iRacing Paint Schemes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 1,723 comments
Ok. latest product of my boredom:
Monster_Impala.jpg

Lol!! I've had it for quite some time now... I've done a few of the Carburator Cup races and had some fun with it, but just can't bring myself to move up license class...

Let me hold that skin or the spa one :dopey:

If not i think I'ma roll with that yellow porche one u sent me awhile back for a few races

I'll send them your way tomorrow! First gotta get rid of those Motul decals and do something else, kind of dumb on my part to have 2 different Oil companies fighting in there!

I finally think Im done with my HPD. its taken me a long time to be satisfied with this thing, its hard to paint!

17168139.jpg

18572684.jpg

50753555.jpg

71754628.jpg

That HPD looks awesome! Very nice work! The livery and your logos flow so well together! Love it!

Jav
I'll send them your way tomorrow! First gotta get rid of those Motul decals and do something else, kind of dumb on my part to have 2 different Oil companies fighting in there!

Ah! That's fine. Good catch lol. Can't wait :dopey:

I finally think Im done with my HPD. its taken me a long time to be satisfied with this thing, its hard to paint!

17168139.jpg

18572684.jpg

50753555.jpg

71754628.jpg

I love that skin too!!!! Good work 👍

Nice liveries guys, I'd love to start making my own, but Iracing's instructions on how to go about doing that are so complicated.. :P

Looks very clean but I am wondering if the black conflicts with the other lighter colors a little? Still looks like a very nice skin yo. That would be my only criticism

Your skin seems to have quite a bit more black colors than the real life counterpart tho behind the tires? In the photo, it seems the black colors are on the top fender. But on your skin, the black colors are also behind the tires to form a sort of triangle shape.

It's a tough call, the body shape of the Aston martin LMP1 car is slightly different which allows them to do a little bit more along the side walls:

http://www.planetlemans.com/2011/03/02/aston-martin-racing-launches-new-amr-one/

Tough call!

470_aston_race_front34_final.jpg

470_aston_race_lowProfile_final.jpg

470_aston_race_rear34_final.jpg

Maybe if you added a little more blue colors in the front section. That way it would have less black in the front section. Hard to say? I just wonder how it would look if you removed the Sparco logo and put a little blue in there. But i know its a pain cause of the way the HPD skin is laid out

Yeah, it's the lifted nose on the AMR that gives room for all the blue, on the HPD you only get the side of the nose wich really isn't enough to create enough contrast... the bodies are just too different to create an exact copy, this one will probably go to my folder and remain there with all the unused skins.

That skin still looks good tho man. I would just give it like a 95/100 rather than some of your other skins like the SPA one I'd give a 100/100.

Heck I'd use that skin

Question: DO any of you guys do paints for Nascar Racing 2003 Season I'm looking at doing a WEC/ALMS/ELMS car set using the GTP mod for the game.. contact via PM if interested. And amazing paints on show here, loving that Gulf HPD. 👍

Jav
GTP Mod? I think you are mistaking iRacing with some other game... rFactor perhaps?

He's not reffering to iRacing having a mod, he's asking if anyone here does skins for NR2003.

Also a general question, how long on average does it take you to get a car looking that good? An hour? Two or three? More?

probably a good 10 hours. takes about 2 hours to really figure out where everything else. about 2-3 hours to paint it a good about of the way. then a good 6-7 hours to really fine tune it and cover every spot.

probably a good 10 hours. takes about 2 hours to really figure out where everything else. about 2-3 hours to paint it a good about of the way. then a good 6-7 hours to really fine tune it and cover every spot.

What kind of graphics package? I have GIMP but it is limited, though I have just got myself a trial of Photoshop CS5...

I'm using Gimp too, it takes me anywhere from 1 to 3 hours depending on how complex the design is... Anywhere more than that and I'd just quit and call it a day! Also keep in mind that I've done quite a few of this and have a good feel for the template, for someone doing their first skin it can take quite a lot of time to get used to working with a template.

Back