Introduce Yourself! New Member Introductions Thread — Come Say Hello!

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 1,915 comments
Hi everyone! Long time reader, first time "poster" (that's the word?). Sorry for my not great english, I obviously studied it but then I hardly ever use it in my job. The english I currently use is a very "technical" english, basically just the english that has to do with racing! Well not really, I also listen to a lot of music, very often in english.

Apart from that, I follow many categories: F.1 (but in recent years with less interest... and I regret not being able to follow the "golden era" of the championship... unfortunately my memories of F1 start from Imola 1994, which says it all), WEC, GTWC (I was already following it when it was called Blancpain Series), rally raid, MotoGP, Superbike (not only WSBK, also MotoAmerica, British Superbike, etc.).

Regarding racing games, I've played many different titles: the first one I approached the genre with was Gran Turismo, I played all the titles in the series except the Prologue episodes... Then I played GRID Autosport, RIDE (3 and 4, for now), DiRT (1, 2 and 3), Project CARS 2, Dakar Rally, MotoGP... I also played some Forza Motorsport (4, 6 and 7)... And maybe some other titles I'm too forgetting, at this moment.
As my nickname suggests, I'm not (I've never been... I didn't even try!) a "pro" driver, I've never used steering wheels, always and only controllers, also because I'm a bit of a "casual gamer". But I still got many satisfactions (especially with good results in the online multiplayer of GT Sport). Now I'm more oriented towards offline, also because I gave up PlayStation Plus for almost two years (I have less and less free time, that's it too), on the other hand with GT7 I discovered (or rather rediscovered) the passion for car tuning, especially the challenge of preparing road cars to go to compete against proper racing cars.

Anyway, I'm very happy to join this community. I hope it's a pleasant experience!

Last edited:
Welcome to a special thread just for new members! :D

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • How did you find GTPlanet?
  • Where are you from?
  • When did you start playing racing games?
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use?
  • What other games do you enjoy?
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

:gtpflag:
Recommended by a friend
UK based
Played racing games since 1st GT
Use a wheel now, T-GT II
ACC, racing games mainly
Looking forward to hearing about updates, guides and advice to help me improve 😊

This is the best place to make your first post and get comfortable using the site. Here are a few questions we like to ask everyone...
  • Where are you from?
As always, let us know if you need any help finding your way around the site or using your account. Welcome to GTPlanet!

I found GTPlanet by searching for a sollution for my Logitech G29 steering wheel.
My best games are: project cars 2, ACC, GT7.
I started playing racegames when the first project cars game came out made by SimBim.The last years using a playseat with the G29. Every minut of spare time is spent with this hobby.

Hey all, I'm not necessarily a new member, actually quite old.

I had to create a new account because my old account had an email account that has been defunct for many years...

I was "Godson" here and over at the old GTF.

Is there any chance I can merge that old username with my new one?

Anyways, I'm glad to be back.
Yes. Ping either me or @Jordan (or both) a private conversation message; we'll need to confirm some details but it's doable.

• How did you find GTPlanet? I have visited the site since it was created
  • Where are you from? Uk
  • When did you start playing racing games? Commodore 64
  • What other games do you enjoy? Gt, GTA, Last uf us. TEKKEN
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Share my car world. Real life and digital.

Hi, looking for tips for TT in GT7 I think I found GTplanet when googling. From Sweden, played racing games since GT2, but also long periods of not playing at all. Bought a Logitech G923 about 2,5 years ago and recently got VR to play GT7 with. I play all kind of games but mostly on PS5. I'm just looking for some tips and advice as I just started playing online in GT7 even though I've owned the game since it came out. Done 35 online races now, two wins, 15 top fives and now have C/S ranking. High C now so should be able to reach B this week where I think is where maybe I should be. I'm OK at qualifying but the racecraft part is new and I have a lot to learn.

• Where are you from?

Through GT5 and GT6 Mod download
Malaysia
13 I think
No, but planning to get one
Armored core for answer it's fun as hell
Some new updates about Gran Turismo 5 and 6 Mod and probably some interesting news about Gran Turismo series

Hello everyone!
I'm Italian and I've been playing racing games since I was a kid. I have always loved cars.
I've always played with the pad, but with the arrival of Assetto Corsa I bought my first racing wheel (a Thrustmaster).
Other games I love are 2D platformers, and historical RTSs.
I hope to learn from your help to get better at modding NFS: Shift 2.

Thank you and Greetings!

• How did you find GTPlanet? Google search

• Where are you from? Scotland

• When did you start playing racing games? Sega outrun back in the 80's, played Gran Turismo since v1 on ps1 and now playing gt7 on psvr2

• Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? No used to have a logitec g19 but burned it out playing project cars2 on oculus

• What other games do you enjoy? Anything where I get to shoot zombies but lately been playing a lot of horizon forbidden west

• What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Reconnecting with the community. I used to have an account here years ago (gt4/5 era) but when I tried to log in its insisting on sending a confirmation email to an old dead mailbox. So I set up this new one. Hi to anyone that remembers me 🖐️

• Where are you from?

Hey all,
I found this place whilst looking for somewhere to report being unable to enter daily races. Other than here I found no official channel.
I’m in the UK, county of Lincolnshire.
I started playing racing games on ps1 with destruction derby 2 and then the original Gran Tourismo. Loved the rx7 tuned back then.
I use controller so not sure how much that limits progress but I’m older so that may have more affect!
I used to like slaying zombies in COD but that died some years ago for me.
Sharing information on what’s going on really is why I’m here I guess.
Thanks
Rich.

Hello

• How did you find GTPlanet? Searching for setups
  • Where are you from? Belgium
  • When did you start playing racing games? GT1 on playstation 1
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? Yes, recently bought my firts one. Logitech DD
  • What other games do you enjoy? Many
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Inform myself, find people to race/have fun with.

• Where are you from?

Found site suggestion looking for racing help.Started playing when GT7 came out at 65 .Play with Tgt2,LCM,TSS .Have over 1800 hours on gt7 .Now adding PS vr2 after reading gt plant informative review

Thanks

• Google, though I don't remember what I was looking for...
  • Where are you from?
    • Washington State, USA
    • Depending on what counts. If Ivan Stewart Off Road on the NES counts then... however long ago that was. First GT game was GT3, and have played off and on various games until now with GT7
    • Currently a G923, hoping to upgrade soon
    • Mostly Mario stuff.
    • Mostly just looking for tips for various races and challenges, maybe some racing leagues at some point.

Google

Leeuwarden Netherlands
  • How did you find GTPlanet? I have visited the site since it was created
  • Where are you from? Uk
  • When did you start playing racing games? Commodore 64
  • What other games do you enjoy? Gt, GTA, Last uf us. TEKKEN
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? Share my car world. Real life and digital.

Steering wheel t300 gt/f1

Recently got back in after not playing in between gt5 and now.
Started with GT 3, but really committed to it during the golden era of de ps2 with Gran Turismo 4, with the super fancy and brand new dualshock 2 controller that was an extension of the hands for a full on realtime 6,9 or even 24h race. THAT was and still is the Pinnacle of racing/sim games. Back then the 1hour races like the Spa "endurance" in GT7 were a mere warm up for the real races😢🤣.

I also play ACC, F1 23, pc2, Heat 5, Fifa23, rdr2 (yes, cant get enough of it).

Looking forward to hear about what others think of, well everything whats considered racing

I google the daily races every Monday and always end up here. Wanted to start joining the conversation.
I'm from Michigan - USA
Something around the NES/SNES/PS1 days...
No I only play with the PS5 controller. Would like to try a wheel, but I'm getting pretty good with the controller honestly.
Not playing any other console games currently. Rare trip into Fortnite with my kids. Did Forza Horizon for a while.
Joining conversations, learning and making connections.

• Where are you from?

Searching for a GT7 forum
GB
Controller!
Did play horizon games for a few years.
As always Information

Hi im Alberto (Rev Streak) im from spain,ive joined gt planet because while looking for some racing game inforamtion i always end here, it seems like a pretty chill forum so recently i decided to join, to learn and share my knowledge about cars racing/driving games, and their engineering, ive always have been a fan of cars, and since a early age the most accesible way i could drive cars was videogames ive played a lot of them, ive used to have a steering wheel (a thurst) but this week it broke, so for the time being i dont have a racing wheel however if my economical position allows me im looking forward to buy a moza, maybe an r9 maybe an r12 still comparing hehe, the first videogame ive ever played was gran turismo 4, since then im a bit of a fanboy of gran turismo, my favourite one being gt5, however i also play many other racing games: forza, need for speed, asseto corsa..., recently i started to play enthusia, i also like shooters, flying simulators, and good story games. :D

• Where are you from?

Hello! I'm Senryushi.

1. I think I first heard about the site from the YouTuber SuperGT, but I'm not really sure when I actually started visiting the site. I usually read the articles whenever I have time.
2. I'm from the UK!
3. I first started on GT5 around 2014. It's still my favourite racing game to date.
4. I don't play with a steering wheel :( I used to use a Logitech Driving Force wheel, but now I just play GT Sport with a DualShock controller.
5. Not much, I used to play Pokemon and a bit of Minecraft, but the Gran Turismo games have always been my bread and butter.
6. I'm looking forward to finding out how others play GT Sport. Oh! and learning about the game and cars from everyone too :)

Looking forward to diving in!!

Welcome
Found site suggestion looking for racing help.Started playing when GT7 came out at 65 .Play with Tgt2,LCM,TSS .Have over 1800 hours on gt7 .Now adding PS vr2 after reading gt plant informative review

Thanks
Hi @Not too old,
Check out the “GT7 GEEZER CLUB”. We race every We night USA time in relaxed friendly atmosphere. Welcome to the community!

Last edited:

• Where are you from?

google to help me with moding the cars on the function tab
USA
Long ago
Just controler
any racing shooter rpg and much more even retro games
learning more bout the gt5 garage and maybe fixing cod mw3 ps3 and more also informations

Top of the mornin' to ya fellas!
  • Where are you from?

- I found GTPLanet while searching for tuning advice. I've been wanting to learn how to take full advantage of a cars performance capability without having to revert back to ramping up the PP to do so.

-I'm from TX - USA

-I started playing GT in 97' when it first released. It's where I fell in love with sim racing, the Mitsubishi 3000GT and the Acura (Honda) NSX. I still have memory of racing the hunter green 3000GT in the game and that's where my love for racing games began.

-I use a Logitech G923 with full pedals and shifter.

-In between Playstation (during the Halo crave) I inherited an xbox; I loved playing Forza Motorsports and PGA golf games.

-I'm looking to understand and educate myself on tuning practices and methods. Identify which mechanics would be optimum to implement based off a cars performance. I want to get to a point where I can upgrade a car and notice where it's performance is lacking, and then be able to go in and tweak it that results in a positive outcome.

-Lazo

• Where are you from?

Hello y'all...

• Found GTPlanet looking up what other country's liveries for the GR Yaris free car.
  • I'm originally from Las Vegas, USA but now live in Chicago
  • Oh man, I'm old... But I do remember the first racing game I ever played was an arcade cabinet of "Spyhunter" back in the late 80's
  • I do not have a wheel but I am very interested in dipping my toe into more casual simracing setups
  • I like 4x strategy games the best (Civ and Crusader Kings are classics)
  • It's been (checks watch) a decade or more since I really got into Gran Turismo so I'd appreciate some tip on how to get better and eventually turn off most driver assists.

Hello

I'm a new member (from France) : I have been reading the Assetto Corsa forum for quite a long time and find a lot of interesting information there (modding technique, mods). Tnganks to contributors! I myself create rally tracks for Assetto Corsa. My tracks are available on RaceDepartment and racingfr.

Last edited:
My tracks are available on RaceDepartment and racingfr.
Why not make them available here too? We have a mod hosting service that's free to use and from which people can download without (unlike other sites) being required to register.

• Where are you from?

Hi everyone

I found GTPlanet by searching the internet for GT7 recommendations
I'm from Rome, Italy
I started playing racing games with GT1 on PS1
I play with the joypad
I love all Metal Gear Solids
I would like to find (and give) useful advice and maybe find friends to add in the game
I take the opportunity to ask if there is already a thread that talks about GT7 collector points

• Where are you from?

I learned about GTPlanet from FB. I Live in the Continent of the United States. I first started playing racing game in it appeared on the Microsoft DreamCast system. I use the Fanatec GT Pro. 8nm wheel set with the Fanatec Club Sport Pedals V.3. I enjoy all racing games. My favorite at the moment is playing GT7. I'm looking for information on how to be the best at what I enjoy racing. And also looking for Info in Tuning Cars in GT7. Looking for other racers who I can communicate with.

Hello :)
  • How did you find GTPlanet? : While searching for a Taiko no Tatsujin itasha livery lol I came here to contact the guy
  • Where are you from? : Belgium
  • When did you start playing racing games? : Since 2007-2008, I started with Mario Kart Wii, and then became a simracer in 2016 with Assetto Corsa
  • Do you play with a steering wheel? If so, what kind do you use? : I used to do it, I had a T300RS, with a T3PA-Pro, and TH8A shifter with a TrackIR sensor
  • What other games do you enjoy? : Taiko no Tatsujin, Spyro, Pokémon...
  • What are you most looking forward to doing in the community? : Good question haha I came just to talk to one guy :P

Back