Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk- powered by Hellcat engine - officially unveiled

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 123 comments
0-60 in 3.5 seconds is yawn? :P
17523522_10155251846606095_844605635318383013_n.jpg

Bentley was too soon to call there beloved SUV the most powerful and Fastest.

Bentley was too soon to call there beloved SUV the most powerful and Fastest.

No they weren't. It was the most powerful. It was the fastest. Still is actually, at 187 mph.

I mean, these numbers are nothing more than bragging rights for either car, but still.

At least in the Bentayga, you'll be going fast in absolute luxury compared to the Trackhawk. Plus the Trackhawk probably won't be able to go off-road like the Bentley.

At least in the Bentayga, you'll be going fast in absolute luxury compared to the Trackhawk. Plus the Trackhawk probably won't be able to go off-road like the Bentley.

What is offroad in a Bentagya? A dusty trail road in Saskatchewan?

My snark stands corrected. But you probably won't see any Bentayga's crawling the rocks at Moab any time soon, and lets be honest, pretty much 99.9% of owners of it will be using it as a status symbol, and once more, probably will not see anything that resembles a country road, none the less rough terrain.

So both it and the Trailhawk have something in common.

My snark stands corrected. But you probably won't see any Bentayga's crawling the rocks at Moab any time soon, and lets be honest, pretty much 99.9% of owners of it will be using it as a status symbol, and once more, probably will not see anything that resembles a country road, none the less rough terrain.

So both it and the Trailhawk have something in common.
you wont even find the Bentley at any kind of Race track, the Jeep will find its way.

Can someone tell Dodge's media department to tone down the post-process HDR? It looks like they got an intern to learn the ropes in Photoshop.

Chrysler is not familiar with this "tone down" concept you speak of. :lol:

Regular Car Reviews has mentioned sometimes off hand and other times quite blatantly that modern day Chrysler has lost it's way from the Iaccoca days.

I mean, for us enthusiasts, it means some wild ****, but I think I finally see what he is talking about, and this is coming from a guy living in a pretty deep Chrysler family, having owned 5 FCA vehicles in the past number years.

At this point their future seems to rest on Ram and the Wrangler. The 500's novelty has seemingly wore off and they haven't come out with anything else to carry the FIAT brand, The only Dodge's I see are an occasional Charger and the Pacifica doesn't seem to be catching as well as the T&C/Caravan did. Alfa is a bit of an unknown, but that's not meant to be a volume seller so it won't be carrying the company even if it is successful.

Last edited:
With trace amounts of fecal matter...just sayin'.

No mean feat anyway, since Canadia's top three exports are maple syrup, Molson and Rush.

:P
You would think so.

1. Vehicles : US$64.3 billion (16.5% of total exports)
  2. Mineral fuels including oil: $62.3 billion (16%)
  3. Machinery including computers: $30 billion (7.7%)
  4. Gems, precious metals: $18.7 billion (4.8%)
  5. Wood: $13.2 billion (3.4%)
  6. Electrical machinery, equipment: $12.6 billion (3.2%)
  7. Plastics, plastic articles: $12.1 billion (3.1%)
  8. Aircraft, spacecraft: $10.3 billion (2.6%)
  9. Pharmaceuticals: $8.4 billion (2.2%)
  10. Aluminum: $8.1 billion (2.1%)
The only one I guessed was oil, being from Alberta and all.

Didn't expect any of the others.

You would think so.

1. Vehicles : US$64.3 billion (16.5% of total exports)
  2. Mineral fuels including oil: $62.3 billion (16%)
  3. Machinery including computers: $30 billion (7.7%)
  4. Gems, precious metals: $18.7 billion (4.8%)
  5. Wood: $13.2 billion (3.4%)
  6. Electrical machinery, equipment: $12.6 billion (3.2%)
  7. Plastics, plastic articles: $12.1 billion (3.1%)
  8. Aircraft, spacecraft: $10.3 billion (2.6%)
  9. Pharmaceuticals: $8.4 billion (2.2%)
  10. Aluminum: $8.1 billion (2.1%)
The only one I guessed was oil, being from Alberta and all.

Didn't expect any of the others.
Yeah, I was being flippant. ;)

Why is it more than the Demon? That doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I get it's a bigger vehicle and can do slightly more, but still, that seems odd it'd be the most expensive Chrysler product out there.

Eh? Weird, that it's so much more expensive than the Hellcats.

The Challenger SRT 392 is $50.2K and the Hellcat is $64.2K that is a $14K difference.

The Charger SRT 392 is $51.1K and the Hellcat is $67.6K that is a $16.5K difference.

The Grand Cherokee SRT is $66.9K and the Hellcat is $87.0K that is $20K difference.

Its not that much more then you look at the top non-Hellcat SRT trim for the model.

Last edited:
The Challenger SRT 392 is $50.2K and the Hellcat is $64.2K that is a $14K difference.

The Charger SRT 392 is $51.1K and the Hellcat is $67.6K that is a $16.5K difference.

The Grand Cherokee SRT is $66.9K and the Hellcat is $87.0K that is $20K difference.

Its not that much more then you look at the top non-Hellcat SRT trim for the model.
Eh, $20,000 for an extra 200 horsepower and a few minor changes is a substantial cost.

Eh, $20,000 for an extra 200 horsepower and a few minor changes is a substantial cost.

Shelby's F-150 Super Snake starts at 96,880... so for a Extra 9,885 gives you extra 43hp in a Pick up that most likely handles worse than the Hellcat jeep..

At least it's cheaper than the 428-something HP Nismo Patrol that we got here:

The Nismo Y62 Patrol costs: Around $106058 or so.
The Highest trim model of the "Normal" Y62 Patrol: around $82000 or so.

Still, the majority would rather modify the Y61 because they think they're Supra or Skyline Owners.

Shelby's F-150 Super Snake starts at 96,880... so for a Extra 9,885 gives you extra 43hp in a Pick up that most likely handles worse than the Hellcat jeep..
That's not the best vehicle to compare, though. That's being built by an aftermarket company for one that has a partnership with Ford, and they're building them in limited numbers to validate their price.

Plus Shelby products are all overpriced, over badged vehicles anyway. I don't know which F-150 Shelby is building upon, but a loaded Platinum edition seems to price around $60,000 & Shelby is marking up $40,000 including parts & labor.

That's not the best vehicle to compare, though. That's being built by an aftermarket company for one that has a partnership with Ford, and they're building them in limited numbers to validate their price.

Plus Shelby products are all overpriced, over badged vehicles anyway. I don't know which F-150 Shelby is building upon, but a loaded Platinum edition seems to price around $60,000 & Shelby is marking up $40,000 including parts & labor.

its the only one i could think of with the similar amount of power.

Back