La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

The AI in the rain in this race is just pure comedy.:lol:

@smoothbore12 Prove the F1 GTR 97 is better then the 95 version by doing 8 laps and a faster lap time then 4:02.:)

I never said that can do 4.02 , i said that can DEFINITELY do 8 laps as EVERY other car that can lap at 4.10 and lower for ONE stop .
That means 4 laps capability at whatever FM is.

And since you are " unfaithful " 🤣
Try it for your self .
IMG_20230930_171930283.jpg

IMG_20230930_172026135.jpg

IMG_20230930_172044323.jpg

IMG_20230930_171850240.jpg

You must have at least 15 seconds " spare " time to pass finish straight before deadline.

I can't make 4.02 with 4 laps consumption, but maybe will be close to that at 3 laps , i don't know,i didn't try it .
As it is ,a perfect lap for my average skills, could be at 4.05 .

EDIT
Now i found out what the 97 model is and what the 95 one.
Are both bmw powered but i never drive the 95 " kaihatsu " version 😊

I don't even know what fuel map wanted for 4 laps but logically will be faster in FM1 than 97 model since what i did was at FM1 ( 4 laps ) and very low hp .
Give me your settings to try it but don't ask about fuel savings etc.
I had already bad week with road cars with 1 or 2 laps mileage 🤣 .

Last edited:
So you failed while you did 8 laps the car couldn't run a 4:02.😜
F1 GTR 95>>>>F1 GTR 97.:lol:

@Smoothbore have you tired engine swap cars?
:lol:

Last edited:
So you failed while you did 8 laps the car couldn't run a 4:02.😜
F1 GTR 95>>>>F1 GTR 97.:lol:

@Smoothbore have you tired engine swap cars?
:lol:
I ain't fail , don't be " bad " 😂
I never talk about lap times, i said about the 8 lap territory.

No i don't do swapped cars , just read after the update for the Cayman and since was cheap engine ( 250k ) i did it in order to find a road car that can run below 4 minutes and able to do at least 3 laps on AT gears .
Still i didn't find any to cover those two aspects 🤐

Edit
I look your post with the 95 GTR and i understand what you did 😂
You choose FM1 -2 or something like that for the 7th lap, that's how 4.02 occurs.
Of course then you was coasting to the death in order to finish 😊
Am i right ?

Last edited:

No i don't do swapped cars , just read after the update for the Cayman and since was cheap engine ( 250k ) i did it in order to find a road car that can run below 4 minutes and able to do at least 3 laps on AT gears .

Edit
You choose FM1 -2 or something like that for the 7th lap, that's how 4.02 occurs.
Am i right ?
I tried your Fina tune and get down to 4:11.6 with an optimal time of 4:10.7. Unfortunately the heavens opened at the end of lap four so I needed wet tyres for the remaining three laps.

Normally laps 6 and 7 are my fastest laps.

Edit. I followed up with the F1 '95. I was faster on the first lap and did a 4:08.9 on lap two with an optimum time of 4:07:4. I ran out of fuel on the third lap.

It has less downforce than the '97 more fuel but uses it up quicker and most of all, as a VR player, the '97 has a lap counter on the dash. That more than anything else will keep me in the '97.

@Chikane_GTR

Last edited:

Edit
Am i right ?
Yes the f1 95 is able to run 4:02 on FM1 while the 97 F1 GTR cant.;)

That's a big difference I can run more HP on the 95 then on the 97 which is why the fuel consumption is worse on the 95.

So my point is if I run FM 4 I can get -4:10 times but at the cost of fewer laps.

But I have no ill will against the 97 f1 gtr I like it I just think that in the le man race the 95 is faster.

@Tired Tyres Yeah its best not to run any FM below 4 from the start FM4 at most and you can get up to 4 laps.

Last edited:
I tried your Fina tune and get down to 4:11.6 with an optimal time of 4:10.7. Unfortunately the heavens opened at the end of lap four so I needed wet tyres for the remaining three laps.

Normally laps 6 and 7 are my fastest laps.

Edit. I followed up with the F1 '95. I was faster on the first lap and did a 4:08.9 on lap two with an optimum time of 4:07:4. I ran out of fuel on the third lap.

It has less downforce than the '97 more fuel but uses it up quicker and most of all, as a VR player, the '97 has a lap counter on the dash. That more than anything else will keep me in the '97.

@Chikane_GTR
I am experiment with the turbo's on 97 with my tune and am down to 4.04's .
Am dead sure that can do a faster 8 lap race than 95 @Chikane_GTR preference.
I was that close to get in to it with intermediate tyres due to rain.

I saved the replay and i will upload my lap tomorrow, its already late night here , can't do it now .

Billionaire, don't take an oath that is faster on full race trim .
Might do lower times at FM1 but its only for one lap .
Ill try yours to see what i could get on FM1 tomorrow,and since you keep " secret" your settings, ill try mine with your 95 " love" 😘

Last edited:
Here is my lap with " Fina "

Today was a disappointing day ...
Disappointment from fishing.....
Disappointment from tickets.....
Disappointment from the car i race .....
At least we have good weather and I'll go out to eat with Mary.

Last edited:
Hello, sorry I've been away from GT7 for a time, my life does have some responsibilities to family etc...

POST 1.38 Update report

I have been grinding with my free time after i got home from work on Friday night (actually 1am Sat morning) and from then to now i have accomplished 14 races according to the mileage of roughly 58 miles (7 laps) per race and some were 6 lap races in there too.
In my opinion after the 1.38 update is that the weather conditions have reverted back to the heavy standards we all know and love. eg rains appear in radar in lap 2, start hard rains in lap 3 with stage 3 accumulation, and rains going away in lap 4 and sun shines in lap 5 and / or 6. In the 14 races i have done so far only THREE were light rain enough i did not have to change to IM tyres.

I have three accounts, all are now at 50 collector level. My main has the most cars to draw upon to race with and is currently at 43 million and change. My 2nd has 20.5 milion and a smaller collection of cars, few high priced ones, and was the one i was playing on for the entire month of September to build up my bankroll and have the ability to get some of the classic cars in my collection. in doing this run of the month i collected 29 tickets and redeemed them for just a little over a million in credits, 5 duplicate cars, 2 invites (Bugatti and Citroen) and some mediocre parts.
I now have started the Month of October on my 3rd and least used account with a different plan of grinding. Since i have not used this account much, I have few cars to grind with with exception to the obvious Gr. C cars and the few i have acquired to race in the daily races. I have started this month with a bankroll of 13 million and with each and every race I do this month i will buy another new Gr.3 / Gr.4 / Gr.2 car and race the next race with the new car and continue to buy one new car with the 825K i collect at each win. I hope to have a good collection of race cars in my garage by the end of the month.

I will keep issuing weather reports and will try to keep up with car reports...

@smoothbore12

4:01.699 So again F1 GTR 95>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>F1 GTR 97😜
And it wasn't even a clean lap as I made a few mistakes since it rained on lap 3/4.

😜

I can't play with manual gears as you do.
Nice ride mate , very nice .
Ok it's faster but still i don't like her.
Am too old for such a fast cars 🤣

Two races last night when i got home from work, the first started ok with the usual sunny laps of 1 & 2 then the rains hit and hit hard in third, luckily i changed to IMs at end of 2nd. the rains dumped a high stage 3 accumulation which stayed stage 3 through the 4th lap too, the rains stopped at beginning of 5 and track was drying out but with the very heavy rains and my driving slower than usual, the time ran out before the end of the 6th lap and was still in stage 2 accumulation.
The second race was surprisingly opposite, sunny for laps 1, 2, and 3 with clouds appearing in radar but no rain fell on track, pushed my VW Beetle Gr.3 for 4 laps with FM6 and pitted for fuel only and and had sunny laps until i finished at lap 7

more tonight

He was " lost " for two days, trying yo get down from 4.02's to improve that 95 model is superior car .
Might be faster due to pp regulations but the best " package" is the Long tail one .
No 1 was lost I was grinding to get credits back to 95m so far.

and there's nothing the 97 can do that the 95 cant while also being able to run a faster lap time.;)

Last edited:
Just had the worst Le man race ever.:lol:

First I fell victim to the spin. (note never try to go fast when heavy rain and your on RH tires):lol:

Inside view enjoy.:lol:

Then waiting to finish at 6 laps I miss time it and had to forcefully do a 7th lap.:banghead::lol:
At the end of the gif you can tell I was mad.:irked:

How many miles you have on your 95 McLaren @Chikane_GTR ?

A ha , that much......
Ok then , ill give you one and another one reasons to " weep " 😂

Same race 2 times under 4.00
And if wasn't the silly gimmicks of fuel savin crap and had just two laps in a row , i could be lower .
Of course am not gonna " share " my settings since you had set it very good as you wrote 😁

Weep Number 1

IMG_20231005_220939304_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231005_220910326_HDR.jpg

Weep Number 2

Last edited:
Yesterday something strange happens, racing at la sarthe and facing a very very light rain at lap 3 , the rain indicator even on sunny dry conditions, keep showing almost up to the first line the entire race even at 7th lap👀 .
Its like having a continuous moisture on the track but everything was dry .
Don't know is someone else experience that or is just a weather glitch after last update.
It was the first time that happened.

Saved up and bought me the McLaren F1 Longtail and a nice car it is...
Had a light weather time at La Sarthe and was lucky to pull off a 7 lap no stop race!
18b0333e18663-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_434320805002956_1696565644542.jpg
McLaren F1 GTR Race Car
Top speed - 155 Mph @ sector 2
Fastest Lap - 4:19.655
Fuel Mapping - 6 Laps on FM6 and you can push a 7th with conservative driving, ie coasting in places.
The setup below is a quick and dirty setup, just adjusted the aero package, adjusted the ECU and power restrictor, added ballast in front for balance and because I reduced the front downforce. Looking for better setup.
18b0333cb4564-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_434320802588034_1696565635109.jpg
18b03372cef99-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_434320808530087_1696565658320.jpg

Its a great car , isn't @jrbabbitt ?
Handles better than 95 but the pp kill it since has significant lower power than 95 model.
Perhaps that for has way better fuel economy.
I think that at FM1 can do 4 laps and is more " alive " .

Yesterday i made 2 runs , one with a wv vgt and one with ford Mustang gr3.

The WV was a disappointment, nothing to keep from ,bad fuel consumption even at FM6 that wasn't able to make 3 laps without fuel saving.
Light rain occurs 2 times but wasn't enough to save me from my misery and had to do 7 laps .
If i have to choose a colour for the car , this one was transparent .
Fast lap was around 4.18 at FM6 .

Second run was with Ford Mustang gr3 , i start the race and felt strange from his behaviour.
But when i saw the heavy wear of tyres after the half of first lap i realised that i was on intermediate tyres 🤐 .
Pit with dead tyres on lap 2 and again on lap 3 cause of rain and again on lap 6 for RH .
This car is " promising " , ill run it again today .
Has good fuel consumption, i think can do exactly 4 laps at FM6,has good speed and since was stock has more yo give .
I set it only changing the front aero and then i bought the tyres for rain and thats how happens to start the race.
More from it , tomorrow.

I've put 18,000 miles on my F1 '97 at Le Mans but I'm pretty much done with the game at this point.

The last two days it's been Forza Motorsport. I have both long and short tail versions of the F1 but they are both road cars. I've also got the best car in the world, Nissan R390 GT1 road car, and the Toyota GT-One race car.

I'll see you again when there's another content update to GT7

Its a great car , isn't @jrbabbitt ?
Handles better than 95 but the pp kill it since has significant lower power than 95 model.
Perhaps that for has way better fuel economy.
I think that at FM1 can do 4 laps and is more " alive " .
Agree on this very much...

The last three races were light and one had no weather at all, in the last one I was fooled into changing tyres when I didn't need to, saw dark spots in distance on the radar but when they hit closer to the track they faded and disappeared, burned up a set of IMs for no valid reason.
Going back one race i had gotten lucky and ran all 7 laps in sunshine (except lap 3 it got dim but no rain on radar)
Will have more races today...

Last edited:
Yesterday i made 2 runs , one with a wv vgt and one with ford Mustang gr3.

The WV was a disappointment, nothing to keep from ,bad fuel consumption even at FM6 that wasn't able to make 3 laps without fuel saving.
Light rain occurs 2 times but wasn't enough to save me from my misery and had to do 7 laps .
If i have to choose a colour for the car , this one was transparent .
Fast lap was around 4.18 at FM6 .

Second run was with Ford Mustang gr3 , i start the race and felt strange from his behaviour.
But when i saw the heavy wear of tyres after the half of first lap i realised that i was on intermediate tyres 🤐 .
Pit with dead tyres on lap 2 and again on lap 3 cause of rain and again on lap 6 for RH .
This car is " promising " , ill run it again today .
Has good fuel consumption, i think can do exactly 4 laps at FM6,has good speed and since was stock has more yo give .
I set it only changing the front aero and then i bought the tyres for rain and thats how happens to start the race.
More from it , tomorrow.
I’ve done the same with tires.

As i wrote, i try again the Mustang gr3 early this morning.
I use a combination of priano tune but different aero and ballast at 50 in the rear .
Rain hit the track at 3rd lap but i didn't switch tyres and went for pit at 4th lap .
Surprisingly good behaviour in wet track didn't even change to MT gears to deal with.

I use FM6 for 4 laps ( easy ) and then FM4 for two laps and FM3 at last one where the fastest lap made.
Might go quicker due to aero i use in front but i like it as i set it .

Its a good car and a very good package overall that worth the credits spent on it .
IMG_20231008_071043407.jpg

IMG_20231008_071052750_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231008_075049094_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231008_075025345_HDR.jpg

Note i use the high torque supercharger.

I ran three more races today and here are the weather reports for each race. In this and future reports i will not mention anything of Lap 1 unless something significant and or unusual occurs during that lap.
Race one:
Lap 2 Rains begin at the end of lap with me not going to the pits yet.
Lap 3 Rains get to stage 2 accumulation and I go change tyres and fill up at end of lap.
Lap 4 Rains stop and track slowly drying out.
Lap 5 Driving slower and conservative to drag out the time left, sun comes out brightly.
Lap 6 My IMs are toasted and time runs out as i win the race, no 7th lap
Race two:
Lap 2 Light blue clouds appear in radar near end of lap.
Lap 3 Dark blue spots are in radar and getting closer, still no rain yet on track.
Lap 4 Dark blue patches skirt to the sides and no rains on track, enter pits for fuel only.
Lap 5 Clouds vanish from the radar and the sun shines brightly.
Lap 6 Dry and sunny.
Lap 7 Dry and sunny and finish race.
Race three:
Lap 2 Dry for entire lap and dim sunshine by the end of lap.
Lap 3 Clouds appear in radar but no rain on track.
Lap 4 Radar is full with light blue and dark blue spots, no rain.
Lap 5 Light rain starts with stage 1 accumulation, stretching my 5-lap car to a sixth lap I do not enter pits.
Lap 6 Rains stop and I drive slower to save fuel but P2 is catching up and i dont have enough time to wait for 30 minutes to expire nor enough fuel to go one more lap so i jump into the pits hoping i have enough time not to get caught in pit road when time runs out.
Lap 7 Exiting pit lane with 5 seconds left on clock, enough time to force the 7th lap and win the race,

As i wrote, i try again the Mustang gr3 early this morning.
I use a combination of priano tune but different aero and ballast at 50 in the rear .
Rain hit the track at 3rd lap but i didn't switch tyres and went for pit at 4th lap .
Surprisingly good behaviour in wet track didn't even change to MT gears to deal with.

I use FM6 for 4 laps ( easy ) and then FM4 for two laps and FM3 at last one where the fastest lap made.
Might go quicker due to aero i use in front but i like it as i set it .

Its a good car and a very good package overall that worth the credits spent on it .
View attachment 1293413
View attachment 1293414
View attachment 1293415View attachment 1293416

Note i use the high torque supercharger.
I am going to try this out next time I get on. I doubt I will get the same lap time as I'm a below average driver. Thanks for sharing

Back