La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

Funny, I too use controller and had no issues with the new Porsche at LeMans except a 2 lap at FM6 issue...no problems with lockup on brakes.
When i run this in weekly race was ok .but there had this issue.
I think i read also about it somewhere in the update treads but don't remember where .
Also is terrible slow for that race .
The car was stock , maybe LCD settings are " wrong " but i didn't try to find out why this lock up occurs, i just quit after first lap when i realized how slow is and his fuel consumption that only last 2 laps 😵‍💫

kjb
Thanks for the info. I was going to recommend the MR2 but it can be squirrelly as well. I have like 7 of them. I like that car just a wee bit. Anyway I have used both the swapped and no swapped versions. The swapped of course is faster but not as good fuel economy. But good car for you try would be Alfa 155 if you haven't used it before
Praiano tune of MR2 swap is (or was...) spot on.

Depending how much tuning you want to do, going by gist on this thread.

Funny, I too use controller and had no issues with the new Porsche at LeMans except a 2 lap at FM6 issue...no problems with lockup on brakes.
You was right mate about it .
Isn't a lock up issue , its just the way behaves when you steer the wheel during braking.
Seems like a lock up but it isn't , it just slides heavily .
In my frustration for the 2 laps fuel and how slow it was didn't realize that since i quit.
Yesterday i did a full race and find out what's going on.
Anyway, isn't recommend for this race , its slow, it's fuel eater and his behaviour isn't something memorable.

Last edited:
Had a dry race until the end of Lap 4. Started raining, then the skies opened up on Lap 5. It had that nice multi-colored, yellow pattern until the beginning of Lap 6. It didn't dry fully until Lap 7.

You was right mate about it .
Isn't a lock up issue , its just the way behaves when you steer the wheel during braking.
Seems like a lock up but it isn't , it just slides heavily .
In my frustration for the 2 laps fuel and how slow it was didn't realize that since i quit.
Yesterday i did a full race and find out what's going on.
Anyway, isn't recommend for this race , its slow, it's fuel eater and his behaviour isn't something memorable.
I concur with this recommendation. In a dry race the car is just too slow to make up for the time lost having to pit every two laps. But the 911 GT3 RS (992) could probably only win in a wet race where you pit for IM's early enough to not get caught in the rain. Which is surprising to me considering most cars in this PP range stock don't have issues.

But otherwise, I quite enjoy the way the car handles.

I concur with this recommendation. In a dry race the car is just too slow to make up for the time lost having to pit every two laps. But the 911 GT3 RS (992) could probably only win in a wet race where you pit for IM's early enough to not get caught in the rain. Which is surprising to me considering most cars in this PP range stock don't have issues.

But otherwise, I quite enjoy the way the car handles.
The truth is that i never get the proper time to deal with it,
The suspension and LCD was stocķ ,the aero is stock anyway and competing at 700 pp is tragedy .
Its remarkably slow , at my run on easy level ,just got front row starting the second lap, thing that had many weeks to happen 😂 .
The STAR of the last update is LFA ,all others ,they will be soon forgotten .

I'm back to le man I got bored of that glitch thing plus I'm not in need of credits and its not like I can buy any more cars with that stupid 2k limit.:grumpy::irked:

As for the car.

Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi ’68.

Handling is Ok for a old muscle car.
Brakes are good.
3 Laps on FM4 I think. :lol:

Overall 5/10 Rating.

Its slow.
It handles horrible in the rain.
It looks cool but that's pretty much it.

Weather - Heavy rain lap 4.
Only 6 laps - Thank god cause this car is not fun.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231106110602.jpg

What "glitch thing"? Please either point a link, or elaborate... thank you
See: this entire thread. Been huge activity and discussion about it lately.

Yesterday i try once the Lamborghini veneno .
He also suffers under braking like the latest Porsche but its significant quicker.
Can't find any decent settings for this one and seems nobody use this car .
It's on 2 lap " gang " at FM6 and 3 laps under short shifting.
If i find any suspension tune for it I'll might try it again.
Its very annoying trying to " catch " rear end under braking when you're not in straight line .
The weather was clear and did 7 laps .

I also run a 3 lap race with sophy to see how it goes at FM1 and the AI had huge top speed over me .
Just managed to win late at 3rd lap and that due to an accident that we involve 3 cars ( the one was mine ) and get lucky.

See: this entire thread. Been huge activity and discussion about it lately.

Thank you, will go see about this..

Finally after so many days of absence i did one race with one of my new swapped cars .
Thanks to " abarth " glitch i was able to do enough swaps ( i guess ) just to be there for future purposes
So yesterday i try the Porsche 81 under praiano tune but wasn't anyway near to the hp he has at his tune.
I don't know why that happened, perhaps they have change since then or am making somewhere a mistake .
Use RM tyres FM6 for first lap and FM1 after.
False alarm for rain lead to destroy my intermediate tyres completely in two laps before i get back on RM .
For sure praiano did excellent job on this one which was very twicy on stock settings.
All in all it worth tha trouble and has good fuel consumption, at least 4 laps on FM1 .
I might give another shot on RH this time.
IMG_20231112_220934670_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231112_220813902_HDR.jpg

Since there isn't something that am " burning" to buy from LCD right now , i spend sometime to la Sarthe and i decided to run something from the past .
I chose Porsche Carrera year 1964 ( one year older than me ).
Since there's no much of a tunes available, i set it on @bigmull settings with minor adjustments in suspension and keep his extreme values on LCD.
After some " warming" laps i did one race ,FM1 and RM tyres .
The car is able to pull 6 laps but the tyres aren't.
IMG_20231119_171759916_HDR.jpg

Wasn't bad , a bit twichy under braking but was manageable.( didn't use any other aids except ABS and TC1 .

After that i did a second race based on an old Praiano tune that was for Sport tyres and 600pp.
Put RM tyres remove all the ballast and change a bit the aero.
IMG_20231119_175247998_HDR.jpg

I was a bit faster on second tune which is on the safer side .
All in all was a good afternoon, rain hit first race , light one the second, that needed to change the heavy wear intermediate tyres to pull the 7th lap.
Abarth had a day off today 😂

Since there isn't something that am " burning" to buy from LCD right now , i spend sometime to la Sarthe and i decided to run something from the past .
Since there's no much of a tunes available, i set it on @bigmull settings with minor adjustments in suspension and keep his extreme values on LCD.
View attachment 1304773
Wasn't bad , a bit twichy under braking but was manageable.( didn't use any other aids except ABS and TC1 .

After that i did a second race based on an old Praiano tune that was for Sport tyres and 600pp.
View attachment 1304777
All in all was a good afternoon, rain hit first race , light one the second, that needed to change the heavy wear intermediate tyres to pull the 7th lap.
How much PP did have with your tunes ?

How much PP did have with your tunes ?
It's like that
IMG_20231119_200646130_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231119_200702605_HDR.jpg

The lower was proved a bit faster at least in my kind of skills.
Definitely someone can us and RS tyres but won't last more than two laps i quess .
The car in both cases have significant rear tyre wear ( they are also way worst than that ) and you can't take advantage of softer tyres and his excellent fuel consumption.
In both cases can reach 300khm before first chikane .

It's like that
View attachment 1304809
View attachment 1304810
The lower was proved a bit faster at least in my kind of skills.
Definitely someone can us and RS tyres but won't last more than two laps i quess .
The car in both cases have significant rear tyre wear ( they are also way worst than that ) and you can't take advantage of softer tyres and his excellent fuel consumption.
In both cases can reach 300khm before first chikane .
I get 5 laps out of the RMs with that car without much problem(see my post here from 21st October...)

This is one of my favorite cars at the moment, it is really fun to drive!
My suspension settings are a little bit different, I'll take a screenshot somewhen later today...

Edit:here are the settings and how the tires look after lap 5

It was not easy to get 5 dry laps today, it took me 5 restarts to finally get a dry race...and although the tires were pretty worn out after that 5 laps, lap5 would have been my quickest in that race so far, if I wouldn't have entered the pits...
(but i like that 5laps/2laps strategy anyway more the a 6laps/1lap strategy, because it gives me the chance to hit the fatset lap on the final lap with RS tires...)

But this car defintly needs some smooth and gentle driving...it is an older lady and it wants to be treated accordingly ;)

You can't drive it like a modern race car...lift the throttle before your breaking points, break smooth and coast through the corners instead of approaching your breaking points at full throttle and then break as hard as you can and hit the apex as tight as possible....

IMG_1037.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1038.jpg
    IMG_1038.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1034.jpg
    IMG_1034.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I get 5 laps out of the RMs with that car without much problem(see my post here from 21st October...)

This is one of my favorite cars at the moment, it is really fun to drive!
My suspension settings are a little bit different, I'll take a screenshot somewhen later today...

Edit:here are the settings and how the tires look after lap 5

It was not easy to get 5 dry laps today, it took me 5 restarts to finally get a dry race...and although the tires were pretty worn out after that 5 laps, lap5 would have been my quickest in that race so far, if I wouldn't have entered the pits...
(but i like that 5laps/2laps strategy anyway more the a 6laps/1lap strategy, because it gives me the chance to hit the fatset lap on the final lap with RS tires...)

But this car defintly needs some smooth and gentle driving...it is an older lady and it wants to be treated accordingly ;)

You can't drive it like a modern race car...lift the throttle before your breaking points, break smooth and coast through the corners instead of approaching your breaking points at full throttle and then break as hard as you can and hit the apex as tight as possible....

View attachment 1305054
I wish i could keep them like yours ,but judging from your faster lap , there's an explanation why mine have more tyre wear.
I " push " them more than you did .
If i find time , ill try your settings to see if there's any difference.

View attachment 1304773

View attachment 1304777
A set of RH will last the whole race, I don’t tend to use the FM on set for power unless I’m on the last lap so you will get plenty of fuel and still win on lean setting.

@Batschisane52 as i wrote i try excact your settings.
Your set up it's somewhere in the middle with the two previous i try.
Your tyres last one lap more !!
Here before ender the pits
IMG_20231121_190212289_HDR.jpg

First laps i was trying to get the feeling of the car .
After pit stop try to shoot for best lap but a silly penalty ( lost a bit the brakes ) of 2.500 sec. on 6th lap didn't allow me to do so .
Before penalty applies i was already 4 seconds faster , but ......
Ill try it again without so much aero in front.

@bigmull is the third car of yours that am trying, don't know how you manage this one with such extreme LCD settings but .... but it worked.
I put RM's since i have to pit anyway at FM1 and a 4 -5 laps " window" its very good to deal with the weather.

A 3rd report will follow since am starting to like this car.

Attachments

• IMG_20231121_190938111.jpg
    IMG_20231121_190938111.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Using settings of @Batschisane52 with couple minor adjustments i run one race again yesterday.
I think is a bit safer now especially when tyres have more wear ( in the back ).
Heavy rain started at the end of lap 3 but i skip pitstop and wasn't a good idea anyway.
IMG_20231121_202934771_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231121_202101113_HDR.jpg

@Batschisane52 as i wrote i try excact your settings.
Your set up it's somewhere in the middle with the two previous i try.
Your tyres last one lap more !!
Here before ender the pits
View attachment 1305338

First laps i was trying to get the feeling of the car .
After pit stop try to shoot for best lap but a silly penalty ( lost a bit the brakes ) of 2.500 sec. on 6th lap didn't allow me to do so .
Before penalty applies i was already 4 seconds faster , but ......
Ill try it again without so much aero in front.

@bigmull is the third car of yours that am trying, don't know how you manage this one with such extreme LCD settings but .... but it worked.
I put RM's since i have to pit anyway at FM1 and a 4 -5 laps " window" its very good to deal with the weather.

I use high LSD settings as they kind off “push” the front of the car through corners and low brake settings bring the front under control faster when you let the brakes off. This works well with the “coasting” through corners technique that you use with older cars that have little or no downforce.

[/QUOTE]
You might like to try the Nissan Skyline Hard Top with the engine swap,it’s a bit of a hooligan lol

@smoothbore12 : now check out this tire wear after 5 laps ;)

View attachment 1305474
Obviously I was not going for record laps there, but instead tried to drive as smooth as possible, with even more coasting and earlier breaking
( around 4:25,something during the first 5 laps, but still got an easy win...)

View attachment 1305475
Definitely you run very conservative.
Judging from you tyre wear ,you become the Jenson button of gt7 😂.

Now that the grinding glitch period is over, I resumed my stay at Le Mans and I brought my Herbie to see if he can do the Le Mans run.
The weather on my run was typical of the average 30 minute run, rain starting at the end of lap two and lasted for two laps.
As for the Beetle, I tweaked the glitch setup for better handling in the race at Le Mans, switched back to normal suspension was the main thing, added ballast up front, and used RH tyres.
Herbie won after 7 laps..
18bfa7836ac77-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_435382161425320_1700711568067.jpg

Herbie goes to Le Mans....

Now that the grinding glitch period is over, I resumed my stay at Le Mans and I brought my Herbie to see if he can do the Le Mans run.
The weather on my run was typical of the average 30 minute run, rain starting at the end of lap two and lasted for two laps.
As for the Beetle, I tweaked the glitch setup for better handling in the race at Le Mans, switched back to normal suspension was the main thing, added ballast up front, and used RH tyres.
Herbie won after 7 laps..
View attachment 1305652
Herbie goes to Le Mans....
I know the Herbie goes to Monte Carlo, never hear os see something about Le mans .😂
Why 7 laps ? Wasn't enough rain to stop at 6 ?
And how it feels?
I think i never drive any or those till now at the game .

Here is a car, that can possibly do 7 laps without pitting when it stays dry...

The engine swapped Mazda RX-7
IMG_1046.jpg

In my race it wasn't dry.
Some rain in laps 3 and 4, wet road in lap 4(up until the middle of the rain-meter on some parts), but it was drying up quick, laps 6 and 7 were dry again.

Fuel: I was on FM1 during almost the whole race(FM2 on lap 6) and got six laps, with some more fuel mangement seven laps should be easy...although worth mentioning that lap4 was really slow because of the wet road and I only did 5:20,something in that lap, so that helped saving fuel...but still, a non stop race should be possible

Tires: Used RHs, and after lap6 they were still almost unused...so, yes, this car could do the race without pitting at all

Laptimes: In dry conditions below 4:20,..., even although it struggles a little bit to make the 300km/h without sliptream(rather does 298 istead of 300), but it is fast in the corners and has good breaks

Overall a save bet to win this race!

IMG_1045.jpg

20969969948237300.jpg

Last edited:
Why 7 laps ? Wasn't enough rain to stop at 6 ?
And how it feels?
The beetle I had used for the Daytona grind is twitchy, it's why I had to add ballast to front and still is a handful to drive. I was in P2 at the end of 6 and therefore I had to continue on to win, p1 jumped in pits at end of 6 also, it made the win easy.
The engine swapped Beetle with full mods will do 3 laps at FM6 too.

Back