How I USED to make 5,000,000 credits/hour through Custom Races... using a Fiat. But not anymore.

As I see this, it was nice icing on a delicious cake, we licked all the icing off the cake and therefore we only have the cake left, enjoy the cake for we have plenty of that...

(in other simpler words, stop complaining....)
Or buy a Honda Beat and grind for 537k a race in 24 minutes at Daytona. Still a million an hour

There is one thing in that whole discussion I still don't understand:

People complain about the usual high payout grinding races and say it is too boring, to do them over and over again.
...and instead they do/did those expolit-custom races, that are way more boring than a 700PP at Le Mans or the Tokyo 600PP event ever can be...?

I remember when I first read about that Fiat/Tomahawk exploit , I was thinking "nice, that someone figured that out...but why would somebody actually do somethimg stupid like that for an hour...what could possibly be more boring...?"
it aint boring when the rubber band is doing all the work while you are cooking dinner, watching a movie with your beloved, or practicing drums... it's a great background method to collect good funds so that when you actually play the game, you can make it all about racing whichever car you like... I agree that to manually drive daytona is boring but when the rubberband is doing the work... happy days!

I don't get why there are those who put down people that do the glitch as "lazy" when they themselved have claimed to buy the credits in the past.
You can count those people that regulary write here AND buy credits on less than one hand...pretty much everybody here hates micro-transactions(or at east finds them pointless...)!

I wasn't able to really grind at Daytona as the last couple of weeks have been really busy. I preferred doing the race at LeMans anyway. I think I can still do that or I may just go back to the regular LeMans grind. It's all good either way

What? Spa24 hour one hour race Is 1.5million with a clean race bonus, still the best payout mechanism in the game.

Honestly speaking, people play this game however they want. I haven’t logged this many hours into the game since September of last year, Now I just play it daily to get my 29 miles for that roulette tickets and that’s it. I never did the AFK method though, I always raced in the game, at least that was fun for me. lol

The best thing left over from this is just how faster i can get to 29 miles LOL

Is this for the bughatti invitation? I've done all the events in GT7 in 2022. I drive every day since Feb 2023 just to get a roulette ticket and hoping to get an invitation for bughatti but no luck so my frustration lead me to grind afk since 1.40 update. I also told my friend who has the car (3 cars) to sell hoping it will show up in used dealership but its not and now he's mad at me

Is this for the bughatti invitation? I've done all the events in GT7 in 2022. I drive every day since Feb 2023 just to get a roulette ticket and hoping to get an invitation for bughatti but no luck so my frustration lead me to grind afk since 1.40 update. I also told my friend who has the car (3 cars) to sell hoping it will show up in used dealership but its not and now he's mad at me
I'm still waiting for my Citroen ticket...

I wish I could give you mine because I don't need it...maybe once I own all other cars I might buy one of these overweight and overpriced tanks(the only Bugatti I consider buying at one point is the Gr1 racer...I had that one in GTS and quite liked ist)

Sounds like I missed quite the party.
Probably for the best.

So, I've been doing the AFK method using a Honda Beat with close ratio gearbox to shrink my PP to under 300, which allows me to still get 550k with CRB for 26 laps at Daytona (and fairly quickly once I enlarge my PP with a different set-up). That's roughly 25 minutes, so just over 1.1m per hour AFK. Are there any other cars that're comparable? I can't get the K20 Abarth below 300PP, so it may finally be time to retire the old midget :D

Probably for the best.

So, I've been doing the AFK method using a Honda Beat with close ratio gearbox to shrink my PP to under 300, which allows me to still get 550k with CRB for 26 laps at Daytona (and fairly quickly once I enlarge my PP with a different set-up). That's roughly 25 minutes, so just over 1.1m per hour AFK. Are there any other cars that're comparable? I can't get the K20 Abarth below 300PP, so it may finally be time to retire the old midget :D
You can get the Himedic under 200pp but the game doesn't let you race it against others

Yeah, I did a bit of tinkering with the Himedic last night but the game clearly recognises that it has the aerodynamic profile of a house brick, getting it to a halfway acceptable top-speed is borderline impossible.

I wonder why PD would bother fixing this glitch (and the use of scripts) when it's such a small number of people that could figure it out and benefit from it. I used to love the Gran Turismo games (I think until the old penalty system where if the AI hit me I got the penalty), but they have gotten worse and worse with GT7 being really the most negatively cerebral of them all. Is PD TRYING to make us hate the game? So much cool stuff in this game, but it's always tempered with something negative.

I wonder why PD would bother fixing this glitch (and the use of scripts) when it's such a small number of people that could figure it out and benefit from it. I used to love the Gran Turismo games (I think until the old penalty system where if the AI hit me I got the penalty), but they have gotten worse and worse with GT7 being really the most negatively cerebral of them all. Is PD TRYING to make us hate the game? So much cool stuff in this game, but it's always tempered with something negative.
That’s not why they fixed it. It was affecting Sophy races which is in the spot light so was important they fixed it quickly.

Last edited:
I’ve been somewhat of a Dub Head since GT Sport, so this glitch was right up my alley. I already had about six different tunes on the Bug and had a lot of fun trying them out.

I’m just now downloading the patch, and I hope I’ll be able to do something with fuel consumption and non-hobbled Tomahawks.

I’ve been somewhat of a Dub Head since GT Sport, so this glitch was right up my alley. I already had about six different tunes on the Bug and had a lot of fun trying them out.

I’m just now downloading the patch, and I hope I’ll be able to do something with fuel consumption and non-hobbled Tomahawks.
You don't need to turn on fuel consumption.

I was running 11 laps of Daytona to maximise my credit earnings during my Daily Workout. Any suggestions as to an event or custom race that is the best for this now?

I was running 11 laps of Daytona to maximise my credit earnings during my Daily Workout. Any suggestions as to an event or custom race that is the best for this now?
Still Daytona, but with an engine-swapped Beat.

You need two configuration sheets. One with every mod taken off to give it low PP for the payout, and then once you enter the event, you switch to the other one with every mod put on. This cheeses the system a little bit, but the payout is much lower than it was before, approximately 75% lower.

Last edited:
@rabidmonkey I've quite literally just uploaded a video guide on youtube if it helps.

Great guide. I didn't realise that the close gearing would drop my PP below 300 and increase the payout.

The only thing of us I will add is that for us plebs on PS4, 27-29 laps is optimum because of the time we lose in the menus. The diminishing returns on the payout start off quite small, and only around 29-30 laps do you actually lose a full lap's worth of payout. Considering it takes us a little bit longer to reload the race, it's better for use to let the race run a little longer so we reload less often.

can you elaborate on the point you mention at the end about resetting mileage by going back to settings ?
Simple, every time you re-enter the race, in the pre-race menu, you open your vehicle settings and then just exit it. This is a bug that will reset your mileage to what it was when you first started running the race (before any retries). That way, you don't get any wear on your engine, oil or chassis.

@lbpomg95 :
Lower my Beat's PPs to 252 on lowest settings. While you set it to 296.

Cr. output ~447k for 24 laps (including CRB).

Need to check what's the result with 26 laps, but significantly lower PP does not seem to improve a lot the outcome. (Maybe I do not max out the benefits because if I completed CE, it is not all gold ?)

[Edit]26 laps gives 484 650Cr.
Lap time around 57-58s with the motion steering method.
May be some optimization to do.

Last edited:
@lbpomg95 :
Lower my Beat's PPs to 252 on lowest settings. While you set it to 296.

Cr. output ~447k for 24 laps (including CRB).

Need to check what's the result with 26 laps, but significantly lower PP does not seem to improve a lot the outcome. (Maybe I do not max out the benefits because if I completed CE, it is not all gold ?)
I think it works in 100PP blocks.

I think it works in 100PP blocks.
ok, so I don't think we can manage to go below 200 so no more gain to be found there.

[Edit]Managed to lower a bit by putting dirt tyres on the rear, that's another 10PP less. But I think it may be possible to have it under 200PP by installing less racing equipments (those which you can't add or remove in settings but that add a big PP bonus), without losing to much in max PP settings for the race.

Last edited:
Back