iRacing Paint Schemes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 1,723 comments
Wow, nice work guys. I am going to have a look at making custom skins. These are fantastic.

Cheers guys for comments, I have started another skin for the V8's this time monster energy gimme a few days to complete

Posted this in the Caddy Cup thread but...

Here's a link to the Caddy paint template for all you budding artists! :)

http://www.tradingpaints.com/page/Resources

Wow! So much simpler than their latest ones! Thank you iRacing! Thank you! Painting this car is gonna be a breeze! Pretty nice new feature, the exhaust trail looks awesome and we can now change the color of our pit tent! Pretty nice, also seeing some new shadow textures on the Caddy livery... Looking like we might be getting metallic textures on this car, can't wait!!

Here are a couple of my paint jobs from the last couple seasons. I've been running couple of these for a while now so changing up all my paint schemes for the season coming up.

This is the HPD scheme I have been running since mid season or so. I got it off the iracing forums. No way I could paint anything close to that good lol.

iRacingSim2012-02-0501-37-02-62.jpg

Here's my Cadillac CTS-VR scheme for our CTS-VR league here on the forums.

madspeedcadillacpng.png

Here is my truck and cup car than I ran in the RCRL league & official races for a couple seasons.

iRacingSim2012-01-2523-06-21-84.jpg

iRacingSim2012-01-2523-06-54-72.jpg

iRacingSim2012-01-1623-24-37-16.jpg

Here is a shot of the scheme I ran for the last few races I ran in the RCRL league. It's our team paint job with one of my team mates behind me.

iRacingSim2012-03-0322-53-19-21.jpg

iRacingSim2012-03-0322-53-55-53.jpg

A shot of a last lap at Daytona in a league race. I somehow made it through all that chaos without a scratch and finished 6th! :) I went completely under the front of the 50 car lol. Notice the car flying in the air in the background.

iRacingSim2012-03-0322-51-01-18.jpg

Just one final shot of my cup car. In this race at Phoenix I qualified on pole and finished 4th. My only pole and my best cup finish in the RCRL league out of running there a full season and 1 half season in cup. At one point they broadcasted all the cup races live in HD and had cash payout for top 3 in points. The league had a VERY strong field at one point with 25-35 drivers showing up each week. We had top pro/dwc driver Nick Ottinger and also real nascar truck series driver Cale Gale race with us for awhile along with multiple others with 3000+ iratings.

iRacingSim2012-03-0422-40-10-10.jpg

Some great shots and nice liveries there Mad! 👍

Thanks man! I didn't do any of the paint work. I don't have the skills so can't take the credit. I can do a good job of tearing them up sometimes though :lol: Madspeed is our real life race team/crew and the star logo is our team logo. The onlinesimracing.com is/was the main site for my PS3 SBK league. I have since reset it back to a basic template cause I want to start over and make it more of a sim racing blog/news site.

Sorry I don't have a iRacing account but just wondering. Do you actually create these paint schemes yourselves and use them while racing?

MadRR that's a really awesome post

Thanks man! I got a couple other cars painted up like the late model and nationwide b class car, but didn't have any screen shots of them. I got my buddy finishing up my schemes for next season. Got the CTS-VR I posted above, also got a suit, helmet, late model(already done just got to get the tga file from him), a class cup car, and hpd on the way. I'll be sure to post them up once I get them all from him.

This kinda came to me off the top of my head but is it possible to take a paint chip sample color image off the internet and apply it to an iRacing custom scheme, because I was thinking about doing an FR500S in Acapulco Blue (sorry if I misspelled that). I just don't think it would turn out right

This kinda came to me off the top of my head but is it possible to take a paint chip sample color image off the internet and apply it to an iRacing custom scheme, because I was thinking about doing an FR500S in Acapulco Blue (sorry if I misspelled that). I just don't think it would turn out right

You can do it, but there's gonna be some quaity loss and the end result might not be what you're looking for...

It would be just a simple gloss finish as iRacing does not support that type of metallic texture. However if you look in the forums you will find user made metallic textures for a lot of the cars!

I got a couple of my paint jobs for next season from the painter tonight. I got my late model, class a cup car and my driver suit. The suit is just the first as he is going to do another one for me as well. Just got to get my HPD and my helmet now and I should be all good for next season.

Late Model:
iRacingSim2012-04-1622-18-25-63.jpg

iRacingSim2012-04-1622-18-53-97.jpg

Cup Car:
iRacingSim2012-04-1622-22-16-52.jpg

iRacingSim2012-04-1622-24-18-66.jpg

Driver/Crew Suit
iRacingSim2012-04-1622-22-37-15.jpg

Thanks guys. Yeah the pit crew and driver suits are pretty sweet. Your crew has the same suit as the driver. It work's the same way as car schemes do. Just upload it to trading paints.

Back