July update - How different will the new physics be?

• Thread starter wheelhp
  • 16 comments
How on earth are any of us going to know? It's not out - we have all experienced it as much as you have.

From what I gather people in the know seem to say it’s quite significant, but what that means exactly is anyone’s guess until the 25th!

Could literally be anything - but the article mentions new tyres, so could be an updated tyre model... Or just new variants of tyre using the existing model.

Didnt the race on stream already use the new physics?
If so, then it would be possible to try to make comparable laps (by those with the skills) and then see what is different.
Though it didnt look like the tyrewear difference between the cars has changed, to me it looked almost identical, just cant say anything about the speed differences that fresh and worn tyres should experience.

One thing I’d like to change about the physics is the way some cars easily begin to rotate under braking. It can be managed with delicate inputs, but regardless the effect is too dramatic in some cars, such as R35 GT-R, R8 V10 Plus and Civic Type-R (FL5). Other than that I hope the changes aren’t too drastic.

It would be nice to fix the suspension geometry under load. When I have negative camber at touring car levels, loading the outside tyre in a corner still show the camber hasn’t changed, the tyre should be in full contact with the road. Some rendering in my photos show air between the edge of the outside tyres and the road.

How on earth are any of us going to know? It's not out - we have all experienced it as much as you have.
I mean, to the uninitiated, it would look like we have a monthly thread dedicated to predicting the future.

I think its going to be mostly rally and tire phyisics. Michelin probably doesn't want ANY of the tires with their name on them to perform poorly.

Latest Posts

Back