Israel, who really owns it?

• Thread starter Delirious
  • 154 comments
MrktMkr1986
I'm an American; and I feel no obligation whatsoever to support Israel.

The only reason why the US [initially] supported Israel (and Zionism for that matter) was to absolve themselves of guilt for having closed off our borders to Jewish refugees during the Holocaust. <<< It wasn't intentional, though... immigration laws were restrictive in general... but they didn't bother bending the rules so-to-speak for the refugees.

Either way, that's no reason to support terrorists.

Good thing the Israelis aren't terrorists huh?

some of them are.

on a totally unrelated topic, did you hear about Moussauoui and his life sentence? And will someone start a thread on that or can I hijack this one?

Light-gathering organs, located at the front of your head. Use them.

Out of interest, do you think it's wise to use the word "hijack" when referring to a thread about a 9/11 terrorist?

Good point on hijack.
But what do you mean by 'use them'?!
I am, and tho I was just a 12 year old idiot when I started posting here, I and apparently GT4rule think that Ive made some good posts!
Im starting to really dislike you, Famine.:grumpy:

You don't like Famine? The guys a freaking walking encloypedia of knowledge.

Rogue Ssv
Good point on hijack.
I am, and tho I was just a 12 year old idiot when I started posting here, I and apparently GT4rule think that Ive made some good posts!

Relax rogue. Famine's right, that thread was there for a day or so. So just use your eyes and have a look around. You are making some decent posts so don't go blowing it by getting upset because Famine asked you to search or read a thread so that you don't repeat things that have already been said:)

BlazinXtreme
You don't like Famine? The guys a freaking walking encloypedia of knowledge.

That's exactly why I DON'T like him. :lol:

Rogue Ssv
He means use the light-gathering organs on the front of your head (your eyes, in other words) to see that there is already an open thread on the Moussaui verdict.

Instead of disliking Famine for pointing out your errors, why not consider your behaviour and whether it is up to par or not?

Only "starting"? Jesus, get with the programme... :D

(and there was a link embedded in the "Use them", so it was the most useful part of my post)

Oh Famine everyone loves you...in the most hetrosexual way a man can love another man...or something to that affect.

uh.... What??

Ive only been here a week so I havent really talked to you yet, which is why Im only starting to dislike you. ;)

OK Famine now I love you for your excellent videos of hybrid gt3 cars... I want a m-b sedan that runs rings around an f1 car! I gotta get me one of those 33k hp bouncy civics :D
sigh if only i had a game and knew how to do that

Rogue Ssv
OK Famine now I love you for your excellent videos of hybrid gt3 cars... I want a m-b sedan that runs rings around an f1 car! I gotta get me one of those 33k hp bouncy civics :D
sigh if only i had a game and knew how to do that

OK, now lets keep this thread on track instead of it derailing about OT stuff.

@BX :lol:

Anyways....err....where did we leave off the Israel vs. Palestine discussion?

hehe oops
Um, last I had any useful input we were talking about what the bloody hell the UN was thinking, stealing the Arab's sacred land to put people they hate on it.

Rogue Ssv
hehe oops
Um, last I had any useful input we were talking about what the bloody hell the UN was thinking, stealing the Arab's sacred land to put people they hate on it.

Oh yeah.

Well, I dont think the Arabs hated Jews that much then. Maybe a little, but not much. But then all the sudden Jews come knocking on their door with UN standing behind them, demanding that they get lost or die, that put a lot of hatred into Arabs and Muslim in general. The war mentioned a while ago, fought within few years of Israel's development made things worse. The Arabs lost, and the Palestines lost their land.

This issue is really complicated but I say that they should just split the modern Israel into two equal portions, and see how it goes. Because if both claim the land, then we need compromise.

Here ..go learn something then come back..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionism

If you want to understand israel you first must understand the Zionist movement .
Google Zionism ...tons of crap pro and con

http://www.mideastweb.org/briefhistory.htm

somewhat balanced

And if your really into learning and debating...welll here ya go

http://www.eretzyisroel.org/~jkatz/

You can get Palestinian veiws

http://www.usd.edu/erp/Palestine/history.htm meh...

http://www.arab.net/palestine/index.html

This only scratches the surface...lots of hate and conflict going back thousands of years...way before the crusades..before we made a colony or " Protectorate " after stealing it from the Ottoman empire..who stole it from the Arabs ...Who stole it from whomever ..who stole it back from the crusaders ..who stole it from the people who took it after the romans stole it from the Jews and the other tribes that lived in the area.

So good friggin question ...WHO does " own it " ???

Better question would be ..who the heck wants it .

Erm, I know the history on Israel......thats why I explained it to Rogue. I was just suggesting the split because, right now, that is better than any other solutions that we can see. They both intend on fighting each other until one of them give up or wipes out. I do know that it is a really complicated claims to the land.

I see no other solution than the simple one.
both sides aggree to live together on the same land they allways managed to live on before things got complicated. israel must continue giving back occupied territory and palestinians must stop blowing themselves up with a busload of jews every couple days ...they must compromise and learn to live side by side.

Problem is you have those on both sides that leave NO room for compromise only death . and the UN today couldnt find its own butt with both hands...they are less than worthless . And who will force them to do the right thing on both sides ?

Anyone have the gonads ????

So we watch the news . and a Bus blows up one day and a helicopter blows up a buch of Palestinians the next day ad nauseum .

What?! I explained it to you! I had to look it up on Google! Well you knew about the UN and the basics, but I clarified it and made it specific!

Um forgive me for double posting because no one else here is posting at all, but GT4Rule (who isnt here to read this), they cant really divide it into 2 equal parts, because the one city of erm... is it Jerusalem?
I think it is anyway, both religions consider that city as holy, and wont leave it. Thats the real problem.

ledheds right, the idiots should learn to live in peace like they once did, or else there wont BE any idiots living in anything, if they keep killing each other off. Compromise yeah.
Whatre gonads?

ledhed
I see no other solution than the simple one.
both sides aggree to live together on the same land they allways managed to live on before things got complicated. israel must continue giving back occupied territory and palestinians must stop blowing themselves up with a busload of jews every couple days ...they must compromise and learn to live side by side.
I agree. It's hard to choose favorites when they are just taking turns blowing each other up. I think we need more guys like these, instead of terrorists and soldiers.
gandhi.gif
john_lennon_ansigt.jpg

Rogue Ssv
What?! I explained it to you! I had to look it up on Google! Well you knew about the UN and the basics, but I clarified it and made it specific!

I didn't know juvenile over-excitement would start to flow from the GT4 boards to the opinions section.

At some point in adolescence, comes new urges, that you never experienced before.

Trust me, it's imperative to learn to control and deal with those urges in a safe way.

That one, in particular:
untitled15xo.jpg

Rogue Ssv
Oh, now you post. Guys like who, ledhed or suicide bombers?
Are you talking to me? I just got home man, what do you want from me? Anyways, obviously you aren't seeing the pics that I posted of Gandhi and John Lennon. :)

I see 2 solutions: let em learn from killing each other, or (preferably) they should live in peace. Or the UN can just steal the land and screw them both.

They were both murdered. and in that area would last maybe 20 minutes preacing non-violence to a culture that worships it and revels in it . They use violence as a system of politics...compromise means they have run out of people to kill . Its just the way they are wired..and the majority do not want peace on acceptable terms to the other or just want to kill all of the other period.

This is a very hard part of the world for someone brought up with Western values ...nevermind Christian values to comprehend . Think Hitler youth on the Palestinian side from cradle to the grave taught to hate jews and fight to recover the land...How do you suddenly unidoctrinate generations of people who know nothing but " I must kill the Jews and take back my homeland ' ? . The Jews think they are protecting themselves from genocide..and given history WHO can blame them ?? Really ..its not like every Arab country didnt all get toghether a few times to try to wipe them off the map now is it ?

so you cant say they are paranoid .

Back