How important is paint/vinyl customization in GT5?

Wow I can't believe the number of people who don't want it in GT5.
PD would have to remove that horrible/unnecessary/terrible paint chip system before this will ever happen. So my guess is that it never will.

what bothers me is, that you can do a stage 3 wieght reduction, that in real life would leave you with a bare cockpit, with racing seats/wheel etc..but it doesn't show in the game...

alba, you should post a couple of yours, they're superb!

Photos taken by Chromatic9

350Z_GT4_Lucas_002.jpg

350Z_GT4_Lucas_004.jpg

350Z_GT4_Lucas_008.jpg

350Z_GT4_Lucas_005.jpg

350Z_GT4_Lucas_003.jpg

JRR_G37_004.jpg

JRR_G37_001.jpg

JRR_G37_005.jpg

JRR_G37_002.jpg

There you go :)

Wow those cars are awesome looking, Time I stepped in with a kids game that even had a livery creator :sly:. Granted its not exactly in the same vein as its basically a rehash of Mario Kart but you get the general idea, And United Front Games are the worst devs going if they can manage something like this im sure PD can.

ModNationRacers_35.jpg

ModNationRacers_23.jpg

ModNationRacers_13.jpg

ModNationRacers_16-1.jpg

ModNationRacers_29-1.jpg

ModNationRacers_27-1.jpg

ModNationRacers_23-1-1.jpg

ModNationRacers_62-1.jpg

Point proven I think.

The livery editor would be a great marketing move. Some GT players are considering to buy an x360 only for the FM4 one. They wont even bother if they have the same thing in GT.

I just happen to have something I whipped up in Forza 3, before I dropped it. ;)

Unfortunately, I'm not too well schooled in Twitter - I guess I'm an illiterate "Twit" :lol: - but here you go.

350Z48a.jpg

alba, you should post a couple of yours, they're superb!

Wow awesome.

To be hoenest, I think a livery editor is the last thing they sould add.
Focus on tracks and cars first.

I think they wasted time enough allready on horns, race suites and helmets.

On the box it says Driving simulator.
not dress up or painting simulator.

But that is just my opinion.
;)

Yes, in my opinion. As I said online would become diluted, there would be less focus on the beauty of the cars themselves. If I want to go for livery, I'll get a Bentley Speed 8. That was the way the car won the le mans. That's the colours children should remember that car for.
Maybe I just sound crazy, I just think that it could misrepresent the cars and Gran Turismo itself. There's more important things that need to be discussed previous to this being implemented.

LOL, some people will say the most insane things to make Gt5 look better..... Your only saying this because Gt5 doesnt have it. It would only add tot he game nothing more.

ghostrider135
As is what you said, If you have nothing worth saying then really is there any need to say it ?.

I only answered the question in the thread title. Chill

Should the cars be a little more customizable than what we have, sure.
Cars with stripes or decals already should be able to be painted in any combo of chip you have.
Should the customization of MNR be available or necessary as the thread title suggest. Absolutely unnecessary. As i said above.

Some of you absolutely have some designs skills, but you would be in the minority. Sure you see alot of good stuff, especially if you are in a league or something along those lines, but the general population in video games is pretty immature.

Anyhow. Some more customization would be nice, is a full on editor necessary in gt5. No.
My opinion. Wont argue about it.

I can live without it.

Rather I'd want Polyphony spend their time and resources on something else. But who knows it might already be in the works.

It would be really great for online chmapionships, for establishing team identitiy, and also for personalising your cars for online races. The down side is, you could have idiots painting, Penises, hemp logos and swastikas, but i doubt forza has that? I have never played it, and would like to know, if it is possible, or has anyone seen that kond of stuff?

I have only seen obscenity in the Auction House, and it disappears pretty quickly.

Once again, since no one ever seems to see or remember this, Forza does allow you to

DISABLE CUSTOM LIVERIES: yes no

Problem solved, whiners! :D

The world is full of people who use good things in a bad way, what you want to do? You can't stop to do everything because of them.

Maybe this is better, though.

Why not limit function of editor? Pre set design, various sponsor set placement changeable, numbers etc to make realistic race livery.

(Better expecially for a first try by pd)

The world is full of people who use good things in a bad way, what you want to do? You can't stop to do everything because of them.

Maybe this is better, though.

(Better expecially for a first try by pd)

Just like Grid? well that would be better than nothing I suppose

Tenacious D
I have only seen obscenity in the Auction House, and it disappears pretty quickly.

Once again, since no one ever seems to see or remember this, Forza does allow you to

DISABLE CUSTOM LIVERIES: yes no

Problem solved, whiners! :D

Yes, yes, but I be fine with some basic stuff, that would be enough to individualise the cars which is something I would want to see and I really hope PD will never put a Forza style editor in place, I simple dont like it with all those layers, I also very much dislike the report and rating functions, thats just asking for drama.. That goes for the whole way ms handles Live btw. biggest reason i'm not intending to pay for that service again, psn is so much more free and actually feels like a great community. Thats just my opinion tho, but basically I just dont want GT copying Forza, IMO PD should come up with something better, more innovative. 👍
I can already see it ... 50 new paint/vinyl pack, one use only, 2.99$.
-_-

I remember that was one of the best thing in Grid. "Creating" those quick liveries was lot of fun because in about 3 minutes I was ready to go with a good locking livery, and my team mate aslo.

If PD don't want people to paint their cars please, instead of all those useless race gear (I don't even bother collecting anymore, we really have a LOT now) go create some templates ala Race Driver Grid. It's a great idea.

HKS racer
I remember that was one of the best thing in Grid. "Creating" those quick liveries was lot of fun because in about 3 minutes I was ready to go with a good locking livery, and my team mate aslo.

If PD don't want people to paint their cars please, instead of all those useless race gear (I don't even bother collecting anymore, we really have a LOT now) go create some templates ala Race Driver Grid. It's a great idea.

Exactly! 👍

I could live with templates - for now, as long as there was a variety of them to chose from for each car. But just for now. Forza's livery editor is calling to me, and I'm afraid I'm going to be lured away in a while. ;)

I could live with templates - for now, as long as there was a variety of them to chose from for each car. But just for now. Forza's livery editor is calling to me, and I'm afraid I'm going to be lured away in a while. ;)

I disagree, but understand exactly what you mean.

I'd rather have a blank canvas or nothing at all. Having templates isn't really much different than just being able to change your car from one solid color to an other. Every car will still end up looking the same; just different colors.

Templates would be more work for a digital artist. From a programming standpoint, making a program to draw basic shapes in layers isn't difficult, it's certainly much easier than programing a physics engine, for example. That really is all Forza's livery editor is, and it certainly works great.

Caz
I only answered the question in the thread title. Chill

Should the cars be a little more customizable than what we have, sure.
Cars with stripes or decals already should be able to be painted in any combo of chip you have.
Should the customization of MNR be available or necessary as the thread title suggest. Absolutely unnecessary. As i said above.

Some of you absolutely have some designs skills, but you would be in the minority. Sure you see alot of good stuff, especially if you are in a league or something along those lines, but the general population in video games is pretty immature.

Anyhow. Some more customization would be nice, is a full on editor necessary in gt5. No.
My opinion. Wont argue about it.

How is it unnecessary to show that even a two bit developer can make a decent lively creator for a racing game yet its something PD have over looked.

It would be decent if PD allowed livery chips, sort of like the paint chips. For example, when you buy a race car, you get the livery chip for that race car, and that chip can be used on any car that can have its color changed and that car would now have that livery replicated. Imagine having the Jimmy Johnson 48 car livery on a 458 Italia. Its not as good as Forza's editor, but better than what we have now.

Also, the could create some pre made livery chips for us, like a stealth or chrome line chips to be used on any car we want.

Back