If GT5 does incorporate a livery editor...

• Thread starter EJRocky
  • 1,552 comments
No livery editor is alright. I don't need one.

But the idea of putting one in is so good, I wouldn't mind another delay just to add a livery editor.

There, I said it.

God i hope thats not what they consider an R-Tune, it looked like a stock mini with taxi cab decals big bold numbers and a out of place wing. :yuck:

Because that's what the Mini racing cars basicly look like

L-Mini-Cooper-Racing.jpg

MiniCooperS1(Small).jpg
challenge_decals.jpg

GT5 version
gt504-small.jpg

Last edited:
jsmenugtauto01.jpg

This might be more fitting.

It still isn't a livery editor, and it's unclear if we can only paint portions or do a full "dip", so to speak, but the fact we can paint unique colours on the body (and wheels!) at least points to some variety online. Huzzah!

(And I'm only slightly disappointed people are being encouraged to do things like coat an Audi in McLaren's signature colour ;))

That is true but you havent looked at the last icon it shows a car with a numbeer on it like you said it might just mean that you pick whatever number to put on it but it could also mean that it is a livery editor

From what I can see here from this picture yes we can change the colors of the body and wheel. We also seen picture of a car with strips or a tribal strip pattern. I’ll look back in the older news post for that picture later. Though only time will time if we do get an editor or not. Is so I’m doing to designs right off the jump, one of my own designs to see how powerful it is and one of the cars that really pushed me over the edge to the Tuner World.

SkyGTR.jpg

Last edited:
That is true but you havent looked at the last icon it shows a car with a numbeer on it like you said it might just mean that you pick whatever number to put on it but it could also mean that it is a livery editor

Sorry, but no. Read the description in the top left. The last ICON is the RACE MOD icon.

Since GT5 is delayed, I sure wish PD would just be forthcoming of the features and all the glorious details.

No Livery editor? Fine. I won't lose sleep over it, but at least tell me what I can do to the Premium and Standard cars for example.

Maybe we will be able to choose from a few pre-made liveries when we "race-mod" a car ?

I thought of that too, maybe even some premade patterns or templates to be 'coloured in' using Paintshop, at least offering some freedom and creativity.

It's certainly possible; the GTbyCitroen Race Car seemingly is available in all the normal car's colours. So perhaps after race-modding, the paint shop will let us change the "base" colour.

It's certainly possible; the GTbyCitroen Race Car seemingly is available in all the normal car's colours. So perhaps after race-modding, the paint shop will let us change the "base" colour.

But maybe the diversely coloured GT Citroën Racecars is due to the base colour chosen before applying race mod or that car already being available to buy as a racecar in the same colour scheme as the regular version.
What I meant is not just having a premade livery when using race mod where only the base colour can be changed again but the colours of that livery itself ( lines/decals/stripes/entire sections, etc.) could be chosen individually or separately creating endless possibilities ( by contrast obviously or by choosing the same colour as the base colour making selected parts effectively disappear, etc. ) only by using Paintshop and the colours available there.

All I can say is I hope I dont see something like that in GT5 anytime soon, NFS yes but certainly not GT :(

Are you speaking of the Blue R-34 GT-R I posted? If so sorry to disappoint you but GT5P already has something of the same liking. The MINES BNR34 SKIYLINE GT-R which was build by a Tuner Company.

I really hope GT Auto has been given some work. It's nice to see a re-paint option for cars and wheels, but this is very conservative progress, given the time since GT4.

+1... If I wanted a decal Editor, I'd be happy with Forza...

I don't see why it needs to be "Forza does x, and GT does y. If I wanted x I'd buy an X-box and play Forza". It's a great feature - why not include it in GT? They should be aiming to improve on it, not just copy it.

👍 Was about to post exactly this. I think it's quite likely.

Are you speaking of the Blue R-34 GT-R I posted? If so sorry to disappoint you but GT5P already has something of the same liking. The MINES BNR34 SKIYLINE GT-R which was build by a Tuner Company.

But the Mines BNR34 is a time attack car from what I remember, Whereas that blue Skyline looked like something you might see in the Fast And The Furious, No offence

But the Mines BNR34 is a time attack car from what I remember, Whereas that blue Skyline looked like something you might see in the Fast And The Furious, No offense

I can understand that but this Sky Line was build to do time attack when it came to the states 10 years ago.

I was thinking the same thing too. Not just the base color, but stripe colors if it has any, and secondary colors laid over the base.

I sure hope GT5 doesn't have a vinyl editor

I would love to make some street cars to tune up and look like a race car.
But I kind of agree with you because I do not want Metal Gear Solid and Little Big Planet Paint job cars everywhere I go online. I want more Race feel and look.

How about commercial, race, etc stickers livery editor only?

I want my cars to look like this

Mercedes-Benz-S63-AMG-and-the-Mercedes-Benz-300-SEL-6.8-AMG-635x360.jpg

and not like this

car3.jpg

GT5 should be driving sim, not a paint sim.

I think people spend more time in FM3 painting cars rather then racing...

Ok but YOU want it as the first picture and obviously the owner of the third car (second picture) likes it a different way. What I'm saying is if they include the option to customize your rolling paint easel, shouldn't it be for EVERYBODIES needs. I much like yourself like a nicely painted racing design better than alot of the slap on vinyl's that you can buy at most auto part superstores but there are some very impressive examples out there.

Also not all auto fans are racing fans, so naturally there are people in the exact position we are in just flipped around (racing vinyl's are ugly, no soul involved etc.). I want options to make anything that magically beautifies itself in front of my eye's at the tips of my fingers.

Who know's with the open track day feature we could even hold our own auto shows.

Ok but YOU want it as the first picture and obviously the owner of the third car (second picture) likes it a different way. What I'm saying is if they include the option to customize your rolling paint easel, shouldn't it be for EVERYBODIES needs. I much like yourself like a nicely painted racing design better than alot of the slap on vinyl's that you can buy at most auto part superstores but there are some very impressive examples out there.

Also not all auto fans are racing fans, so naturally there are people in the exact position we are in just flipped around (racing vinyl's are ugly, no soul involved etc.). I want options to make anything that magically beautifies itself in front of my eye's at the tips of my fingers.

Who know's with the open track day feature we could even hold our own auto shows.

That is very true as well.

So in the end of the day, GT5 or GT6 should have a full livery editor. Even would be cool to upload pics form HDD to a car.

Yes I would think they should cater to most of the public not just a niche group. I would be happy with just being able to put a number on my car but I know I would much rather create a Marburo(sp.?) paint theme or to make a Dale Sr. inspired paint scheme to teach some NASCAR racers the feeling of intimidation :).

I think people spend more time in FM3 painting cars rather then racing...
Well, is there anything wrong with that? I'd rather they spend that time painting than drifting. :sly:

But seriously, it shouldn't matter how anyone spends their time in any game. I'm actually one of those people who spent most of my Forza time painting and making race cars. Some people prefer drifting or tougeing. Suppose GT6 has not only a full blown livery editor, but a ModNation Racers style track creator, and some of us spend tons of time making race courses. Heck, I'd be all for collecting some well made race tracks.

The thing that's awesome about gaming is that we can all enjoy them in our own way. And if part of that enjoyment is something we can share with the community, even better. 👍

I thought of that too, maybe even some premade patterns or templates to be 'coloured in' using Paintshop, at least offering some freedom and creativity.

That's what you do in Forza.

Look, I have owned all Forza games(and GT) and I can tell you that it's realy fun to make your own looking car. It feels more like your own car then. But it isn't realy a big deal if it's there or not. The main thing IS the racing after all :)

Well, is there anything wrong with that? I'd rather they spend that time painting than drifting. :sly:

But seriously, it shouldn't matter how anyone spends their time in any game. I'm actually one of those people who spent most of my Forza time painting and making race cars. Some people prefer drifting or tougeing. Suppose GT6 has not only a full blown livery editor, but a ModNation Racers style track creator, and some of us spend tons of time making race courses. Heck, I'd be all for collecting some well made race tracks.

The thing that's awesome about gaming is that we can all enjoy them in our own way. And if part of that enjoyment is something we can share with the community, even better. 👍

I fully agree with this, what if people treated GT as the 'real painting simulator' as long as it still remains the 'real driving simulator' too?
If I only wanted to drive the cars in reverse gear all the time that would be my decision too and already possible to do ( not that I do though ;)).

Lots of people here just want to take photos.
If that's their fancy then good luck to em I say.

I would love a livery editor tbh.
After the no cockpit statement this is my second biggest loss.

Back