If GT5 does incorporate a livery editor...

• Thread starter EJRocky
  • 1,552 comments
Doesn't look like there is. That last option does look like the race mod is back, which will add a livery. Hopefully we get a few to choose from this time.

Doesn't look like there is. That last option does look like the race mod is back, which will add a livery. Hopefully we get a few to choose from this time.

The only thing that strikes me as questionable is the white square on the side of the Citroen GT race car, as well as the pre-order stealth cars, the square is left blank which to me indicates being able to put a race number in place.

The only thing that strikes me as questionable is the white square on the side of the Citroen GT race car, as well as the pre-order stealth cars, the square is left blank which to me indicates being able to put a race number in place.

Perhaps there will be like race-modified cars only cups and trophies. Which will automatically assign a number to you, and the AI(or other players.. if online).

Good one dude , it'll be cool tho .

The icons are self explanatory. Car wash, oil change, paint your car, paint your wheels, wheel shop, wings/side skirts/, ?, ? and the last one is racing modification. I have no idea what the two icons before racing modification are.

EDIT: Engine and chassis overhauls are the two icons before racing modification.

Last edited:

Personally I think that might be applied for longer races online, gives people a way to communicate to other drivers if they have a number. Perhaps you'll get to choose your preferred number (mine would be 51) and it'll attempt to give you that number unless it's taken in the lobby, much like EA did with NASCAR titles.

From,
Chris.

Tourist Trophy had the decal number system. It's a lock to be in GT5

tourist_trophy1.jpg

tourist_trophy4.jpg

The icons are self explanatory. Car wash, oil change, paint your car, paint your wheels, wheel shop, wings/side skirts/, ?, ? and the last one is racing modification. I have no idea what the two icons before racing modification are.
:lol:

I imagine those two you don't know are Performance upgrades and Chassis upgrades. They probably simplified things down for those who don't know every nook and cranny of a car. Performance upgrades affect HP and Torque from the engine to the differential, whereas Chassis upgrades affect handling and stability from the springs to the roll cage.

While it made sense in earlier games to give each shop a specialized function for "realism" sake, it really just overly complicated the system.

It's a lock to be in GT5

Lock would imply we've already seen evidence of getting to choose our numbers.

Reasonably, yeah, it's incredibly likely since seeing blank number boxes, but we haven't seen specifically how it's dealt with yet.

At E3 2009 (or was it TGS 2009) there was a tuned Mini in the demos and if I recall it had numbers on the sides or on the windshield.

Not 100% sure but that Mini was tuned and seemed weird at the time...

At E3 2009 (or was it TGS 2009) there was a tuned Mini in the demos and if I recall it had numbers on the sides or on the windshield.

God i hope thats not what they consider an R-Tune, it looked like a stock mini with taxi cab decals big bold numbers and a out of place wing. :yuck:

Did tourist trophy let you choose the number and/or typeface of it?

You could only choose the number, any number apart from number 1 ( and 2 and 3 if I remember correctly) which you had to earn by winning a championship.:)

Don't forget the mystery orange EK Civic Type-R... wonder what happened to it?

ALL I want is a Number.... It makes tuned cars look Legit. I'm guessing if they managed to add wings to the cars in GT4... bumpers and skirts are the next logical step (and remember..it's been in developement for 5 years) If they let me add SIMPLE decals (race stripes for instance) it'd be a massive boost. I've already planned making a tuned RUF, perhaps even a '99 SVT Cobra R and adding numbers. If the RUF becomes the #21 Pirelli RUF... bonus to me and Polyphony!!!

jsmenugtauto03.jpg

This might be more fitting.

It still isn't a livery editor, and it's unclear if we can only paint portions or do a full "dip", so to speak, but the fact we can paint unique colours on the body (and wheels!) at least points to some variety online. Huzzah!

(And I'm only slightly disappointed people are being encouraged to do things like coat an Audi in McLaren's signature colour ;))

This are great news, I would paint all my cars in McLaren's orange, even Ferraris!!

I didn't know there were number and supplier decals in Tourist Trophy. I think the chances of seeing see something similar in GT5 are good.

The chance of a Livery Editor slim to none, but one area that my be overlooked, is in the Race Modifications. PD might give the options to select from three or four premade livery's.

I really like this idea, not as much as a livery editor, but still. Maybe you could pick a pattern of decals/stripes and choose the body color. With just one degree of freedom we could have a very varied grid.

Mod Nation Racers, it a silly karting game, but the ability to modify everything is really impressive. Hopefully this type of cosmetic modification will inspire other game shops to step up their efforts.

As it is, I would love to do Martini Racing livery, then again there is no Porsche in GT5, but a BMW would suffice.

Still, I don't think we're gonna get liveries.

Kaffeine

I'd be really glad to race around in GTPlanet cars painted by RACECAR and hopefully WallRunner can skin every car I own in Kyle Busch's #18 M&M's Toyota!

Back