JGTC S3 Round 1 Race + Results

raceresults1kc.jpg

Round 1
Track : Mid-Field Raceway - 3.56km
Deadline : April 23 @ 9:00PM EST
CLICK HERE to check the time

entrants5xe.jpg

RULES : Standard online racing rules for clean racing applied when ever possible.

Race :

Minimum of 2 wheels on track
Rumble strips are part of the track
No intentional AI contact
No wall riding
No wall touching
No short cutting
No cheating of any kind

Since this is a semi-enduro format (just under 1h each round) we can’t really ask for 100% error free races. But you must still follow the same basic rules layed down for qualifications and use them when ever possible. Since you are racing with other AI cars little incident may occur and result in an excursion off the track, those are normal racing battles. Passing another car should always be done with caution and fair play just like in real life.

SETTINGS

I will ask you to follow me step by step for the settings so that everything is clear and understood by everyone.

GT4 Main Menu ---> Options ---> Arcade

No. Of Laps : 47
Tire Wear : Strong
Driving Aids : None
Penalty : Forced Pit Entry
Time Limit : None

GT4 Main Menu ---> Arcade Mode ---> Single Race ---> Select Track ---> Choose Your Car

Driving Options

Transmission : Your Choice
Tires : Racing Soft (really important, the AI must start on RS tires)
Difficulty : Choice of 9 or 10 for both GT500 and GT300

Quick Tune-Up

Power : Enter The Given Number
Weight : Enter The Given Number
Top Speed : Your choice
Transmission : Your Choice
Tyre Type : Racing
Front Tires : RH, RM, RS
Rear Tires : RH, RM, RS

*RSH and RSS tires are banned this season, a driver getting caught using any of those will get an automatic disqualification for the event*

START THE RACE

TIME SENDING FORMAT

Send your time + replays to eatsviper4lunch@gmail.com
No replays use only GTP PM's

Team :
Driver Name :
Racing Class :

Car No. :
Car :
Power :
Weight :

Total Time :
Best Lap :
Pitting Resume (lap info, tire set used, penalties) :

Okay, had a go at it. Not accustomed to running the long races. Tested the other night and did a race with RS/RS stopping a billion times.

Tonight tried a 4 stopper...

Both dirty with penalties and spins. Races finish time within a second of each other!! Crazy...

So, for a newbie, what is the strategy with regards to tire management. Can you actually make any sort of difference in how many laps a set will last without totally grannying it around?

Will going off reduce tire life significantly?

Thanks to anyone who is willing to share...

-SHig

I'll put in a banker tonite to ensure I have something to submit by the deadline, hopefully I will do better in the race than I did in Quallifying.

Hey eats, when we submit our times do you want to know what laps we pitted on?

SHigSpeed
Okay, had a go at it. Not accustomed to running the long races. Tested the other night and did a race with RS/RS stopping a billion times.

Both dirty with penalties and spins. Races finish time within a second of each other!! Crazy...

So, for a newbie, what is the strategy with regards to tire management. Can you actually make any sort of difference in how many laps a set will last without totally grannying it around?

-SHig

You can actually make a big difference with how many laps a set will last, whether you feel it's grannying or not is up to you.

I know last season with the RX-8 I had to find a "race-pace", usually about 1 to 1.5 seconds slower than the ultimate "WRS-pace", which allowed me 1 or 2 more laps per stint. That allowed me to make fewer stops, which can save a lot of time. I could often shave 20-30 seconds off a total race time by being gentle with the tyres.

Going off may not reduce tyre life significantly, but it can if you spin. Basically any time you can hear the tyres squealing you're reducing their life, quickly. Big slides, big understeer are big no-no's.

Having said that, the RX-8 was vicious for me in eating tyres so you may find it a little different. Also, this seems to be one of the easier tracks in terms of tyre wear so you may be able to push harder.

But just back off the "WRS-pace", try for a neat and precise rhythm and you'll be amazed at the longevity of your tyres.

Just completed my first attempt at this race and I have to say I enjoyed every lap of it, JGTC rocks :)

Interesting...just ran my first race, and this car has some interesting tire wear. Very even, and it presents a variety of opportunities mwahaha :sly: Maybe I can redeem my poor qualy showing after all

Nuvolari
I will assume those drivers without a replay device will also send their times to eatsviper4lunch@gmail.com exactly as in season one, and not in a PM?
:odd: I've always sent mine in PM, I thought the email was for replays only.

SHigSpeed

-SHig
Hey shig, you may also look into running multiple compounds of tires. Say you get 10 laps on RM's and it's a 45 lap race, on your 4th pit at lap 40 switch to RS tires for the last 5 laps. Sometimes I'll use up to 3 different compounds in a JGTC race. In the off-season I've been practicing tire management, trying to get that extra lap out of my tires, by using smoother turning and not pushing for that "hotlap", consistency is the key. Coming from the WRS ,like me, where tire wear means nothing, you quickly learn not to try hotlaps 47 times in a row. Mix and match front and back tires and see how many laps you can get with each. There is really alot of planning and testing of different tire/pit stratagies in the JGTC. This is why I didn't want any more tire restrictions, it's difficult already just having 3 tire compounds to pick from, and every track requires the same amount of testing, which can be tedious. I'll run the main race up to 3 times using different pit and tire strategies. Hope something here helps, you probably knew most of it already.Good luck man, it's gonna be a fun season.

For those new to the series, I just want to emphasize that you *must* race with these settings:

GT4 Main Menu ---> Options ---> Arcade

No. Of Laps : 47
Tire Wear : Strong
Penalty : Forced Pit Entry
Time Limit : None

And also...

*RSH and RSS tires are banned this season, a driver getting caught using any of those will get an automatic disqualification for the event*

Please refer to the first post of this thread for answers to any other questions regarding rules or time sending format.

Nuvolari
TIME SENDING FORMAT

Send your replays to eatsviper4lunch@gmail.com

Eats, regarding the above:

I will assume those drivers without a replay device will also send their times to eatsviper4lunch@gmail.com exactly as in season one, and not in a PM?

Thanks in advance.

Time + Replay = email
Only Time = GTP PM

Replays are not mandatory like qualif since I don't watch the entire race of 1h! It's only to verify the final time and the AI opponents to see if the difficulty was set correctly. :)

Yes, he would be trusted. I don't have the ability to send in replays, yet I won 2 races last season. :)

The only case I can recall of a driver's time been doubted was Rob23 destroying the rest of the field by 1 min! He then never came back to even explain his case. I trust all my guys, but don't abuse by trying to pass me a fast one. :lol: The only thing you'll gain in that case is a lifetime ban!

eatsviper4lunch
Whut?

Replays you save normally stop recording at 40 some minutes.
That depends on the MC space available. Having an MC with lots of space it will save the entire race. Dunno why, but that's how it happens.

eatsviper4lunch
Other than taping the analog stick to fast forward is there a way to skip lap by lap while viewing a replay?
I wish there was.... but never found any other way than wait 20 minutes for an hour replay

jctraduz
That depends on the MC space available. Having an MC with lots of space it will save the entire race. Dunno why, but that's how it happens.

For what it's worth, the best I've done with this 47 laps at Mid-Field is recording to about half-way through the next to last lap. And I tend to save my replay files to a second card and keep the primary one way below capacity with only currently important files saved.

Nuvolari
For what it's worth, the best I've done with this 47 laps at Mid-Field is recording to about half-way through the next to last lap. And I tend to save my replay files to a second card and keep the primary one way below capacity with only currently important files saved.
I had the same problem with the first replays I saved in my participation on S1. I solved the problem when I left at least 725 KB available on MC1. Afterwards, I've always been able to save entire replays.

jctraduz
I wish there was.... but never found any other way than wait 20 minutes for an hour replay

That's odd! I have a Max 32 MB card and I only get about 40-45 minutes. Never close to an hour.

Wish I knew how you did it! :^)

-SHig

I'm with shig on that, I'm using an empty MC card and still only get about 40 minutes.

Having the AI's running on RS's sure is different from them running on RM's like last season. I seem to encounter them a whole lot more, and they can sure be a nasty bunch, they somehow, very mysteriously, know they're not going to be forced into a forced pit so they will jump 30 ft. across the track just to hit you. If they were human, I'd......maybe they are!

Just finished my first complete race, gonna change pit and tire strategy and see what happens. Whoohoo I love the long races!!

Hey shig, could I borrow a monkey or two to spell me every now and again? I'll return them...promise!!

Finished 3 races so far, all on the same strategy and within 2.6 sec. Figured out my tire strategy during the week. I'll give it 2 more shots and that should be it. I'm very pleased with my little Subby.

I could release the replay video tonight but I'm still missing one GT500 file (was sent to me but not working) so it'll go for tomorrow. :)

DRIVEN -USA- send again your file!!!

SHigSpeed
That's odd! I have a Max 32 MB card and I only get about 40-45 minutes. Never close to an hour.

Wish I knew how you did it! :^)

-SHig
I don't know either. Had the same problem. someone told me to release space on MC1 and I made it work when I reached the 725 KB mark ...... can't help any further on this.

On the replay length issue, I seriously doubt it has anything to do with how much space you have on the MC. The game doesn't stream to the MC, nor will it save mid-race. It has to do with the size of the replay buffer in memory on the PS2. Some races use more than others. Maybe some PS2s have larger caches? :odd:

Alot of things I hear left and right, a high level of competition and some already have big pressure on their shoulders. :P From my point of view S2 will eclipse anything seen before.

I was checking tonight to see who exactly has been with the JGTC since the very start. In the end I found out we are 4. Those guys are the reason why you're racing at the moment in this series, they gave a chance to my project so we could get started. My total respect you 3 have it for sticking around in the good and the bad days...was there actually a bad day in the JGTC history?? :lol: Maybe for ZeratulSG the day he lost the GT300 Championship to DRIVEN -USA- by 2pts for submitting his qualification late and getting 10 seconds added to his race time! :lol: :lol: JGTC drivers get on your knees and welcome this select group of drivers.

1- SOYFU
2- ZERATULSG
3- DRIVEN -USA-
4- EATSVIPER4LUNCH

Hope I don't look like a tard and actually forgot someone. :rolleyes: :P :lol:

Back