La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

Funny, I too use controller and had no issues with the new Porsche at LeMans except a 2 lap at FM6 issue...no problems with lockup on brakes.
A lot of times tuning my vehicles and driving, some of vehicles have difficulty steering but I realized, this factors with nose diving during braking, the cars bottoms out on the top of the tires fenders due to the ultra low ride height settings, but the lower the car the better center of gravity inertia transfer, but to counter this by installing the brake controller and set the bias depending of the vehicles weight balance whether its 60/40 or 65/35 etc, also the stiffness of the suspension, where the torque during acceleration transfer to what side of the vehicle during cornering

A lot of times tuning my vehicles and driving, some of vehicles have difficulty steering but I realized, this factors with nose diving during braking, the cars bottoms out on the top of the tires fenders due to the ultra low ride height settings, but the lower the car the better center of gravity inertia transfer, but to counter this by installing the brake controller and set the bias depending of the vehicles weight balance whether its 60/40 or 65/35 etc, also the stiffness of the suspension, where the torque during acceleration transfer to what side of the vehicle during cornering
The LSD settings will have an effect on steering especially with the older Classics.Some cars have to have quite dramatic ride height settings to stop the bottoming out even when you stiffen up the suspension,the Nissan Skyline Hard Top is an example.Reducing the front compression settings can eliminate or reduce the snaking effect on heavy braking from high speed, but all of these might then cause another issue,it’s a compromise at the end of the day. I have found that the older Classic s are a lot more fun to drive while still being highly competitive against modern cars.

Last edited:
18c00d5b93777-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_435410146413498_1700820884427.jpg
Just pulled from garage, gave it all I could find in tuning shop, even added the aero package.
This handled better than expected with one exception, the brakes. You need to brake early but not very hard that you can lock up and slide, slide, slide.
Fuel economy is great, I had it on FM6 and never needed a drop in pits, just tyres when it rained. The Porsche can do 8+ laps at FM6.
The race was a good one, started raining heavy at lap 3 and stopped in mid 5. Went to mid stage 2 accumulation.
Went the full seven laps because of interval between me and P2 was less than one minute and I had more time on clock than that.
Overall this is a great car for this race.

P.s. the above pic was taken with the newer settings of 1 second exposure, I think it looked great.

Last edited:
Todays choice is one of the fastest road cars for this race...

The Ferrari Testarossa
IMG_1048.jpg

I wanted to break some records today(my first 8 lapper?, sub 4:05 lap?...), but the weather engine had other plans ;)

Weather: My original plan was a 3-2-2 strategy, but there were thick dark clouds coming in by the end of lap2(even some greens and yellows in the mix), so stopped after two laps and put on the IMs...rain was heavy in lap3 and 4, even hitting the top third of the rain meter at some points...but it was drying up really fast, and by the end of lap5 most of the track was dry again...

Tires: Since the car is really fast, i didn't bother to tune it for RMs because also with RHs it leaves everybody else in the dust...In that race I switched to IMs after lap 2 for 3 laps, but since it was drying up so fast and lap 5 was mostly dry the rear tires were almost gone by the end of lap5...then again RHs for laps 6 and 7

Fuel: Does three laps with FM5 and two laps with FM1

The records?: none...the rain made my run for a 8-lapper impossible, and when I went for a really fast lap in lap7 I *****d it up at Virage d'Amage and went into the gravel there, so a 4:11 was my best this time...
But the car can do better and is definitly one of the fastes road cars there, hitting 330km/h on Mulsanne(even with IMs and FM5 it almost hit 310!)

IMG_1047.jpg

20970512849726076.jpg

Last edited:
Did you use any specific tune @Batschisane52 or it's your choice?
330khm means damn fast .
I might try this one today .
Looks like that:
IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

Nothing special, added a rear wing and most available tuning parts(except for those two that increase the cubic capacity and there are still two more in the ultimate section I havn't used yet)and adjusted the suspension a little bit, gear ratio ist still stock...

Last edited:
View attachment 1305925
Just pulled from garage, gave it all I could find in tuning shop, even added the aero package.
This handled better than expected with one exception, the brakes. You need to brake early but not very hard that you can lock up and slide, slide, slide.
Fuel economy is great, I had it on FM6 and never needed a drop in pits, just tyres when it rained. The Porsche can do 8+ laps at FM6.
The race was a good one, started raining heavy at lap 3 and stopped in mid 5. Went to mid stage 2 accumulation.
Went the full seven laps because of interval between me and P2 was less than one minute and I had more time on clock than that.
Overall this is a great car for this race.

P.s. the above pic was taken with the newer settings of 1 second exposure, I think it looked great.
You might want to check out my tune (The Doc’s Classic Car Tunes Emporium)for this car,no lock ups and 11 laps of fuel.The latest tune is on the last page.

Last edited:
You might want to check out my tune (The Doc’s Classic Car Tunes Emporium)for this car,no lock ups and 11 laps of fuel.The latest tune is on the last page.

Oh wow, thank you... also I have used some of your other classic tunes, you do GOOD WORK

Looks like that:
View attachment 1305979
View attachment 1305980
Nothing special, added a rear wing and most available tuning parts(except for those two that increase the cubic capacity and there are still two more in the ultimate section I havn't used yet)and adjusted the suspension a little bit, gear ratio ist still stock...
Well , i just copy your settings but didn't put rear aero at all .
This car is screaming: i got the power !!.
Did only one race but was a bit of a mess.
Lost the brakes couple of times ,rain caught me out and while i was waiting for the end of six lap race i realise that time wasn't enough and when AI reach the pits i start manual gears to do a lap with only 0.4 fuel !!
Using almost only 5th hear i finally did it to end first and not spoil my race .
Definitely ill try it again during the weekend trying to find the best option with or without back aero.
At FM1 its easy to brake 4.00 min. mark since is so powerful.
At FM6 best i did was 4.07 but wasn't a stable lap .

I did a quick search in @bigmull garage but didn't find anything about it.

Last edited:
Since the Ford Mark IV race car showed up at Haggerty's for a reasonable price, i have some grinding to do...and what car can possibly better be suited for that than it's predecessor, the Ford GT40 Mark I from 1966!

IMG_1053.jpg

(the PP in the picture is with RMs and with the tune that allows RS tyres)

First race was dry(little drizzle in lap3, but nothing to worry about) and I used a very conservative approach: 3(RH)-2(RM)-2(RM)laps, easy win...but since the car was really soft on the tires i tuned it down to stay below PP700 with RS tyres...

Second race:
Weather: Dark blue clouds close by and light rain in the second half of lap 3, heavy rain in lap 4,wet roads in lap 4 and 5...starting to dry up in the last parts of lap 5, still slightly wet in the first part of lap 6, lap 7 still wet on the edges, not really dry enough to go for a fastest lap in lap 7

Tyres: as planned, did 3 laps on RM(nor problems!), 2 laps on IMs and the final two laps on RS(no problems), did win by more than two minutes

Fuel: I started with FM5, used FM4 for the second lap and switched to FM5 on the third lap(still does more than 300km/h on FM5) and FM1 for the two-lap stints...

Easy win with that car, sub 4:10 times possible in dry conditions...

IMG_1051.jpg

20970908217281897.jpg

Last edited:
Started raining on lap 2, I took one look at the yellow blobs and pitted for heavy wets. The corvette and Suzuki pitted at the same time. Magically the both had faster stops than me. It didn't matter because they didn't select the clearly right tyre. I caught and passed both of them before the straight. I then passed the viper at mulsanne corner. It hadn't pitted.

The rain stopped on lap 5 and I started driving on the wet bits and was able to keep the tyres in good shape right to the end with only a small red zone at the top of the tyre. I lapped the corvette and Suzuki on the last lap....

As i wrote,i was really impressed from Ferrari testarossa for this race.
So , today noon i did some " work " with and without aero using as base line the settings that @Batschisane52 provide above .
I choose the following settings
IMG_20231125_201047445_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231125_201102905_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231125_201033809_HDR.jpg

Everything goes fine till in starting 5th lap and a bamn heavy rain !! hit the track and mess up my plans 🤬
I use FM6 which last for exactly 3 laps using AT gears without any savings .
Its very rare rain to start after 5th lap but still happens from time to time.
This is how it ends
IMG_20231125_200703405_HDR.jpg

After that , needed to put out my pissed off condition and went to the track with the same settings and FM1 ( as you can't use fuel saving mod ) and try to brake the 3.55 barrier.
Clean lap and finally i did it.
This thing is a blast with unparallel sound that reminds me a very old vid called the rentezvous

Started raining on lap 2, I took one look at the yellow blobs and pitted for heavy wets. The corvette and Suzuki pitted at the same time. Magically the both had faster stops than me. It didn't matter because they didn't select the clearly right tyre. I caught and passed both of them before the straight. I then passed the viper at mulsanne corner. It hadn't pitted.

The rain stopped on lap 5 and I started driving on the wet bits and was able to keep the tyres in good shape right to the end with only a small red zone at the top of the tyre. I lapped the corvette and Suzuki on the last lap....
What car did you use ?

When you take a shot of tequilla every time that guy runs a red traffic light in this film, you are drunk within 8 minutes... :lol:
It was real conditions and without a doubt it was an innovative way for the time was filmed.
I think he had problems with the authorities after that .

I used the 95 GTR and I got light rain around lap 3 but I didn't have to change the tires until lap 5. I had used the McLaren for the last race of the weekly challenge so I just kept when I decided to do LeSarthe

18c156c4be641-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_435496636158302_1701158734993.jpg
Took a used car from my garage and tuned it up and had a dry race at LeMans.
Surprisingly with full tune I was able to get 4 laps at FM6, and it being a dry race it forced the 7th lap as when I started the 7th there was 2 min 40 seconds left on clock and P2 was only 50 seconds behind me...

I need to start documenting my Le Mans races here. Almost every morning I do the race before work and almost always try to use a new car.

This morning I used the Mazda LM55 Gr1 tuned down to 700pp. Not enough top speed to maintain distance in the straights (with min/max front/rear downforce) but makes up for it through the Dunlop chicane and Porsche curves. Can do 5 laps at FM1. Heavy rain started at the end of lap 2 and lasted pretty much through 6, allowed me to build a 1.5 minute lead (professional AI). One pit at the end of lap 2 for inters and stayed on those to the end.

Other recent favorites are the Challenger SRT Demon and the BMW VGT. Both extremely stable.

Welcome to our company @Watevaman .
Feel free to post your settings, your preferences and whatever details you think that might help someone.
Personally, i took ideas from other guys posts , to try cars that i never ride here before .

Continuing on my current trend of "used cars"
18c16c26e2113-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_435504225689709_1701188381600.jpg
Just picked this up from Used cars...
When I was tuning this up for LeMans I just couldn't tarnish this beautiful car with aero (the wings make it look so ugly)
I will need to make some suspension settings from the stock settings as it does get some oversteer upon exit of turns.
At FM6 I was able to get 3 laps easy and if I was to go ¾ throttle I can stretch out a 4th lap.
I must be a little lucky tonight because this was my second dry race, cloudy but no rain, that being said I needed to pull all 7 laps.
Looking for my next used car....

Last edited:
18c1ad39b7e2-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_435521243614763_1701254857870.jpg
I had to take the Alfa to LeMans, and with tuning and careful driving (especially in the rain) it took home a victory.
The Alfa handles well but the brakes are what you have to watch. You cannot upgrade the brakes much and you WILL need to brake much earlier than you would with any other car. Once you figure out the brakes for this race all will be easy. I left the Alfa at FM1 and easily she gave me 3 laps and could stretch to 4.
The race started fine but noticed that the rains didn't come until the end of lap three and they came with abundance. It rained all through 4 and 5 , and part of 6 too. With IM tyres the Alfa was skittish and settled into its groove. I had stretched it out to 4 laps driving in heavy rain with RH tyres and dropped into pits at end of 4 to refuel and IM tyres. Things were slow and steady but P2 changed to W tyres early and was catching up.
By the end of 6 I was low on fuel and running out of time on clock but P2 right on my bumper i could not even slow to let clock r run out. I started the 7th lap with 2 seconds left on clock and P2 on my tail, but I came away with the win.

View attachment 1307244
I had to take the Alfa to LeMans, and with tuning and careful driving (especially in the rain) it took home a victory.
The Alfa handles well but the brakes are what you have to watch. You cannot upgrade the brakes much and you WILL need to brake much earlier than you would with any other car. Once you figure out the brakes for this race all will be easy. I left the Alfa at FM1 and easily she gave me 3 laps and could stretch to 4.
The race started fine but noticed that the rains didn't come until the end of lap three and they came with abundance. It rained all through 4 and 5 , and part of 6 too. With IM tyres the Alfa was skittish and settled into its groove. I had stretched it out to 4 laps driving in heavy rain with RH tyres and dropped into pits at end of 4 to refuel and IM tyres. Things were slow and steady but P2 changed to W tyres early and was catching up.
By the end of 6 I was low on fuel and running out of time on clock but P2 right on my bumper i could not even slow to let clock r run out. I started the 7th lap with 2 seconds left on clock and P2 on my tail, but I came away with the win.
I love this car it sounds amazing and is a lot of fun to drive.With my tune I can get just over 6 laps of fuel and tyres will last the race. I keep coming back to this car time and time again,it’s a real shame we only have this Classic Alfa,they made some stunning cars in the 50’s and 60’s.Have you tried the Nissan Skyline Hard Top?With the engine swap it’s a bit of a beast!

Last edited:
I love this car it sounds amazing and is a lot of fun to drive.With my tune I can get just over 6 laps of fuel and tyres will last the race. I keep coming back to this car time and time again,it’s a real shame we only have this Classic Alfa,they made some stunning cars in the 50’s and 60’s.Have you tried the Nissan Skyline Hard Top?With the engine swap it’s a bit of a beast!
i am going to give the other Alfa (Giulia Sprint GT) a try tonight, guess it will need a full mod and tune... (looking at a tune for this car, i may have a hard time)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back