Israel, who really owns it?

• Thread starter Delirious
  • 154 comments
The Jews weren't there first, I'm pretty sure there were people there before that since the Mesopotmia region is said to be the "craddle of civilzation"...although that can be disputed.

Old Testament history tells me that "Canannites" dwelled in the land at that time before the Jews came into the land.

So in all technicality, the Jews weren't first...but just because you were in the land when the world began...does that mean you still own it if you get booted out? (e.g. Indians to Americans)

I believe the land belong to T-Rex. No, bacteria were there first. Lava isn't alive, is it? Bomb the lava.

speedy_samurai
"if we choose to combat radical Arab nationalism and to hold the Persian Gulf oil by force if necessary, a logical corollary would be to support Israel as the only strong pro-West power left in the Near East."

-memorandum for National Security Council; Robert Olson, Middle East Policy 9
My wild guess wasn't too far off, eh? :D

speedy_samurai
We also should keep in mind that the U.S. has also supported Israel many times by using its veto power in the UN where security council resolutions were broached with the aim to curb Israeli military violence.
Interesting.......... I guess this is the kind of stuff that makes some nations uneasy towards U.S.

YSSMAN
My opinion: It is a tough call to make, and being an American, well, youre almost obligated to support the Israelis (UK too, since it is YOUR FAULT for creating Israel [lol])...

I'm an American; and I feel no obligation whatsoever to support Israel.

The only reason why the US [initially] supported Israel (and Zionism for that matter) was to absolve themselves of guilt for having closed off our borders to Jewish refugees during the Holocaust. <<< It wasn't intentional, though... immigration laws were restrictive in general... but they didn't bother bending the rules so-to-speak for the refugees.

Either way, that's no reason to support terrorists.

MrktMkr1986
I'm an American; and I feel no obligation whatsoever to support Israel.

The only reason why the US [initially] supported Israel (and Zionism for that matter) was to absolve themselves of guilt for having closed off our borders to Jewish refugees during the Holocaust. <<< It wasn't intentional, though... immigration laws were restrictive in general... but they didn't bother bending the rules so-to-speak for the refugees.

Either way, that's no reason to support terrorists.

I fully agree, people constantly say "poor Israel, they are the target of terrorism" but they are asking for it by returning the military-ish actions. I say they are both at fault and the US should not support either side.

I said it in the attacking Iran thread and I'll say it here, a good deal of the terrorism in the US is sprung from us supporting Israel, this doesn't sit well with the Muslim countries.

I dont see the point of it either. i mean, doesnt religion teach NOT to blow **** up? and BUCK FUSH (sorry if that counts as 'attempting to bypass the swear filter', scaff and if it is you can edit it right?) i think the US has no right AT ALL to invade Iraq.
on the other hand... CARLOS MENCIA ROCKS!!!!!!!:D

its their fault like blazerx said, let em kill each other if they want.

Wow that was the biggest uninformed, idiotic, a hugely slanted post I've ever seen. You give liberals a bad name.

It's not Bush's fault for Israel, and we did not invade Iraq

hey im 12 years old should i understand this stuff?
all i kno is i h8 bush.
and i know that its his fault for iraq not israel
anyway let em blow themselves up, helping never works. not with me, not with anyone else. let them find out themselves theyll remember better.

and dont call me idiotic *****! i get enough of that at school, at home, and on the street!

If you don't understand it you shouldn't be trying to talk about it. You hate bush because MTV tells you to or whatever.

It's not Bush's fault for Iraq, it's his administration that gave bad information's fault for things not going quite right. Still we took out an evil man, which is good.

Uh..? What?

We went to war with them, invading would mean we were taking over the land. We are not taking over Iraq despite what liberal wackos say.

fuse kicks mtvs ass
and i hate the bush administration too

what evil man? :?

we are taking over iraq. just like we took over texas, the us, and the rest of the western hemisphere.

You still aren't old enough to fully understand the government. You realize that a lot had to go a certian way in order for us to declare war on Iraq right? Bush didn't just wake up one morning and say "I'm going to blow up Iraq". Bush isn't a bad president despite what most people think, he's by no means the best, but his not the anti-christ.

Rogue Ssv
hey im 12 years old should i understand this stuff?
all i kno is i h8 bush.
and i know that its his fault for iraq not israel
anyway let em blow themselves up, helping never works. not with me, not with anyone else. let them find out themselves theyll remember better.

and dont call me idiotic *****! i get enough of that at school, at home, and on the street!

Next time, use capitals, dont use internet slang (h8), and dont try to get around the language filter. The User Agreement was there for a reason and you obviously didnt read it.

Anyways - I think US is involved in too many things. I can name you so many at once - Iraq, Israel, North Korea, Japan, Canada (softwood lumber), Cuba and Im sure there are many more.

BlazinXtreme
I fully agree, people constantly say "poor Israel, they are the target of terrorism" but they are asking for it by returning the military-ish actions. I say they are both at fault and the US should not support either side.

If you get the opportunity to, read up on things like "Deir Yassin" and how the Zionists "acquired" land from the Palestinian Muslims... it puts an entirely new perspective on the situation.

I said it in the attacking Iran thread and I'll say it here, a good deal of the terrorism in the US is sprung from us supporting Israel, this doesn't sit well with the Muslim countries.

And for good reason... we should NOT be supporting them. At least not their military.

i wasnt trying to get around it. but sorry

despite that (i think) unfair judgement, i agree, their involved in too many things.
what are they doing in japan?

i know that bush is trying and he means well, but youve got to admit hes done some stupid things. and im not talking about that photoshopped picture of him reading my pet goat upside down.

and stop thinking kids are idiots. although i may not know that much about government, i know that being president isnt all powerful, and that it has to go thru a lot of red tape to get to a descision. but thats what im saying, i think cheney and the rest of them are idiots too.

i also know at least as many car makes and models as you.

by the way how do you quote?

I know about the Six Day War from history and I always thought it was kinda a good way to piss the Muslim community off. We give them land in an area they aren't entitled to nor liked and they go off and invade half a country and gobbel up the land. I never agreed with that.

And you are 100% we should not support them...but according to some memeber saying Jews and Israel are a good chunk of why we are terrorized is anti-semetic.

what are they doing in japan?

We have a huge force of Marines in Japan ready for deployment. I'm pretty sure Japan trying to dominate the world in the 40's had something to do with that.

i know that bush is trying and he means well, but youve got to admit hes done some stupid things. and im not talking about that photoshopped picture of him reading my pet goat upside down.

Every president has their downfalls, Clinton let bin Ladin get away, screwed up in Somilia, and really messed up the Kosovo conflict. No one is perfect.

BlazinXtreme
We have a huge force of Marines in Japan ready for deployment. I'm pretty sure Japan trying to dominate the world in the 40's had something to do with that.

The Japanese aggression in the WWII is the cause. The marines are there to supposedly to prevent similar things to happen again (militaryism taking over, is spelling right?) But I think now the main reason why they are there is to prevent South Korea, North Korea and China from becoming too much of a superpower, especially China. US presence always helps, but is troublesome too.

Edit: Rogue you are still not using capitals! Keep doing this, wait until the mods come in.

BlazinXtreme
I know about the Six Day War from history and I always thought it was kinda a good way to piss the Muslim community off. We give them land in an area they aren't entitled to nor liked and they go off and invade half a country and gobbel up the land. I never agreed with that.

What I was talking about dates at least 2 decades before the Six Day War.

And you are 100% we should not support them...but according to some memeber saying Jews and Israel are a good chunk of why we are terrorized is anti-semetic.

Just because one disagrees with how certain people react to certain situations doesn't mean that they "hate" that particular group.

They are there because we owned the Japanese in WWII and it seemed like a logical place to put forces after the war. They are just still there today to protect the American intrest in the far east, mostly from North Korea, but they came in handy during Nam. Someone who know more can fill in and fix this statement.

What I was talking about dates at least 2 decades before the Six Day War.

The Six Day War is all I really know about.

Just because one disagrees with how certain people react to certain situations doesn't mean that they "hate" that particular group.

I don't hate Jewish people, although I do think they do cause quite a few hardships for the US in the world realm.

GT4_Rule
The Japanese aggression in the WWII is the cause. The marines are there to supposedly to prevent similar things to happen again (militaryism taking over, is spelling right?) But I think now the main reason why they are there is to prevent South Korea, North Korea and China from becoming too much of a superpower, especially China. US presence always helps, but is troublesome too.

Interesting note about American forces in Japan. The US has moved from a base here in Kanagawa and now that they don't need the land they are trying to sell it back to the government for 40 billion yen! Yes, they are selling the Japanese their own land.

speedy_samurai
Interesting note about American forces in Japan. The US has moved from a base here in Kanagawa and now that they don't need the land they are trying to sell it back to the government for 40 billion yen! Yes, they are selling the Japanese their own land.

Thats the most retarded piece of Japanese news I have ever heard.

Theyre probably just trying to grab as much money as possible, that explains it all.

speedy_samurai

We probably bought the land off the Japanese for you know, the price of rebuilding part of the country after we showed them the hand of god by the force of "the bomb".

Oh I have to use capitals too? Damn I like this place and really DONT wanna get banned, but so many @#$@ rules!

Well obviously I dont belong here and no one cares about me or thinks I know anything worth caring about. Sorry for interrupting you growed-ups' conversation. Ill go shine your shoes now.

BlazinXtreme
We probably bought the land off the Japanese for you know, the price of rebuilding part of the country after we showed them the hand of god by the force of "the bomb".

Yeah, the "bomb"......:indiff: Not to take this off-topic but I dont think it was necessary.....Hiroshima and Nagasaki was basically like a lab animal for testing the new bomb :guilty:

Rogue, yeah there are many rules, but thats the way this forum is so we have to follow it :) at least now you are using capitals

OK well sorry and thanks GT4, I didnt see that in the first post. I wish it was automatic like Word. Then again things are too easy now. And yeah, Japan got screwed over by the bomb. It blew up three times as much as we had hoped, but hey, at least it stopped the war. If I had to blow up someone, I'd try to kill the least people possible, and test the bomb first. Especially if it was some revolutionary thing involving the seperation of highly unstable and powerful atoms..

PS if youre behind me, are you a ghost? Hmm... now im scared...

And are we really selling Japan its own land? Cause thats just mean.

Japan got what they deserve, they attacked America with no reason, and basically we showed them and the world not to screw with the US. However the only downside was the Cold War of course, well somewhat of a downside. Without the Cold War, technology wouldn't be where it is today. War does bring developement.

But to relate all of this and stay on topic, the Cold War had a lot to do with the reason for the middle east and their sever messed up ways in every sense of the word.

(I think) the Cold War was stupid. It was like a diss battle-thrown threats but nothing done to enact or stop them.

BTW how do you make new posts show without having to leave and re enter the thread?

True, the war bringing development part.

Please tell me about new posts without leaving

BlazinXtreme
Japan got what they deserve, they attacked America with no reason, and basically we showed them and the world not to screw with the US. However the only downside was the Cold War of course, well somewhat of a downside. Without the Cold War, technology wouldn't be where it is today. War does bring developement.

But to relate all of this and stay on topic, the Cold War had a lot to do with the reason for the middle east and their sever messed up ways in every sense of the word.

I agree on the war brings development part, had it not been for WWII we wont have radar, sonar, night vision, a-bomb :guilty:, advanced plane designs along with others.

Just felt like saying this: Japan did not attack US for no reason, it goes back to the Japan-China war. US stopped exports (sanctions) to Japan because they didnt like what Japan was doing in China; but as a result Japan went even furthur into China in search of resources, and that totally P.Oed the Americans.

But lets stay on the topic :)

Back