How I USED to make 5,000,000 credits/hour through Custom Races... using a Fiat. But not anymore.

I'm at level 43 collector level. Any tips on reaching 50 so I can do swaps?

I do have an LT4-Camaro engine if I can do anything with that lol..

Is it possible to do any of these grinds without an engine swap? Can I do this using a TVR Tuscan lol

Thanks

Last edited:

Is it possible to do any of these grinds without an engine swap? Can I do this using a TVR Tuscan lol

Thanks
Buying cars is the fastest way to get to level 50.

Also yes you need a engine swap car like in the OP the best cars for this are.

Abarth 595
Willys Jeep
Volkswagen 1200 or SambaBus

Since those cars are low pp and that's how the games counts them even after you do the engine swap.

Last edited:
I tried to rubber band but my Abarth ends up going slower and slower along the wall that the Tommy’s catch up snd pass it. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Did the exact setup for both the abarth snd tommy from the first post.
You need to nerf the Tomahawks more. Make sure you adjust their transmissions so they spin their tires if they even attempt to touch the gas. I’m usually 19-20 laps ahead of them at the end of a race. The problem is that I need them to be scared to move off that inside line. Even with the Abarth being as small as it is, it bounces off the wall just enough to sometimes tap one of the other cars and they drift to the outside wall. They really only leave about 6 feet of space and the Fiat is about 5.5 feet wide, so you kind of have to be lucky that your car is right against the wall when you are passing them.

That’s great advice @ImbaSteckdose
I’ll try mine at 180km/h to see if that gets me any CRB by avoiding the other cars. You can also gain a few seconds a lap by setting steering assist to strong so it steers you out of the wall a bit
That’s a great idea. I’m going to give that a shot and see if it goes by even faster. So far 31 laps takes me about 28 minutes and the CRB spits out something like 1.8M credits.

Thanks
Unfortunately the quickest way I found to increase the level is to sell all your cars excluding the Tommy X (if you have it) and buy a couple of expensive cars, sell those, rinse repeat but make sure you buy different expensive cars each time so you can actually sell them. The Abarth can be bought currently from Used cars if you don't have a car to use for this race setup. The rally cars you got from the Rally Menu book fetched some pretty good prices iirc. If you use the Abarth you'll need 180k in credits to do a swap + extra 300k for all tuning parts needed to buy for it after the swap.

The Tommy X will cost 1 million, plus an extra 75k for the tuning parts you need (tires and tranny mostly).

Last edited:
Yes, however the reason it works is because GT's arcade/custom races determine the difficulty by the stock PP of the cars.

In essence you're taking the highest stock PP car for the AI, and winning a race against them in the lowest stock PP car. The fact your Abarth/Jeep/Beetle/whatever now has 500hp courtesy of the engine swap is both ignored and what makes it possible to get huge payouts.

If you nerf the Tomahawks sufficiently, you can win in anything, but the higher the stock PP of the car you choose, the lower your payout will be.

You also don't need to be level 50 to get engine swaps, only to buy them. There's several Bonus Menus that award engine tickets, but it's the luck of the draw really; ideally you're looking for the Dodge Hellcat-Charger (for the Jeep), Honda K20C1-Civic-'20 (for the Abarth, Mini, or Honda Beat), or Porsche M64/03-911 (for the Beetle/Sambabus), although a Chevrolet LT1-Corvette (Mazda ND Roadster) or Subaru LS7 BRZ (Nissan Silvia S13 Qs '88) will do as a stop-gap until you're earning enough to buy expensive cars, boost your Collector Level, and buy the swap you need.

If anyone wants to try the jeep and doesn't have it it just showed up in the LCD.👍

Happy credit grinding.👍
Gran Turismo® 7_20231104200031.jpg

Ultimate jeep setup.

47 Seconds lap time no nitrous.
Speeds of 190+👍
Total race time 20 minutes for 26 laps.
24.45 Minutes for 31. (I prefer 31 laps.)
Professional level.
View attachment 1300555
View attachment 1300556
View attachment 1300557
View attachment 1300558
View attachment 1300559
View attachment 1300560

Thanks for the build, I gave it a try yesterday after doing the samba and I’m enjoying it way more.
I tweaked the suspension a little and added a ballast to the front so it can make use of nitrous in the straights without lifting.

I managed 3000km driven yesterday and cleared out the used and legend dealerships, finally got the legendary cars trophy haha.
Now it’s time to build some savings.

Thanks for the build, I gave it a try yesterday after doing the samba and I’m enjoying it way more.
I tweaked the suspension a little and added a ballast to the front so it can make use of nitrous in the straights without lifting.

I managed 3000km driven yesterday and cleared out the used and legend dealerships, finally got the legendary cars trophy haha.
Now it’s time to build some savings.
Nice.

I also bought my 3rd 330 P4 and I'm back to 93M.:lol:

I just hope that all those gamers that never got a chance to own there favorite car cause of it being to expensive get in on this.👍

Nice.

I just hope that all those gamers that never got a chance to own there favorite car cause of it being to expensive get in on this.👍
This is (IMO) the best thing to happen in the game since the Tommy exploit. In fact this is better than that one. Lest effort, more pay.

Last edited:
I don't think this is really an exploit as droving these cars is a pain in the arse. My favorite so far is the samba bus on route X or Northern isle. Creams everything with my tune.

Nice.

Oh yeah I’m for sure getting that 20 mill McLaren now and the xj13 with this grind 🤑🤑

This is great.

I've done the race a few times today, and only got the CRB once.

now my daughters are each having turns and being such an easy win for them it's still making me over 1m Cr each race instead of the less than 20k I would get for setting races for them.

Last edited:
You saying my Rubberbands drive more cleanly than humans? Explains why Sport mode has so many issues :)
Trying to control the car yourself is a pain in the arse.

Now i'm off my wheel and set up remote play on the PC so hair bands are controlling the car now.

Slower laps, but no accidents yet so the CRB shouldn't be an issue.

"protip" if you run to many laps the risk of losing the crb is bigger, last night i was away for hours so i let it go looong, but lost the crb, which essentially meant it didn't matter that i extended the race. I'm going to play around with the speed of the tomahawks to reduce the number of overtakes so i can run stupid long races.
Tried 30 laps and no CRB. Was terrible. 26 seems to be just right.

It's looking like the VW Beetle with the Porsche engine is the ideal car. Found a tune on the Gran Turismo reddit capable of running 38.3 lap times. I'm not sure if this tune uses wide body, but I elected not to so I had a few more inches of leeway to squeeze past the Tomahawks.
Thanks for the find! This one is absolute banger.
And if you don't want to buy the X2014, the same Tomahawk VGT as Abarth one works fine. 1607400 Credits for 18min with CRB, and easier to get since less laps

"protip" if you run to many laps the risk of losing the crb is bigger, last night i was away for hours so i let it go looong, but lost the crb, which essentially meant it didn't matter that i extended the race. I'm going to play around with the speed of the tomahawks to reduce the number of overtakes so i can run stupid long races.
I prefer 31 laps.

Also I use 3 different car groups.

GR3
Tomahawk from OP
And a slower version of the Tomahawk.

It creates 3 different groups around the track which I find more engaging and fun.
Credits are not effected by doing this you still get the same amount.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231105071542.jpg

Last edited:
@lbpomg95 thank you for the tutorial!

I’ve been doing 12 laps with the Abarth just around 9:30 for 717k. I tuned the tomahawks fast enough that I don’t have to lap them, but it takes me more than a lap to reach first place.

How do you guys manage sub 40 second lap times with the beetle? I can barely go under 45 with that tune

Last edited:
@lbpomg95 thank you for the tutorial!

I’ve been doing 12 laps with the Abarth just around 9:30 for 717k. I tuned the tomahawks fast enough that I don’t have to lap them, but it takes me more than a lap to reach first place.
What top speed did you set the tomahawks at? And what top speed are you using for the abarth? Thanks!

Latest Posts

Back