Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk- powered by Hellcat engine - officially unveiled

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 123 comments
I'm ok with this.:lol:
dart-hellcat-54e1856a59f87.jpg
Why do I have the feeling that if that ever happened, it would end up being so front-heavy? :lol:

"According to sources close to Motor Authority, FCA has greenlit “Project K,” which will put the 707 horsepower HEMI into a Grand Cherokee for 2017"

"Also there is confirmation that test mules are out testing the powertrain in 2016 bodies."

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/jeep-grand-cherokee-trackhawk-coming

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/jeep-grand-cherokee-hellcat-under-development-rumor/

Project K...who the hell does the FCA think they are. Only the CIA is allowed to use such cryptic yet cool code names.

I'll believe the long awaited Cuda when I see it, this aint 2006 anymore you can't fool me that easily.

Because soccermoms need 707bhp and ~3 second 0-60 too?

Just like they needed 470hp before that, or how the rich soccer moms need the 500+ from the Porsche, how dare you question manufactures giving regular folk unnecessary power.

Because soccermoms need 707bhp and ~3 second 0-60 too?

It's more about it being a halo car for Jeep than anything. Basically they are building it so people get excited about Jeep and end up buying a regular Grand Cherokee for half the price.

Jeep CEO Michael Manley Grand Cherokee Hellcat Confirmed For 2017

TruckYeah.Jalopnik
Somebody asked Jeep CEO Michael Manley point-blank if he could put the (in)famous 707 horsepower Hellcat engine in a Jeep Grand Cherokee. His response: “Not only can I put a Hellcat motor in one of those for you, I’m going to bring that to market before the end of 2017.”
truckyeah.jalopnik.com

Oh god, and here comes Hellcat number 3 to add to the hellcat Craziness coming out of the Fiat-Chrysler corperation. :lol:

Though, I'll admit; a 707 hp SUV sounds like fun. Not that I would ever buy one if I had the money, but still.

Lets hope Jeep brings out a new compact crossover, because the Patriot and Compass are really starting to get old.

The canvas top makes it for me. I hope it just uses Renegade body panels and isn't actually based on the Renegade platform, that would be disappointing.

The canvas top makes it for me. I hope it just uses Renegade body panels and isn't actually based on the Renegade platform, that would be disappointing.

Like the Renegade isnt Rugged enough?? Theres nothing wrong with the platform.. its more capable than the Cherokee. This as a Trucklet with The Wrangler based Pick up is $$$$

Like the Renegade isnt Rugged enough?? Theres nothing wrong with the platform.. its more capable than the Cherokee. This as a Trucklet with The Wrangler based Pick up is $$$$

All I know between the Renegade and the Cherokee is that in terms of approach angle, the Renegade is better, as far as I know they have the same ground clearance.

My problem with the concept being based off a Renegade is that's it's unibody, I don't doubt it's capable off road with it's 2.0L diesel and I assume a locking rear diff, but a unibody trucks just don't seem to be as tough as a body on frame.

Everyone who buys burly matte painted trucks with stamped steel bedsides and super swampers wants to be able to go up to the parts counter at Autozone and say "I need to replace my hubs. Do you have any for a Fiat 500?"

Back