IRS Blancpain Intercontinental GT Challenge: Season 2 | Saturdays 8:30p EST | 2.4H Finale at Spa!!

I understand what you said sir but still confused. 2 drivers got inserted into PRO class in front of me. That shifts me down. I would have been 7th if they were still in AM class but now I'm 9th. How does that constitute me not losing the position I earned?
You're talking about overall positions. We're talking about individual race finishes. Those will not change. You still earned all the points you deserve.

I understand what you said sir but still confused. 2 drivers got inserted into PRO class in front of me. That shifts me down. I would have been 7th if they were still in AM class but now I'm 9th. How does that constitute me not losing the position I earned?
I see what you are saying. Yeah I was talking about race positions, but you were talking about driver standings, my mistake. Obviously if we adjusted the points based on where the drivers would have finished, then there is a change you may lose a spot in the overall standings, it'd be foolish to think otherwise. Unless of course everyone was anticipating the drivers switching getting 0 points...

I figured I earned 7th place overall in a lobby full of aliens and now 2 drivers that never raced with us are in front of me.

What's the point of not losing your earned racing positions if you lose your overall standings position?

I have a lot of respect for the 2 drivers that are now PRO and they may very well beat me but how is it fair for them to jump me in the standings with not having raced with us?

Edit- I see your latest reply. I understand it's a tough situation but penalizing the PRO class is tough.

I figured I earned 7th place overall in a lobby full of aliens and now 2 drivers that never raced with us are in front of me.

What's the point of not losing your earned racing positions if you lose your overall standings position?

I have a lot of respect for the 2 drivers that are now PRO and they may very well beat me but how is it fair for them to jump me in the standings with not having raced with us?
Because they were faster than you in the race overall. Just beat them next time and everything will settle down nicely.

Edit- I see your latest reply. I understand it's a tough situation but penalizing the PRO class is tough.
They deserve to be where they are now, because of how well they preformed in the Am lobby. With adjusted points being discussed, I cannot believe that it's just now an issue. Although it's never an issue until it is you know.

You're comparing times against AM drivers and PRO drivers as an equal comparison? Yikes, ok.
Why are you bringing this up now when you knew all along what was going to happen? If you want to discuss this further please take it to a PM. We know how you feel. Let's please move on to other things in the thread.

I'll have a confirmation post up shortly.

They deserve to be where they are now, because of how well they preformed in the Am lobby. With adjusted points being discussed, I cannot believe that it's just now an issue. Although it's never an issue until it is you know.
It became an issue today when I went to check the standings and 2 drivers that have never raced with us are in front of me. So I brought it up?

It became an issue today when I went to check the standings and 2 drivers that have never raced with us are in front of me. So I brought it up?
But you knew there was a chance of that happening. I repeat ace's statement:

You're comparing times against AM drivers and PRO drivers as an equal comparison? Yikes, ok.
Yeah here's the real kicker. There's some real fast guys in Am and some not so fast guys in Pro. Comparing times is not an out of this world idea.

I respectfully disagree. They don't DESERVE to be placed in front of anyone that participated in all races of PRO class. From their AM performance they DESERVE to be placed in PRO class. It's just very unfair how this played out and I didn't imagine you would come up with this solution as close to fair.

That being said, it's your series and I have to accept other drivers being tossed in PRO division and jumping drivers.

Thanks for hearing me out at least.

I respectfully disagree. They don't DESERVE to be placed in front of anyone that participated in all races of PRO class. From their AM performance they DESERVE to be placed in PRO class. It's just very unfair how this played out and I didn't imagine you would come up with this solution as close to fair.

That being said, it's your series and I have to accept other drivers being tossed in PRO division and jumping drivers.

Thanks for hearing me out at least.
Fair enough, we don't have to agree on everything. We've never done something like this before though and through discussions we though that this was the best way to go about it.

As long as you keep racing we're all happy. That goes for everybody :cheers:

I know I'm not the best at running a series, and it's all been new territory for me. This is only the fourth time I've run something. 86 Racing Series, Blancpain Season 1, Renault Sport Trophy Season 1, and now this. We're working out the kinks, little by little.

how is it fair for them to jump me in the standings with not having raced with us?
Multi-lobby/class racing on GTS does that quite often. VRR THEC had that whenever it was going on where Am class cars were beating quite a few Pro guys week in and week out. The same thing goes for ARL since they usually have 2/3 lobbies for their races and calculate overall results.

For what it’s worth, Caligula is a pretty fast racer, having raced him in ARL.

Besides that, there are still 5 races to go. Plenty of time for a recovery effort.

Last edited:
Three more posts until a TOPP and I'll put the confirmation up there so it's easy to spot when viewing the thread.

Back