Immigration

• Thread starter KSaiyu
  • 1,702 comments
Take the graphic about border controls with a dash of salt. Not all of that is new;

Slovakia and Hungary regularly have border controls, or border supervision, regardless of Schengen. I personally have experienced being stopped at the Slovakia/Hungary border on the train at least twice.
The amount of control changes on how sour their diplomatic relations are on that day.
They hate each other because history.

Hungary and Serbia always have tight border controls.
They're not keen on each other because history.

Croatia and Serbia always have border controls.
They hate each other because history.

Central and South Europe always have problems. Their own problems. Inflaming this due to an influx of extraeuropean refugees is misleading and unfair. But that certainly does not excuse or disguise their attempts to not help out.

but that certainly does not excuse or disguise their attempts to not help out.

That is something that bugs the hell out of me.
When times are good, they act all European. But now, Brussel is evil. They too should be punished.

When times are good, they act all European. But now, Brussel is evil. They too should be punished.

Maybe letting post-communist countries far too engrossed in cronyism, corruption and nepotism into the club was a bad idea.

But that's for another thread.

:rolleyes:

Is there any other fighting going on in the Middle East?

They should be grateful that they have a safe place to stay for now. But yet they choose to take their fights with them.
Again, you're making the assumption that the people fleeing sectarian violence are resorting to sectarian violence and not simply squabbling because of their circumstances.

We have problems with our asylum seekers fighting in detention camps - and it's not because of sectarian issues. It's because of the conditions in the camps; abuse from guards, inadequate access to medical care and legal representation, a general lack of information about the progress of their asylum claims, and pressure from the government to return to their homes. Sectarian disputes are the last thing on their minds, and I see no reason to believe otherwise here ... except for "they're Muslims".

Again, you're making the assumption that the people fleeing sectarian violence are resorting to sectarian violence and not simply squabbling because of their circumstances.

We have problems with our asylum seekers fighting in detention camps - and it's not because of sectarian issues. It's because of the conditions in the camps; abuse from guards, inadequate access to medical care and legal representation, a general lack of information about the progress of their asylum claims, and pressure from the government to return to their homes. Sectarian disputes are the last thing on their minds, and I see no reason to believe otherwise here ... except for "they're Muslims".

Except that our immigration systems work somewhat. Stop comparing everything with how Australia handles things. We know your agenda.

I am reporting what the German Police are stating.
They confirm that the fights break out because they don't agree with each other.

You should be a politician, you love to keep that rose tinted glasses on to see only the good in everything, except Australia of course.

Not sure if serious, but if so, this sums it up pretty well in my opinion:

I thought you get it last time, dictate of the power is something straight out of soviet union era.

and strangely enough we had one saying in communist era that fits in today situation ... loose translation: if ideology don't correlate with the facts, then too bad for the facts

Next time, take off your tinted glasses and accept that there are problems being brought along with the refugees.
Problems, certainly, but the way you tell it, it sounds like they came all the way to Europe for the sake of having their own little sectarian flare-up. Surely it has to be acknowledged that the conditions on the journey have been less than ideal - which has been exaggerated by the response from some governments - and the constant uncertainty surrounding their future all act as stressors. Taken individually, these might seem like nothing, but together they are likely to exacerbate any underlying tensions.

It's easy to marginalise the refugees, to portray them as violent and anti-social; if you can quantify them like that, you can dismiss them or defer the problem to someone else. It's ironic that the situation is a "humanitarian problem", but the people directly affected by it are not seen as human.

That's because the refugees who act normal and civilised have no need of being mentioned, apart from that they need help.

That's because the refugees who act normal and civilised have no need of being mentioned, apart from that they need help.
I'm surprised that you think it is possible to "act normal and civilised" under the circumstances as if the mass exodus ftom Syria is normal.

I'm surprised that you think it is possible to "act normal and civilised" under the circumstances as if the mass exodus ftom Syria is normal.

No, they should all behave like ungrateful retards because they receive nothing once they arrive in the wealthy West.

Is it Political Correctness or already censorship about the issue in German media?

Some examples:

"Although the rape took place in June, police kept silent about it for nearly three months, until local media published a story about the crime. According to an editorial comment in the newspaper Westfalen-Blatt, police are refusing to go public about crimes involving refugees and migrants because they do not want to give legitimacy to critics of mass migration."

"On June 5, a 30-year-old Somali asylum seeker called "Ali S" was sentenced to four years and nine months in prison for attempting to rape a 20-year-old woman in Munich. Ali had previously served a seven-year sentence for rape, and had been out of prison for only five months before he attacked again. In an effort to protect the identity of Ali S, a Munich newspaper referred to him by the more politically correct "Joseph T."

Citations from very interesting report by Gatestone Institute.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/6527/migrants-rape-germany

@mr_geez In your examples, would it make any difference if the rapist was a native German citizen? Would or should the German media report the crimes differently if the rapist was 'one of their own'?

@mr_geez In your examples, would it make any difference if the rapist was a native German citizen? Would or should the German media report the crimes differently if the rapist was 'one of their own'?

It is a rhetorical question but I answer it anyway.

Of course there should be no difference in reporting about crimes. That is my point. Unfortunately it is not a case when in second example we have a crime committed by Somalian where he is referred to in media as "Joseph T." (generic German name) and not as , for example, "Darwiish T." (generic Somali name).

I don't like situations where truth has to be "skewed" in favor of Political Correctness due to geopolitical situation.
Considering you're from Slovakia and I'm from Poland, we both should know something about censorship in history of our countries.

Of course there should be no difference in reporting about crimes. That is my point. Unfortunately it is not a case when in second example we have a crime committed by Somalian where he is referred to in media as "Joseph T." (generic German name) and not as , for example, "Darwiish T." (generic Somali name).

Fair point but if the identity of the person who is on trial for rape should remain anonymous, then giving him a non-German name does disclose at least part of his (or her) identity and would feed into the minds of people who are looking for any sort of reason to demonise immigrants.

For all we know he could be a second generation German-Somali and his name could be Mohammad Grosskreutz or Rudolf Ghalny. You just don't know. But let's face it, if you're in Germany and you need to give someone a placeholder name, something like Josef T or Klaus B seems the most likely choice. I don't think there are rules on "well this is his actual name so we should base the fake name around that".

And this is what the courts decide; the court issues a writ stating that the man is only to be referred to as [name]. If there's a problem with that, it's with them and not so much the government directly or PC gone mad.

If you want to really be anonymous, report these people as Mr X or Mr A. I'm sure I've seen that in British newspapers once or twice.

Considering you're from Slovakia and I'm from Poland, we both should know something about censorship in history of our countries.

I'm not actually Slovak, I'm Welsh but you raise a good point. Talking to people here can be an eyeopening experience. And hey, the UK isn't immune from censorship.

I've told you, it's all Putin!
http://uatoday.tv/news/immigration-...-by-russia-czech-defense-minister-511708.html

Minister of Defense of the Czech Republic Martin Stropnicky said Russia could be involved in financing transportation of refugees to the European Union, Radio Praha reported.

Stropnicky said he was told that the buses transporting refugees from the Balkans to Western Europe could be organized by Russia, and added that he had no reason to question that information.
:lol:

Novcze, just out of curiosity, do you have any secondary, less biased sources?
http://www.shz.de/lokales/luebeck/f...iehen-wirbel-um-facebook-post-id10896651.html - Google translated

"On Tuesday we will, as already mentioned at the parents 'evening, Alternative' and then go to the shed F to actively help spot to do something for the refugees in Lübeck (refer beds, sorting clothes, help in the kitchen, etc.) We meet at 8:30 clock on the bridge at the MUK and the student / inside against 13.30 clock be discharged there again. "

For the first link, there are several Italian newspapers listed as sources.

Back