La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

perfect weather for valkyrie, heavy rain🌧️ from lap 3 to 7.
View attachment 1293526
View attachment 1293528

What tyres you was racing with ?
Heavy wet all the way ?
When i try to set Valkyrie first time, couldn't bring her down to 700 pp .
At least on RH tyres .

@kjb don't " bother " with lap times , its a matter of experience with the car itself, weather permitted and penalties permitted 😂 .
At FM6 laps are around 4.12 .
At FM4 lower and at FM3 that i use on 7th lap can move around 4.06-4.07 if penalty not involved.
For sure at FM4 can do 3 laps with some spare of fuel and if someone using MT gears perhaps is possible 3 laps at FM3 .

Am below average my self,its just that i run there so many times and i " know " ( short of ) what the car and my self need to do or not to do.

The only thing you need to take care is the brakes cause isn't a light car and late braking might cause you a trouble.
Am waiting for your impressions mate .

Last edited:
@engrmariano @smoothbore12

How long will full wets last on a dry track?

I burn through the inters fast.

Are you still able to control your cars when your tires are full red?

I never try full wets to know how long they live ,i usually use intermediate tyres that in some cases last for 7 laps.
Depends on the car and the " aero " he has on how they will last.
Also i never try Valkyrie but i guess they will last for 2-3 laps .

Yes , if he has significant aerodynamic force you don't have problems with handling, once i did 4 laps with full red on a R92CP and wasn't hard at all.
Of course that doesn't happen with every car but some don't have problems to go on.
I think Valkyrie is one of them due to aero settings but need to test it since its full wets and not intermediate ones.

@Chikane_GTR i run it one time only , to justify the money i spent 🤣
Ill give it a try in the upcoming days.
If you have any settings ill be glad to test them.

@GlockPants about tyres question .

I try Valkyrie with full wets at la sarthe 700pp.
No problems at all with tyres ( isn't go and that fast anyway) .
I put FM3 for first 3 laps , FM1 for the rest 3 which lead yo run out of fuel ( hopefully i wasn't far ) and didn't change the full red tyres ( last only one lap at dry ) and FM1 for last lap.
Isn't something " special " anyway but wasn't hard in any case .

I was wondering why still on second lap i have cars in front of me 🤔
Then i realise that was on hard level from yesterday RSR race.

Rain caught me at 3rd lap , did 7 laps a bit over 30.32 and faster lap at 4.19 but i wasn't the fastest of the race.

@smoothbore12 You may wanna give the 917 another try.:lol:

Its funny cause I have all 13 colors for this car but it wasn't till I got a free 14 I gave it a try.

FM1 on lap 8.:lol:
Since your faster then me you can no doubt get more time.👍
Gran Turismo® 7_20231009142627.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231009142859.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231009142910.jpg

Last edited:
@smoothbore12 You may wanna give the 917 another try.:lol:

Its funny cause I have all 13 colors for this car but it wasn't till I got a free 14 I gave it a try.

FM1 on lap 8.:lol:
Since your faster then me you can no doubt get more time.👍
View attachment 1293794View attachment 1293795View attachment 1293796

Am not faster , leave your excuses aside 🤣
Am just more " persistent " than you, till i get what i want .
Its stock or you have some tune about her ?

Today i run the swapped Porsche 911 gt3 09 .
Rain hit the track but i have the feeling is very fast car there .
Its possible to be the faster road car ( drivable of course) out there.
Unfortunately i did weight reduction but all others are dead stock , no wide body no aero etc.
I start FM6 and after rain put it at FM1 but wasn't a dry track.
Ill try it again tomorrow 😉

Am not faster , leave your excuses aside 🤣
Am just more " persistent " than you, till i get what i want .
Its stock or you have some tune about her ?

Today i run the swapped Porsche 911 gt3 09 .
Rain hit the track but i have the feeling is very fast car there .
Its possible to be the faster road car ( drivable of course) out there.
Unfortunately i did weight reduction but all others are dead stock , no wide body no aero etc.
I start FM6 and after rain put it at FM1 but wasn't a dry track.
Ill try it again tomorrow 😉
I wasn't using a excuse I was giving you a complement since you have run faster laps then me with the F1 95 and the enzo.

Anyway its stock only IM tires and manual transmission.👍

What tyres you was racing with ?
Heavy wet all the way ?
When i try to set Valkyrie first time, couldn't bring her down to 700 pp .
At least on RH tyres .
I have a sub 700PP setup for the Valkyrie on RH tyres, i'm at work but as soon as i get home tonight i will post here and in the other thread of Le Sarthe favorite cars...

Last edited:
The programming needs to show weather in the pit stop. It’s damn silly it’s accelerating because the cut scene skips meters through pit entry->pit box. I switch for IM at th start of green rain and come out to light blue rain. Burn the aAI S for a lap. Pit for RH and quarter of the lap, green rain appears. Could save me a pit stop with the radar during the stop. Never mind we can’t amend tyre choice during a pit stop.

I have a sub 700PP setup for the Valkyrie on RH tyres, i'm at work but as soon as i get home tonight i will post here and in the other thread of Le Sarthe favorite cars...
I got home, checked my Valkyrie and I stand corrected, I do not have a sub-700pp setup for this car, I believed I did but I sadly was wrong, please accept my humble apologies. 😢😭😢

Yesterday I run two times a swapped Porsche 911 09 .
The weather was fine ( two dry races ) but i wasn't.
This car is damn fast and most important drivable.
Am gonna make and a second version, starting from scratch with no weight reduction and wide body this time.
Ill try it stock settings and tuned step by step to see which is the better option in terms of drivability first and performance second.
Might take me few days but it worth the " trouble " .
It's an under 4.00 minutes car ( my best till now 3.55 high ) but as always am looking for a steady , easy and fuel economical version to find the best package.
So am gonna start step by step and I'll do my reports.

If anyone else is interested about it ,ill be glad to share informations .

@Chikane_GTR I'll try the 917 when i finish this one first .

Last edited:
Finally i did my " time " today on the swapped 911 09.
I guess ( if nothing else saw up ) this is my best settings equalising fuel consumption and performance.

Wide body
Rims wide,all wide .
Aero front, side , NOT in rear ( diffuser ) and back the high aero.
IMG_20231011_213625201.jpg

Fm6 first 4 laps ( easy on AT )
I did some coasting exiting the pits and set FM1 for the last 2 laps but my fastest one was carrying a 1 sec.penalty 😥 .
At the 7th lap was held back at the traffic,lost two seconds but at the end i was faster !!!
Unfortunately i had to wait at finish straight due to all above.
A 3.53- 52 is possible at FM1 .
At FM3 you can run 3 laps without saving " gimmicks" .
IMG_20231011_213739393_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231011_213814101_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231011_213757129_HDR.jpg

This car is damn good.
Suspension tuning is directly grom praiano 63
Tomorrow its time for 917 living legend.

Last edited:
You will like the the Living Legend. It's a fun drive I haven't used it at LeMans in awhile. I might have to try it out. I had stopped using it because I had jacked the up my 700 pp tune trying to get it down to 600 pp for Tokyo. I probably need to delete that setup and start from scratch

Been running a detuned AMG GT3 Evo. No rain in two consecutive races. Been one stopping with 4:10 laps and about 10 seconds past the half hour mark.

8 laps no pit stop.:sly:👍:lol:

Engine swap RX-8.👍

Sadly there are some downside to this build.

1st. Handling is tight and heavy
2nd. Brakes suck and I mean SUCK even if upgraded.
3rd. RH tires only last 6 laps so you will be running on dead tires for the rest of the race.

Gran Turismo® 7_20231012081825.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231012081837.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231012081847.jpg

Last edited:
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 Engine swap.

The good.
Better handling.
Better brakes.
Better top speed

The bad.
RH tires also dead by lap 5.:lol:

Man I love the 787B engine wish you could put that engine into every car.:lol:
Gran Turismo® 7_20231012110808.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20231012110824.jpg

Last edited:
a few questions directed to the regular grinders here in thread...
A) VGT or not VGT?
B) are you nice to the AI or do you push them around and out of the way at times?

Last night's race was rain-free. 1st time ever it happens on 2 straight races.

Had to do 7 laps, but it was ok. I mostly prefer rain because it means the race is just 6 laps long.

A) VGT or not VGT?
B) are you nice to the AI or do you push them around and out of the way at times?
A) anything goes
B) nice but watch out for them in the first lap, first sector, the chicane the Ferrari will try to kill you, S du tertre rouge the 86 will try kill you, any car directly in front of you before virage will brake super early or run too deep and mess up their exit with a dangerous rejoin, rest of the race AI are fine

Last edited:
A) VGT or not VGT?
A) I'm Ok with VGT
B) I take no :redflag: from the AI if they block me I push them aside. If they hit me I hit back.
But overall the only time I see the AI is in the first lap when I'm passing or later when I lap them.(if)

Back