January Car of the Month - Skyline GT-R (R33)!! - Join in the Fun!!

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec (R33) '97

Cité des arts et des sciences (nuit)_3.jpg
+​
For this one I change my approach to make the tune and strip out all the weight.
As @Bowtie-muscle said
The extra weight could cause entry difficulties
and also give unpredictable and annoying move with a important mass transfer. I work it on Apricot Hill seasonal (best lap 1 30' 040”) also on Tsukuba (best lap 0 59' 636) Bran Hatch GP (best lap 1 33' 930)

Setup

500PP
Power 382 Hp
Torque 493 Nm
Weight 1 232 Kg
Weight Distribution 54:46
Tires Sport soft
Wheel Size: Standard

Car details

Change Oil - Improve Body Rigidity
Suspension Kit: Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension / Racing Brake Kit / Fully-Customizable Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential / Torque-Distributing Center Differential / Triple-Plate Clutch Kit / Carbon Fiber Driveshaft / Transmission: Fully-Customizable Transmission
Power limiter : 98.8% / Engine: Standard / Sports ECU / Intake Tuning / Turbo Kits: None
Weight Reduction:
Stage 3 / Carbon Hood/ Window Weight Reduction

F / R
Ride height 96 / 100
Spring Rate 5.50 / 5.30
Damper Compression 5 / 4
Damper Extension 3 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars 5 / 6
Camber Angle 1.1 / 0.8
Toe Angle -0.02 / .0.08
Brake Balance 5 / 5

LSD
Initial Torque 8 / 10
Acceleration Sensitivity 21 /24
Braking Sensitivity 15 / 10
Torque Distribution 36:64

Wings / Ballast
Down-force 0 / 40
Ballast Position 0
Ballast Weight 000 kg

Last edited:
Skyline GT-R V-Spec(R33) '97 500pp (SH-SS), by @Bowtie-muscle Review:

16007743050_084de74e41_z.jpg

GT Metallic 003-C
Ray's 57Xtreme

Missing - "Front Aero Type A"... ;)

Intermediate Level Alpricot NRC Seasonal Winner! 👍

Tested on Sports Hard..

Really fun to drive! Easy win on the seasonal. Great stability and grip (SH) combined with supreme cornering agility and a good top speed. For a relative heavy car it has an awesome agility, I loved how I could throw the car in the corners and easy it was to keep the apex...

Excellent gearbox/gears ratios, keeps the car on the right revs... No understeer/oversteer verified, amazing mid-corner acceleration and braking stability...

But, be aware of hard braking, it does hurt the car. The wheels may lock sometimes, making the car loose the apex and go straight while your turning the wheels... Still only present on really heavy braking moments...

Overall:

Another 500PP great machine from Mr.B! And in a gorgeous blue tone! :P

👍

------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Nismo 400R '96 525PP SS by @Bowtie-muscle Review:

1.jpg
IB License Tuned Car Festival (650PP) Alpricot Race Winner! 👍

Why not 2 reviews... Now the Nismo... Great to drive, a bit faster then the original version, lighter and powerfull, but equally fun!

Superb agility and cornering ability, very competitive and balanced. Just noticed on fast cornering a small, very small kind of understeer, almost insignificante, but noticed mostly on mid-corner acceleration.

The gearbox, as usual, greatly built and responsive. The High Turbo fits perfectly the car, no lag noticed and does give that extra kick on leaving corners and put the power on the ground.

Overall:

Awesome car to battle with other tuners or to put some supercars in their places. Surely a Nismo! Another great job Mr.B! 👍

:)

Last edited:
mgo

For this one I change my approach to make the tune and strip out all the weight.
As @Bowtie-muscle said

and also give unpredictable and annoying move with a important mass transfer. I work it on Apricot Hill seasonal (best lap 1 30' 040”) also on Tsukuba (best lap 0 59' 636) Bran Hatch GP (best lap 1 33' 930)

Setup

500PP
Power 382 Hp
Torque 493 Nm
Weight 1 232 Kg
Tires Sport soft

Car details

Suspension Kit: Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension / Racing Brake Kit / Fully-Customizable Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential / Torque-Distributing Center Differential / Triple-Plate Clutch Kit / Carbon Fiber Driveshaft / Transmission: Fully-Customizable Transmission
Power limiter : 98.8% / Engine: Standard / Sports ECU / Turbo Kits: None
Weight Reduction:

F / R
Ride height 96 / 100
Spring Rate 5.50 / 58.30
Damper Compression 5 / 4
Damper Extension 3 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars 5 / 6
Camber Angle 1.1 / 0.08
Toe Angle -0.02 / .0.08
Brake Balance 5 / 5

LSD
Initial Torque 8 / 10

Wings / Ballast
Down-force 0 / 40
Ballast Position 0
Ballast Weight 000 kg
This looks good:tup:, I will give it a try and a review when I get the time to.

Please do not take my review the wrong way, your tune was good and as I said, impressive considering the weight. Was only trying to say that I would be curious to try one of your tunes on a diet, not that there was anything wrong with the one you posted. It did mean that too hot into the corner, the extra weight could(COULD!) cause issues if you were not prepared for it. But that is with any heavy car, check out the Chevelle I did in my garage, it was not a criticism.

Have a few others I would like to test also, @TurnLeft and @Rush471 since I have yet to really test one of their tunes. Most of the other tuners I have tested in various other FITT Challenges. Still have time before the month is over, so hopefully not to long before I can get to them.

Bowtie-muscle
Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R33) '97 500PP
Picture 2-1.png

Here we go, new year, new month, new cars. There will only be one challenge for this month, but, let’s add a little X factor. The reviewed tuner & the critic will have their times added up, the winner will be the best combined time, you can’t substitute me for a better driver, so sorry for some of you.

SUICIDAL TENDENCIES

transportation-death-automobiles-car-highway-lemming-22530150_low.jpg

RULES & REGULATIONS
ONLY valid laps should be counted, luckily there are quite a few places here you slide off the road without being disqualified, but it may not be the fastest way around the track.

TRACK: Nurbugring GP/D

Car Setup

Sports Hard tires for all cars.
Tuned as the reviewed car.

Drivers Option
Driving Line: Optional
Blind Spot Indicator: you’ll definitely need this.
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM) : OFF
ABS: 0 of course.
Skid Recovery Force: 0

Course Settings
Time: 23:50
Time Progression: 1
Weather at Race Start: 100%
Weather Changeability: 0
Surface Water at Race Start: 100%
Grip Reduction: Real

ok, so here we go, my time was 2:09.788 , good luck dude and do be careful it is a tad slippery out there.
In case of emergency
23_28_124.gif
12_7_28.gif

Last edited:
Skyline GT-R V * spec (R33) ’97 500PP / SH

View attachment 288359 View attachment 288360 View attachment 288361
Body Color: Metallic -Silver Metallic Graphite
Wheels: Standard - ENKEI RPF1
Wheels Color: Solid - Nero tenebre
Caliper Color: Solid - Flame Red

and I tested it on the races:
Super - Ascari with SS, pit stop 1/2 way, won twice easily.
Super - Willow Springs with SS, pit 1/2 way, won once because the MacDo F1 and the Spaghetti Hyena weren't there,came in second and third on two other occasions because of those two mentioned.
National A - Gornergrat League with SH, all 3 tracks, easy win all the way.

Power: 380HP
Weight: 1232kg
F/R Dist.: 54:46

Suspension - Custom
Ride Height: 93 / 97
Spring Rate: 5.85 / 6.49
Dmp.Cmp. 3 / 3
Dmp.Ext. 3 / 3
A.R.B.: 4 / 3
Camber: 0.0 / 0.0
Toe Angle: -0.13 / 0.60

Brakes - Racing
Balance 3 / 8

Drivetrain - Custom Adjustable
Initial Torque: 7 / 5
Accel. Sens.: 10 / 5
Braking Sens.: 20 / 20

Clutch & Flywheel : Triple Plate
Drive Shaft: Carbon Drive Shaft

Torque-Distributing Center Differential
30:70

Power Limiter: 98.1
Computer: Sports
Exhaust: Semi-Racing
Ex.Manifold: Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports

Body
Downforce: 0 / 30
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Transmission : Custom Adjustable
Max Speed 260kmh or 162mph, that's it.

Hi,

The color and shape of your car are very nice great job.👍
I try your tune with wheel and controller (I'm no good at it). I test it on Apricot seasonal witch is my track for setting GT-R R33 for now (abs1 no other helps). I felt like the front is losing grip when I exit a corner and turn strong to get the next one beside that the car is perfect. It could happen because I was pushing the car to it's limits :crazy:. On the other hand I had good driving with controller ;) and as I say I'm no good at it.

mgo
mgo
Hi,

The color and shape of your car are very nice great job.👍
I try your tune with wheel and controller (I'm no good at it). I test it on Apricot seasonal witch is my track for setting GT-R R33 for now (abs1 no other helps). I felt like the front is losing grip when I exit a corner and turn strong to get the next one beside that the car is perfect. It could happen because I was pushing the car to it's limits :crazy:. On the other hand I had good driving with controller ;) and as I say I'm no good at it.

Well thank you monsieur :bowdown:, well yes the front end might be a little grip free :D, I like a floating feel on my tunes, it gives me an impression of speed though I don't know if that's what is really happening. I use and tune with a DS3 controller to tune and I'll usually try it on different types of tracks, I'll use either Tsukuba, Silverstone Int or Nat., Rome, SSR5, SSR5 Clubman and for even type roads. For more demanding type roads I'll use Willow Springs, Matterhorn (any of the 3), Deep Forest, Trial Mountain & and Mount Panomara. For close turn ins and agility I'll go to Willow Springs ( both), Autumn Ring, London, Matterhorn Short and Ascari. I find this this tuning really doesn't work well with Autumn Ring, I think that the french expression would be " ca vaut pas de la m.....", but it's a blast on the uneven roads like Deep Forest. As for perfect, I thank you for the compliment and greatly appreciate it but I find & know the power upgrades are not the best suited for this, mainly because I did not take the time to try most combinations. Also the transmission I'm not happy with, I tried the flip method and another method but found nothing that satisfied me, this could also be due to the power parts, so I basically used the stock setup and lowered the max speed. For the MSLD, I'm 2/3 happy, initial and accel. are to my liking but the decel I didn't find something that made me go 'wow' so I left it stock. Last the suspension, I don't think that I would want more grip to the front but there's a lot of headroom for improvements here, I used an 11% difference in the F/R spring rates, but only tried two others, also the dampers were put back to their original state because I could not find something that satisfied me, and I'm not going to talk about camber because my lawyer forbids me :odd:. Merci beaucoup pour ton temps (thank you very much for your time):cheers:

TurnLeft, what track are we to run the "suicidal tendencies" torture.....*cough*......I mean challenge? Or is it up to the tuner?
I'm don't want to copy "I'm sorry again",
36_1_3.gif
, I really don't know where my head is these days:banghead:, the track is Nurbugring GP/D, I used your way of braking, using the 'R' button, also I drove it manual, I never went lower than 3rd gear, and I'm pretty sure I was almost always on 4th or higher. It helps a lot for the spin off when accelerating, as for braking, as IRL, pump the brakes or use a lot of dexterity and don't go higher than about 1/4 of the braking value. I think the best thing here is to be patient :ouch:, that sort of goes against my inner feelings of ripping up the track :lol:. Have fun 👍

Hello Gents, I have pitched an idea in the FITT thread, along with DolHaus, for the next tuning challenge. Has the potential to be a really fun challenge, if you have never taken part before, I invite you to consider trying this one. They are almost always a lot of fun with a great group of tuners and testers.

The discussion starts here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...and-test-drivers.291311/page-46#post-10377015

mgo

As @Bowtie-muscle said

Setup

500PP
Power 382 Hp
Torque 493 Nm
Weight 1 232 Kg
Tires Sport soft

Car details

Power limiter : 98.8% / Engine: Standard / Sports ECU / Turbo Kits: None
Weight Reduction:

F / R
Ride height 96 / 100
Spring Rate 5.50 / 58.30
Damper Compression 5 / 4
Damper Extension 3 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars 5 / 6
Camber Angle 1.1 / 0.08
Toe Angle -0.02 / .0.08
Brake Balance 5 / 5

LSD
Initial Torque 8 / 10

Wings / Ballast
Down-force 0 / 40
Ballast Position 0
Ballast Weight 000 kg
Can you please double check your rear springs and rear camber for me.

Skyline GT-R V * spec (R33) ’97 500PP / SH

View attachment 288359 View attachment 288360 View attachment 288361
Body Color: Metallic -Silver Metallic Graphite
Wheels: Standard - ENKEI RPF1
Wheels Color: Solid - Nero tenebre
Caliper Color: Solid - Flame Red

and I tested it on the races:
Super - Ascari with SS, pit stop 1/2 way, won twice easily.
Super - Willow Springs with SS, pit 1/2 way, won once because the MacDo F1 and the Spaghetti Hyena weren't there,came in second and third on two other occasions because of those two mentioned.
National A - Gornergrat League with SH, all 3 tracks, easy win all the way.

Power: 380HP
Weight: 1232kg
F/R Dist.: 54:46

Suspension - Custom
Ride Height: 93 / 97
Spring Rate: 5.85 / 6.49
Dmp.Cmp. 3 / 3
Dmp.Ext. 3 / 3
A.R.B.: 4 / 3
Camber: 0.0 / 0.0
Toe Angle: -0.13 / 0.60

Brakes - Racing
Balance 3 / 8

Drivetrain - Custom Adjustable
Initial Torque: 7 / 5
Accel. Sens.: 10 / 5
Braking Sens.: 20 / 20

Clutch & Flywheel : Triple Plate
Drive Shaft: Carbon Drive Shaft

Torque-Distributing Center Differential
30:70

Power Limiter: 98.1
Computer: Sports
Ex.Manifold: Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports

Body
Downforce: 0 / 30
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Transmission : Custom Adjustable
Max Speed 260kmh or 162mph, that's it.
Quick review of @TurnLeft Skyline GT-R V-spec '97 500p (SH)

Yes, Sports Hard on Autumn Ring. This is where I like to run my 4wd cars, and where I tested Dolhaus'. Right from the start, I liked the choice of trans set to 162mph, great acceleration and that held true throughout this track, may hurt on a longer higher speed track but can easily be adjusted. Learning the braking points is key with this tune as it is easy to overshoot (my tune similar:guilty:). The rear is very stable, almost too stable, and could use just a touch more rotation for my liking but not bad. The front end could have a push or understeer mid corner if the line was not right but learning how to drive it the way it wants to be driven changes that. Overall, a fun and enjoyable ride, never a lack of exit power though minor exit understeer can be found if you really go looking by pushing it too hard. Now for the good news, in my review of DolHaus' tune, I said my best in my tune was a 1:25.742 (my gears were set long due to running at Apricot Hill, and I noticed it was only 485pp as I did not readjust power limiter......anyway) but with yours I did a 1:25.293 in a quick 5 lap run. (DolHaus was 1:24.317:lol:) I then wanted to try one little adjustment, lowering the rear toe from 0.60 to 0.10, now this did add some outside front tire slide but also added a touch of rotation. Best lap of 3.....1:25.98, 2 tenths quicker. :dopey: It would need a readjustment of some front settings but does help in some of the corners. Might be worth I try, but if you left the tune alone, there is NOTHING wrong with that.;)

And as for your little "Bowtie's Games" Challenge.........you owe me a new DS3 controller:P, only a 2:11.003:(, looks like you win again.:ouch:

Quick review of @TurnLeft Skyline GT-R V-spec '97 500p (SH)

Yes, Sports Hard on Autumn Ring. This is where I like to run my 4wd cars, and where I tested Dolhaus'. Right from the start, I liked the choice of trans set to 162mph, great acceleration and that held true throughout this track, may hurt on a longer higher speed track but can easily be adjusted. Learning the braking points is key with this tune as it is easy to overshoot (my tune similar:guilty:). The rear is very stable, almost too stable, and could use just a touch more rotation for my liking but not bad. The front end could have a push or understeer mid corner if the line was not right but learning how to drive it the way it wants to be driven changes that. Overall, a fun and enjoyable ride, never a lack of exit power though minor exit understeer can be found if you really go looking by pushing it too hard. Now for the good news, in my review of DolHaus' tune, I said my best in my tune was a 1:25.742 (my gears were set long due to running at Apricot Hill, and I noticed it was only 485pp as I did not readjust power limiter......anyway) but with yours I did a 1:25.293 in a quick 5 lap run. (DolHaus was 1:24.317:lol:) I then wanted to try one little adjustment, lowering the rear toe from 0.60 to 0.10, now this did add some outside front tire slide but also added a touch of rotation. Best lap of 3.....1:25.98, 2 tenths quicker. :dopey: It would need a readjustment of some front settings but does help in some of the corners. Might be worth I try, but if you left the tune alone, there is NOTHING wrong with that.;)

And as for your little "Bowtie's Games" Challenge.........you owe me a new DS3 controller:P, only a 2:11.003:(, looks like you win again.:ouch:
Well thank you muchachos :bowdown:, quite agree about those quirks :eek:, also noticed a slight kick out of curves but couldn't make out if it was the front or rear that moved the car :confused:, 4wd are a big mystery for me in GT6, but compared to my IRL AWD Outback, this thing turns like a Miata, acceleraties like a Viper, but I wouldn't trade my IRL car for it, for 5 months of the year my faithful 'tractor' keeps me safe and makes a bad driver like me look like a rally champ on the roads. Thanks for taking the time, as soon as time permits ( finishing sm80 review ) I will definitely try those toe settings, I was concentrating on trying to get the spring rates right and kind of lost sight of the rest :embarrassed:.
:cheers:
Here, pick your new DS3 controller.

video-game-smiley-emoticon.gif
video-games-smiley-emoticon.gif
video-games.gif

PS. Good time on the challenge 👍, I do get a little more practice doing crazy things like this than you, :odd:.

Well thank you muchachos :bowdown:, quite agree about those quirks :eek:, also noticed a slight kick out of curves but couldn't make out if it was the front or rear that moved the car :confused:, 4wd are a big mystery for me in GT6, but compared to my IRL AWD Outback, this thing turns like a Miata, acceleraties like a Viper, but I wouldn't trade my IRL car for it, for 5 months of the year my faithful 'tractor' keeps me safe and makes a bad driver like me look like a rally champ on the roads. Thanks for taking the time, as soon as time permits ( finishing sm80 review ) I will definitely try those toe settings, I was concentrating on trying to get the spring rates right and kind of lost sight of the rest :embarrassed:.
Here, pick your new DS3 controller.

video-game-smiley-emoticon.gif
video-games-smiley-emoticon.gif
video-games.gif

PS. Good time on the challenge 👍, I do get a little more practice doing crazy things like this than you, :odd:.
I know that once you go wagon there's no coming back but what if someone gave you the keys to a Stagea 260 (the skyline wagon)? :lol:

I know that once you go wagon there's no coming back but what if someone gave you the keys to a Stagea 260 (the skyline wagon)? :lol:
Your right, I would have never thought I of all people would drive a wagon, we also have a Matrix, and we'll never buy another car that doesn't have a hatch door again, unless we get crazy and buy a summer car, then hello FR convertible. Stagea 260, I'd try it, but .... ( picture this, real life situation ) ... you're about to leave for work, snow plow passes by just as you get in your car, 2 foot high by 4 feet wide snow bank, do you shovel, not with the Outback 👍, like I said I would try it but if it got stuck I'd call you to come and pick up that AWD impostor :lol:. I see so many AWD & 4WD on the road from all kinds of manufactures, and exception to the Jeep Wrangler or Rubicon, they have the lettering but not the performance required. I'd love to see the Audi do that, I'm pretty sure it could, but the people who own them have people come and clean out their driveways for them so we'll never know.:lol:

Your right, I would have never thought I of all people would drive a wagon, we also have a Matrix, and we'll never buy another car that doesn't have a hatch door again, unless we get crazy and buy a summer car, then hello FR convertible. Stagea 260, I'd try it, but .... ( picture this, real life situation ) ... you're about to leave for work, snow plow passes by just as you get in your car, 2 foot high by 4 feet wide snow bank, do you shovel, not with the Outback 👍, like I said I would try it but if it got stuck I'd call you to come and pick up that AWD impostor :lol:. I see so many AWD & 4WD on the road from all kinds of manufactures, and exception to the Jeep Wrangler or Rubicon, they have the lettering but not the performance required. I'd love to see the Audi do that, I'm pretty sure it could, but the people who own them have people come and clean out their driveways for them so we'll never know.:lol:
At least yours has some redeeming features, mine is longer and wider than a Range Rover and propelled down the road by 1.4 litres of French fury. I suspect the big round thing in front of the drivers seat is supposed to be responsible for the steering but I can't confirm this as there is no correlation between how much you turn it and the direction the car goes :lol:
This said, I don't think I could ever buy a car that wasn't a wagon after this, got my heart set on getting an early 2000's 3 series BMW tourer in the next few years. I plan on running it until it dies and then I'm going to convert it into a pick-up and drop a V8 in it :mischievous:

Jeep has done well with keeping snow performance in their SUV's, but what really matters is if the driver thinks they can do it or if they know the limits of what they can do. I can't count the times I've passed AWD/4WD's that are stuck because they had the mindset of "this system can drive through anything" until they find that black ice or extra deep snow. I would say I'm lucky for what I think are the limits of my Jeep so far, I haven't had any "accidents" that fit this category, but my age still shows in my driving from time to time. (Hehehe) :)

@shaunm80
Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R33) '97 500PP SH review

The more I test cars, the less I blame the car, the more I blame the driver :lol:. I’ve tried cars from people who did incredible lap times with them, and I was seconds slower with the same tuning. So where’s the problem? If I was a top 100 TT driver maybe I could criticize something on a car, but I’m not, so the best that I can do is give the impression I get when driving while learning how to master the beast I’m in.

International B - Tour Of Japan - Suzuka - 600PP Limit - SS>
First impression is it has a floaty feeling, out of medium and long curves acceleration the car stays steady on it’s line even while flooring it. When braking it responds better if you ease into the curve than hard braking later, when hard braking the car loses balance. Out of sharp curves (chicane) when taken with a gradual acceleration the car responds very well, when flooring it the Front & Rear exterior tires heat up a lot. Passing over rumble strips unbalances the car and caution must be taken, especially when coming back on the track :odd:. (Yes I know, what was I doing off the track, ... cute girl in the stands waved at me :sly:). At high speeds (220kmh +) is where the foaty feeling of the car could be hazardous if you change lane to fast to past.

Conclusion: This car wants to be driven with a soft touch on the steering and brakes, depending on the type of curves the way you accelerate may be quite different. Road bumps are lightly felt and easily handled. Great for people who are in control and patient. If your the bully type on the road , you’ll learn that sometimes your faster by using more grace.👍

@shaunm80

Picture 2-1.png

Here we go, new year, new month, new cars. There will only be one challenge for this month.

SUICIDAL TENDENCIES

RULES & REGULATIONS
ONLY valid laps should be counted, luckily there are quite a few places here you slide off the road without being disqualified, but it may not be the fastest way around the track.

Car Setup

Drivers Option

Course Settings

My time 2:11.922 , it is my second day without cigarettes :nervous:, so my driving may be a little erratic:ouch:, good luck, :cheers:

mgo
sorry sorry my mystake :scared: :banghead:
I have updated the post rear spring 5.30 rear camber 0.8
sorry again
I thought those would be the numbers but always better to double check rather than guess. Do not apologize, it happens. I have made posting mistakes myself, in my garage, several in one week even. :banghead:

View attachment 283712
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V spec (R33) '97

Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power: 376 BHP @ 7000 Rpm / 49.7 kgfm @ 4600 Rpm
Weight: 1232 kg
Performance Points: 500 PP
Wheels: Standard Size
Fitted parts: Front Aero A/ Custom Rear Wing
Tires: SH
Weight Distribution: 54:46

Suspension : (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front: 105 Rear: 100
Spring Rate: Front: 5.58 kg Rear: 6.52 kg
Dampers (Compression):Front: 2 Rear: 4
Dampers (Extension): Front: 3 Rear: 3
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 4 Rear: 3
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: 0.00° Rear: 0.00°
Brakes (Racing): F: 5 R: 6

Drivetrain: (Six-Speed Transmission)
Max Speed - 186mph

1: 3.236
2: 2.193
3: 1.607
4: 1.235
5: 0.995
6: 0.840

Final: 4.111

Differential Gear: Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff​

Initial Torque: F= 10 R= 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: F= 38 R= 35
Braking Sensitivity: F= 15 R= 15

Clutch & Flywheel:
Twin-Plate
Propeller Shaft: Carbon
Torque Distributing Centre Differential: 35:65

Power

Oil Change:
No
Power Limiter: 100%
Engine Tuning: Standard
Computer: Standard
Exhaust Manifold: Isometric
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Yes
Turbo Kit: Stage: Standard
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): No

Body

Body Rigidity Improvement:
No
Downforce: F: 0 R: 45
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Bonnet: Carbon
Windows: Weight Reduction
Ballast: 0 kg
Ballast position: 0%

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V spec (R33) '97 500PP SH Review

Hey guess what? Sure been a long time since I did a review of one of your cars :P, wanted to do something a little more challenging for yours.

You know that I have a lot of respect for you :drool:, but what about your tunings :sly:? Let’s give it a real challenge. I’m taking it to Super - Ascari 10 Lap Challenge using the exact setup with SH, I don’t know how many laps I’ll be able to last with these and will I be fast enough to compete with those pretentious “ :cool: have you seen me :cool: “ cars. I know the driver and he’s top notch :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:, as long as he’s alone on the track :odd:. Enough babling, let’s go.

Lap 1:
Getting use to the car, easy to control but lacking speed and grip in corners, very hard to pass the R8 in front, can’t take the inside or we will bump and to slow on the outside.

Position 14/16
+20.855
Time 2:24.814

I was thinking of trying to make it to the end with the same tires but just realized that I’ll most likely run out of gas. Will wait until lap 5 to make a decision.

Lap 2 :
Just before the first curve right after the start line, a car came flying towards me out of nowhere :confused:, barely had time to change line, hey it held on and passed the R8 at the same time. Could use stronger braking power to brake late and pass on the tight curves :D.

Position 11/16
+16.876
Time 2:23.597

Started using the full width of the track to gain some advantage, in and out of curves will roll two tires off track to place my self in a straight line out. Had a couple of out off curves where the rear left tire heated up a lot, but I’m racing so don’t ask me where :nervous:.

Lap 3:
Again same place, some car is facing me :confused: and for once it’s not me that’s going the wrong way, again car held on well as I had to change my driving line at the last second.

The car turns well on medium and fast curves, there’s a little slip from the tires but it’s easily managed, it’s the mid section of curves that are hurting me.

Position 9/16
+18.221
2:24.597

Nothing new, just not gaining up on the pole position.

Lap 4:
Almost a clear lap, though the car turns well and there are no surprises out of curves, I sure wish I had SS to gain more positions.

Position 7/16
+17.612
2:24.011

Tires are holding ok Front 7/7 Rear 9/9 but will stop at lap 5 to refuel and put a new set of tires.

Lap 5:
I’m going in for a pit stop at the end of this one, in front is a 6) SRT, 5) Lamb.Murci, 4) Lamb. Aventador, and 3 unknown comics. I’m catching up to the Avantador but as we get out of the curves it loses me in the dust .

Position 3/16
+16.888
2:32.771

Lap 6:
Totally clear ahead, in front are 3) MP4, 2) Huayra, 1) Enzo . A little slippery as I try pushing it to try to gain up on the leaders. The Enzo will have to pit, I don’t remember for the other two jokers.

Position 3/16
+18.436
2:45.614

Lap 7 :
Took a 5 second penalty when I missed that little ‘s’ just after the start, the Enzo passed me then I retook my place at the next curve.

forgot to take notes
Position 3/16
???
2:26.056

Lap 8 :
Was a bad bad boy, braked really late to over take the MP4, now 2nd, cutting him off on the straight to protect my lead.

Position 2/16
+8.942
2:23.045

The MP4 & the Enzo are breathing down my neck, ( Don’t Panic :scared:)

Lap 9
Position 2/16
+2.693
2:23.017

Still have those two retards tailing me and the other reject in front seems he’s just teasing me saying “ come on, get close” and peels off into the sunset :(.

Lap 10
On the second set of curves I waited for the right time and took 1st place, now I’ve got the 3 stooges coming at me from behind, keep cool :cool:.

Total time 24:44.938

1st at 0.000 Skyline :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
2nd at +0.346 Huayra :dunce::dunce::dunce:
3rd at +0.883 MP4 :ouch::ouch::ouch:
4th at +2.442 Enzo :mad::mad::mad:

Nice tune, ok I give it to you, GOOOOOOOOD tune, just stop snapping those pants suspenders, you'll look silly if they break off :lol:. It's well balanced and has just enough power to make you drive and not just be part of a parade, but ..
... nothing in particular. :cheers: my friend, great to have you here. I'll be putting a challenge out for you probably on friday, until then don't get into any camberesque situations and take care.

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V spec (R33) '97 500PP SH Review

Hey guess what? Sure been a long time since I did a review of one of your cars :P, wanted to do something a little more challenging for yours.

You know that I have a lot of respect for you :drool:, but what about your tunings :sly:? Let’s give it a real challenge. I’m taking it to Super - Ascari 10 Lap Challenge using the exact setup with SH, I don’t know how many laps I’ll be able to last with these and will I be fast enough to compete with those pretentious “ :cool: have you seen me :cool: “ cars. I know the driver and he’s top notch :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:, as long as he’s alone on the track :odd:. Enough babling, let’s go.

Lap 1:
Getting use to the car, easy to control but lacking speed and grip in corners, very hard to pass the R8 in front, can’t take the inside or we will bump and to slow on the outside.

Position 14/16
+20.855
Time 2:24.814

I was thinking of trying to make it to the end with the same tires but just realized that I’ll most likely run out of gas. Will wait until lap 5 to make a decision.

Lap 2 :
Just before the first curve right after the start line, a car came flying towards me out of nowhere :confused:, barely had time to change line, hey it held on and passed the R8 at the same time. Could use stronger braking power to brake late and pass on the tight curves :D.

Position 11/16
+16.876
Time 2:23.597

Started using the full width of the track to gain some advantage, in and out of curves will roll two tires off track to place my self in a straight line out. Had a couple of out off curves where the rear left tire heated up a lot, but I’m racing so don’t ask me where :nervous:.

Lap 3:
Again same place, some car is facing me :confused: and for once it’s not me that’s going the wrong way, again car held on well as I had to change my driving line at the last second.

The car turns well on medium and fast curves, there’s a little slip from the tires but it’s easily managed, it’s the mid section of curves that are hurting me.

Position 9/16
+18.221
2:24.597

Nothing new, just not gaining up on the pole position.

Lap 4:
Almost a clear lap, though the car turns well and there are no surprises out of curves, I sure wish I had SS to gain more positions.

Position 7/16
+17.612
2:24.011

Tires are holding ok Front 7/7 Rear 9/9 but will stop at lap 5 to refuel and put a new set of tires.

Lap 5:
I’m going in for a pit stop at the end of this one, in front is a 6) SRT, 5) Lamb.Murci, 4) Lamb. Aventador, and 3 unknown comics. I’m catching up to the Avantador but as we get out of the curves it loses me in the dust .

Position 3/16
+16.888
2:32.771

Lap 6:
Totally clear ahead, in front are 3) MP4, 2) Huayra, 1) Enzo . A little slippery as I try pushing it to try to gain up on the leaders. The Enzo will have to pit, I don’t remember for the other two jokers.

Position 3/16
+18.436
2:45.614

Lap 7 :
Took a 5 second penalty when I missed that little ‘s’ just after the start, the Enzo passed me then I retook my place at the next curve.

forgot to take notes
Position 3/16
???
2:26.056

Lap 8 :
Was a bad bad boy, braked really late to over take the MP4, now 2nd, cutting him off on the straight to protect my lead.

Position 2/16
+8.942
2:23.045

The MP4 & the Enzo are breathing down my neck, ( Don’t Panic :scared:)

Lap 9
Position 2/16
+2.693
2:23.017

Still have those two retards tailing me and the other reject in front seems he’s just teasing me saying “ come on, get close” and peels off into the sunset :(.

Lap 10
On the second set of curves I waited for the right time and took 1st place, now I’ve got the 3 stooges coming at me from behind, keep cool :cool:.

Total time 24:44.938

1st at 0.000 Skyline :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
2nd at +0.346 Huayra :dunce::dunce::dunce:
3rd at +0.883 MP4 :ouch::ouch::ouch:
4th at +2.442 Enzo :mad::mad::mad:

Nice tune, ok I give it to you, GOOOOOOOOD tune, just stop snapping those pants suspenders, you'll look silly if they break off :lol:. It's well balanced and has just enough power to make you drive and not just be part of a parade, but ..
... nothing in particular. :cheers: my friend, great to have you here. I'll be putting a challenge out for you probably on friday, until then don't get into any camberesque situations and take care.
Wonderful review, thank you very much :lol: :cheers: :lol:
I'm glad you enjoyed the car and was able to sneak the win with it 👍 Those squeeling noises are just the noises it makes when its happy, don't fear the slip, embrace the slip and trust that the car will look after you better than it looks after its shoes :lol:
I look forward to your challenge and will give your car a spin if I get the chance 👍

@DolHaus
Picture 2-1.png

Here we go, new year, new month, new cars. There will only be one challenge for this month.

RULES & REGULATIONS

Car Setup

Drivers Option

Course Settings

I should have saved my lap with @Bowtie-muscle car :banghead:, I was doing something different but I can't seem to remember :embarrassed:, now I'm getting so slow I can count the raindrops falling :odd:, so here is my time, 2:12.391
Good luck 👍 and be careful on the Castrol-S curve (1st one after start) there's a duck family who've takin' a liking to a pond just on the left side.:yuck:

KUROKI Nissan Skyline BCNR33 GTR Vspec '97 ( Wangan Midnight )
Tuned to replicate Wangan Midnight Takayuki Kuroki R33 GTR 800HP-Comfort Soft
Nissan Skyline BCNR33 GTR Vspec '97 613PP / CS Review

I was wondering where could I test this, I first went to Super -Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge, with CS I was to slow for that race :crazy:, there is a limit of [weight/speed/force to tire grip] and though the car handled really well, as I tried to follow the other cars it became obvious that the problem for winning hear would be the tire choice:scared:. Yes I know this is not what you intended, but who’s got the keys :sly:? So plan B let’s try Int.B Super car Festival - De La Sarthe. Some nice fast straight line to take advantage of the massive power I have 👍, A few chicanes to lose that advantage 👎, and the rest to battle it out.

Int.B Super car Festival - De La Sarthe
I had no doubt that the car would handle well, but the power it has surpasses the capacity of the tire grip available, so throttle control is a must. Yes I won by 0.536 of a second on an Enzo ’02, I can’t find anything wrong with this tune, the high ( very high) spring rate actually works well, it gives the car a sense of direction as long as you don’t over do it with the gas in curves :rolleyes:. One little note I took was I didn’t remember De La Sarthe being so bumpy, you could see the track ahead moving up and down and up and down and ... at a fast pace, but you couldn’t feel it losing it’s traction ( straight line), just a little unnerving.

Super - Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge
I couldn’t give up here, I came here tried it with CS and bombed badly, I hate losing to AI drivers, so I’m going back to try with SS, want to see how much tire wear it will give and most of all I want to beat those turkeys. So It should be a formality with the power I have and the right set of threads, but who knows what PD has in its plans for me.

The car still handled well but the tire wear was bad, which slowed the car down real fast, even with the front left tire down at 1 I managed to turn and make it to the pit lane. It was a bit frustrating not being able to do better.

Lap 1-4
Tire Wear
Front 1/4
Rear 3/6
Refuel 70L

Lap 5-8
Tire wear
Front 1/4
Rear 3/6

Finished 3rd at +12.436, I guess the Wangan got bangbang :lol: from the super cars, the loss of time from the tire wear cut all chances of winning, maybe my good friend @danbojte could try this, him being a better driver 👍 might be able to pull this one off. Sorry I dragged your car in here :rolleyes:, I really thought I was going to crush them, still friends right ;)? :cheers:

Oh before Mr Cain (@Thorin Cain)goes and posts something about the turkeys........
1st Place
turkey.gif

2nd Place
turkey6.gif

3rd Place
12_7_23.gif
TurnLeft

@Ridox2JZGTE
Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R33) '97 613PP
Picture 2-1.png

RULES & REGULATIONS

Car Setup

Drivers Option

Course Settings

I'm really losing it :dopey:, 2:16.492 👎👎👎, that was my best lap time :ouch:, ah well Mario Kart here I come.:scared:

Nissan Skyline BCNR33 GTR Vspec '97 613PP / CS Review

I was wondering where could I test this, I first went to Super -Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge, with CS I was to slow for that race :crazy:, there is a limit of [weight/speed/force to tire grip] and though the car handled really well, as I tried to follow the other cars it became obvious that the problem for winning hear would be the tire choice:scared:. Yes I know this is not what you intended, but who’s got the keys :sly:? So plan B let’s try Int.B Super car Festival - De La Sarthe. Some nice fast straight line to take advantage of the massive power I have 👍, A few chicanes to lose that advantage 👎, and the rest to battle it out.

Int.B Super car Festival - De La Sarthe
I had no doubt that the car would handle well, but the power it has surpasses the capacity of the tire grip available, so throttle control is a must. Yes I won by 0.536 of a second on an Enzo ’02, I can’t find anything wrong with this tune, the high ( very high) spring rate actually works well, it gives the car a sense of direction as long as you don’t over do it with the gas in curves :rolleyes:. One little note I took was I didn’t remember De La Sarthe being so bumpy, you could see the track ahead moving up and down and up and down and ... at a fast pace, but you couldn’t feel it losing it’s traction ( straight line), just a little unnerving.

Super - Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge
I couldn’t give up here, I came here tried it with CS and bombed badly, I hate losing to AI drivers, so I’m going back to try with SS, want to see how much tire wear it will give and most of all I want to beat those turkeys. So It should be a formality with the power I have and the right set of threads, but who knows what PD has in its plans for me.

The car still handled well but the tire wear was bad, which slowed the car down real fast, even with the front left tire down at 1 I managed to turn and make it to the pit lane. It was a bit frustrating not being able to do better.

Lap 1-4
Tire Wear
Front 1/4
Rear 3/6
Refuel 70L

Lap 5-8
Tire wear
Front 1/4
Rear 3/6

Finished 3rd at +12.436, I guess the Wangan got bangbang :lol: from the super cars, the loss of time from the tire wear cut all chances of winning, maybe my good friend @danbojte could try this, him being a better driver 👍 might be able to pull this one off. Sorry I dragged your car in here :rolleyes:, I really thought I was going to crush them, still friends right ;)? :cheers:

Oh before Mr Cain (@Thorin Cain)goes and posts something about the turkeys........
1st Place
turkey.gif

2nd Place
turkey6.gif

3rd Place
12_7_23.gif
TurnLeft

@Ridox2JZGTE
View attachment 291827

View attachment 291828
RULES & REGULATIONS

Car Setup

Drivers Option

Course Settings

I'm really losing it :dopey:, 2:16.492 👎👎👎, that was my best lap time :ouch:, ah well Mario Kart here I come.:scared:

I think you might have better luck racing it at SSR7 :sly: :) Wangan Midnight cars are hardcore :lol: There are actually crazy Japanese driver/tuner who drove their R33 or R34 with over 700+PS on the highway, often at speeds above 200kmh on street tires, racing :P It needs precision, hopefully I can do the challenge :D

@Ridox2JZGTE
View attachment 291827

View attachment 291828
RULES & REGULATIONS

Car Setup

Drivers Option

Course Settings

The challenge intrigued me, so I tried to spare a little bit of time, testing one of my final phase NSX Time Attack replica car for about 5 laps at Tsukuba, then onto the Kuroki R33 :P

NSXTimeAttackReplica.jpg

Okay, I did 2 laps as prescribed, first a warm up and to see what sort of grip deficiency that needs different technique :lol: It's a soaking wet track with small flood and I'm on hard semi slick that barely has traction on 800+HP R33 with big lazy turbo from below 3000rpm :eek:

I tread carefully on 1st turn before start line, and I saw that the car easily loses front grip above 60kmh in corner. That's my reference speed for most corner. I continued to do 1 full lap, 2:16.341 :D :cool:
The trick is to maintain half throttle on 1st and 2nd gear, get the boost going but not overdo it and spin the rear wheels. When the R33 goes above 140kmh, time to use more throttle - around 70% to 80% up to 3rd gear then when about to shift to 4th, full on gas to 230+kmh on the main straight.
Now, the challenge with no ABS and 100% water flood + SH tire + racing brakes = modulate the brakes at less than half pressure, that means no passing half red brake bar when already bleeding speed to lower region. At higher speed, do a quick cadence brake, then trail brake right into the apex. Steer with the confidence as long as the R33 is in the hot speed - less than 70kmh, where it can steer nicely. Maintain half gas and keep positive boost on the engine, handbrake can be useful to correct the line.

I then did 2nd lap from beginning - I exit and went back, this time I focus my driving to be as clean as possible while a bit aggressive with the gas :P

BAM : 2:11.828, with some spotty entry and exit :cheers: The LSD and the weight distribution of the real car helped a lot to make the R33 easier to gain traction, never underestimate high lock LSD with optimal breakaway torque/preload. Engine braking is a must too :D

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back