How I USED to make 5,000,000 credits/hour through Custom Races... using a Fiat. But not anymore.

What top speed did you set the tomahawks at? And what top speed are you using for the abarth? Thanks!
257 km/h for the tomahawk and I’m using the tune from this topic for the abarth which is 367
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
@lbpomg95 thank you for the tutorial!

I’ve been doing 12 laps with the Abarth just around 9:30 for 717k. I tuned the tomahawks fast enough that I don’t have to lap them, but it takes me more than a lap to reach first place.

How do you guys manage sub 40 second lap times with the beetle? I can barely go under 45 with that tune
I'm doing this method:

9 laps per race (because Nitro on at all times doesn't allow for more). 535k Cr for 5m48 seconds pretty much constantly (I did two races back to back with .006 of difference :lol:), so around 92k per minute.
I did reset my Tomahawks though, and only messed with the gears so they go a little slower than me - I lap just one car on my last lap IIRC.

I'm doing this method:

9 laps per race (because Nitro on at all times doesn't allow for more). 535k Cr for 5m48 seconds pretty much constantly (I did two races back to back with .006 of difference :lol:), so around 92k per minute.
I did reset my Tomahawks though, and only messed with the gears so they go a little slower than me - I lap just one car on my last lap IIRC.

Hm, that’s the beetle tune I tried and it wasn’t nearly as fast for me. Handles worse than the abarth with my driving style, but I’ll double check if the setups totally match.

Got to say, I've been really enjoying this update on its own.
Thanks to the increased payouts and to this thread I can now purchase and drive cars I'd actually forgotten were in this game such as the DBR9. It always felt crazy to have been able to see the XJ13 multiple times but never be able to afford it in a game! I really hope they don't nerf the payouts for custom races, I've been having much more fun than 700pp Sarthe.

Credit to @lbpomg95 for his video that got me back to this site :D

I have been using the Jeep and I keep hitting the Tomahawk and losing the CRB around the last lap. I also need to max out the Jeep as I wasn't using it maxxed out so my laps are a little slow. Hopefully they don't patch this out

Just returned from a wonderful family dinner at a fantastic greek restaurant. Thanks to all 4 sharing the various setups!

Attachments

• IMG_7721.jpeg
    IMG_7721.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I've been trying to AFK this, using a rubber band to keep the throttle pinned and keep the car steering slightly to the right. The problem is, sometimes the Tomahawks will go side-by-side on the straight and squeeze me, which sends the little Abarth looping through the air, resetting the car position and putting it back into 1st gear. This then creates a death spiral, because the car does huge wheelstands in the first two gears, so if I'm AFK, it'll do a backflip and then reset the position again, repeating ad infinitum until I intervene. I guess I can make the first two gears longer in order to avoid the wheelstands, but is the any way to prevent the car getting airborne if it hits a Tomahawk? The Tomahawks are doing about 240km/h and I'm doing about 300km/h.

Back in business. The only that's stopping me from getting all the cars is not the money but the stupid roulettes that can give me the access to buy the missing ferrari's, bugatti's I've been missing since August of last year lololol

Slow down the Tomahawk with gearing..?

I suspect that would make it worse, as the speed difference would be bigger upon impact. I managed to somewhat improve the situation by lengthening the Abarth’s gearing and running the entire race in second, but the Tomahawks still chop across me in about 1 out of 5 races.

I've been trying to AFK this, using a rubber band to keep the throttle pinned and keep the car steering slightly to the right. The problem is, sometimes the Tomahawks will go side-by-side on the straight and squeeze me, which sends the little Abarth looping through the air, resetting the car position and putting it back into 1st gear. This then creates a death spiral, because the car does huge wheelstands in the first two gears, so if I'm AFK, it'll do a backflip and then reset the position again, repeating ad infinitum until I intervene. I guess I can make the first two gears longer in order to avoid the wheelstands, but is the any way to prevent the car getting airborne if it hits a Tomahawk? The Tomahawks are doing about 240km/h and I'm doing about 300km/h.
Just drive the car yourself until you overtake all of them (which for me is usually at turn 1 of lap 2), then let the rubberbands take over. I geared the Tomahawks so that the Abarth doesn’t lap them the entire 25 lap race, but even when they were set to the lowest speed possible I still had no problems rubberbanding because I noticed they would move aside when being lapped.

Last edited:
Bad news
It doesn’t work anymore
Now the payout for the Abarth vs 20 Tomahawk is 413.000 (26 laps) and the Abatrh laps 1:54 vs 0:54 before
Do you have gold on the circuit experience for the 400% bonus. That needs to be done.

I can’t check now, but maybe they’ve hotfixed it so engine swaps change the base PP now.
Even if they have, there will still be profitable set ups with the 400% boost.

You can test it by jumping in with a stock car if you want to verify.

Last edited:
Bad news
It doesn’t work anymore
Now the payout for the Abarth vs 20 Tomahawk is 413.000 (26 laps) and the Abatrh laps 1:54 vs 0:54 before
I just finished a 15 lap race just less then a minute ago and I got the right amount of credits 892K so yeah it still does work.

Last edited:
kjb
I have been using the Jeep and I keep hitting the Tomahawk and losing the CRB around the last lap. I also need to max out the Jeep as I wasn't using it maxxed out so my laps are a little slow. Hopefully they don't patch this out
I don't see how they're going to patch this though since it's not exploiting a glitch like with the Tokyo Tomahawk but I have a feeling they will.

Last edited:
The fix would be changing the base PP value of the car to reflect the engine swap, which I imagine is simple to do.
I think they will tbh.
Either that or making the payouts reflect current PP rather than base PP. It still wouldn't completely nerf this particular race, as the Tomahawk performs much lower than its PP because of the gearing, but it would normalise it quite a lot. (I'm thinking also about how you can tune pretty much any road car up to compete against Gr. 4/Gr. 3 cars or maybe even Gr. 2 with the right base car, and they enjoy increased payouts compared to using Group cars).

Has there been any news of a script for this during the weekend?
That would be the cherry on top.
I just completed a script that is working nicely. I used PSRemotePlay 5.5 with PS4Macro.

The issue is I accidentally updated to version 6 and I had to wait for this video that came out today on how to fix it.

Here’s an earlier one on how to run the PS4Macro and how to record your own script.

Last edited:
Yeh the fix is easy enough but even with that change, I imagine it would be possible to win this race with a fairly low PP car vs the janked Tomahawks? It could still be a worthwhile grind once fixed.

Personally I hope they don't change it, currently only works if you're at collector level 50, so it's almost a reward/end game grind for players that make it that far. I don't really remember now but it's still quite a big grind to get to 50, right?

Back