Infamous Tunes * New Garage Name * New Release The R-Evolution *

• Thread starter No_OBsT33R
  • 437 comments
I dunno man. Putting 2 outside wheels in the grass under full throttle whether you use a DS3 or wheel is just wrong. Was off track grip set to real? I try my best to run realistic laps but I guess that's why I end up being slower. I'll put an inside wheel into the grass on a turn, but never the outside wheels under full throttle. This game claims to be a simulator, but that lap just wouldn't happen IRL.

The green run off areas outside the rumble strips at Fuji aren't grass... they are green painted tarmac... so no loss of grip using them.

chuyler1
I dunno man. Putting 2 outside wheels in the grass under full throttle whether you use a DS3 or wheel is just wrong. Was off track grip set to real? I try my best to run realistic laps but I guess that's why I end up being slower. I'll put an inside wheel into the grass on a turn, but never the outside wheels under full throttle. This game claims to be a simulator, but that lap just wouldn't happen IRL.

That was pained green Tarmac not grass (threw me off at first when it was said 3 wheels in the grass too) but still not track.

It's harder to keep it in the lines but more rewarding when you hit the time. My 1:37.6 looks less aggressive then my 1:38 DS3 & wheel.

You can keep it clean and be fast. 1:37.7with a DS3 in a NSX I believe proves it. It can be beat no doubt, but it's still a respectable time.

Last edited:
I hear ya. I went looking for a IRL video but it looks like the track has gone through some changes over the years. One video showed just plain tarmac on the other side of the rumble strip. The F1 drivers were putting tires onto the rumble strip but not on the tarmac on the other side. That's pretty much how i try to take the turn.

You apex very early on turn 1, I'll have to try that and see how it works.

chuyler1
I hear ya. I went looking for a IRL video but it looks like the track has gone through some changes over the years. One video showed just plain tarmac on the other side of the rumble strip. The F1 drivers were putting tires onto the rumble strip but not on the tarmac on the other side. That's pretty much how i try to take the turn.

You apex very early on turn 1, I'll have to try that and see how it works.

It's been through many changes over the years, another great thing about GT4 was you had the option to race the track on some of the older configurations. The 90's version didn't have the last few corners. It was the sweeper up the hill to the last corner and the straight. The older versions the "off track" area was less developed and much dirt was used.

I just got in and will get my GT on..

I decided I should take a day or so to get reunited with the DFGT before I dive into tuning and hot laps. So much more feedback it's great. Control is much improved, the more I drive with it the more I appreciate it.

That was pained green Tarmac not grass (threw me off at first when it was said 3 wheels in the grass too) but still not track.

It's harder to keep it in the lines but more rewarding when you hit the time. My 1:37.6 looks less aggressive then my 1:38 DS3 & wheel.

You can keep it clean and be fast. 1:37.7with a DS3 in a NSX I believe proves it. It can be beat no doubt, but it's still a respectable time.

Hi look , i'm tuning my CSL M3 too, drive like a kart , i'll publish it tomorow, i have to go on the ring to finish it... let's race this week end everybody ??

Check, cleans laps...i've see your replay on tube, better with the wheel .... just acostumate again now.
fujicsl.jpg

I'm down, that will give me a little time to get used to my DFGT & brush up the lap. It wasn't a hot lap, just the first lap after re-applying my tune after helping somebody out with their CSL Tune.

Nice Times BTW.

Slotty, thanks appreciate that coming from a smooth criminal who steals seconds from lap times Fuji wishes it could have back. Sorry Fuji, no time back fo you..

praiano63
Hi look , i'm tuning my CSL M3 too, drive like a kart , i'll publish it tomorow, i have to go on the ring to finish it... let's race this week end everybody ??

Check, cleans laps...i've see your replay on tube, better with the wheel .... just acostumate again now.

Well the game went into double overtime, so I didn't get ant GT in last night, but pops it in today as I have a few hours.

Yeah, a few laps with the wheel & the time starts falling. First lap after a restart I hit 1:37.107 & it kept dropping from there. Still haven't tweaked the Tune, I want to get more used to the wheel before I start messing with them, also to see how capable the Tune is when pushed with a wheel, so far, so good.

Last edited:
I took the X2010 out to the Dream Car Championship, to use it to get reacquainted with the extreme. It was well worth it. At first the car seemed out of control, over responsive. After a few laps I started feeling out the feedback learning my inputs and smoothing out my driving. Great fun and what a car.

Jumped back in the NSX & went back to Fuji with a sick time in mind. I REFUSE to adjust my Tune. I decide I'll do what Slotty did and run her hard for 30 laps, hopefully the A.D.D. won't kick in. I start off in the 1:39's shortly trimmed to 1:38 then 1:37. I was making gains on my Ghost then he would creep past me on one of the last few corners, it's telling me she can do more, I keep pushing, lap count starts nearing 10 and I nail a 1:36 BUT I took 2 turns too wide (Damit) keep going & I hit another 1:36's but not as fast as my ghost (Damit)I keep going. 2 more laps and then I held it together, pushed her like no other, and NAILED 1:36.337 on lap lucky number 13 o_O.

The lap was Smooth BUT on the very edge of disaster. I tried for close to 15 more laps to catch my Ghost but it wasn't happening, I called it into the Pits, and parked the NSX her tires almost on fire & still smelling of the tread lost to Fuji.

I'll have the video up when I can, gonna make it full HD. Until then

c520095b.jpg

My DS3 Times impress me more and more as I get used to my wheel and all it's advantages. It's hard to believe I caught all that flack when I was only using a DS3.

Funny replay, I was driving so hard I must of bumped the windshield wipers button, cause they are going the whole lap, lol.

Last edited:
Got a bit of time after work to another quick go in the NSX.

1'35.766... Not a great lap (very low 35's possible), as the 1st corner is rubbish and I miss a few apex's, but a decent improvement over last time and WRS clean ;) Only difference vs previously tune wise is I lengthened the gearing... the car works best if you change around the red line and running 6th to the limiter was losing speed on the main straight.

Still interested in trying your tune Noobster 👍

Attachments

• GTP_Stotty NSX-R Fuji 1'35.766.zip
    261.8 KB · Views: 16
Stotty
Got a bit of time after work to another quick go in the NSX.

1'35.766... Not a great lap (very low 35's possible), as the 1st corner is rubbish and I miss a few apex's, but a decent improvement over last time and WRS clean ;) Only difference vs previously tune wise is I lengthened the gearing... the car works best if you change around the red line and running 6th to the limiter was losing speed on the main straight.

Still interested in trying your tune Noobster 👍

That's what I'm talking about, I knew you would hit a sick time.

No Prob, I got to try and refine it to the wheel first then will have it posted. Just need to be comfortable driving with it fully, I got nice of Fuji, now I'm sick of Fuji, and need to learn to drive with the wheel on other tracks. I just have no time for fun anymore. At least I got GTP in my pocket wherever I go.

So after a few days of getting reacquainted with the DFGT, I've come to the conclusion that my DS3 tunes use the wheel angles to compensate for a lack of precision input ability and feedback. The Balance of them is incredible but when driven with a wheel the short comings of the wheel angles becomes clear. The wheel provides incredible turning input precision and excellent feedback you just don't get with a DS3.

I will be refining all my published Tunes & future Tunes will all be Tuned using the DFGT.

Cheers! New cars will be posted tonight.

I have a SICK AMG C63, it's a beast and one Hell of a handful, Pro-Drivers only. If there is any interest, I'll post it up, but be warned the car is SERIOUS!!!

Also looking for a Tester. I'll PM pre-released tunes to them for testing to get opinions on where it can be improved before release. They will be able to request Tunes.

Cheers! Keep a look out this evening for UPDATES.

Last edited:
Really nice tune on the 22b bud. Wanted to try it out and finally had the chance to test it and just ran a 1.06:6XX on tgtt. Only thing I did't get was the chassis reinforcement. Keep on keepin on bro!

Not sure if I should start a new thread for this, but seeing as we've been discussing the NSX in here and I haven't checked this on another car yet I'll post here :)

When I 1st started running the NSX on Friday night I didn't have the rear wing fitted. I'd removed it post my last run for aesthetic reasons... I'm not generally a fan of the way the cars look with the rear wings fitted, so I don't usually fit one.

Anyhow, I was running against my previous ghost, and despite no downforce I had no more straight line speed. Not so surprising as GT games don't seem to penalise your speed severely for running a wing.

What was surprising was that the car seemed to have less front end grip... the wing on the NSX should only be adding rear downforce, and the car has 0 front DF with or without the front add on aero. The car should have oversteered more, yet it didn't... it understeered.

More strange goings on with the physics model!

solo_562
Really nice tune on the 22b bud. Wanted to try it out and finally had the chance to test it and just ran a 1.06:6XX on tgtt. Only thing I did't get was the chassis reinforcement. Keep on keepin on bro!

Thanks for checking out my Tune. Glad your liking the Scoobie Deuce Deuce. It will be refined in the near future using my DFGT.

Cheers

Stotty
Not sure if I should start a new thread for this, but seeing as we've been discussing the NSX in here and I haven't checked this on another car yet I'll post here :)

When I 1st started running the NSX on Friday night I didn't have the rear wing fitted. I'd removed it post my last run for aesthetic reasons... I'm not generally a fan of the way the cars look with the rear wings fitted, so I don't usually fit one.

Anyhow, I was running against my previous ghost, and despite no downforce I had no more straight line speed. Not so surprising as GT games don't seem to penalise your speed severely for running a wing.

What was surprising was that the car seemed to have less front end grip... the wing on the NSX should only be adding rear downforce, and the car has 0 front DF with or without the front add on aero. The car should have oversteered more, yet it didn't... it understeered.

More strange goings on with the physics model!

Interesting find. Wing adds grip to the rear, it's having a hard time rotating past the extra grip. Tune the car to oversteer, then manage it with a wing.

The impact the wing has on speed needs to be increased that's for sure. o_O

Update

Sileighty releasing today (soon) First tune done from scratch using the DFGT. If I have a little more time I may finish up the NSX and release it, I'm just waiting on some independent tester results first.

Also the AMG C63 will be released, keep in mind it's a handful.

Last edited:
Nissan Sileighty '98

Available @ The UCD
Make Sure To repair Her

testtb.jpg

Thanks Adrenalin for the Pic!!!!! I cant seem to get them uploaded at original res, working with a lap Top & iPhone.

Adjust the Gears in the following order

Reset/Top Speed/Gears/FD

Tuned on DFGT

NOTE
If you use the rear end for braking, just reverse the brake bias and raise the settings to your preferred feel.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I tried to fix into one pic but added the split pics anyways, let me know if the all in one pic works now.

Thanks RJ for quickly pointing it out.

Enjoy the Tune, Cheers!

let me know if the all in one pic works now.

Hmm, yes it works. But the size depends on how large your monitor is. A guy with a small laptop couldn't read it.

EDIT: Ahh mistake! It's always to small!

dr_slump
Hmm, yes it works. But the size depends on how large your monitor is. A guy with a small laptop couldn't read it.

EDIT: Ahh mistake! It's always to small!

Damn, it would of been easier one pic.

The split pics work though right?

dr_slump
Yes they work.

The all in one pic would work when you save it with a higher resolution.

Thanks for checking that out. My goal with the pics is for easy storage. Save pic, rename, pop in a folder and done.

Back