La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

Maybe that's a dumb question but what happens when you do this with a Taycan? Do you run out of energy?

I run lately one ( don't remember what ) of the EV's and you are " refueling" short of at the pits.
Of course its a waist of time , credits and effort all those EV's since they can't last two laps 🤣 .
EV means more like "Evaporate " than anything else . Are the Kings of Junk when its about driving.

I run lately one ( don't remember what ) of the EV's and you are " refueling" short of at the pits.
Of course its a waist of time , credits and effort all those EV's since they can't last two laps 🤣 .
EV means more like "Evaporate " than anything else . Are the Kings of Junk when its about driving.
I only have the Taycan and the Tesla so far and at least the Tesla is indeed useless 'cause it's just too slow.
IRL I like those cars. Tesla Plaid, Porsche Taycan, Rimac Nevera.....insane acceleration! Especially the Rimac, this thing is faster then an F1 and it's street legal.

I only have the Taycan and the Tesla so far and at least the Tesla is indeed useless 'cause it's just too slow.
IRL I like those cars. Tesla Plaid, Porsche Taycan, Rimac Nevera.....insane acceleration! Especially the Rimac, this thing is faster then an F1 and it's street legal.
EVs are nice just not in GT7 I have tried the taycan and the tesla at le man and you have a better chance at winning that race in a go kart.:lol:

I ran a few races this weekend and they all were similar in the weather patterns, half way into lap two i see light blue creeping in the weather radar, in lap three it's fully covered and there are some dark blue spots here and there and when a small spot crosses the center i do get some rain but nothing more than stage 1 accumulation. I make it through lap four with only stage 1 accumulation and RH tyres and pit for fuel only and run out the remaining laps (usually 7 total) for the win.
Four times i ran this weekend i had the same similar results, i am still believing that PD had lessened the weather for this race and in doing this i believe the randomness of the races has gone.

I ran a few races this weekend and they all were similar in the weather patterns, half way into lap two i see light blue creeping in the weather radar, in lap three it's fully covered and there are some dark blue spots here and there and when a small spot crosses the center i do get some rain but nothing more than stage 1 accumulation. I make it through lap four with only stage 1 accumulation and RH tyres and pit for fuel only and run out the remaining laps (usually 7 total) for the win.
Four times i ran this weekend i had the same similar results, i am still believing that PD had lessened the weather for this race and in doing this i believe the randomness of the races has gone.
I cannot agree on that...weather still quite random in my races at least...
Even when there is the usual lap 3 rain(which occures in 40-50% of my races, sometimes already starting early in lap 2), the outcome is quite different-sometimes dry again in lap 5, sometimes still wet in lap 6 and just a thin dry corridor in lap 7, sometimes even more rain in lap 5 and 6...

@Sir Crashalot This 2 pictures say it all.:lol:
Gran Turismo® 7_20231016121509.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231016121559.jpg

First lap will always start dry, then around the Porsche curves on lap2 it’ll either rain or be dry for the rest of the race at random combinations, with it usually ending on a dry racing line

First lap will always start dry, then around the Porsche curves on lap2 it’ll either rain or be dry for the rest of the race at random combinations, with it usually ending on a dry racing line
It can also start to rain later on in lap 3 or in lap 5(without raining before, although that doesn't happen to frequently) and you not always get a completely dry racing line at the end

@GlockPants Good job but how did you manage 4 laps from the fxxk?

I play in MT and use short shift with it and I still can only manage 3 laps.
I had to run it again with the FXX-K just to make sure I wasn't misremembering.

And yes, I was able to get 4 laps at FM-6 with my tune. You might be more familiar with what's stock, I only have one of these cars. But I don't remember buying any upgrades for the car, but there is a fully customizable ECU. Other than that, it's just modifications to the power restrictor and ballast.

18b397c214c25-screenshotUrl.jpg

As info:
Playing on PSVR2 and wheel
MT, TC-0
Hard AI

Race was dry for the most part. I swapped to IM tires at the end of Lap 4 because it looked like I might need them. Probably could've kept the RH tires on though.

18b397c4ea84-screenshotUrl.jpg

I'm working on uploading the VR gameplay from the race, but it's 32 minutes long and will take a while. I'll edit this post once I have it up on YouTube.

I had to run it again with the FXX-K just to make sure I wasn't misremembering.

And yes, I was able to get 4 laps at FM-6 with my tune. You might be more familiar with what's stock, I only have one of these cars. But I don't remember buying any upgrades for the car, but there is a fully customizable ECU. Other than that, it's just modifications to the power restrictor and ballast.

View attachment 1295773

As info:
Playing on PSVR2 and wheel
MT, TC-0
Hard AI

Race was dry for the most part. I swapped to IM tires at the end of Lap 4 because it looked like I might need them. Probably could've kept the RH tires on though.

View attachment 1295777

I'm working on uploading the VR gameplay from the race, but it's 32 minutes long and will take a while. I'll edit this post once I have it up on YouTube.
I wonder if running 600hp is overall limiting my laps by 1 gonna try your 546hp to see.

@Chikane_GTR

I'll just make a new post here instead of editing my old post. I wanted to include some time stamps where you can see me check fuel and provide some additional info that might muddy up the old post.

Laps 1 - 4 are at FM-6 until I pit.

Lap 2 - 04:22 - Fuel at 79% 3.8 est. laps

Lap 3 - 08:48 - Fuel at 59% 2.8 est. laps

Lap 4 - 13:14 - Fuel at 37% 1.7 est. laps *P1

Pit/Lap 5 - 17:34

Laps 5 - 7 are at FM-6 until Tertre Rouge, FM-1 until Indianapolis exit, back to FM-6.

Lap 6 - 22:51 - Fuel apx. 65% didn't get a good look here

Lap 7 - 27:08 - Fuel at 36%

Finish race with less than 5% fuel remaining. I had a VR glitch that threw me off before the final chicanes and for some reason the MFD went back to the course map.

Not that I think you doubted me, but it's kinda cool seeing a VR replay.

@Chikane_GTR

I'll just make a new post here instead of editing my old post. I wanted to include some time stamps where you can see me check fuel and provide some additional info that might muddy up the old post.

Laps 1 - 4 are at FM-6 until I pit.

Lap 2 - 04:22 - Fuel at 79% 3.8 est. laps

Lap 3 - 08:48 - Fuel at 59% 2.8 est. laps

Lap 4 - 13:14 - Fuel at 37% 1.7 est. laps *P1

Pit/Lap 5 - 17:34

Laps 5 - 7 are at FM-6 until Tertre Rouge, FM-1 until Indianapolis exit, back to FM-6.

Lap 6 - 22:51 - Fuel apx. 65% didn't get a good look here

Lap 7 - 27:08 - Fuel at 36%

Finish race with less than 5% fuel remaining. I had a VR glitch that threw me off before the final chicanes and for some reason the MFD went back to the course map.

Not that I think you doubted me, but it's kinda cool seeing a VR replay.

No I never doubted you that's the great thing about being a member of this great site we learn from each other.👍

Your setup is more fuel efficient then my and so far your setup can reach 4 laps but my game wont let me do a 4th lap 5 times in roll now heavy rain starting on lap 3.:(

I'll try a few more later hopefully I get a dry race.

EDIT - see what I mean 7 races in a roll with heavy rain my game must be broken or a update is near.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231016195044.jpg

Last edited:
Today I took a bird and a beetle to le man.:lol::)

Plymouth Superbird 1970 (Semi-tune)

Handling is decent for a old timer but its really tail happy and will try to spin you out at every turn.
Braking is decent.
3 Laps on FM6.

Weather -
Heavy rain for the 8 Race in a roll on lap 5
No 7th Lap.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231016204648.jpg

Volkswagen Beetle 66' - Engine swap (fully tune)

Handling is wild at heart.
Brakes are meh to ok.
3 to 4 Laps on FM6.

Weather-
Heavy rain 9 in a roll and counting late lap 3 till lap 5.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231016211154.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231016212727.jpg

Both are fun but a hand full to handle but atleast they both got the credits I spent on them back.:sly:
Gran Turismo® 7_20231016212734.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday i took my RB junior , put RS on it and did one race without rain at all that lead to 7 laps race.
I had many months to run with it and is one of the cheapest alternatives for this race.
At the end i was wondering if he can do 8 laps race but i don't see it possible.

I may try this, I love the kart😄
Well, I really wanted to try this yesterday but the game told me that there are no racing tires for the racing kart🤔
I then checked all the available races and it looks like there are exactly 2 that you can enter with the kart 😕

No I never doubted you that's the great thing about being a member of this great site we learn from each other.👍

Your setup is more fuel efficient then my and so far your setup can reach 4 laps but my game wont let me do a 4th lap 5 times in roll now heavy rain starting on lap 3.:(

I'll try a few more later hopefully I get a dry race.

EDIT - see what I mean 7 races in a roll with heavy rain my game must be broken or a update is near.
I think I prefer the earlier rain. I like the flexibility a 4 lap car can give you, but most cars that can make that feel neutered, so to speak. Especially cars that need to be detuned to meet the 700 PP requirements.

Give me ALL the rain, or none.

I've found most Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars will make at least 3 laps at FM-1. My preferred weather for this race requires a pit at lap 3 for Inters/fuel and go into fuel saving mode for the last 4 laps while the track is wet.

I think I prefer the earlier rain. I like the flexibility a 4 lap car can give you, but most cars that can make that feel neutered, so to speak. Especially cars that need to be detuned to meet the 700 PP requirements.

Give me ALL the rain, or none.

I've found most Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars will make at least 3 laps at FM-1. My preferred weather for this race requires a pit at lap 3 for Inters/fuel and go into fuel saving mode for the last 4 laps while the track is wet.

7 laps with rain means only hard level, am i right ?
The only way to do 7 laps ,is when its dry and am forced to do it .
If rain comes ,i wanna get over with it.

I want to know what is it with the penalty multiplier when it is wet conditions?
I cut a corner in the Ford chicane and it was dry/ sunny and I get the usual 0.5 second penalty, on the same corner in wet conditions I cut it the same way and I get a 2.0 second penalty!
why?

I want to know what is it with the penalty multiplier when it is wet conditions?
I cut a corner in the Ford chicane and it was dry/ sunny and I get the usual 0.5 second penalty, on the same corner in wet conditions I cut it the same way and I get a 2.0 second penalty!
why?

Penalties at rain conditions are HUGE , especially during the rain .
Sometimes you get out and you get 2 penalties that come as one at 30 or more seconds.
I had a conversation with another member about that and the conclusion was that you get such a huge penalties cause you have lost control of the car having much more speed that the conditions allow.
You might get out on same spot during the race and nothing happens,but at rain especially if you are on wrong tyres ( dry instead of wets or intermediate) you pay a heavy price for loosing control and get out .

7 laps with rain means only hard level, am i right ?
The only way to do 7 laps ,is when its dry and am forced to do it .
If rain comes ,i wanna get over with it.
I've been on Hard difficulty from the start. Usually I get rain at the end of Lap 2 or 3, a second rain on Lap 5, the track will typically stay wet until Lap 6 and will be bright and sunny on Lap 7. I only find myself only doing 6 laps if the rain is especially heavy during both rain events.

Atleast your guys game isn't broken like my how do you explain 10 straight races with heavy rain?

Not that I mind cause all it means it'll be a 6 lap race but still.

Last edited:
Atleast your guys game isn't broken like my how do you explain 10 straight races with heavy rain?

I met all types of weather the game can provide, i mean all types and not only one time , but so many races with rain in a row i never experience .
Perhaps something wrong with the zone that someone lives , maybe are different servers or i don't know what else might be .

I met all types of weather the game can provide, i mean all types and not only one time , but so many races with rain in a row i never experience .
Perhaps something wrong with the zone that someone lives , maybe are different servers or i don't know what else might be .
At this point I'm convinced it's pseudo-random. Meaning what time in the race rain appears is scripted, the only random variable is the intensity to which it rains.

Similar to how the Roulette wheel might make you believe there is a chance to be rewarded with any of the prizes shown, but the result was already randomly determined when you got the ticket.

Last edited:
At this point I'm convinced it's pseudo-random. Meaning what time in the race rain appears is scripted, the only random variable is the intensity to which it rains.

Similar to how the Roulette wheel might make you believe there is a chance to be rewarded with any of the prizes shown, but the result was already randomly determined when you got the ticket.
Nope...rain can start as early as lap 2, most of the time it will start at in 3, but it is also possible for the first rain to start in lap 5-it is definitely not scripted for the rain to start in lap 3...and there are plenty more variables(for example heavy rain in lap three says nothing about how soon the track will dry up again...)

But does the possibility of rain really depend in the difficulty ?(since I usually play in medium difficulty I didn't know, that there might be a difference)
Would be funny enough, if the chances for rain are higher on hardest difficulty, because rain makes it easier to win that race and not more difficult(at least, as long the AI does change their tires in the way as they do now...)

Last edited:
In GT Sport I used to feel the way things happen in the egames were due to o when the egames was bought. Sure, each month would be an update and maybe some algorithms get changed. However, it just feels(I'm obviously not a computer wiz or actually know how programming in GT operates) as though some older programming is still operating for players that bought the game on debut and maybe different for players that bought the game at later dates. Even if that's absolutely not the case, it seems was a factor to me.

In GT7, the roulette seems like the same. With this weather, as pointed out, the intensity seems like the main factor. Though, I do have emany races with back to back dry conditions. Since this event been added.

@Batschisane52

I think you're misunderstanding exactly what I mean.

If it were truly random, we'd have races that could start with rain. I've never seen it. I've never seen any post here report it.

If it were truly random, we'd have races that were raining on Lap 7. I've never seen it. I've never seen any post here report it.

If it were truly random, we'd have purple rain (RIP Prince). I've never seen it. I've never seen any post here report it.

My assertion is that since it isn't truly random, it is thus, scripted. But to a degree it appears random
Nope...rain can start as early as lap 2
It can start at the end of Lap 2. But never the beginning. I'd be curious more about a what time in the race rain starts. Could be you were slower in one race vs another?
most of the time it will start at in 3
Yes, I agree. This is typical.
but it is also possible for the first rain to start in lap 5
My assertion is that there are two scripted rain occurrences, each with an independent likelihood of occuring and each with of random intensity. Once between Laps 2 and 3. A period of calm on Lap 4. The other on Lap 5.
it is definitely not scripted for the rain to start in lap 3...and there are plenty more variables(for example heavy rain in lap three says nothing about how soon the track will dry up again...)
In my experience, the rain period on Lap 5 is brief, never extending much into Lap 6, if at all, and a dry line will form by the end of Lap 6, provided there was rain during Lap 5. I believe that a dry line typically won't form after the first period of rain during laps 2 or 3. I don't know precisely why.
But does the possibility of rain really depend in the difficulty ?(since I usually play in medium difficulty I didn't know, that there might be a difference)
Would be funny enough, if the chances for rain are higher on hardest difficulty, because rain makes it easier to win that race and not more difficult(at least, as long the AI does change their tires in the way as they do now...)
I assert that difficulty doesn't affect weather chances or intensity. Simply based on other's posts here are very similar to mine and users such as @smoothbore12 or @Chikane_GTR have discussed their difficult settings before. Also, your post is evidence that we are experiencing the same types of weather, too

I'm not trying to put you on blast, I just feel as though I may have defended my position and perhaps explained further why I believe what I do.

Pseudorandomness Wikipedia

As someone that has grinded le man hundreds of times now I yet to see it start raining before the end of lap 2 and I have also yet to see it still be raining by the end of lap 6.

But for science and as the only one that can grind like mad I'm gonna do a experiment over the new few days.

I'm gonna take my ultimate grind to le man for the next few days.

Gonna keep track of

When it starts to rain.
What lap it starts to rain.
What lap rain ends.
If heavy Rain needing IM tires.
If light rain or just rain not needing IM tires.
For how many laps it rains for.

I'll post my results on Saturday.👍

As someone that has grinded le man hundreds of times now I yet to see it start raining before the end of lap 2 and I have also yet to see it still be raining by the end of lap 6.

But for science and as the only one that can grind like mad I'm gonna do a experiment over the new few days.

I'm gonna take my ultimate grind to le man for the next few days.

Gonna keep track of

When it starts to rain.
What lap it starts to rain.
What lap rain ends.
If heavy Rain needing IM tires.
If light rain or just rain not needing IM tires.
For how many laps it rains for.

I'll post my results on Saturday.👍
I look forward to seeing your results!

If I may offer some testing parameters, to reduce any external variables, you might use the same car each run starting on the same type tire.

Also, you might consider changing the difficulty setting and running your experiment to verify if there are any differences or not.

Lastly, since you'll be checking the time when things happen, I'd suggest also recording when the radar first shows signs of rain. I do remember some races that were entirely dry that never had rain make it to the track but the radar was still showing rain a long way off.

Good grinding!

Back