Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,948 comments
Hi everyone, I created this account because I read the Assetto Corsa section a lot without ever contributing anything, until today when I made some modifications to a Hot Rod that I am already going to share. Greetings from Argentina.
Welcome, what's the weather like over there in Argentina. We have never visited there in our entire lives. I'm Chris, what's your name?

Hello lovely GT community! I am the new guy today. 😃
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
    • Well, I was looking for some GT7 advice, used DuckDuckGo and here I am. 🤓
  • Where are you from?
    • Originally from Hamburg, Germany. Now living and racing in Copenhagen, Denmark.
  • When did you start playing racing games?
    • Literally just about two months ago. 😬
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
    • Haven't gotten there yet, but definitely looking into it. But before I invest in something like the Fanatec set, I mostly need a solution for a rig that can be folded so flat and small that it can fit easily under my bed. I cannot have that kind of thing permanently in my living room... 🙈
  • What other games do you enjoy?
    • I've never really been an avid gamer, tbh. I only got a PS5 because I wanted to play GT7 and buy all the Porsches! But I love the occasional arcade space shooter. And anything with a Star Wars label on it! (Except Lego...)
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
    • It will take me a long time before I can be of any use to anyone else here. There are so many skilled GT'ers around! But I am hoping to get friendly answers to friendly questions. And I will use the forum search a lot! 😅

Hire There.
I am Gilles. I began sim racing with Grand Pris Legend in 1998.
At the same time I began amateur real racing with Peugeot Sport meetings and Hommell cup untill 2002.
I always use rFactor 1 for its large number of Mods, rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa.
Best regards.
Gilles

Hi,

My name is Jacques (Jack for the English speaking).

• Was Googling for GT 7 leagues
  • Where are you from?
    • The Netherlands
    • Yes, The Thrustmaster T-GT II with the T-LCM pedals and a Acelith steering wheel.
    • GT7, GTS and the F1 series from Codemasters (but pretty done with that low quality sims)
    • Competitive, sportsmanship driving and fun!

Hello lovely GT community! I am the new guy today. 😃
    • Well, I was looking for some GT7 advice, used DuckDuckGo and here I am. 🤓
  • Where are you from?
    • Originally from Hamburg, Germany. Now living and racing in Copenhagen, Denmark.
    • Literally just about two months ago. 😬
    • Haven't gotten there yet, but definitely looking into it. But before I invest in something like the Fanatec set, I mostly need a solution for a rig that can be folded so flat and small that it can fit easily under my bed. I cannot have that kind of thing permanently in my living room... 🙈
    • I've never really been an avid gamer, tbh. I only got a PS5 because I wanted to play GT7 and buy all the Porsches! But I love the occasional arcade space shooter. And anything with a Star Wars label on it! (Except Lego...)
    • It will take me a long time before I can be of any use to anyone else here. There are so many skilled GT'ers around! But I am hoping to get friendly answers to friendly questions. And I will use the forum search a lot! 😅
I have also been playing GT7 for a couple of months now (although I'm not new to the series). I decided to buy a used T150 and got it at a cash converters for 89 euro in og box with manuals and everything (like new). For me it makes a world of difference, there's no way I'm going back to controller.

If it helps you... I live with my wife (which sometimes works remote from the same desk I "drive") and a naughty daughter... I have a big, nice metal box from IKEA -that fits in one the shelves in the same room- where I store the complete T150. I race almost every morning at 6am and plug and unplug the wheel and pedals most of the days, it takes 2 min, really. All you need is a solid desk to clamp the wheel, a good chair and maybe something to prevent the pedals from moving, I use something as simple as a yoga round brick me and my wife use for exercise at home. I can take some photos if you like.

I wish you luck in your driving journey!

Hello,

I am a GT7 user on PS5 (with psvr2).

• I know GT Planet since a while but only today I decide to create a forum's account.
  • Where are you from?
    • I am from France.
    • My first racing games was Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP II on Megadrive, but my first "modern" game was GT5 and GT6 on PS3.
    • I try to use my G27 wheel (since GT5) on GT7 (PS5), with Gimx I can use it for 8 minutes.
    • I have play a long time on Destiny 2, but now I have stopped. In flat, I play Diablo II on ps5. In VR, I play multiple games.
    • I hope to exchange a lot of information. I had already browsed the forum when learning about getting telemetry data from GT7.

Last edited:
Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:

Hi I'm Jake
I am from the UK
I have heard about GTPlanet for long time thought I'd finally create an account
Started playing racing games when I was about 13
Never played with a wheel
I sometime play Call of duty however mainly racing games
I hope I can learn some things from being on here about cars and racing games

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, I'm Bini
cheers
    I often stumbled upon the forum when I was looking for aswers for FM7 or now GT7
  • Where are you from?
    German part of Switzerland
    a long time ago, but until last weekend always just on keyboard and then controller
    t300 + t-lcm
    good games! boardgames, poker, a good rpg, tactical shooters or civ. racing: forza, dirt, sometimes even grid legends or nfs
    get some insights about "sim"-arcade racing, tuning setups, tips + tricks, chat with likeminded people

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

Greeting Earthliens

• Where are you from?
By searching google for the best sim racing forums.
Im from Earth :-) more specifically an island in the Mediterranean.
First ever racing game was Mario cart. (very long time ago)
Currently I play on a motion rig, with a simucube steering wheel.
Dirt rally 2, assetto corsa, Forza.
Getting to know everyone. Sharing our progress and helping people build their own motion rigs at affordable prices.

By searching google for the best sim racing forums.
Im from Earth :-) more specifically an island in the Mediterranean.
First ever racing game was Mario cart. (very long time ago)
Currently I play on a motion rig, with a simucube steering wheel.
Dirt rally 2, assetto corsa, Forza.
Getting to know everyone. Sharing our progress and helping people build their own motion rigs at affordable prices.
Welcome, my name is Chris as well, Google is the best searching browser on the planet. I would have never found this site if I hadn't taken a day of time to do searches for Gran Turismo forums and here I am, after 2 years(2021).

• Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlane

• Where are you from?

• I stumbled upon this website while trying to figure out a game mechanic in GT1.
• I'm from the US.
• I started playing racing games when I was like 6 or 7 years old. Gran Turismo 1 was my first racing game.
• I don't use a steering wheel. Too expensive and cheap ones suck.
• I play a lot of games Zelda(all of them. Including the CD-i ones.), Mario, GoW, GT1-7, OSRS, D1-4, Pokémon(like all of them), SSB, KH1-3, WWF No Mercy, etc. I play A LOT of games.
• I'm gonna ask a lot of GT1 questions and hopefully get the chance to answer some questions as well.

Greetings (again) my name is Ralph B. and I am originally from Bay Ridge Brooklyn NYC but now I reside in Poland when I moved here in 2009 because I got a great job at Intel as a network analyst and they needed someone to fill the post who was bilingual and had an American passport so I could travel to and from the states on company business. I started playing Gran Turismo 1 in 1998 when it first hit the streets, I was a teenager around that time so it was the coolest game ever created and I couldn't stop playing it. I have played all the Gran Turismo releases from 1 all the way to 7 and I love most of them, with the exception of Gran Turismo Sport, that was a really bad release in my humble opinion, Polyphony really dropped the ball on that one. Well that's all, and I apologize for the late introduction as I have been posting for some time but I never really got around to introducing myself.

• Where are you from?

Hi there so this is a little introduction from me
-browsing the internet
-Thailand
-around 2019
-nope but i hope i can get a wheel
-F1, simulation games
-I saw there are livery competitions so thats what i want to do the at the moment

• How did you find GTPlanet? Best Gran Turismo information source since i started producing and translating news stories for my local community
  • Where are you from? Estonia
  • When did you start playing racing games? 2013 actively but really first time 1999.
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 ver. and other fancy Fanatec stuff.
  • What other games do you enjoy? Anything racing or simulation/strategy, what are not fantasy based fully.
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Give community here great racing and awareness, what kind of racing estonians do.

Hello everyone from the GTPlanet community! I'm a new member and hope to contribute at some opportunity. Browsing the internet and doing some research, when filtering the records, I found the forum which I was impressed with, as it is well organized!

My first experience with GT was between 97' and 98' onwards, with the PlayStation 1, where I played until Gran Turismo 2. I didn't continue on that occasion, as I didn't purchase the PlayStation 2, returning to play the game only on the PlayStation 3. However, I ended up interrupting the sequence again, skipping the PS4 and consequently the continuity of Gran Turismo to which I returned a few months ago, with the PS5 and I am enjoying Gran Turismo 7! I'm amazed by the game!

• Where are you from?

Hey Jordan

• Looking up tuning set ups online
  • United States
  • Started by playing F-Zero on SNES around 1996
  • No wheel, yet only controller
  • RPGs, FPSs
  • Looking forward to finding good set-up to post better lap times

• Where are you from?

Thanks for your welcome!

• Where are you from?

• I found GTPlanet while looking for racing game info but decided to create an account only today
  • I am from the Czech Republic
  • I played games like Mario Kart when I was in elementary, started playing Forza in 2018 and F1 in 2021
  • I used to play with a Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback but the pedals broke
  • I enjoy various different games :P
  • I look forward to racing game discussions in this community

Yo, what's up? I'm Mictod, male, gen x, single , no kids , him/ her are the only pronouns that I will ever use so if you have 12 pronouns, that's your problem. Sagittarius, and I like to drive my real cars fast also. If there are any PlayStation programmers here for gt7, I would like to request that you put in for my entertainment a 2020 Chrysler Pacifica launch all-wheel drive minivan, that is my current car and it is very fast and I can still put full sheets of plywood in the back with stow and go seating.

How did you find GTPlanet?

I think I was doing a web search for how to customize control settings on a Logitech wheel, Maybe, or a reason that I have recently forgot. okay I just remembered after filling out the other questions, I was wondering why the Mercedes AMG vgt did not have a cockpit view in VR2 and that led me to your site forum for some great information on other cars that did not have cockpit view for VR.

Where are you from?
Orlando Florida USA. But I have done a lot of traveling all around the world and backpacking and consider myself more of a global citizen these days because the United States of America is a war mongering military industrial state that needs a revolution to get these old people out of authoritative offices. The best thing about the United States is the fact that you have to build with the use of building codes, because I've been some places around the globe where they do not have building codes and some of those buildings are pretty scary.

When did you start playing racing games? as a child of the '80s I was always playing the racing games at the video arcades. Then at college at UF the Student Union had a badass almost virtual reality three screen Formula 1 racing game that I would play between classes. And then a few years ago my friend for his child got a racing chair to race Xbox. Now I am all in on PS5 VR2 sitting in a fgt lite.

Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
Logitech g923 + pedals + shifter (can move to right or left depending on car to keep it real.) vr2

What other games do you enjoy? Anything you, or flight Sim combat. I have Sim throttle rudder for the fgtlite also. Ace combat 7 ugh at the moment playing it on vr1 headset.

What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?

Communicating with like-minded race fanatics, learning things very recently like Easter eggs, and also geeking out on fine-tuning cars, I just saw that one guys posts where he has cartoons, or car tunes (I like speech to text on my mobile) available to peruse, new tracks... find some ways to open up secret tracks that are hard to find.

In general better ways to race and tweak cars to dominate the competition. Thank you for this Outlet. Have a great race.

Did I mention secret tracks that are hard to find?

him/ her are the only pronouns that I will ever use
"I" is also a pronoun, and you used it right in the very same clause.
so if you have 12 pronouns, that's your problem
As are "you" and "your". You also used the pronouns "my", "myself", "he", "his", "it", "they" - and "that" as a relative pronoun twice.

Which is, ironically, exactly 12 different pronouns.

Dearest Famine,

As you are the editor and an author, I was expecting you to catch those.

Thank you.

QUOTE="Famine, post: 14098595, member: 9036"]
"I" is also a pronoun, and you used it right in the very same clause.

As are "you" and "your". You also used the pronouns "my", "myself", "he", "his", "it", "they" - and "that" as a relative pronoun twice.

Which is, ironically, exactly 12 different pronouns.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

Hey there! I'm McIrish on GT7. I live in Arizona but I'm from GA originally. I found this site on Google searching for answers on things with GT. I've been out for a while but coming back strong! Some years ago I was doing combat flight Sims but life got busy so I left for a while. I came back about 2 months ago. I hope to meet some interesting people and have some good racing online with y'all.

Hey everyone!

While searching for tuning shortcuts for the new PS5 and GT7.

Where are you from?
Austin, TX

When did you start playing racing games?
Waaay back in the PS2 days. Maybe Gran Turismo 2?

Yes, a Thrustmaster T300 and a home-built cockpit from Ricmotec.

What other games do you enjoy?
Call of Duty was fun. Lots of Strategy games (like the Civilization franchise)

Tuning suggestions and any tips to help me go faster.
Maybe others I can talk to about racing who won't think I'm a geek like most of the other people in my life :-)

Hello Ryans privates,

Are you going to F1 at COTA next month?

mictod

Hey everyone!

While searching for tuning shortcuts for the new PS5 and GT7.

Where are you from?
Austin, TX

When did you start playing racing games?
Waaay back in the PS2 days. Maybe Gran Turismo 2?

Yes, a Thrustmaster T300 and a home-built cockpit from Ricmotec.

What other games do you enjoy?
Call of Duty was fun. Lots of Strategy games (like the Civilization franchise)

Tuning suggestions and any tips to help me go faster.
Maybe others I can talk to about racing who won't think I'm a geek like most of the other people in my life :-)

Hi, i found GT Planet while looking for info for the GT4's GT Mode when i picked it up again after years and decided to emulate it on PCSX2, im from Italy, i started with Gran Turismo 4 as my first PS2 game when i was 6, then played 3, 5 and 7, i am still a controller player but plan to switch to a wheel whenever i can afford a nice rig, mostly hesitating because i think i will suck tremendously, as far as racing games go i enjoy the Burnout series a lot, i enjoyed Forza Motorsport 4 and the Horizon series, Driver San Francisco, most Need For Speeds are fun, i loved Shift 2's vibe. I recently re-played most of the old GTs, except 6, because i can't emulate it well enough and i sold my PS3 a decade ago, this led me to buy a PS5 and GT7 though. Non racing games i play regularly include the various yearly CoDs, Payday 2, the Metal gear saga and GTA Online. I look forward to share my opinions and learn from the community on what seems to be the biggest Gran Turismo community i've seen, mostly i hope to learn how to tune cars in GT7, i dont understand what any of those numbers mean lol

Hi GTPlanet,
  • How did you find GTPlanet? - always been around reading GT forums
  • Where are you from? - Sydney, Australia
  • When did you start playing racing games? - cant remember, its been ages, but the earliest driving game i can remember playing was Outrun at the local arcade, or Test Drive on the commodore 64
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? - yes, Thrustmaster T300RS GT in a cheap unknown brand sim rig
  • What other games do you enjoy? - Street Fighter
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? - GT7 news and info

Last edited:
Hi GTPlanet!

1. Found this when I was browsing for San Andreas records.
  2. From, Rajasthan, India
  3. Playing Racing games since I was 16. No access before.
  4. Nope, only plain old keyboard.
  5. lots of games, mostly RPGs, arcade games and racing games, in that order.
  6. News and info.

• How did you find GTPlanet? A friend
  • Where are you from? America(unfortunately)
  • When did you start playing racing games? Midnight Club(Complete Edition on the PS3, still play it)
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? No, I don't use the steering wheel(Im 14, and can't afford it) I use the PS5 controller
  • What other games do you enjoy? I'm a railfan as well, so I enjoy playing Trainz Sim 3, Train Sim 2, etc
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? I'm looking forward for some racing tips, and to make some friends on this site. It's been a while since I've been around car people.Hoping for the best.

Last edited:
Back