How I USED to make 5,000,000 credits/hour through Custom Races... using a Fiat. But not anymore.

Personally I hope they don't change it, currently only works if you're at collector level 50, so it's almost a reward/end game grind for players that make it that far. I don't really remember now but it's still quite a big grind to get to 50, right?
Indeed.

The best with that method is that you don't even need to play so you skip the boring grinding completely

Attachments

• IMG_20231106_094317.jpg
    IMG_20231106_094317.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20231106_094248.jpg
    IMG_20231106_094248.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hm, that’s the beetle tune I tried and it wasn’t nearly as fast for me. Handles worse than the abarth with my driving style, but I’ll double check if the setups totally match.
It handles great for me with a controller. I also lowered downforce to 125 and set fuel consumption to 2x. My personal best is a 5:45 (with clean race bonus obviously)
Though admittedly it's probably best to just AFK it, whether with scripts or rubbeer bands.

In case you want to actually drive it :rolleyes: and, you know like proper a drive, avoid the walls 😂 my tune is the thread below.

May add more tunes to it in time... for now it's just the one.

Great technique! I will try to test it tonight^^

Anyway how you manage to get the good engine swap? because he can only receive engine as gift no?

I managed to get the bug to be a fast, safe and enjoyable car to drive on Nordschleife with this settings. Sub 7 min lap time.
Gear at 7800 rpm. Now it´s fun to grind. Works on all tracks, but the Ring and LeMans have best payoff. Sub 4 min on LeMans.View attachment 1301355View attachment 1301356View attachment 1301357View attachment 1301358View attachment 1301359View attachment 1301360View attachment 1301361View attachment 1301362
I like your style 👍 Been working with a Beetle tune as well. It's the one 'slow car' that speaks to me as a potential 'schleife tool. Haven't tried such a stiff LSD yet, have to experiment with it. The front ballast is a must though.

Last edited:
Yes the front ballast is a must.
The LSD settings are extreme but it works.
The funny thing is that it´s not getting uppset over curbs.

If I'm honest, rubber bands and scripts are too much for me. I don't judge anyone doing it but I feel like I should be the one grinding. I'll enjoy the big payouts but must endure the pain first. :D
The point of rubberband grinding is earning credits that you wouldn’t have earned anyway. Sure you can drive yourself, but why wouldn’t you want to also earn while you’re eating dinner, playing with your kid or taking a dump? Another positive that will come out of this is there will probaby be more people like me who will play online or sport mode due to not having to grind Sardegna and Sarthe. I can earn money while I do other things and drive the races that I actually want to.

Last edited:
The point of rubberband grinding is earning credits that you wouldn’t have earned anyway. Sure you can drive yourself, but why wouldn’t you want to also earn while you’re eating dinner, playing with your kid or taking a dump? Another positive that will come out of this is there will probaby be more people like me who will play online or sport mode due to not having to grind Sardegna and Sarthe. I can earn money while I do other things and drive the races that I actually want to.
I understand what the point is, that's entirely the problem for me. I don't want credits that I haven't earned myself.

I managed to get the bug to be a fast, safe and enjoyable car to drive on Nordschleife with this settings. Sub 7 min lap time.
Gear at 7800 rpm. Now it´s fun to grind. Works on all tracks, but the Ring and LeMans have best payoff. Sub 4 min on LeMans.View attachment 1301355View attachment 1301356View attachment 1301357View attachment 1301358View attachment 1301359View attachment 1301360View attachment 1301361View attachment 1301362
The beetles good fun around Le Mans,only thing is i cant seem to get CRB.The first race I bumped one of the ai whilst overtaking but the two races after im pretty sure I didnt touch them.I did go off track a few times but I thought that didnt affect the CRB?

So, GT7 has finally become as good a game as GTS now we can get decent credits AFK. My controller jig has been lying unused for far too long, it's good to see it back in action:

controllerjig.jpg

I'm doing 30 lap races, and even lapping the AIs 10x per race, I'm getting the CRB every time.

Adding AFK grinding was definitely what GT7 needed to compete with FM.

I just completed a script that is working nicely. I used PSRemotePlay 5.5 with PS4Macro.

The issue is I accidentally updated to version 6 and I had to wait for this video that came out today on how to fix it.

how many laps for the script? it doesn't show any info at the video.

So, GT7 has finally become as good a game as GTS now we can get decent credits AFK. My controller jig has been lying unused for far too long, it's good to see it back in action:

View attachment 1301382

I'm doing 30 lap races, and even lapping the AIs 10x per race, I'm getting the CRB every time.

Adding AFK grinding was definitely what GT7 needed to compete with FM.
Motion steering is easier, but I love a well engineered solution, so bravo!

I understand what the point is, that's entirely the problem for me. I don't want credits that I haven't earned myself.
But would you like to actually earn credits when playing the game? I've done the Maggiore 1 hour mission race many times without receiving any payout at all. This AFK grind is just paying me back for all the hours I've spent playing the game and not receiving any credits because of the stupid game design with a tiny number of races that pay out much more than the rest, while some of the most interesting races in the game pay out nothing at all once you've got gold on them.

The fact that it seems like it might finally be possible to just enjoy playing GT7 and not have to worry about doing the specific tiny number of races with decent payouts is even tempting me to get a PS5. It's really just the physics being so much worse than the new FM that makes me reluctant to do that now.

Last edited:
Makes sense! As I said, no judgement from me, I totally understand why people want to do it and I could even rationalise it as you have done. It's still a stretch too far for me though, personally, and I really don't mind a little bit of grinding. I'm just happy that the pay is now worth it, for now at least. :)

how many laps for the script? it doesn't show any info at the video.
My script is set up for 7 laps with the Cappuccino. It is not 100% perfect yet as I need to tweak it for oil wear. It ran for around 2-1/2 hours last night before the time lag of worn oil caused it to lose sync and not complete correctly. I need to re-record the script for it to always run on worn oil. It'll be a little slower but more consistent.
IMG_7506.JPG

Why 7 laps? I have fuel consumption set to x3 and nitro set so that it runs out of fuel and nitro just after I cross the line. Also with 7 laps, if I do happen to hit a car and lose my CRB I don't waste a long run as more times it is clean but the occasional hit does occur when the AI does something unexpected, like crash. I set the AI to run at a pace so they are about 2/3rd of a lap behind me when I finish so I only have to pass them once.

IMG_7515.JPG

Perhaps not the highest payout per hour but at 6 minutes loops with CRB it works out to be about 3.3m / hour totally hands free.

IMG_7507.JPG

Note the output at 63%.

IMG_7509.JPG

IMG_7510.JPG

For the Tomahawk, it was originally totally hobbled with this this gearing, power reduction and suspension. I might put the suspension back to normal and just rely on gearing so it crashes out less. Not sure if that will help.
IMG_7512.JPG

IMG_7514.JPG

I run two scripts.

1) Runs it one race from the entry screen selecting the race options ands running one race until it ends and gets onto the retry screen.

2) I then put PS4Macro into loop mode and run the grind script that then activates retry and runs the races from there in a loop. As long as nothing crashes out it will run continuously.

I'm not 100% perfect yet but it's close.

Last edited:
Okay, I tried your tune as is and it was good but not perfect to my liking. There was a little more snappiness than I like for Nordschleife, made me spin more than I'd like for grinding. Could have adjusted to it, but wanted something more fitting to my style. So took some of your elements and combined with my previous tune, and I'm pretty happy with it now. The less aggressive initial torque on LSD makes it a little more eager to turn in and just that tiny bit less likely to instantly lose grip on exit, and could even reduce the front ballast a bit. Here's my 24h layout run and current tune:

18ba518936f24-screenshotUrl.jpg

18ba518e66446-screenshotUrl.jpg

The tune:
18ba519aad137-screenshotUrl.jpg

18ba519befe99-screenshotUrl.jpg

18ba519d0b531-screenshotUrl.jpg

The 5th gear is a little too short for Dottinger Höhe, not sure if making it longer would have negative effect somewhere else.

This really is a rounded up Porsche, and pays good money / minute! I calculated from my 24h layout replay that the full Nordschleife lap time would be somewhere around 6:45 and that is a perfect pace to build confidence for lapping fast road cars at the Ring. Super happy with this "grind" :D

Also, this Martini Porsche livery is super fitting:

18ba526520d48-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
I just think of it like it’s B-spec in GT5 where I’d have my Bobs drive an X2010 and leave them by themselves :lol:
I left my PlayStation running on nonstop with the b spec 24 hour races!!! the memories LOL.

Honestly we have Like a solid month before PD does something or doesn‘t the vehicles aren’t glitched except for how it pays out, not the end of the world for them.

Why I do the money glitch:

I spent a SIGNIFICANT amount of time playing this game by logging in and knowing i need a ton more money to buy the cars i want and the cars I need for races and menus. this would cause me to log in and either do 1x spa 24h or 2x of the le mans/sardegna combo. by that time I'd be done with my playtime. if i did stuff like grinding out golds in missions/licenses/sport mode time trials, i'd be going around the track a whole bunch of times, restarting a bunch, and making actually $0 for my playtime.

so what happened?

I still don't have gold in every license, I havent touched missions in months, and i get bronze or an occasional silver in time trials and then go do something that makes more money. I have fewer than 50 total sport mode races.

what happens now that i made a bunch of money while watching F1 and football on sunday?

I can log in and do whatever I want without worrying about having enough money to buy cars when there's a patch or when something comes up in the hagerty dealership that i want to buy. I'm going to grind out the license golds. I'll try to beat some of the new chili pepper difficulty races. I can race against Sophy for fun. I'm going to spend more time on the time trials. I'll do more sport mode races.

Back