If you have an Apple product, post in here.

• Thread starter DuckRacer
  • 172 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
20GB third generation iPod classic, 30GB fifth generation iPod classic, and an 8GB second generation iPod Nano.

iPod Classic 160GB.
I like all Apple products. If only they don't make it so damn expensive..... :grumpy: Oh well, you can't complain if their products are as good as their price tag. Nothing is compared to the OS X Leopard. Everything else just looks plain and dull (but i'm not complaing about XP either. Its just that Macs are the way to go... :D)

Awww come on now... Once you give it a try it isn't that bad. The pain goes away after a while...

Awww come on now... Once you give it a try it isn't that bad. The pain goes away after a while...

I'm sure thats what they say about prison too.

iTunes is rubbish in my opinion, and sound quality on an iPod is only okay, its not amazing. And that is with decent headphones.

And whats with making the black model the most expensive? Come on... geez :dunce:

iTunes is rubbish in my opinion, and sound quality on an iPod is only okay, its not amazing. And that is with decent headphones.
If a media player with the most user friendly interface ever with an automatic player synchronization system, compared to a said freeware program that needs a truckload of add-on gadgets to work well and by-hand tweaking to move the music is rubbish, then so be it. Each to his own. It's just that 95% of the iTunes users never spend the ten minutes needed to configure it to their needs, they just decide it's bad. But they happily spend two hours downloading skins, plugins and what not to the "mainstream player".

About the sound quality, which iPod model? My 2nd gen Nano has beaten every single Creative model I've come across with a fair margin. Another thing, the encoding of your music. Nothing is going to make a 128 kbps mp3 sound like CD quality, period. Use 256 kbps files and the iPod gets to show its real quality while the Creatives still sound like true mp3 files.

On the subject of decent headphones, nothing less than Koss or Shure gives the player a sporting chance to show what it's made of. On lower quality headphones the headphones itself might be, for example, correcting a missing low frequency range with their own ridiculous bass boost. Not as uncommon as one might think. Then when the player has a balanced playback, it sounds like crap because the headphones boost the bass to ungodly amounts. And the player is blamed.

I never really cared for iTunes as a media player, although the Zune one isn't any better. I prefer Windows Media Player over any of them.

iPod sound quality is ok, but not the best. iTunes is useless if you have a music collection that's organised, but as a media player it does its job well. Sony's A818 absolutely tramples any iPod (or any other player for that matter, and I own a iRiver H320) and I don't use cheap headphones. One big plus the iPod has is that right now they seem to have the best value for money (80gig for £150!), and third party support is much better. I just wish Sony would release a high capacity player with the SQ of the A818, but since they don't my next player will have to be a 80gig classic.

As for Macs, well I love 'em. I used two G4 PowerBooks (12" and 17") to record and produce an audio play in ProTools and they were fast and reliable. However, I still think that a well maintained PC (even on Vista) will be every bit as reliable as a Mac.

Doesn't surprise me. Apple have been resting on their laurels when it comes to virus protection.

I never really cared for iTunes as a media player, although the Zune one isn't any better. I prefer Windows Media Player over any of them.

Compared to other media players, I wouldn't rate the Zune/WMP system any better than iTunes. Both are buggy, slow, and generally meant for folks who don't necessarily know what they're doing. I don't like them, but I don't mind them.

Can you explain why?

That wasn't intended to be confrontational, btw

'Cos I can just drag and drop my music on my player, and I don't have to worry about iTunes syncing the wrong things. To many first-time users, iTunes is actually quite confusing, which is why my sister prefers to use her phone instead of her iPod.

And let's say Amen to that!

The Koss headphones I've got now are the best 100 bucks I've ever spend on headphones, if not even cheaper...

KSC75's are awesome. But I prefer Audio-Technica, Sennheiser and Shure.

I have the good old Plugs (with aftermarket ear silicons, about $1 per pair) now, plan on getting Porta Pros for a bit different use. Sennheisers and Shures may well be better that Koss products but they're also in an entirely different price class.

Just as an example, Shure earphones' price range begins from $120 and goes on all the way to $400 and beyond. Sennheisers are a bit cheaper, beginning from about $100. Compared to this, the Koss (Spark) Plug is a total winner in the price/quality comparison, costing only $15 but seriously rivalling the others in the sound quality.

It got a bit off topic, I know. Keep on going.

'Cos I can just drag and drop my music on my player, and I don't have to worry about iTunes syncing the wrong things. To many first-time users, iTunes is actually quite confusing, which is why my sister prefers to use her phone instead of her iPod.

Just create a Playlist in iTunes, and tell it to only sync that playlist to the device.

I have a 4th-gen 40GB iPod, which was fine until the disk started playing up. I've recovered it about 30 times using a combination of the Apple recommendations, some percussive maintenance, and absolute obstinacy.

Due to an ordering error (on my part) I'll be getting a 16GB Touch some time towards the end of January. My wife is currently getting to grips with her iPhone.

I got my iPhone today (I'm using it to type this post), and it's awsome. I got used to it very quickly.

I do hope that Apple signed an agreement with a good mobile carrier in the UK. No one in their right mind would switch to AT&T just for the iPhone. I'll admit that I considered it, but their service absolutely blows. Especially the EDGE network...

280px-Apple_Lisa.jpg

one of those^
and one of these:
macintosh.jpg

pretty rare are they

and an iPod or two.

In the studio I run a Mac G4 Dual Processor 1.25ghz for running ProTools. I tried a PC in this capacity, but it kept on crashing. (Thanks Bill G.) What can I say, my Mac is a appliance. I use it for one specific task, make music. For everything else I have my PC's.

Pako not to directly pick on you but a Mac is still a Personal Computer (PC). It's just a computer with a different operating system. We still call Linux based computers, computers.

'Cos I can just drag and drop my music on my player, and I don't have to worry about iTunes syncing the wrong things.

I had d/led a collection of 90's hits and put them on the iPod but last night I had to delete some of them because they were... questionable lets put it that way. Anyway, this was just DELETING songs not editing of any tags. There was about 200 or so songs? Anyway, it took about 2.5 hrs. because after I told itunes I wanted it deleted then itunes had to think about it, find the songs on the ipod, delete them, sort the rest of the songs, rebuild the damn library, and then unfreeze itunes.

Now if we were on a drag and drop player like iRiver not only could I have done it in like 5 min. but I could've used the ctrl and shift keys to select the songs I wanted to delete. After that since I was looking DIRECTLY AT THE FILE it would have instantly deleted with no delay...

Thank you Criapple, iPoo, and iBoons... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back