iRacing Paint Schemes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 1,723 comments
Depends on how well I know the template. If I've painted on it for quite abit, About two hours at most. If its something different though, maybe half a day.

Hi guys

Recently started iracing and really enjoying the MX5's at the moment.
I'm trying to create a simple skin for me and a friend to use. It's a simple racing stripe at the moment running off centre over the bonnet etc but I'm really struggling to line it up as I goes from the boot to the rear bumper. Does anybody have any tips to help me out.

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering if there is anyway you can run iRacing in Windowed mode. Maybe it would help alot with trying to line things up like it did for me with rFactor and C.A.R.S.

I tried reading the custom paint guide but it was difficult for me to understand the file placement stuff, Is it anything like downloading and installing planes in Flight sim x?

And what program do you use? The best photo editing software I have is Photoshop elements 8

And what program do you use? The best photo editing software I have is Photoshop elements

I myself use Photoshop CS5. Started out with Elements (Can't remember which one) and about two years ago upgraded, partially because at the time I got into a Graphics design class that required it.

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering if there is anyway you can run iRacing in Windowed mode. Maybe it would help alot with trying to line things up like it did for me with rFactor and C.A.R.S.

Yep, you can. Start the sim and the option is in the "Graphics" tab, at the top I think. (Sorry, not in front of my sim PC at the moment) :)

Took a shot at the JRM HPD:

JRM_HPD2.jpg

Very nice examples here been trying myself but its a disaster lol
I run an MX5 in iracing and would love one in the Dutch Heineken Brand colors and decals togheter with some orange tints
Is there anyone who could help me a little on the way ?

14584281.png

54166530.png

89991186.png

71207000.png

just my newest skin. their is not a lot of real estate to be creative on this car. i finally gave in and bought Talladega so i can race more restricter races in Carburetor Cup. but i am waiting till the new season schedule comes out to buy oval tracks and cars to get up to B at least to race the Nationwide and IRL.

Last edited:
Jav
I believe he is the frame doctor...

SO CLOSE!. I am the Frame Doctors son. its just kinda fun to have your own car and sponsor. im sure anyone can attest that you love your crudely painted car much more than a professionally done one!

Means a lot when you guys say you like my little livery's! besides having high res logos makes everything SO EASY to manipulate.

After a few attempts I have finally finished my Mazda MX5 design, Monster Energy drinks and DC Shoes inspired.

88577-1.jpg

88577-2.jpg

Nice! You should take it to the Centripetal Circuit and max out your graphics settings to get some nice and shiny pictures! I like it!

Jav
Nice! You should take it to the Centripetal Circuit and max out your graphics settings to get some nice and shiny pictures! I like it!

the real benefit even more is that centripetal loads up in about 30 seconds.

Back