How important is paint/vinyl customization in GT5?

I find it really funny how people downplay an the idea of a livery editor as unneseccary yet it's a part of real motorsport and racing. Do any of you hate and not watch Le Mans, ALMS, etc. because the cars in it have liveries and stickers on them?

I find it really funny how people downplay an the idea of a livery editor as unneseccary yet it's a part of real motorsport and racing. Do any of you hate and not watch Le Mans, ALMS, etc. because the cars in it have liveries and stickers on them?

Are you crazy? We don't watch "riced" cars with "stickers for kids". :lol:

Can I just ask the IDIOTS who think a livery editor/creator is pointless if they ever actually watch any form of motorsport, Lets rhyme a few off shall we in no particular order, NASCAR, WRC, BTCC, WTCC, F1, F3000, Clio Cup, Porsche Carrera Cup, Ginetta Juniors, D1 GP, Le Mans e.t.c What do all these motorsports have in common cars with liveries and sponsors on them, Point proven I think, As nice as the GT series is I still cannot take it seriously In real life sanctioned races not only have noise regulations but also make you have atleast a number of correct size and dimensions plastered on at least the sides of the car.

If you don't want a livery editor/creator then don't use it you'll be the ones missing out but I can bet my left nut all those who say it isn't needed as soon as one becomes available they will try to get some liveries off people who make them !.

Yes.

Being able to put some "sponser" decals on would be cool, same with beingable to create your own liverys. It would be good for the online aspect of it.

Also, i would like to see better areo/body kit options for some cars...

Wow nice find, We can still live in hope is seems, But if PD never deliver on that then we have ammo for the next game so they make it a game for real car enthusiasts and not the game Kaz wants for himself :).
Well, that photo proves that a livery editor is in the works for GT5 or GT6.

Thank you!!! Couldn't agree with you more 👍 I always thought it would be better if Polyphony scrapped out that RM feature and created lots of body kits for each car with livery, so we can modify the cars for ourselves. Hopefully this will be in GT6.

And Kaz already said Livery editor won't be in GT5 but it's already on their "to do list".
You're welcome, and I'm glad we're on the same page, it's better to be able to make something your own than to have some one else do it for you.

Can I just ask the IDIOTS who think a livery editor/creator is pointless if they ever actually watch any form of motorsport, Lets rhyme a few off shall we in no particular order, NASCAR, WRC, BTCC, WTCC, F1, F3000, Clio Cup, Porsche Carrera Cup, Ginetta Juniors, D1 GP, Le Mans e.t.c What do all these motorsports have in common cars with liveries and sponsors on them, Point proven I think, As nice as the GT series is I still cannot take it seriously In real life sanctioned races not only have noise regulations but also make you have atleast a number of correct size and dimensions plastered on at least the sides of the car.

If you don't want a livery editor/creator then don't use it you'll be the ones missing out but I can bet my left nut all those who say it isn't needed as soon as one becomes available they will try to get some liveries off people who make them !.
Haters gonna hate! That's all I can say.

On another note, I was thinking of creating a poll, "Would you like to see a livery editor implemented in GT5, Yes or No," that way we could see which side has more people on it, do you think I should do it?

Yes.

Being able to put some "sponser" decals on would be cool, same with beingable to create your own liverys. It would be good for the online aspect of it.

Also, i would like to see better areo/body kit options for some cars...

Exactly aero and liveries = Our own RM cars it saves PD having to model quite so much in the long run after all they did say the body parts of premiums were interchangeable maybe im making that up. I think someone with "That Microsoft game" should make a GT livery and share it with Mr Kaz on twitter show him what the opposition has over his game.

ghostrider135
I think someone with "That Microsoft game" should make a GT livery and share it with Mr Kaz on twitter show him what the opposition has over his game.
This is the most freaking excellent idea ever. He would finally see what his game is missing.

Are you crazy? We don't watch "riced" cars with "stickers for kids". :lol:

Why do you assume ever car will be riced? How about you stop being so close minded and think of the other people who do cool stuff with cars? When i played forza 2 and 3 online only about every 1/25 cars looked riced out. The rest that had liveries looked like legitimate designs.
Stop being idiotic about how the livery editor will be used for 100% ricing.
People like you that dont THINK annoy me.

Why do you assume ever car will be riced? How about you stop being so close minded and think of the other people who do cool stuff with cars? When i played forza 2 and 3 online only about every 1/25 cars looked riced out. The rest that had liveries looked like legitimate designs.
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

If he was than thats a message to everyone else who doesnt think about the livery editor in a proper manner. I think a livery editor is one of the most important things in a racing game.

Look dudes i'm not trying to ruffle feathers here, but NASCAR, F1, Super GT, WRC cars are all official and they are real cars with real sponsorship stickers but the second you give a livery editor to 10-16 yr old what tasteful art will they produce? Boobs,Balls,Dicks, obscene language, hemp signs, Nazi symbols, racist slurs,gay rants, and personally I don't wanna see that garbage while I'm racing and yes if there is button to turn it off I will use. At the same time supercar manufactures might not want their product associated with a bunch of hot rodders after all they spend so much time making a tight collar image for themselves one would cringe having to deal and angry parent and a bad image, which brings me to my next point My buddy's kid is one of those 12 yr old painting his cars with obscene images on forza, my buddy's wife went ballistic when she saw this and has taken forza away from him, she wrote letters to turn 10 condeming them, she brought this subject up in the PTA meetings trying to bring awareness to other parents and you know what she's right she claims videogames are crossing morale lines and they are, their little 12 yr boy is a punk and in my culture his ass would've been whipped.

For those of you implying that I'm being selfish, Perhaps i'am but in the interest of the greater whole rather than just me, is what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
Not very important in my opinion. Although it would have use to drifters or racing teams it would be mainly used by casual gamers. I believe it could damage the true driving/racing feel to GT5. Online could be diluted with people showing off cars. As for race cars, I like to race them as they were intended to be. I want my charge livery on my 787, not TankAss written all over the side of it.

We need standards to be made into premiums instead. Plus weather/time change for more tracks.

Not very important in my opinion. Although it would have use to drifters or racing teams it would be mainly used by casual gamers. I believe it could damage the true driving/racing feel to GT5. Online could be diluted with people showing off cars. As for race cars, I like to race them as they were intended to be. I want my charge livery on my 787, not TankAss written all over the side of it.

Do explain how paint ruins driving/racing feel? :confused:

Stavelot
Do explain how paint ruins driving/racing feel? :confused:

I somewhat feel that people would be influenced by little things like modification and that would distract them from what (in my opinion) Gran Turismo is all about. We need more focus on the actual racing, not who has the "sickest" design on their car. Stuff like this would just lead to a less rich online experience.

I believe light modification is acceptable, which is currently implemented.

You can't go about it half way, if you enable it, you have to accept people who will ruin the look of GT with the livery editor but on the other hand you'll have people creating amazing things. It's all or nothing and I feel like for now Kaz would rather not having it at all. I'm all for it but yeah, once you get that out, you get the full spectrum regardless of the subjectiveness of it all.

Yes, i was sarcastic, and you had my same reaction to people like that, lol.
When you say Livery and they say OMG ITS4KIDS GO PLAY NFS or something like that.. 👎

Stavelot
So racing livery with sponsor and numbers would detract from racing game? Awesome....

Yes, in my opinion. As I said online would become diluted, there would be less focus on the beauty of the cars themselves. If I want to go for livery, I'll get a Bentley Speed 8. That was the way the car won the le mans. That's the colours children should remember that car for.
Maybe I just sound crazy, I just think that it could misrepresent the cars and Gran Turismo itself. There's more important things that need to be discussed previous to this being implemented.

I somewhat feel that people would be influenced by little things like modification and that would distract them from what (in my opinion) Gran Turismo is all about. We need more focus on the actual racing, not who has the "sickest" design on their car. Stuff like this would just lead to a less rich online experience.
I don't think online as it is now has remotely enough sanctity for that reason to be valid.

Just another ridiculous and poor argument like the engine swap one.....

Why not limit function of editor? Pre set design, various sponsor set placement changeable, numbers etc to make realistic race livery.

I just want to paint my NSX Super GT car with a Hello Kitty on the hood.

That's not too much to ask.

And if anyone says that's a stupid livery, then I point you to the famous Porsche 908s with the Pig and Psychodelic schemes...

And then I'll say you're as fun as dry toast.

I think someone with "That Microsoft game" should make a GT livery and share it with Mr Kaz on twitter show him what the opposition has over his game.
This is the most freaking excellent idea ever. He would finally see what his game is missing.
I just happen to have something I whipped up in Forza 3, before I dropped it. ;)

Unfortunately, I'm not too well schooled in Twitter - I guess I'm an illiterate "Twit" :lol: - but here you go.

350Z48a.jpg

alba, you should post a couple of yours, they're superb!

I think livery editor should just be stuff like stripes and decals that u can only place on certain spots of the cars, that way it would stay classy. They just need to put a LOT different motives.
While in Forza there are truly great designs, lets be honest theres a lot rubbish stuff, too and that would totally ruin the feel of Gran Turismo.

sumbrownkid
I just want to paint my NSX Super GT car with a Hello Kitty on the hood.

That's not too much to ask.

And if anyone says that's a stupid livery, then I point you to the famous Porsche 908s with the Pig and Psychodelic schemes...

And then I'll say you're as fun as dry toast.

Isn't that nick mason's Porsche?

Back