How I USED to make 5,000,000 credits/hour through Custom Races... using a Fiat. But not anymore.

Is it possible to do it without a engine swap? Dont have engine swaps for those cars.
In theory yes but the credit reward is based on the pp difference between your car and the Tomahawks. The reason the engine swaps work so well is because currently the game calculates the pp difference based on the base pp of the car, rather than the engine swapped version.

Last edited:
Is it possible to do it without a engine swap? Dont have engine swaps for those cars.
I guess you could run a fiat 500 against a hobbled Tomahawk but it would be really slow. The thing here is that with the engine swap the race completes in around 46 second laps (depending on car) for the wall grind and when you factor in that per hour it adds up. Without the engine swap you can probably earn more using other conventional methods.

You need to be level 50 collector to be able to buy engine swaps if you are not lucky enough to "win" the correct engine in the wheel.

Last edited:
Guys, am I doing this right?

Just kidding, I'm on my second oil change today as I write this.

18ba54f61dd30-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

I'm angry that I forgot we have motion steering. But trying to pass those Tomahawk without hitting them is hard with motion I imagine ?
Easy enough if you cripple the tomahawk properly. I just use the brake on start to prevent me ploughing in to the car directly in front of me, drive such that I'm touching the wall and then place the controller down with the motion steering. Super simples.

Take it from 50+ million credits of experience, you can easily drive the Fiat 500 in a 30 lap race without touching those Tomahawks, just ride the wall for 30 laps and cash in, enable all assists, TCS 2 or 3, and lets go.
Do you use automatic or manual transmission?

Can anyone suggest a setup without an engine swap? I do have a tomahawk and gold on Daytona, but I'm not level 50 yet and I think many people would appreciate it if there is a solution for a setup without an engine swap :) plzz

looking for a solution as well

Okay, I tried your tune as is and it was good but not perfect to my liking. There was a little more snappiness than I like for Nordschleife, made me spin more than I'd like for grinding. Could have adjusted to it, but wanted something more fitting to my style. So took some of your elements and combined with my previous tune, and I'm pretty happy with it now. The less aggressive initial torque on LSD makes it a little more eager to turn in and just that tiny bit less likely to instantly lose grip on exit, and could even reduce the front ballast a bit. Here's my 24h layout run and current tune:

View attachment 1301402
View attachment 1301403

The tune:
View attachment 1301404
View attachment 1301405
View attachment 1301406

The 5th gear is a little too short for Dottinger Höhe, not sure if making it longer would have negative effect somewhere else.

This really is a rounded up Porsche, and pays good money / minute! I calculated from my 24h layout replay that the full Nordschleife lap time would be somewhere around 6:45 and that is a perfect pace to build confidence for lapping fast road cars at the Ring. Super happy with this "grind" :D

Also, this Martini Porsche livery is super fitting:

View attachment 1301408
Thank you.
I must admit I have spun with it myself, but you have to be gentle on the throttle out of curves. You get used to it.
I use steering wheel and only ABS default. I will try your tune ASAP.

I've been trying to AFK this, using a rubber band to keep the throttle pinned and keep the car steering slightly to the right. The problem is, sometimes the Tomahawks will go side-by-side on the straight and squeeze me, which sends the little Abarth looping through the air, resetting the car position and putting it back into 1st gear. This then creates a death spiral, because the car does huge wheelstands in the first two gears, so if I'm AFK, it'll do a backflip and then reset the position again, repeating ad infinitum until I intervene. I guess I can make the first two gears longer in order to avoid the wheelstands, but is the any way to prevent the car getting airborne if it hits a Tomahawk? The Tomahawks are doing about 240km/h and I'm doing about 300km/h.
To try and combat this, turn traction control on. If it does the death spiral early enough in the race, just restart as you've probably lost your CRB!

Can anyone suggest a setup without an engine swap? I do have a tomahawk and gold on Daytona, but I'm not level 50 yet and I think many people would appreciate it if there is a solution for a setup without an engine swap :) plzz

looking for a solution as well
Probably just requires a bit of testing. Jank those Tomahawks/Red Bulls as much as you can, then test a few cars to find the lowest possible pp car that can lap Daytona faster. Rewards will probably be sgnificantly lower though.

You don't need to be level 50; you can get engines from Six Star Roulette (Engine) tickets, several of which are available as Extra Menu Book rewards.

Just keep an eye out for any of the engines I mentioned in my last post, which will work as a stopgap until you reach 50 and can buy the engine you need.

That aside, your goal is to take the car with the highest standard PP you have and hobble its tyres and gearing, and beat 19 of it with a max-tuned version of the car with the lowest standard PP.

It doesn't matter what the cars actually are, that's the recipe. The Tomahawk X and a swapped 100ish PP car is simply the most efficient way of doing it; if you don't have them, you can use anything similar until you do.

What do you have on your Abarth? I can only get a tune that goes to 8138rpm with a PP of 452. It is not quick...

Can I have the wrong engine in it? Mine is the 110F.000-ABA205-595 whatever that is.
That's the standard engine. You need the K20C1-Civic-'20 swap.

If you're already Level 50, just take the car to GT Auto and buy the engine.

Last edited:
That's the standard engine. You need the K20C1-Civic-'20 swap.
Doh!

I thought I already had done the swap. Spent all those $$$ on tuning a crappy engine :D No wonder why but was slow....

I'll have to play with that one tonight to see if I can get the 4+m /hr up from the 3.3m/hr I'm getting now.

Last edited:
Why I do the money glitch:

I spent a SIGNIFICANT amount of time playing this game by logging in and knowing i need a ton more money to buy the cars i want and the cars I need for races and menus. this would cause me to log in and either do 1x spa 24h or 2x of the le mans/sardegna combo. by that time I'd be done with my playtime. if i did stuff like grinding out golds in missions/licenses/sport mode time trials, i'd be going around the track a whole bunch of times, restarting a bunch, and making actually $0 for my playtime.

so what happened?

I still don't have gold in every license, I havent touched missions in months, and i get bronze or an occasional silver in time trials and then go do something that makes more money. I have fewer than 50 total sport mode races.

what happens now that i made a bunch of money while watching F1 and football on sunday?

I can log in and do whatever I want without worrying about having enough money to buy cars when there's a patch or when something comes up in the hagerty dealership that i want to buy. I'm going to grind out the license golds. I'll try to beat some of the new chili pepper difficulty races. I can race against Sophy for fun. I'm going to spend more time on the time trials. I'll do more sport mode races.
I barely touched it for months. Occasional grind to get money for new cars then give up.

I’ve spent the last few days playing nothing else. And funny enough I wasn’t grinding 90% of the time…

Having money and options (and new events) makes you stay in the game…

Good.

I’m clearly doing something wrong. When I rubberband and wall ride it takes the car over a minute to do a lap. It gets as low as 81 mph. It takes 43 minutes to do a 26 lap race. I love being able to walk away as I have 3 kids and a wife so very little actual play time to make money without pissing off the wife. But how do I get it to go faster? Can you map the nitrous to the accelerator? Is that where I am screwing up?

I've been tinkering with some settings on the Abarth. OP suspension settings and some others I've seen here make the car uncontrollable if you're trying to drive yourself. So I went through and tried to find something more stable and less ... make-a-mistake-and-die-in-a-firey-crash-y ... Right.

18ba5df691731-screenshotUrl.jpg
18ba5df56cf79-screenshotUrl.jpg
18ba5df44d24-screenshotUrl.jpg

I'm not particularly gifted in tuning, but this seems to work a bit better for me. The car is weird on the straights but can actually hold a line though the banked turns pretty well below 170 mph and can recover from when the rear goes out in a turn very easily, in my testing so far.

Transmission settings are the same as OP.

I’m clearly doing something wrong. When I rubberband and wall ride it takes the car over a minute to do a lap. It gets as low as 81 mph. It takes 43 minutes to do a 26 lap race. I love being able to walk away as I have 3 kids and a wife so very little actual play time to make money without pissing off the wife. But how do I get it to go faster? Can you map the nitrous to the accelerator? Is that where I am screwing up?
What car are you using? Using the OP’s tune on the Abarth the lap times with it driving itself are 50-51 seconds and a 26 lap race takes 22 minutes.

It sounds like you're steering too much to the right. You just need a small amount of steering input to stay stuck to the wall. If you increase it, it will scrub off all your speed.

See my post here. Very little steering input
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-over-4-million-per-hour.418494/post-14131691

Tune updated. Under 7m in 10 laps. Laps in 40s / 41s

That's about 5M an hour and no wall ride :-)

I did all the above, Fiat tuned exactly as stated, the Tommerhawk the same and set up the race but the maximum payout I could get was 669000 and in another video it said I'd get a clean race bonus even hitting the wall but that was not the case. Still a good one for a change but I make more money doing the world circuits especially the gr3 race at le man getting the clean race bonus for 30 minutes

Back