January Car of the Month - Skyline GT-R (R33)!! - Join in the Fun!!

The challenge intrigued me, so I tried to spare a little bit of time, testing one of my final phase NSX Time Attack replica car for about 5 laps at Tsukuba, then onto the Kuroki R33 :P

View attachment 291885

Okay, I did 2 laps as prescribed, first a warm up and to see what sort of grip deficiency that needs different technique :lol: It's a soaking wet track with small flood and I'm on hard semi slick that barely has traction on 800+HP R33 with big lazy turbo from below 3000rpm :eek:

I tread carefully on 1st turn before start line, and I saw that the car easily loses front grip above 60kmh in corner. That's my reference speed for most corner. I continued to do 1 full lap, 2:16.341 :D :cool:
The trick is to maintain half throttle on 1st and 2nd gear, get the boost going but not overdo it and spin the rear wheels. When the R33 goes above 140kmh, time to use more throttle - around 70% to 80% up to 3rd gear then when about to shift to 4th, full on gas to 230+kmh on the main straight.
Now, the challenge with no ABS and 100% water flood + SH tire + racing brakes = modulate the brakes at less than half pressure, that means no passing half red brake bar when already bleeding speed to lower region. At higher speed, do a quick cadence brake, then trail brake right into the apex. Steer with the confidence as long as the R33 is in the hot speed - less than 70kmh, where it can steer nicely. Maintain half gas and keep positive boost on the engine, handbrake can be useful to correct the line.

I then did 2nd lap from beginning - I exit and went back, this time I focus my driving to be as clean as possible while a bit aggressive with the gas :P

BAM : 2:11.828, with some spotty entry and exit :cheers: The LSD and the weight distribution of the real car helped a lot to make the R33 easier to gain traction, never underestimate high lock LSD with optimal breakaway torque/preload. Engine braking is a must too :D
I used a different approach, never went lower than 3rd gear to limit spin off from out off curves, my main problem was keeping a steady line in the curves while maintaining the max speed I could get, still you're 5 seconds faster :crazy:, that's a lot :mad:, in fact it's a little too much :grumpy:, I think the next time I'll reword the rules so that I can get an edge :lol:. Real good time Mr. Toyota, :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:.
:cheers:

I used a different approach, never went lower than 3rd gear to limit spin off from out off curves, my main problem was keeping a steady line in the curves while maintaining the max speed I could get, still you're 5 seconds faster :crazy:, that's a lot :mad:, in fact it's a little too much :grumpy:, I think the next time I'll reword the rules so that I can get an edge :lol:. Real good time Mr. Toyota, :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:.

Thank you, it's good to have this kind of challenge :) For the tire wear on the front tire, moving the power sent more to the rear wheel should helped, 20/80 or 10/90, so it drives like an FR :P

I tried to win this today, with different strategies, but no luck, my friend. The pace I am able to run isn't enough. 👍

What sort of lap time needed to win ? SS tire ? I highly suggest to make some changes as the R33 was tuned for high speed highway races with smooth surface :) Here are some that I can think of, will have to be tested :

Damper :
comp 5 4
ext 4 6
ARB
3 5 or 4 / 4

Brake balance 3 / 6 or 3 / 7

Front LSD ( less lock )

initial 7
accel 30
brake 5

Running torque split at 25 / 75 might also help. As far as I remember, the R33 can lap Big Willow in 2:21 or 2:20s on SH, no tire wear :P

What sort of lap time needed to win ? SS tire ? I highly suggest to make some changes as the R33 was tuned for high speed highway races with smooth surface :) Here are some that I can think of, will have to be tested :

Damper :
comp 5 4
ext 4 6
ARB
3 5 or 4 / 4

Front LSD ( less lock )

initial 7
accel 30
brake 5

Running torque split at 25 / 75 might also help. As far as I remember, the R33 can lap Big Willow in 2:21 or 2:20s on SH, no tire wear :P
I tried the LSD front even 5/9/5 but still 21:20.xxx the best on SS tyres, and the front left is down to 2 after four laps, being red at any turn despite the driving style, of course if a reasonable pace is kept. It looks like a constant 21:18 is needed. :D

Last edited:

Damper :
comp 5 4
ext 4 6
ARB
3 5 or 4 / 4

Front LSD ( less lock )

initial 7
accel 30
brake 5

I've only started to look at tire wear, my thought is that the high spring rates uses up the tires faster, why? we could speculate but I think we'll have to make some genuine tests to get to the bottom of this. There were a few MP4's that I tried that were decent here, and I tested @Bowtie-muscle, @DolHaus & just finished testing @praiano63 and they faired well for tire wear, but they were at 500PP, so eventually I'll get to @demonchilde & @Rush471 which are at 600PP and we'll see what that gives. I didn't forget you @@xande1959 & @mgo, you'll both also be sacrified to the god of tires. If I get a chance I'll redo @shaunm80 car, I tried something different with that one, just having fun,:lol:.

I tried to win this today, with different strategies, but no luck, my friend. The pace I am able to run isn't enough. 👍
Thanks for trying my friend, at least I know now it wasn't totally my way of driving that caused that.👍

I've only started to look at tire wear, my thought is that the high spring rates uses up the tires faster, why? we could speculate but I think we'll have to make some genuine tests to get to the bottom of this. There were a few MP4's that I tried that were decent here, and I tested @Bowtie-muscle, @DolHaus & just finished testing @praiano63 and they faired well for tire wear, but they were at 500PP, so eventually I'll get to @demonchilde & @Rush471 which are at 600PP and we'll see what that gives. I didn't forget you @@xande1959 & @mgo, you'll both also be sacrified to the god of tires. If I get a chance I'll redo @shaunm80 car, I tried something different with that one, just having fun,:lol:.

Thanks for trying my friend, at least I know now it wasn't totally my way of driving that caused that.👍

As @danbojte pointed out, the car has 56 percent weight up front and it's awd with 30% torque sent to the front wheel constantly. It has 800+hp and over 1500kg, lots of forces being thrown about under braking and accelerating. Stiffer springs actually helped to take the load and balance the weight transfer vs road holding on bumps. My suggestion was to increase from damper compression and made some balancing with rear damper and ARB. I think the roll resistance of the R33 needs further refinement for sticky tires ( SS ). I also reduce front LSD preload and locking under braking to free up the front wheel under braking/entry and less load on outside front tire on those long curve at Willow.

I tried the LSD front even 5/9/5 but still 2:20.xxx the best on SS tyres, and the front left is down to 2 after four laps, being red at any turn despite the driving style, of course if a reasonable pace is kept. It looks like a constant 2:18 is needed. :D

I haven't driven with tire wear :( Looks like the R33 needs a diet :lol: 2:18s :eek: The best way to combat tire wear is less weight.

I win! :) To be continued...

Edit:
  • I win because the leader, Ferrari FXX this time, opted for a second unnecessary pit stop before the last lap.

Edit:
  • Replay available.
  • I had camber 2 at front when I won.

Edit:
  • Enough for today. I can't win.

Last edited:
praiano63
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V spec (R33) '97 500PP / SS Review

I kind of like doing the Ascari & Willow Springs in the Super races for three reasons,
1. Tire wear
2. Both tracks can be competitive
3. Since I buy a car for each tune that I try. I like the payout for these.

Hey , I didn't mess around with your tuning specs this time, except for the sails I added to it, figured I try sailing it to Brazil after the review, there's no danger for 1/3 of the distance, only ice, no water, after that we'll see how it goes.

vil2_voilier.gif

Super - Ascari Resort 10-Lap Challenge

Lap 1
2:21.777
+12.689
Position 7

First impressions of the car, easy to maneuver through traffic but can lose it’s grip from sideway weight shift ( when exaggerating, sometimes you do what you have to, to pass some freaky drivers who can’t hold their line). On high speed curves the car is sensitive to lateral forces and gives signs (tires heating up) to ease on the pedal, other wise everything seem good.

Lap 2
2:17.085
+3.732
Position 2

Starting at around 80 mph it starts to lose grip on medium fast curves. Brakes are very well balanced, out of curve acceleration very quick and even. Forgot to set the transmission for this track I’m only using first 5 speeds but it won’t cause any problems I’m about to catch up to the leaders on lap 3

Lap 3
2:18.592
Position 1

On the sharp 'S' curves when you cut with two wheels off the road to keep a straight line you get a small unbalanced feel as the tires hit back on the road. Going to push a little less to save on tires. I know I sound like I’m complaining a lot even though that I’m in first but my first thoughts are always focused on what is not working or what could be problematic before just relaxing and enjoying the ride.

Lap 4
2:19.640
Position 1

Lead of 9.133, will pit at the end of this lap, tire wear is starting to slow down the car but it’s still very easy to manage.

Lap 5
2:27.148
Position 1

Tire Wear
Front: 3 / 3
Rear: 7 / 7
Refuel: 38 L

Something I forgot to mention, on sharp curves you get that granular feeling of tires skipping sideways, this is constant from all laps and not due to tire wear. Even with the front tires down to 3 / 3 it was easy to drive.

Lap 6
2:37.685
Position 1

Closest behind at 23.010 sec. is the Ford GT ’06 which I think hasn’t stopped for a pit stop, so will talk to you at the end.

Lap 7
2:16.381
Position 1

Lap 8
2:18.553
Position 1

Lap 9
2:20.816
Position 1

Lap 10
2:21.358
Position 1

Tire Wear
Front: 4 / 4

I couldn’t get the final lead time I had, when woman wants attention a game is not going to be a good excuse :scared:, so I missed the screen shot with the info, but I was at least 1 minute up front. On the second set of tires I was careful not to over heat them, was kind of disappointed that I couldn’t save more than 1/10 in front tire wear from better driving.

This car is a little gem, it handles really well, not over grippy, not to floaty, somewhere in the middle. Turn ins are second nature as long as you don’t over power the tire limit, I actually had my best time Lap 7 while driving smoothly without over powering out of curves, hopefully that driving lesson will someday sink in permanently. Braking is very even and balanced, just thinking that I might have done a little better by adjusting the transmission for this track. Oh almost forgot, suspension settings is a small eye opener. 👍👍👍

@praiano63
Picture 2-1.png

Here we go, new year, new month, new cars. There will only be one challenge for this month.
transportation-death-automobiles-car-highway-lemming-22530150_low.jpg

RULES & REGULATIONS
ONLY valid laps should be counted, luckily there are quite a few places here you slide off the road without being disqualified, but it may not be the fastest way around the track.

TRACK: Nurbugring GP/D

Car Setup

Sports Hard tires for all cars.
Tuned as the reviewed car.

Drivers Option
Driving Line: Optional
Blind Spot Indicator: you’ll definitely need this.
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM) : OFF
ABS: 0 of course.
Skid Recovery Force: 0

Course Settings
Time: 23:50
Time Progression: 1
Weather at Race Start: 100%
Weather Changeability: 0
Surface Water at Race Start: 100%
Grip Reduction: Real
I was surprised and not surprised at the same time, what didn't surprise me was how well I drove
perverted-smiley.gif
What surprised me was how well the car handled with abs/0 in the rain.
surprised-smiley-emoticon.gif
Of course I might have mixed up those two reasons somehow.

My time for this challenge was 2:10.823 , I only did 3 laps, thought I'd give you a chance,
lol-045.gif

So far the best car in these conditions, but don't take out the champagne out yet, it brings bad luck.:cheers:

Last edited:
praiano63
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V spec (R33) '97 500PP / SS Review

I kind of like doing the Ascari & Willow Springs in the Super races for three reasons,
1. Tire wear
2. Both tracks can be competitive
3. Since I buy a car for each tune that I try. I like the payout for these.

Hey , I didn't mess around with your tuning specs this time, except for the sails I added to it, figured I try sailing it to Brazil after the review, there's no danger for 1/3 of the distance, only ice, no water, after that we'll see how it goes.

vil2_voilier.gif

Lap 1
2:21.777
+12.689
Position 7

First impressions of the car, easy to maneuver through traffic but can lose it’s grip from sideway weight shift ( when exaggerating, sometimes you do what you have to, to pass some freaky drivers who can’t hold their line). On high speed curves the car is sensitive to lateral forces and gives signs (tires heating up) to ease on the pedal, other wise everything seem good.

Lap 2
2:17.085
+3.732
Position 2

Starting at around 80 mph it starts to lose grip on medium fast curves. Brakes are very well balanced, out of curve acceleration very quick and even. Forgot to set the transmission for this track I’m only using first 5 speeds but it won’t cause any problems I’m about to catch up to the leaders on lap 3

Lap 3
2:18.592
Position 1

On the sharp 'S' curves when you cut with two wheels off the road to keep a straight line you get a small unbalanced feel as the tires hit back on the road. Going to push a little less to save on tires. I know I sound like I’m complaining a lot even though that I’m in first but my first thoughts are always focused on what is not working or what could be problematic before just relaxing and enjoying the ride.

Lap 4
2:19.640
Position 1

Lead of 9.133, will pit at the end of this lap, tire wear is starting to slow down the car but it’s still very easy to manage.

Lap 5
2:27.148
Position 1

Tire Wear
Refuel: 38 L

Something I forgot to mention, on sharp curves you get that granular feeling of tires skipping sideways, this is constant from all laps and not due to tire wear. Even with the front tires down to 3 / 3 it was easy to drive.

Lap 6
2:37.685
Position 1

Closest behind at 23.010 sec. is the Ford GT ’06 which I think hasn’t stopped for a pit stop, so will talk to you at the end.

Lap 7
2:16.381
Position 1

Lap 8
2:18.553
Position 1

Lap 9
2:20.816
Position 1

Lap 10
2:21.358
Position 1

Tire Wear

I couldn’t get the final lead time I had, when woman wants attention a game is not going to be a good excuse :scared:, so I missed the screen shot with the info, but I was at least 1 minute up front. On the second set of tires I was careful not to over heat them, was kind of disappointed that I couldn’t save more than 1/10 in front tire wear from better driving.

This car is a little gem, it handles really well, not over grippy, not to floaty, somewhere in the middle. Turn ins are second nature as long as you don’t over power the tire limit, I actually had my best time Lap 7 while driving smoothly without over powering out of curves, hopefully that driving lesson will someday sink in permanently. Braking is very even and balanced, just thinking that I might have done a little better by adjusting the transmission for this track. Oh almost forgot, suspension settings is a small eye opener. 👍👍👍
Thanks for the test, this is the exact feeling i had of this car on medium and fast tracks. I´ve writen on the tune description (Don´t overdrive it, respect the grip limit and braking points to stay on the fast line.)
This is also my fastest 500pp 4WD on eiger also.
Nice boat and skipper....:lol:

Thanks for the test, this is the exact feeling i had of this car on medium and fast tracks. I´ve writen on the tune description (Don´t overdrive it, respect the grip limit and braking points to stay on the fast line.)
This is also my fastest 500pp 4WD on eiger also.
Nice boat and skipper....:lol:
Your welcome 👍, I made a mistake in my challenge time :embarrassed:, I had SS instead of SH, amazing how much faster the SS is in the rain with no abs compared to the SH ( 10 seconds). I've corrected the post, sorry about that :banghead:, I'd better go to bed before I try the wrong car and give a review with that.:lol:

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec (R33) '97 500pp CS
View attachment 293135

So some bright spark who shall remain nameless for now, decided as part of some new brainwave of his. To tune with no ABS. Given that I have just recently given up on using SRF, I found this prospect a little
000203DD.gif

So I thought no time like the present to try it out.......What was I thinking :lol:
Ah this answers my question :eek:, but why now? Why, is it because I'm going to review it? Well let's all take a minute and pray that everyone will come out safely .................................................................amen.:cheers:

maybe my good friend @danbojte could try this, [...] 👍 might be able to pull this one off.

KUROKI Nissan Skyline BCNR33 GTR Vspec '97 ( Wangan Midnight )
Tuned to replicate Wangan Midnight Takayuki Kuroki R33 GTR 800HP-Comfort Soft

CAR : Nissan Skyline R33 GTR Vspec '97
Tire : Comfort Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 801 HP at 8100 RPM
Torque: 579.5 ft-lb at 5700 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 1540 kg
Ballast : 170 kg
Ballast Position : -27
Weight Distribution : 56 / 44 as in real life
Performance Points: 613

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED in this build ) - there's no bad side effect of this, highly recommended.
Flat Floors Type A
Aero Kits Type A
Rear Wing Custom Type A or use standard wing for authenticity
Wheels : +2 Inch Up - BBS RS painted in Gold Metallic or +1 Inch Up BBS RE MG for alternate version
Car Paint : White ( stock from dealership )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit
Triple Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Torque Distributing Center Differential
Weight Reduction Stage 1

AERO
Rear : 100

LSD ( NISMO GT 1.5 way front and GT PRO CARBON 2 way rear - low preload )
FRONT
Initial Torque : 16
Acceleration Sensitivity: 36
Braking Sensitivity: 5

REAR
Initial Torque : 7
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 30

Torque Distributing Center Differential
FRONT/REAR = 30 : 70 - if wanted more rear grip balance, use 40 : 60.

Suspension - Buddy Club Racing Spec Coil Over
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 80 90
Spring Rate: 12.00 10.00
Dampers (Compression): 2 3
Dampers (Extension): 6 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 4
Camber Angle: 1.0 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.00 0.12

Brake Balance:
3/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 2/3, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/6 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
Finally Kuroki R33 GTR can be built in GT6 :) 800HP Wangan Monster, be very careful when driving the car, she's a beast and don't like being treated bad.

UPDATE : Revised Damper, corrected weight distribution to real life spec and updated brake balance.

Settings used:
- No Aids, ABS: 0 (Brake Balance 1/4),
- Tyres - Sports: Soft
- Specs unchanged.

Super Class|Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge
Normal cars|650 PP or less|Sports: Soft tires or less

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_10.jpg

Lap 6 - Taking the lead

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_9.jpg

The Finish Line :cool: :)

Race Info:

- Won by: 00.050 sec.,
- Total race time: 11:40.966 min.,
- Replay available.
Car Info:
- Millage: 1,210.2 km (312 km before this challenge) :crazy: ,
- Oil changes: 3,
- Body rigidity restoration: 1.

Tips:

- Don't enter with full speed to the pits! You'll get 10 seconds (I think) penalty,
- I pitted at lap 4 (half race).

Dedicated to my friends @TurnLeft and @Ridox2JZGTE :cheers:

Many thanks to Polyphony Digital. 👍

Settings used:
- No Aids, ABS: 0 (Brake Balance 1/4),
- Tyres - Sports: Soft
- Specs unchanged.

Super Class|Willow Springs 20-Mile Challenge
Normal cars|650 PP or less|Sports: Soft tires or less

View attachment 293187

Lap 6 - Taking the lead

View attachment 293188

The Finish Line :cool: :)

Race Info:

- Won by: 00.050 sec.,
- Total race time: 11:40.966 min.,
- Replay available.
Car Info:
- Millage: 1,210.2 km (312 km before this challenge) :crazy: ,
- Oil changes: 3,
- Body rigidity restoration: 1.

Tips:

- Don't enter with full speed to the pits! You'll get 10 seconds (I think) penalty,

Dedicated to my friends @TurnLeft and @Ridox2JZGTE :cheers:

Many thanks to Polyphony Digital. 👍
Man your a :crazy: driver, but crazy good of course :bowdown:. There's so much to learn and so little time, I appreciate you taking the time to try this, for my personal aid where can I get your replay so I can study it? I'd like to know do you use MT or AT and do you use a wheel or PS3 controller ??

Tips:
This could explain why sometimes my pit stops seemed so long :ouch:, I'll have to make an A/B test to see if it holds. Thanks Dan, :cheers:

@xande1959
NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R V.spec (R33)'97 - 500PP / SS - Review

Lap 1

2:20.977
+12.985
Position 7
Gives impression of being very fast. Feels solid but you can lose the rear if the curves are taken to hard.

Lap 2

2:17.791
+5.786
Position 5
Front rear balance is very good. It has a little oversteer in very fast curves. It seems a bit slow on the brakes.

Lap 3

2:20.137
+4.358
Position 2
Changing lanes to pass cars is very easy, just after the start line at the curves after the ‘S’ , an MP4 came back on the track from behind the green wall on the right side. It was completely hidden and appeared just as I came by, had to brake and change lane in an emergency, made it with out touching but lost some time there.

Lap 4

2:21.188
Position 1
Out of curve acceleration is good. I’m still having trouble finding the right braking spot, old habits die hard.

Lap 5

2:31.276
Position 1

Tire Wear
Refuel: ? L ( missed that one )

The feel is very smooth. Since I am first I will try pushing it less hard to save on the tires and maybe get a better best lap time.

Lap 6

2:45.002
Position 1

Lap 7

2:18.188
Position 1

Lap 8

2:21.433
Position 1

Lap 9

2:19.847
Position 1

Lap 10

2:19.420
Position 1

Tire Wear

Total Time: 24:08.422
Lead Time: 54.509

Overall very good tune 👍👍👍. On my last 5 laps I found some good braking zones and lines and except for lap 8 my lap times stayed pretty close even if the tires were degrading, this shows how well balanced the car is. Great job mister
picasso.jpeg
.:cheers:

NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R Vspec (R33) `97 // 500PP // SPORT TIRES by @praiano63 Review:

Syracuse_1.jpg

IB License Tour of Japan Race 1 Motegi
(550PP) Winner! 👍

Before reviewing, just would like to say the car looks really nice without the rear wing, right? :)

So, what to expect from a Mr. P tune? A great car of course. So it is. Won the race easily...

Incredibly agile fast and fun to drive. Superior rotation in cornering and mid-cornering, perhaps the feature I enjoyed the most of it. On the twists and turns of Motegi, the possibility of early acceleration in exiting corners made it faster then all the remain.

No understeer present, tested to the limit and managed to stay on track and recover quickly, on Sports Hard.

Gearbox and ratios nicely avhieved, keeps the car on the right revs and competitive all the way...

One thing: the car does not like hard braking, stick to the creator instructions or you will end up in the grass/sand...

Overall:

Promissed and delivered by Praiano! Great driving sensation and above all fun! :)

👍

NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R Vspec (R33) `97 // 500PP // SPORT TIRES by @praiano63 Review:

View attachment 293182

IB License Tour of Japan Race 1 Motegi
(550PP) Winner! 👍

Before reviewing, just would like to say the car looks really nice without the rear wing, right? :)

So, what to expect from a Mr. P tune? A great car of course. So it is. Won the race easily...

Incredibly agile fast and fun to drive. Superior rotation in cornering and mid-cornering, perhaps the feature I enjoyed the most of it. On the twists and turns of Motegi, the possibility of early acceleration in exiting corners made it faster then all the remain.

No understeer present, tested to the limit and managed to stay on track and recover quickly, on Sports Hard.

Gearbox and ratios nicely avhieved, keeps the car on the right revs and competitive all the way...

One thing: the car does not like hard braking, stick to the creator instructions or you will end up in the grass/sand...

Overall:

Promissed and delivered by Praiano! Great driving sensation and above all fun! :)

👍
For a man of little words as you say, you sure use them well.👍

@xande1959

Picture 2-1.png

Here we go, new year, new month, new cars.

RULES & REGULATIONS
ONLY valid laps should be counted, luckily there are quite a few places here you slide off the road without being disqualified, but it may not be the fastest way around the track.

Car Setup

Drivers Option

Course Settings

I know this is a losing cause, but here goes anyway. My time 2:11.656 , try to beat me by no more than 0.001 :lol:.
Good luck :cheers:

@demonchilde
Skyline GT-R V-spec(R33) '97 600pp (SS) Review

You should know where I’m going to test this of course, you shouldn’t have to dig to deep to find where, but for those reading this who don't know I’ll mention the tracks name.

Super - Willow Springs 20-mile Challenge

Lap 1
1:21.195
+18.635
Position: 12
Something is bothering me but I can’t but my finger on it :confused:, so one more lap to see if I can figure it out.

Lap 2
1:21.037
+20.135
Position: 6
When turning you have to fight with the car to hold your line, it’s not hard to bring it back but I think I’m losing a bit of lap time with this.

Lap 3
1:19.120
+11.674
Position: 3
Braking is good but may need a tweak or two.

Lap 4
1:30.455
+5.687
Position: 2

Tire Wear
Front: 2/4
Rear: 3/6
Refuel: 55L

Seems to burn rubber pretty efficiently :lol:, Out of curve acceleration is good 👍(MLSD) but something in the suspension or aero makes the car unstable every time you turn the wheel :odd:.

Lap 5
1:47.371
+22.142
Position: 4

Lap 6
1:17.718
+19.145
Position: 2

Lap 7
1:19.980
Position:1
Why did the Huayra pit a second time :dunce: ?

Lap 8
1:20.639
Winner 👍

Total Time: 11:36.901
Lead By: 14.674

Tire Wear
Front: 2/5
Rear: 3/6

A good tune 👍 by a great guy :D that could use a little more love from it’s maker, not missing much :rolleyes: .

EDIT: I decided before selling it off to try it at Ascari 10 lap Challenge. Totally different feel, the problem I mentioned before is a lot less present, the car was very smooth, the last time I had a reading of my lead it was 1:47.502 . Maybe you could try them on both and see if you come to the same conclusions. The only issue was tire wear,
Lap 1-5
Front 1/1
Rear 5/4

Lap 6-10
Front 1/1
Rear 5/5
Total Time 23:20.246
At 2/2 tire level it does get a bit slow to turn in curves :ouch:.
So maybe just give your love to Willow Springs instead.:lol:

Nice tune mate. 👍

Last edited:
@demonchilde
Picture 2-1.png

Here we go, new year, new month, new cars.

RULES & REGULATIONS

Car Setup

Drivers Option

Course Settings

You know you'd think I'd get better at this from doing all of these challenges, I guess my learning curve is more like this . :rolleyes: My best lap time was 2:12.997 , now you don't really have to beat me of course, there's nothing wrong with coming in second.:lol:

@Rush471
Skyline R33 Touring Car 600 pp (RH)

If I have the choice between a normal car or a race car to review, I’ll always pick the normal car. I have enough trouble tuning a regular car that adding aero just adds up to too much for me to analyze for now. I also think that I’m not good enough driver to fully utilize the full potential of the car. This also makes it hard to analyze a tuning, I find that Race cars for the most part are already well tuned, I just have to learn how to drive them properly, my only exception so far is the Toyota One, that one needs to be tuned, the test pilot was killed in an accident with it and the project was scrapped, great potential, super dangerous. That all being said I will test and review your car, but what I will say can only be applied to my way of driving.

Super Brands Hatch 15-Lap Challenge : Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit

Big decision to make, there is tire wear on this track plus it’s going to rain. My strategy is to start with RS and gain up as much time and pit when the tires start showing up signs of too much wear, if I make it to past the halfway point I’ll put back RS if not I’ll use RH to finish. I know they will pit at least once, just don’t remember when. If it gets to slippery I’m screwed because I didn’t buy Intermediates for the race :lol:.

Lap 1
L.Time: 1:25.226
Difference:+15.771
Position:13
The car handles well, hugs the road like if it was on rails.

Lap 2
L.Time: 1:24.652
Difference: +10.192
Position: 9
Started to rain, tires seem to be warmed up because I’m getting more grip in the curves.
In and out of curves there is no problem.

Lap 3
L.Time: 1:24.122
Difference: +3.960
Position: 6
Still raining and I see no difference. Braking is very even and balanced.

Lap 4
L.Time: 1:26.253
Difference: 0.000
Position: 1

Lap 5
L.Time: 1:25.983
The car is starting to turn much wider, front left tire down to 4,

Lap 6
L.Time: 1:54.175
Difference: ?
Position: 15

Tire Wear RS
Front:3/6
Rear: 8/9
Refuel: 64L

Lap 7
L.Time: 1:28.373
Difference: +19.834
Position: 13
Lap times slower with RH, but still very easy to drive.

Lap 8
L.Time: 1:25.734
Difference: +17.854
Position: 9

Lap 9
L.Time:
Difference: 1:24.791
Position: 8
Crashed just after the start line when trying to pass on the inside. Bad move of my part.

Lap 10
L.Time: 1:31.870
Almost everybody in for the pit stop. accelerating hard out of curves can give a kick in the same direction you were turning when you straighten out the wheels.

Lap 11
L.Time: 1:27.889

Lap 12
L.Time: 1:29.844

Lap 13
L.Time: 1:27.994

Lap 14
L.Time: 1:26.921

Lap 15
L.Time: 1:29.688
Position: Winner

Tire Wear RH
Front: 6 / 7
Rear: 9 / 9

Total time: 22:31.631
Final Lead: 1:04.200

Conclusion:
The car handles great, easy to handle, brake, turn, accelerate, for any fault that I may find I could also deduce that I didn't approach that segment properly. Nice job sir.👍

Latest Posts

Back