La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

Did another race with the Miura today after changing aero and some suspension settings.

And boy, this feels like a different car! So much better to drive!

But unfortunately the stupid game ruined all the fun 'cause this race was the biggest 💩show I've seen so far!
End of lap 3 it started raining and radar showed lots of darkblue. So I changed to IMs. I leave the pits, no more rain, sun is shining, tires wear down quickly, weather radar is clear. So I pit again at the end of lap 4 and switch back to RMs. As soon as I leave the pits it starts raining again! I start sliding at the end of the lap and have a hard time going through the esses. Boom, 12.5 seconds penalty. I reach the pits, switch to IMs again. I leave the pits, no more rain. At the end of lap 6, because of the 3 pitstops, I was just 20 seconds ahead, not enough to end the race after 6 laps, so I had to do a 7th one!
Can you believe that? Are you f-ing kidding me, game?😤🤬

1000010683.png

What difficulty level was this? I have never seen this in Easy...
This was on easy. But I've never seen so much dense traffic at the end of the race at any difficulty so far.

Last edited:
Did another race with the Miura today after changing aero and some suspension settings.

And boy, this feels like a different car! So much better to drive!

But unfortunately the stupid game ruined all the fun 'cause this race was the biggest 💩show I've seen so far!
End of lap 3 it started raining and radar showed lots of darkblue. So I changed to IMs. I leave the pits, no more rain, sun is shining, tires wear down quickly, weather radar is clear. So I pit again at the end of lap 4 and switch back to RMs. As soon as I leave the pits it starts raining again! I start sliding at the end of the lap and have a hard time going through the esses. Boom, 12.5 seconds penalty. I reach the pits, switch to IMs again. I leave the pits, no more rain. At the end of lap 6, because of the 3 pitstops, I was just 20 seconds ahead, not enough to end the race after 6 laps, so I had to do a 7th one!
Can you believe that? Are you f-ing kidding me, game?😤🤬

View attachment 1319880

This was on easy. But I've never seen so much dense traffic at the end of the race at any difficulty so far.
I have been caught out like that with tyres,what I do if there is still a wee bit of water on the track is to go to RH tyres,they seem to have more grip for longer when there is a bit of moisture on the track and they still have grip where RM or RS are at the edge of loosing grip.

May I ask why stop on that side of the track? why not stop next to the wall to wait out the time. Its what I do and I never been hit by the AI cars.
No idea, I always stop there and I never got hit by AI while waiting at the line. That's also not what I meant. I was just surprised to see so many cars there so closely together. Never saw this before.

I have been caught out like that with tyres,what I do if there is still a wee bit of water on the track is to go to RH tyres,they seem to have more grip for longer when there is a bit of moisture on the track and they still have grip where RM or RS are at the edge of loosing grip.
Thanks for the tip! Although I'm not pissed when I'm surprised by rain and I'm on slicks. 💩 happens and it can happen in a real race also. But weather changing from dark and rainy to sunny and dry, multiple times and always exactly before/after the pitstop.....that doesn't feel realistic but like the game is mocking me🫤

Last edited:
Did another one with the R33 V-spec, fully upgraded (except turbo) with WR stage 1.
Had to adjust the suspension 'cause it was a bit too soft for my taste.
Good handling, good brakes, very relaxed drive. But rather thirsty. 3 laps on FM6 if you rev it, 4 laps require shifting around 7000 RPM.
And it's not very fast. Top speed is ok (~285 on Mulsanne IIRC) but acceleration is mediocre. Guess it has to do with the rather long gears. I already lowered the default of the transmission (310 km/h) down to 290 but it's still not ideal. You barely ever reach 5th gear. So I guess with a bit of tuning of the ratios you could make the car quite a bit quicker.
Race was dry, so I can't report anything about how the car behaves on a wet surface.

1000010684.png

BTW: If you rev the engine above 10k the needle of the rev gauge jumps clockwise from 10k to zero. A bug I guess?

I'm sure some have already tried this car, but today I tried the engine swapped R34 GT-R. I was very impressed by the efficiency, speed and handling of this car.

If you're looking for a no-stop race, this is a good option. At FM6 I was able to easily complete 7 Laps with only a little short shifting on Lap 7.

Lap times were also quick enough and weather compliant to make 8 laps. Entirely dry, the RH tires were spent by the end. I had to pit for one lap of fuel to make it and only just barely crossed the line before the time limit.

18d142230c881-screenshotUrl.jpg
18d14224fa782-screenshotUrl.jpg
18d1422684a66-screenshotUrl.jpg

Other than the new engine and RH tires, no other modifications have been made. No aids, TC0, ABS default, AI hard.

I saved a VR on board of the last 3 laps. Lap 6 fastest lap, fuel savings and pit on Lap 7, lastly a victory lap for 8.

No idea, I always stop there and I never got hit by AI while waiting at the line. That's also not what I meant. I was just surprised to see so many cars there so closely together. Never saw this before.

Thanks for the tip! Although I'm not pissed when I'm surprised by rain and I'm on slicks. 💩 happens and it can happen in a real race also. But weather changing from dark and rainy to sunny and dry, multiple times and always exactly before/after the pitstop.....that doesn't feel realistic but like the game is mocking me🫤
Another really annoying thing is that the Weather “Forcast” radar on the pre start screen doesn’t work at all,another thing that doesn’t do anything just like the options on the top of the screen when in the pits.

Later tonight I’ll be posting a tune for the De Tomaso Mangusta that I appear to have forgotten to do. I was struggling a bit with this tune, the front end was locking the wheels under braking and having almost zero grip.After changing the ride height and increasing the natural frequency along with some weight on the front end as well as fettling with the LSD I think I have cracked it! I just need to test it a bit later on before posting it.

Another really annoying thing is that the Weather “Forcast” radar on the pre start screen doesn’t work at all,another thing that doesn’t do anything just like the options on the top of the screen when in the pits.
No, it works as advertised, it shows what weather HAD passed in the previous 30 minutes, it does not show future weather, which IMHO is a useless feature to have. What would have been better is to expand the weather radar out to 100 miles / kilometers so during the race we'r would have a better idea on what's coming...

No, it works as advertised, it shows what weather HAD passed in the previous 30 minutes, it does not show future weather, which IMHO is a useless feature to have. What would have been better is to expand the weather radar out to 100 miles / kilometers so during the race we'r would have a better idea on what's coming...
I have never seen anything on so far.

There is something to be said about the older cars...
I just tuned up my Porsche 904 for a run around the track and I was absolutely gobsmacked to find that you CAN easily do the entire race without dipping into the pits (unless you HAVE to change into IMs during race) even at FM1 you can do 6+ laps!
I ran my first race and immediately went to fuel savings mode not knowing the info above and halfway through race i saw that i had plenty of petrol and dropped into FM1 for remainder of race, having to pit for IMs but no refuel.
Ran another race to try out the theory and i was fortunate to get just enough rain but not too much that i would have to switch tyres. I started on FM1 and finished on FM1. I admit that i did not go full out on speed on entire race but i completed a LeMans race with 7 laps and NO PITSTOP at FM1.
Settings are not mine but slightly modified, please visit this garage for great older car setups, @bigmull is the best.
I saved the GT7 video to the server and you can find it with "no pit 904"

There is something to be said about the older cars...
I just tuned up my Porsche 904 for a run around the track and I was absolutely gobsmacked to find that you CAN easily do the entire race without dipping into the pits (unless you HAVE to change into IMs during race) even at FM1 you can do 6+ laps!
I ran my first race and immediately went to fuel savings mode not knowing the info above and halfway through race i saw that i had plenty of petrol and dropped into FM1 for remainder of race, having to pit for IMs but no refuel.
Ran another race to try out the theory and i was fortunate to get just enough rain but not too much that i would have to switch tyres. I started on FM1 and finished on FM1. I admit that i did not go full out on speed on entire race but i completed a LeMans race with 7 laps and NO PITSTOP at FM1.
Settings are not mine but slightly modified, please visit this garage for great older car setups, @bigmull is the best.
I saved the GT7 video to the server and you can find it with "no pit 904"

If you remove the aero stuff it will do over 13 laps on a tank of fuel.

FM1 or FM6?
FM6 but does it realy matter with that much available LOL.It does make the car a bit more difficult to drive though but it can be easily done.I swapped liveries and the one i swapped to had no aero at all,thats how i found out.

You can get 8 laps with FM2 or FM3 and if you get a dry race you also don't need to change tries since they'll last forever.
It will do the whole race on a tank and weather permitting tyres will also last the race.FM is largely immeterial as it will hit well over 170 mph on FM6.I get 10 plus laps of fuel.

It will do the whole race on a tank and weather permitting tyres will also last the race.FM is largely immeterial as it will hit well over 170 mph on FM6.I get 10 plus laps of fuel.
Doing a race now with the RA272

Setup

RM/RM Tires - Front 90% Back Tires 80%
FM4
Lap 6 Fuel is at 4.2 so more then enough for 8 laps
Top speed 199 mph.

Last edited:
What was the Fm and pit strat?
FM1, 1 stop at the end of lap 4. I really like that it’ll hit over 200mph on each straightaway. I enjoy going as a fast as I can, not concerned with how many stops I make. I was lucky it was a dry race. I lapped every car, (except Pos2) on the track.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back