La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

There's nothing to feel sorry about it , you just don't understand what we was " searching " about.

Can you do us a favour ?

If you have the 962 and when you have time , put this values and tell as if they match .
View attachment 1310089

You don't have to spoil your suspension or lcd settings , just aero , weight and power settings.
The gearbox is stock and have the medium turbo.
While in 3 cars of mine everything is the same in @Sir Crashalot page he has more torque and less hp when everything is exactly the same everywhere else .

Edit i just look more carefully and in torque we have different measure units ,so I don't know if he really has more torque since measure is different.
WILL DO WHEN I GET HOME IN 2 HOURS

I have done a couple of runs in the WRX STI Isle of Man Time Attack Car 2016.
What a lovely car, with the DRS on the straights, the technical parts of the circuit it just feels so nice.

Last edited:
Ok, my 956 has 945 miles on its clock and created new setup sheet, bought the turbo and put all settings like yours, (guessing cause I cannot read Greek) and came up with 483Hp, and torque is in ft-lb and I cannot change the unit measurements except miles/Km

18c4d84424437-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_435739368810572_1702106909416.jpg
So I went to the LCD and bought another and it's mileage was 313, got oil changed, turbo, ballast, power restrictor. Punched in numbers like yours except not changed the suspension nor Differential gear (because it will not affect PP or Hp) and got the same 438Hp, same torque, and same PP numbers
18c4d8258d142-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_435739487336237_1702107372407.jpg
I even went as far as engine overhaul and did not change any numbers...
This is puzzling to me now....

Ok, my 956 has 945 miles on its clock and created new setup sheet, bought the turbo and put all settings like yours, (guessing cause I cannot read Greek) and came up with 483Hp, and torque is in ft-lb and I cannot change the unit measurements except miles/Km

View attachment 1310106
So I went to the LCD and bought another and it's mileage was 313, got oil changed, turbo, ballast, power restrictor. Punched in numbers like yours except not changed the suspension nor Differential gear (because it will not affect PP or Hp) and got the same 438Hp, same torque, and same PP numbers
View attachment 1310107
I even went as far as engine overhaul and did not change any numbers...
This is puzzling to me now....
Ok that's weird isn't ?
We both are in Europe region and except the Language nothing else change .
My torque is on Newton but calculating @Sir Crashalot measures is lower torque than mine as it is yours logically, a bit lower but still lower .
I have 3 962 with many miles the first two and one brand new ( the latest on LCD)
All of them give same result
Who can explain why that happens ?

I pretty much run this race exclusively with road cars that are near 700pp or can be tuned up to 700. I think I’m at about 40-50 different cars and while I love the F50 and P4 this 911 is such a blast while still being reasonably fuel efficient and if you wanna get crazy it will run up to 10,800 rpm. 4-5 lap stints with some fuel management is possible on FM6. Top speed is 240mph if you run it on the test track.

Attachments

• IMG_6692.jpeg
    IMG_6692.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6694.jpeg
    IMG_6694.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6693.jpeg
    IMG_6693.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 10
@smoothbore12 I made a short video with the 962 and applying your setup see if you can spot anything different from your setup.

No there's nothing different.
On the other hand, the digits from acceleration tab , stability etc are EXACTLY the same with mine.
That means that have the same performance cause 7 hp down will definitely have an affect at least at acceleration tab numbers, a small one but definitely different.
I really don't know why this happening.

Used the Shaguar XJ220 yesterday and the Alfa 8C today. Both cars feel good to drive on this track but require rather heavy fuel management.

Had really bad weather on both races with heavy rain for laps 3-5. Today was even more extrem with the rain already starting at the end of lap 2. Nobody pitted except me. Rain got really heavy on lap 3 (rainmeter got into the darker shade of blue) and it was pure chaos with multiple cars sliding out in front of me, resulting in 3 yellow flags within just one lap.
Can't say that this was a boring grind but still I'm getting a bit annoyed by the weather. Too much rain and it's almost always very early, ruining my prefered 3/4 stints.

Used the Shaguar XJ220 yesterday and the Alfa 8C today. Both cars feel good to drive on this track but require rather heavy fuel management.

Had really bad weather on both races with heavy rain for laps 3-5. Today was even more extrem with the rain already starting at the end of lap 2. Nobody pitted except me. Rain got really heavy on lap 3 (rainmeter got into the darker shade of blue) and it was pure chaos with multiple cars sliding out in front of me, resulting in 3 yellow flags within just one lap.
Can't say that this was a boring grind but still I'm getting a bit annoyed by the weather. Too much rain and it's almost always very early, ruining my prefered 3/4 stints.
Come on mate , am trying xj 220 me too.
Excellent car but fuel consumption destroy it on AT gears.
I used a full tune one but can't get 3laps without manual gearing cause stays too much on high rev's before change gears.
Today i run one without permanent changes and last 3.3 laps but didn't finish the race, wrong tyres with rain caught me out and i quit.
Ill write my impressions late afternoon or tomorrow morning.
This car has great handling on that track and at full power is a destroyer, can do laps at 3.55 but need almost the 5 thirds of fuel tank 🤐

Been a little while since I've updated here.

I had to post about this car that I was surprised by. I'm not sure if anyone else has tried it yet. The Alfa Romeo 155.

The game classifies it as a Gr.4 car, so I was expecting a much closer race than what I got. Fuel efficiency is about standard for this category, should make 2 laps at FM1 (maybe 3 with better management) and can make 4 with FM6 and short shifts. No tuning is required, however I usually reduce the downforce a little bit for an edge on the straights. The car was dominant.

I got caught up in some rain after the 2nd chicane on Lap 3 - I had debated pitting at the end of Lap 2, which would have been a good call. But I was able to slowly get around to the pits without any drama, even with TC0.

I wish I had saved a replay, I was P2 coming to the braking zone at the end of Mulsanne while the rain was coming down on Lap 3. Braking well early and the Lexus comes by me on the inside. Only they're backwards! :lol: They somehow manage not to hit me and I also get by cleanly at the exit of the turn.

Some more rain later around Lap 5 kept the field well enough back to finish out the race on the IM tires. Only P2 managed to make it to Lap 7, about 1:18 behind me.

Come on mate , am trying xj 220 me too.
Excellent car but fuel consumption destroy it on AT gears.
I used a full tune one but can't get 3laps without manual gearing cause stays too much on high rev's before change gears.
Yeah, I can imagine! I shifted at rather low RPM but it's not a problem since this V12 is so smooth and powerful.
Guess there's a lot of cars you can't use here with A/T. Like the engine swapped Alpine A110 I just drove. What an amazingly powerful car! But you can't use the power because of fuel consumption. Had almost dry weather this time so I did 3/4 stints and on the last lap before the final corners I was so low on fuel that I had to stay on 7th gear until the chicanes and I was prepared to roll to the finish line😄
I guess if you drive that thing on A/T it's 2 laps max.

@GlockPants : Damn, should have bought this car when it was available a week ago or so😕

Last edited:

Yesterday as @kjb suggest i took Suzuki VGT gr3 at the track .
Light car , very high rev's but i didn't " enjoy " it to be honest.
The car has the habit to spin the rear end very much and when tain caught me out on wrong tyres i made the slowest lap ever to get back at the pits , over 7 minutes !!!!!
He can pull out 3 laps at FM 6 ( almost) in AT gears due to high rev's that keep gears to much on the limit before change.
On MT gears things are better and probably you can go a bit faster if you use them right.

FM1 and FM6 doesn't make much of a difference in performance as happens with other cars .
Did 2 messy races with rain and heavy rain but while it was dry , nothing encourage me to go farther on this car anyway.

Pic from my second run
View attachment 1299529

All in all i found that its difficult car to control especially in wet conditions and the performance doesn't " hide " something spectacular from other cars in his class.
Fast laps at FM6 perhaps are moving around 4.10 but didn't have the pleasure to find out .
Perhaps putting the ballast in the rear instead of front ( 40 kilos) that i put it could make things a bit better .
Also tyre wear on intermediate tyres was very high as track was drying out.

If someone asked my opinion about this one ,i would say that is a " ticket" to spin city .
MT gears , short shifting is the only way to go on safe side , till rain starts of course and starts the " crawl " to survive 😂
That's from me about it , may other opinions are different but the " core " remains the same....... " hardcore " car.
Drove this one today, one of the few VGTs I like.

@smoothbore12 If you drive this ever again, put TCS on 2 and the tendency to spin the rear is much less a problem.
Don't know about wet conditions, just had light rain at third lap, which wasn't a problem.
With M/T you can do 3 laps on FM4 and 4 laps on FM6 with just very little fuel management.

BTW: I didn't use any ballast, just restricted power output to 94% which gives 699PP on RH.

I like this car and it's definitely better at this race than the road counterpart.

Today i deal mostly with XJ220 .
The ticket to 3 laps stint is only one and i discover it using an almost stock settings car.
Unfortunately i didn't have the time to experiment as i wanted to my full tune one since was set to low ( short of ) power settings which didn't work in fuel savings on AT gear , but......
But worked fine by just keeping the stock gear box .
Perhaps it will also work on higher power settings but need to find out .

Anyway thats what i use , FM6 all the way , fastest lap at 4.02 ( quite good i can say ) RM tyres !!!! ,stock gearbox, medium rpm turbo.
IMG_20231210_204719942_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231210_204702356_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231210_204605872.jpg

Great car , further investigations will follow since i have to test fuel consumption with more power ,RH tyres and the different turbos that have available.
I think with the low rpm could be faster but need to prove that.

@Sir Crashalot , thanks for the advice but i don't think ill use it again and by the way you have to write 200 times the following:
Ill never do that again .

How you miss the Alfa 155 ? 😱 Didn't cost a fortune. Now you have to wait 3 months much or less 🥴
We always buy cars from LCD and USD first plus the invitation ones , the others are there whenever you want them.

Last edited:
How you miss the Alfa 155 ? 😱 Didn't cost a fortune. Now you have to wait 3 months much or less 🥴
We always buy cars from LCD and USD first plus the invitation ones , the others are there whenever you want them.
Well, I wasn't particulary interested when it was available.
I can say that I already have every car in the game that I really wanted to have, except for the McLaren MP4/4 (and I will buy this as soon as it's available again).
Ofc there are still some cars I will buy, but none I really "need" to have.

Did two races today with the XJ 220
At first one had sudden rain at lap 5 😡 wich spoil my plans .
At second one i was lucky and put tha Lady in 8 laps stint.
FM6 till 7th lap and FM1 on 8th lap.
Medium turbo ,RH tyres ,stock gearbox which gives 3.2 laps on AT and the following set up
IMG_20231211_215810733_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231211_215825007_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231211_215627761_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231211_215713617_HDR.jpg

At first stop didn't change tyres since wasn't need and from what i saw doesn't need at all.
Tomorrow ill try low rpm turbo to see what's the difference.

Last edited:
Looks like you found a setup that works for you 👍
Hope you could finish that first race! Always feels bad when you can't win and have to quit, especially when you're already at fifth lap.

I just finished the race using my 1st hybrid. Porsche 918 worked well. The battery ran out after 1 lap but I only really missed it at the top end of the rev range. Got 3 laps on FM6 and the only things I purchased were tires and ballast and the power restrictor. Handles well and I will definitely use it again

Looks like you found a setup that works for you 👍
Hope you could finish that first race! Always feels bad when you can't win and have to quit, especially when you're already at fifth lap.
Wasn't about winning, just spoil my plan for 8 lap race .

Welcome to our company @goalsneak .
Are you running on hard level at this challenge of yours ?
Feel free to post your impressions, discoveries ( perhaps) or whatever you want to sharr about it .

I'm always happy when I can end the grind after just 6 laps😉 Although 2 days ago I really forgot to brake before the finish line and had to do a seventh lap😟
It happened to me once with an empty R92CP and manage the way to the end with only 0.2 fuels on tank 😂
MT gears 5 th gear and " sniff " of gas at throttle .

Did two races today with the XJ 220
A lot of posts about the XJ220 and it being a favourite car of mine I was compelled to give it a go.
18c5ec89eb779-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_435813612771667_1702396924889.jpg

I gave it some thought and read what you and @Sir Crashalot had posted about the handling and tried running my car with the Normal stock suspension and LSD and it handled so beautiful and tyre wear was nil.
As for other things on car I did all three weight reductions, manual custom transmission, ballast and power reducer, Low RPM turbo, race intake, silencer, and manifold, race clutch, carbon brakes with race pads. At FM6 I was getting 3 laps if driving conservatively (fuel savings, Settings below)
18c5ec8bb5f66-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_435813626841904_1702396979851.jpg

18c5ec8d1bb71-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_435813633708934_1702397006675.jpg

As for today's race, it was a typical one when rains started at the beginning of lap 4 went heavy to stage 3 accumulation and stopped raining near end of lap 5, track drying out through lap 6. Wound up doing 7 laps because I didn't have enough time to wait before P2 will pass before end of time.
Overall it was a beautiful race and XJ220 handled great surprisingly with normal suspension!

This engine swapped Ford Roadster is really amazing!
It's very basic, all I did is buy all racing parts and set the top speed in gear settings a bit higher. No permanent upgrades, not adjusting any other values.
This is not just a fun car! The video I posted above is (obviously) from a race on easy mode but you can absolutely win on hard difficulty also.
It can't keep up with the Gr.4 cars through the corners, but the crazy acceleration and good top speed (you will reach ~310 on FM4 on Mulsanne before the first chicane) easily make up for this.
Fun fact: While the racing transmission has 4 gears, you will just need the first three in the race. First gear goes up to 175 IIRC and third is 320+. Fourth gear is just for fuel saving here. (Of course you could change the ratios to give you even better performance, but it's amazing even with those basic settings and somehow it's pretty convenient to just use three gears🙂)

A lot of posts about the XJ220 and it being a favourite car of mine I was compelled to give it a go. View attachment 1311187
I gave it some thought and read what you and @Sir Crashalot had posted about the handling and tried running my car with the Normal stock suspension and LSD and it handled so beautiful and tyre wear was nil.
As for other things on car I did all three weight reductions, manual custom transmission, ballast and power reducer, Low RPM turbo, race intake, silencer, and manifold, race clutch, carbon brakes with race pads. At FM6 I was getting 3 laps if driving conservatively (fuel savings, Settings below)View attachment 1311188
View attachment 1311189

As for today's race, it was a typical one when rains started at the beginning of lap 4 went heavy to stage 3 accumulation and stopped raining near end of lap 5, track drying out through lap 6. Wound up doing 7 laps because I didn't have enough time to wait before P2 will pass before end of time.
Overall it was a beautiful race and XJ220 handled great surprisingly with normal suspension!

Its amazing car anyway.
I did also one race couple days before with the car stock suspension , LCD , no aero ( just the usual changes not weight or other permanent mods ) and it's where I found that keeping stock gear box can do 3.3 laps on AT .
Am not sure if i race it on RH or RM tyres but was a beautiful surprise for me , thank to that i decide to deal further .
Today ill try it on low rpm turbo ( the heavy tune one ) to see any differences if weather allows me to.

Back