If GT5 does incorporate a livery editor...

• Thread starter EJRocky
  • 1,552 comments
well they are concentrating on the game and physics so i expect to see tons of features added to Gran turismo 5 to make it better along the years while Gran turismo 6 is in development ( if it took GT5 6 years of development, who knows how much longer it will take GT6 if it ever comes out for PS3, or is developed to be a launch title for the PS4)

But the problem i see with a livery editor is that, The developers of Forza and all the Xbox fan-boys will no doubt be like "look GT5 has a livery editor, they copied FORZA!!! THEY ARE UNORIGINAL!!!" etc etc. Just like they did with the Wii controller and the Six-axis motion controller! and i can imagine it being with the same with the livery editor.

well they are concentrating on the game and physics so i expect to see tons of features added to Gran turismo 5 to make it better along the years while Gran turismo 6 is in development ( if it took GT5 6 years of development, who knows how much longer it will take GT6 if it ever comes out for PS3, or is developed to be a launch title for the PS4)

But the problem i see with a livery editor is that, The developers of Forza and all the Xbox fan-boys will no doubt be like "look GT5 has a livery editor, they copied FORZA!!! THEY ARE UNORIGINAL!!!" etc etc. Just like they did with the Wii controller and the Six-axis motion controller! and i can imagine it being with the same with the livery editor.

GT has been more about the driving than anything else but they are adding variety to the game by putting other features in like photo mode and the track generator so why not a livery editor?

I doubt there is going to be a livery editor at all, it has been said that it’s not likely. Even if it was all the Forza fan boys can cry and moan as much as they like no one is really copying anyone. It happens all the time in business someone comes up with an idea everyone else eventually will come up with something similar to keep up with its rivals, the motion controller is a good example, it isn't really new at all the technology has been around for years just many people don't know that

^ Agreed.

nascar_racing-3.gif

This game had a livery editor, so it's hardly a valid argument.

I just want numbers and suppliers (A la Tourist Trophy) pick a number, indicate Shell oil, pirelli tyres, etc. So custom cars dont look stock

I just want numbers and suppliers (A la Tourist Trophy) pick a number, indicate Shell oil, pirelli tyres, etc. So custom cars dont look stock

Whats wrong with GTAUTO's selection :P but yeah i honestly hope they allow you to select tire manufacturer and base it off how well the tire preforms in real life. Too much to ask but fingers crossed!

getting back on topic, Its not a hard thing to program i mean a track creator is something like WOW! but a livery editor isnt all that big, even if its selection of sponsors that you get would be good! make the car turned race cars feel authentic

The thing is, Kaz doesn't like "basic". He wants everything to be "perfect".

Course maker is pretty basic, the Forza livery system is perfect, add in uploadable custom textures\images so we dont have to recreate the BMW logo with triangles and circles, and were good to go.

Not too much to ask for now is it..
camp_0910_37+1969_camaro_z28+front_view.jpg

...so we dont have to recreate the BMW logo with triangles and circles...

The BMW logo wouldn't be too hard. Imagine trying to make the Alfa Romeo logo or something like that.

alfa_romeo_logo.jpg

EDIT: Actually I guess the snake would be the only hard part, assuming they gave us a few different fonts. Maserati and Aston Martin might prove to be more of a challenge

The BMW logo wouldn't be too hard. Imagine trying to make the Alfa Romeo logo or something like that.

alfa_romeo_logo.jpg

But Forza had in game vinyls/stickers for most manufacturers in the game available without having to be made by the player,
I would actually prefer that if there was a livery editor that it was kept like Forza, as in you can't upload images,
My reason for this is it means to have a great design, you need to put some effort in,
that said I understand a lot of people don't want to put aside the time to create highly detailed liveries and just wanna stick a pre-made design on the car.

They could do both:

Have the option to make in depth and detailed liveries, and also have some pre-fab ones available for people just looking to change the appearance of their car.

Finally nailing a logo is a great achievement. My latest was the BMW Efficient Dynamics 'ED' that I finished and then scrapped the whole livery because the 908 HDI has a lot of layer glitches and it just looked silly.

jsmenugtauto01.jpg

jsmenugtauto03.jpg

This might be more fitting.

It still isn't a livery editor, and it's unclear if we can only paint portions or do a full "dip", so to speak, but the fact we can paint unique colours on the body (and wheels!) at least points to some variety online. Huzzah!

(And I'm only slightly disappointed people are being encouraged to do things like coat an Audi in McLaren's signature colour ;))

Last edited:
It's a car wash and a paint shop. Judging by the fact that the paint shop only has two options (color and "start painting"), I'd place good money on there not being a livery editor in GT5.

Yes, those white lines on the SLS are supposed to be soap suds.

Much better than nothing. I'm not too worried about the game any more after being used to doing largely my own thing for 3.5 years in the Forza world.

Nice one, PD.

Added the pic with McLaren Orange being named.

It's curious, will we get a colour wheel or simply a selection of colours from other cars? Sorta like the wheel choices in GT4? I'd love to know.

I imagine a large portion of my cars will end up WR Blue Mica if it's pre-made colours :D

An easily selectable way of offering manufacturer colours is good news. Having to use the previous colour system in FM2/3 was a bit of a pain.

The shape of the colour swatch is reminiscent of how they're presented in Vauxhall dealerships here in the UK.

i think i would design a professional race design and hopefully get a group of people together that would be willing to make a team design so that we can take on the world. that's right, the world. :P

Every icon in the picture seems to be self explanatory except for the last one. I have a feeling that might be the livery editor everyone is harping on about.

I fail to see how the last one is difficult to figure out, it looks like a race car and it's with all the other options for performance upgrades. Add to that that it says racing modifications in the text on the left, and it removes all doubt as to what it is. So far, from what is known, there is no livery editor, it's just swirled up soapsuds people mistook for a custom paint job.

670629506.jpg

I think there is a livery editor , Look at the numbers on the side doors , & The CITROEN & PD logo in the front , & The decals on the side skirt , What you think guys . :drool:

I think the last icon will turn a regular car to a GT Tuned car ex: the GT Citroen above. If that's true, I'll be happy without a real livery editor.

Back