La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

It's Wee Dubble-Yuh time 🙂

First I drove the Polo GTI, fully upgraded except weight reduction (just stage 1). All settings default.
Surprise, surprise! While the car isn't incredibly powerful or fast, it's just an absolute pleasure to drive! Easy to handle, good fuel economy, good brakes, not too harsh on the tires.... can't say anything bad about this car!

1000010733.png

Next was the good, old Bus. Engine swap, fully upgraded, no weight reduction.
Now this one is a bit different when it comes to handling😄 Had to adjust the suspension to make it less wobbly. Also adjusted the gearbox a bit for better speed.

1000010734.png

1000010735.png

With those settings it's not that bad! Needs a bit of care in the corners, especially the more narrow ones. Acceleration is good, top speed ok (around 270 km/h on the straights). Brakes are great and fuel economy isn't bad as long as you don't try to rev 4th up too much. (Should be 3 laps at FM5 I guess, can't say for sure 'cause I switched around on the first three laps and had rain from lap 4 to the end). Tire wear is pretty bad, so I will use RHs instead of Mediums next time. And as expected it's not very good in the rain. But overall it was better than I thought and it's somehow fun to drive.

1000010736.png

BTW: Did anyone ever see this graphics glitch? I've already seen this some time ago but forgot about it. Never saw it again since then until today:

BTW: Did anyone ever see this graphics glitch? I've already seen this some time ago but forgot about it. Never saw it again since then until today:
Do you mean the quick brief "blips" of darkness on tarmac? I use a PS4 slim, and i see this when it rains heavy and the clouds are really small but dark blue and i think it is supposed to show the area getting darker because of the heavy clouds but it happens so fast it blips like that.
What i have a problem with is that the "Brake Zone" assist sometimes become intermittent in the rains, especially at the Mulsanne corner and recently the Dunlop chicane (before bridge).

@Sir Crashalot you have ps plus?
I try to send you a message but your profile here doesn't allow that 🤐

Also if someone want to be " friends " my psn is Smoothbore12 , ill be glad to accept your request.

No time for la sarthe this week , only one race yesterday with @AlexWilmot latest choice.
Very thirsty that damn Italian.

Do you mean the quick brief "blips" of darkness on tarmac? I use a PS4 slim, and i see this when it rains heavy and the clouds are really small but dark blue and i think it is supposed to show the area getting darker because of the heavy clouds but it happens so fast it blips like that.
What i have a problem with is that the "Brake Zone" assist sometimes become intermittent in the rains, especially at the Mulsanne corner and recently the Dunlop chicane (before bridge).
Yes, that's what I meant. I've only seen this twice so far, so I think it's a glitch.
Can't say anything about brake zone assist since I've never used it.

@smoothbore12 Nope, no PS+, sorry.

edit: Do you try to send a message here or on PSN? Should work here.

Last edited:
Doing a race now with the RA272

Setup

RM/RM Tires - Front 90% Back Tires 80%
FM4
Lap 6 Fuel is at 4.2 so more then enough for 8 laps
Top speed 199 mph.
I did a couple of races in it last night got 204 mph on FM6,I looked over my tune and noticed that the rear camber was out then fiddled with the gears,changed a couple of suspension settings to stop the front from diving under heavy braking and hardened the rear compression to stop the rear dipping under acceleration,I am sure that I can get it to go faster on FM6 so will be looking at it again.Luckily the changes made no difference to tyre wear.

I did a couple of races in it last night got 204 mph on FM6,I looked over my tune and noticed that the rear camber was out then fiddled with the gears,changed a couple of suspension settings to stop the front from diving under heavy braking and hardened the rear compression to stop the rear dipping under acceleration,I am sure that I can get it to go faster on FM6 so will be looking at it again.Luckily the changes made no difference to tyre wear.
Please update the settings you have in garage?

Please update the settings you have in garage?
I will be doing this later today.(I will send them to you on PSN so you get first dibs LOL) I just need to check the gears first. I am going to give up tuning the Pantera with the engine swap as I can’t get enough fuel economy to make it competitive.

Last edited:
I will be doing this later today.(I will send them to you on PSN so you get first dibs LOL) I just need to check the gears first. I am going to give up tuning the Pantera with the engine swap as I can’t get enough fuel economy to make it competitive.
Just used the not swapped Pantera for this race, and that car is such a pleasure to drive...sounds awesome and it just looks brilliant with wide body and all the aero parts(one of the few cars, that actually looks different with a wide body kit)

pantera.jpg

Does easy 3 laps on FM5 and does easy 300km/h with FM1(and two laps) and if the rain doesn't get two heavy, it can handle wet roads pretty well with RHs(as long it is not too far up in the middle tier of the rain meter I can do without IMs)

? Competitive for what?

I drove both some time ago, the engine swapped one and the fully upgraded one with the standard engine. The latter one is a lot quicker (fastest lap was ~10 seconds faster IIRC) and also has better fuel economy. But both are more than capable for this race.

Today I bought another Alpine and did my usual full upgrade with WR1.
Also a very good to handle and pretty fast car. I like this one in every variation - stock, maxed out and engine swapped.

1000010737.png

@Batschisane52 I agree on everything but the sound. Don't like that constant rustling, sounds a bit artificial IMO.

Last edited:
? Competitive for what?

I drove both some time ago, the engine swapped one and the fully upgraded one with the standard engine. The latter one is a lot quicker (fastest lap was ~10 seconds faster IIRC) and also has better fuel economy. But both are more than capable for this race.

Today I bought another Alpine and did my usual full upgrade with WR1.
Also a very good to handle and pretty fast car. I like this one in every variation - stock, maxed out and engine swapped.

View attachment 1321072
Well just over 1.7 laps of fuel uncompetetive.Also theres not much leeway in tuning as it has such a high PP before adding 200 kilos of weight and reducint the power to 80 odd %.The non engine swap tune makes it a great car,just have to wait for it to come back to the dealwes.

Well just over 1.7 laps of fuel uncompetetive.Also theres not much leeway in tuning as it has such a high PP before adding 200 kilos of weight and reducint the power to 80 odd %.The non engine swap tune makes it a great car,just have to wait for it to come back to the dealwes.
The Pantera ist in the UCD right now!

Ah, ok, I guess you maxed out the V8 then. My swapped version sits at ~680pp and has exactly 600 bhp. IIRC it does 3 laps at FM5.

Hi everyone, question! I've been doing this with a lot of different cars (absolutely loving the Honda Beat engine swap for it) - however each car so far is terrible on gas.

Which car is really fuel efficiënt for this race? Is there a no-stop car out there (if the race stays dry) :-)

Which car is really fuel efficiënt for this race? Is there a no-stop car out there (if the race stays dry) :-)

My choice for 7 laps without the need to be dry or wet or whatever, is the Mazda LM55 gr1 .
I put intermediate from the beginning and don't care if rains or not.

Mazda 787 and R92CP can also do 7 laps in dry race at FM6 very easily.
There must be other choices also but thats the most easy ones .

Hi everyone, question! I've been doing this with a lot of different cars (absolutely loving the Honda Beat engine swap for it) - however each car so far is terrible on gas.

If I remember this correctly, the DTM Audi can do that...

Mazda 787 and R92CP can also do 7 laps in dry race at FM6 very easily.
There must be other choices also but thats the most easy ones .
Along with those Gr.C cars, just about any Gr.C I'd think could get 7 laps. But I haven't tried them all.

Also any engine swapable cars that accept the Gr.C engines seem to do well.

See my earlier post about the R34 GT-R with the R92CP engine.

If you're playing in VR, the Honda RA272 is a great choice.

I don't have VR and i don't think ill get one in the future.
RA272 is a class of his own .

Definitely the most group C cars are able to pull 7 laps and their swaps also.
The " problem " for me is , why to set FM6 for a 7 lap stint when the most of the times i faced rain ?
That's why i refer to LM55 gr1 , i put FM6 and go for 7 raining or not .
The chances to get dry or almost dry race is around 2-4 at 10 ( usually) .
Of course anyone can set it as he likes and isn't bad at all.

The Honda RA272

this will do 7+ laps without adding fuel (FM6) and if you have a relatively dry race you can go all the way with RH and RM tyres without changing, need to get high RPM turbo for this setup. Also suggest the Brake balance set to -3
18d2c44f4cd41-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_436688622971062_1705814933480.jpg

Last edited:

Honda 272,my tune will give you 11 laps also the Porsche Carrera GTS 605 will give you 10+ laps,the Nissan Skyline Hard Top with engine swap will give you over 5 laps.EType Jag,Alpine 110&220 both one stoppers.

Last edited:
Yes, that's what I meant. I've only seen this twice so far, so I think it's a glitch.
Can't say anything about brake zone assist since I've never used it.
I almost always get that glitch (on PS5) when the track is wet, so I see it a lot. I drive in third person so that might make it more frequent? Surprised that it's never been fixed, it's been around since release.

Regarding brake zones, there are two corners where they sometimes don't appear in the wet, or even in the dry when driving a car with high top speed and/or poor brakes (e.g. the engine swapped BRZ drift car). From memory, the two corners are the sharp right hander at the end of Mulsanne and the sweeping right hander after the Porsche bridge.

My theory is that there's a limit to how far back the game will display the start of these brake zones, and if you need to start braking before that point then it just doesn't show the zones at all. Makes for some interesting times if you're not paying attention in the rain!

Last edited:
I agree with @Erg0 for braking zones , this happens especially in rain or if you have a very fast car in dry that need longer braking distances.

Many times at end of mulsanne at rain , you brake early and the red zone appears at the end when you have lower speed.

Also in some cars the calculation is right ( short of) and in some very inaccurate..
For sure is difficult to make right calculation to have accurate brake zones, don't know what elements are involved but considering tyres that might be different types , speed , tune settings that can vary a lot and all that stuff its very difficult to ask for accuracy.
Although is very different to don't see it at all which is very annoying some times .

Last edited:
Had many days to test a new car there.
Well today i did it using group B cars

Heavy elephants with unbelievable fuel consumption.
Subaru can do 3 laps on MT fuel saving mod but the Ford can't do even that unless you coast also.
IMG_20240122_175610304_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240122_190416555_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240122_185509453_HDR.jpg

At FM1 only one lap is possible 🤣

Rain hit the track and Ford win at 6 laps in a wire.
Subaru did 7 ( not much rain but tyres needed) try to save as much fuel i can and put FM1 AT for 7th lap but wasn't possible to end that way ,so i switch back to MT ,FM6 and say goodbye to them both.
Good cars but their fuel consumption made them useless in that type of race .

It's Wee Dubble-Yuh time 🙂

First I drove the Polo GTI, fully upgraded except weight reduction (just stage 1). All settings default.
Surprise, surprise! While the car isn't incredibly powerful or fast, it's just an absolute pleasure to drive! Easy to handle, good fuel economy, good brakes, not too harsh on the tires.... can't say anything bad about this car!

View attachment 1320924

Next was the good, old Bus. Engine swap, fully upgraded, no weight reduction.
Now this one is a bit different when it comes to handling😄 Had to adjust the suspension to make it less wobbly. Also adjusted the gearbox a bit for better speed.

View attachment 1320925
View attachment 1320926

With those settings it's not that bad! Needs a bit of care in the corners, especially the more narrow ones. Acceleration is good, top speed ok (around 270 km/h on the straights). Brakes are great and fuel economy isn't bad as long as you don't try to rev 4th up too much. (Should be 3 laps at FM5 I guess, can't say for sure 'cause I switched around on the first three laps and had rain from lap 4 to the end). Tire wear is pretty bad, so I will use RHs instead of Mediums next time. And as expected it's not very good in the rain. But overall it was better than I thought and it's somehow fun to drive.

View attachment 1320927

I wouldn’t want to know real world fuel consumption of that upgraded Samba bus at 270 km/h! 🤣

Well, ok, twin turbos and more than 1200bhp, no wonder this thing is thirsty😄

And in original form i think are thirsty, they are too heavy.
In the past i run one but was too thirsty also , if i remember well was able only for two laps at FM6 but was long time ago and am not sure.
Anyway, this category don't have weight reduction so unfortunately the consumption will be high as high the hp are .

Back