Immigration

• Thread starter KSaiyu
  • 1,702 comments
...Reading the "news" provided on the link above made me think a bit - about what that German town did. Posting a reminder is all good and dandy and whatever, but why on their website?

It's not like refugees have easy access to devices capable of connecting to internet (unless I'm mistaken). And I presume the message was in German, right?

So it was asking the refugees to learn the native tongue, in native tongue. :odd: Uhm, what?

It's not like refugees have easy access to devices capable of connecting to internet (unless I'm mistaken). And I presume the message was in German, right?

They are very well connected and "advanced" if you will, most of them own a smartphone, which is why in most refugee camps the infrastructure has to be provided in terms of additional power sockets and sources. :)

The translation gives a decent explaination, and a mother is a little unhappy about this, as the son of her friend has to help, exclaiming her disgust about it saying that the politicians and officials should do that on their own and not ask their children to do "the dirty work"

Novcze, just out of curiosity, do you have any secondary, less biased sources?

Google isn't working in Sweden or do your government censor it.

https://www.rt.com/news/318631-lubeck-refugees-schoolchildren-servants/
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/610745/Syrian-refugees-Hardheim-Germany-bizarre-rules-live

... I would sue hell out of that school which took underage kids to potentially infectious space without consent from parents.

btw. meanwhile in Sweden
Rape_rate_per_100%2C000_-_country_comparison_-_United_Nations_2012.png

If you are going to try and push an agenda, it is up to you to provide legitimate sources for it, rather than giving us one biased source and expecting us to do the rest.

btw. meanwhile in Sweden
Not for this thread. Besides, I am pretty sure it has been discussed elsewhere, and is a major function of the way sexual violence is classified and reported in Sweden. Same could be said about a couple of the other 'high' ranking countries in that graph.

Not for this thread. Besides, I am pretty sure it has been discussed elsewhere, and is a major function of the way sexual violence is classified and reported in Sweden. Same could be said about a couple of the other 'high' ranking countries in that graph.

Furthering the tangent just a bit, but Japan is pretty horrible about how they allow rape to be reported and classified, with a lot of cases never being reported and/or swept under the carpet. Though for somewhat different reasons than the Islamic states...

They are very well connected and "advanced" if you will, most of them own a smartphone, which is why in most refugee camps the infrastructure has to be provided in terms of additional power sockets and sources.

...Huh. Didn't know that. I simply can't imagine, for the life of me, that refugees barely clinging on a dinghie with thousand holes holding onto a Galaxy or a iPhone so they can browse internet.

And if not - when did they exchange whatever was in their pockets for euro to "buy" a smartphone? Am I overlooking something here?

...That's so not what I meant - when your house's burning down, I don't really think you'd give a priority to your phone when you could save something of more importance... like your kids. :sly:

But they aren't leaving on seconds notice, they are obviously taking a little bit of time to prepare. If I told you that you had even 5 minutes to get whatever you can carry and never come back, there is a pretty damn good chance that you will throw your phone in your pocket.

But they aren't leaving on seconds notice, they are obviously taking a little bit of time to prepare. If I told you that you had even 5 minutes to get whatever you can carry and never come back, there is a pretty damn good chance that you will throw your phone in your pocket.

...Hey, you haven't seen my ancient phone. I wouldn't take it with me - people will think I'm from 2008!! :lol:

Truthfully, I still think the German town posting on their home website was one... flawed move. And out of hundred thousands hungry, fatigued, agitated refugees the percentage of folks with a connected device with the so-called "air-time" from a local carrier is probably very very low.

https://www.rt.com/news/318631-lubeck-refugees-schoolchildren-servants/
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/610745/Syrian-refugees-Hardheim-Germany-bizarre-rules-live

... I would sue hell out of that school which took underage kids to potentially infectious space without consent from parents.

btw. meanwhile in Sweden
Rape_rate_per_100%2C000_-_country_comparison_-_United_Nations_2012.png

That's cute but it's your job to provide sources. And thanks for doing so.

And some people really love posting this particular statistic. People with a certain agenda who doesn't know how to interpret it that is. :D

And does that make the truth disappear somehow?

It makes it less likely to be true.

Last edited:
...Hey, you haven't seen my ancient phone. I wouldn't take it with me - people will think I'm from 2008!! :lol:

Truthfully, I still think the German town posting on their home website was one... flawed move. And out of hundred thousands hungry, fatigued, agitated refugees the percentage of folks with a connected device with the so-called "air-time" from a local carrier is probably very very low.
Ya think so?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/for-syrian-refugees-smartphones-are-a-lifeline-not-a-toy-1.3221349
image.jpg

26migrants-web2-master675.jpg

Some of those phones are actually newer than mine!!
It's a misconception that all refugees come from impoverished backgrounds. Many of those forced out of Syria are professionals - doctors, teachers, engineers - who had no choice but to flee. Pictures like the above play right into the hands of the conservatives, who like to portray them as economic migrants taking advantage of the war to seek out a better life that they otherwise would not be entitled to.

It's very easy to demonise and dehumanise asylum seekers for political gain:

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-...nt-on-abyan-so-why-bother-with-courts/6875044

It's a misconception that all refugees come from impoverished backgrounds. Many of those forced out of Syria are professionals - doctors, teachers, engineers - who had no choice but to flee.

Absolutely. The common press seems to think that they should all be extremely poor/uneducated. That shows a complete lack of understanding of what's actually happened.

I don't understand why was she called racist for helping the police. She's like a scapegoat used to show off how "tolerant we are".

Why to order the police to try to stop the migrants and then whine on the media how bad and racist it is, is just beyond my understanding.

I don't understand why was she called racist for helping the police. She's like a scapegoat used to show off how "tolerant we are".

Why to order the police to try to stop the migrants and then whine on the media how bad and racist it is, is just beyond my understanding.

Try to be a patriot in the EU and look how quickly people pull the racism card.

Yep. Helping the police kick kids.

It's a misconception that all refugees come from impoverished backgrounds. Many of those forced out of Syria are professionals - doctors, teachers, engineers - who had no choice but to flee. Pictures like the above play right into the hands of the conservatives, who like to portray them as economic migrants taking advantage of the war to seek out a better life that they otherwise would not be entitled to.
'Tis true. Think of all the things you do with your smartphone - given a few minutes notice yes I would stick mine in my pocket (although that is usually where it lives anyway). There are messages and photos on there I would like to keep, especially if I were being uprooted. And being able to connect to the internet to check news, look for housing/work/help/whatever would surely be invaluable.

Speaking of immigration, in an ideal world I would leave this country and move to another. Unfortunately I/we are stuck for now.

And some people really love posting this particular statistic. People with a certain agenda who doesn't know how to interpret it that is. :D

Oh I forgot, Sweden is ruled by feminists, so definition of rape may vary from our understanding ... :)

Back