La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

1000010791.png

Haywood thought I'm easy prey🤨😄

I HAVE A LOBBY OPEN TO ALL WTC700 SETTINGS INCLUDING RAIN 6X FUEL 10X TYRES

NOW... ROOME NAME :WTC700

closed sorry...

Last edited:
Ok testing this out and.

Mid lap 3 rain starts tracks gets to 50% wet and the AI pits but half don't even change to IM or wets tires only 3 cars changed to IM tyres.

So lap 4 heavy rain comes for the full lap and so beings.:lol:

Pictures are after the AI pits as you can see no tire change with heavy rain starting on lap 4.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240125034311.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240125034324.jpg
Gran Turismo® 7_20240125034333.jpg

Gifs.

Overall not much has changed still stupid rain AI.

One thing I noticed is the AI cars that did change to IM are faster then before the update.

Last edited:
Do you mean the quick brief "blips" of darkness on tarmac? I use a PS4 slim, and i see this when it rains heavy and the clouds are really small but dark blue and i think it is supposed to show the area getting darker because of the heavy clouds but it happens so fast it blips like that.
What i have a problem with is that the "Brake Zone" assist sometimes become intermittent in the rains, especially at the Mulsanne corner and recently the Dunlop chicane (before bridge).

Ok testing this out and.

Mid lap 3 rain starts tracks gets to 50% wet and the AI pits but half don't even change to IM or wets tires only 3 cars changed to IM tyres.

So lap 4 heavy rain comes for the full lap and so beings.:lol:

Pictures are after the AI pits as you can see no tire change with heavy rain starting on lap 4.
View attachment 1322269View attachment 1322270View attachment 1322271

Gifs.

Overall not much has changed still stupid rain AI.

One thing I noticed is the AI cars that did change to IM are faster then before the update.

This. My guess is that only some conditions have been fixed. For example AI driving better/faster with the right tyres on. Of course, driving with racing hard on a totally wet track is going to be difficult for real players, too. And maybe, the effect of the AI fix is different on other tracks? How about Spa or some of those always rainy tracks in Japan?

It’s double.
IMG_3659.png
IMG_3660.png

Kept praying for rain. Had to pit the first 4 laps, before any clouds showed up. Had dark blue rain just before the end of Lap 4. Wet the track enough for me to run Lap 5 and 6. Changed tyres for the last lap.
Genesis is good for FM1, probably without filling up. I added .5laps of fuel, as a precaution(finished with .4laps in the tank). Hybrid depleted at Lap 5. Didn’t make a difference in performance.

It’s double.
View attachment 1322572View attachment 1322573

Kept praying for rain. Had to pit the first 4 laps, before any clouds showed up. Had dark blue rain just before the end of Lap 4. Wet the track enough for me to run Lap 5 and 6. Changed tyres for the last lap.
Genesis is good for FM1, probably without filling up. I added .5laps of fuel, as a precaution(finished with .4laps in the tank). Hybrid depleted at Lap 5. Didn’t make a difference in performance.
How's the driving? Watched some video yesterday and the guy said it feels like a huge brick. Lots of understeer and then suddenly snap oversteer.

One run yesterday with swapped Jag and settings pretty much default.
View attachment 1322575View attachment 1322574

This car has potential and very economic on fuels.
Can do 5.8 laps at FM6 which means with a bit of short shift easy do 6 .
Ill keep on with it hoping to find dry weather.
I used it yesterday as well, will need to look at my setup. My screenshot did not save properly so I forget the details, but I had a dry race and 1 pit stop. Was able to get 8 laps, fastest lap around 3:55 I believe.

This morning I ran with the AMG swapped 190E. No tuning but max parts I could fit to get it to 699pp. Car was very tail happy, even on RS tires. Did 3 laps on FM1, but just barely.

I used it yesterday as well, will need to look at my setup. My screenshot did not save properly so I forget the details, but I had a dry race and 1 pit stop. Was able to get 8 laps, fastest lap around 3:55 I believe.

This morning I ran with the AMG swapped 190E. No tuning but max parts I could fit to get it to 699pp. Car was very tail happy, even on RS tires. Did 3 laps on FM1, but just barely.
side note: it seems to me I am going to have to buy a second 190E just for the engine swap version....

Yes this Jag can be very fast indeed.
Didn't run at FM1 due to rain that caught me but under proper tuning can be very fast at that track .

As for 190 i use it once but was allover the place and didn't bother more .
Two swapped cars i want to use , the one with NSX engine and the Toyota under LFA engine.
But first i wanna try again XJ220.

Wanted to test the Genesis VGT. But either I'm overlooking something or the only way to bring this to 700PP is using Heavy Wets? Anyway, horrible to drive, tires already about 25% worn after half a lap....no, thx, not my cup of tea.

So I used one of my favorite Porsches, the Cayman, maxed out engine, WR1:

1000010817.png

1000010818.png

Great car! Fun to drive, great sound and it revs up so nicely! Good brakes, easy on tires, good economy. FM6 all the way, 3 laps without any management. Easy 4 laps if you shift at 7.5k-8k.
Race was dry except for light rain on lap 4 which made the track a bit slippery and gave me some penalties.

1000010819.png

One run yesterday with swapped Jag and settings pretty much default.
View attachment 1322575View attachment 1322574

This car has potential and very economic on fuels.
Can do 5.8 laps at FM6 which means with a bit of short shift easy do 6 .
Ill keep on with it hoping to find dry weather.

You want dry weather, I need rain. :lol:

Got rain middle of Lap 3-5. Had to keep slowing for yellow flags. So, finish time is high.
Upped the power to 75%. FM3 and shifting way before any red. Saved me two laps of fuel at the start of my final lap, but hybrid power depleted by end of Lap 3. Again, didn’t notice any lack of performance.
IMG_3661.png

How's the driving? Watched some video yesterday and the guy said it feels like a huge brick. Lots of understeer and then suddenly snap oversteer.
Nothing like that happened to me. That player may feel it’s like a brick, because of the anti-roll bar setting. We can’t adjust the suspension. So, it’s setting at F1/R1 doesn’t make it as responsive as it could be.

Tried the 190 E with Medium and High turbo. Not much difference in performance. Love being able to use it in this race.
IMG_3664.png
IMG_3665.png

The AE86 is fun as well. FM3 nets 3.3Laps. Takes a bit to get to get up to speed, but I love my N2 cars.
IMG_3668.png

IMG_3669.png

E30 just screams to 12,000 revs. I‘ll experiment with top speed(Racing trans default gearing at 425kmh), as it was reaching 325kmh very quickly. Now, just need an RS500 swap and my Group A cars will be the only cars in my garage.
IMG_3666.png
IMG_3667.png

Going to try the ‘90 R32 with the NISMO ‘17. Might be overkill, but should be fun.

Um, I can win this race in unswapped 190Es, AE86s, and E30s, so not sure what you're on about "being happy that you can now use these cars"

Today i run again XJ220 .
Full weight reduction ,some tweaks in suspension but not pleased .
Definitely this car suffers in brake area , needs more distance anyway .

What surprised me was a brand new malfunction that added with last update.
Lost the brakes ( rain ) at end of mulsanne and got sideways without to hit something, when i get back on track , rear right wheel was in red ( like when overheating) for a very long period like when you have damage.
The car wasn't accelerate at all and TC was working overtime.
From the outside camera i realise that the tyre was scrubbing on the wing .
I never experience this before .

The other thing was the AI, almost all of them switched to rain tyres , intermediate ones and the majority pit again when track was drying at 5th lap.
Don't know if they're faster but at least the don't use wrong tyres.

Um, I can win this race in unswapped 190Es, AE86s, and E30s, so not sure what you're on about "being happy that you can now use these cars"
Hey, that’s cool you can win with them. Because I don’t use my Group A in this race. I just use the RC F GT3 or Gr.4 Supra. You using unswapped cars, has nothing to do with how I use my cars. All good?

Just drove the Nismo R400 with all non permanent racing upgrades and a mid-rev turbo.

Pretty disappointing for 1.8kk. The handling is....ok I guess. Bit too much understeer IMO. Brakes are not very good. With heavy rain on IMs things got worse. Car goes everywhere under braking.
Tires wear down quickly. Sound is rather boring also. And why the hell does the engine hit the limiter at ~8200 rpm? Rev counter goes up to eleven.....
Fuel economy is ok for a rather heavy car. 3 laps at FM5.

Maybe needs some suspension tuning to be good.

@05XR8: I tried the Genesis at 700PP and then also with stock settings in a time trial and I just don't like this car.

Just drove the Nismo R400 with all non permanent racing upgrades and a mid-rev turbo.

Pretty disappointing for 1.8kk. The handling is....ok I guess. Bit too much understeer IMO. Brakes are not very good. With heavy rain on IMs things got worse. Car goes everywhere under braking.
Tires wear down quickly. Sound is rather boring also. And why the hell does the engine hit the limiter at ~8200 rpm? Rev counter goes up to eleven.....
Fuel economy is ok for a rather heavy car. 3 laps at FM5.

Maybe needs some suspension tuning to be good.

@05XR8: I tried the Genesis at 700PP and then also with stock settings in a time trial and I just don't like this car.
Yeah, it’s a love hate with this car, but more hate, because it’s a VGT. :lol:

Hey, that’s cool you can win with them. Because I don’t use my Group A in this race. I just use the RC F GT3 or Gr.4 Supra. You using unswapped cars, has nothing to do with how I use my cars. All good?
I didn't mean any offense by my statement...I was just confused why you were excited about "now" being able to use the cars for this race, as if it was something brand new that they could be competitive.

1000010820.png

Last race of the day and I'm proud of this one!
I love the C1, it's such a beautiful car! But it's not easy to drive and every slide costs time. And I drove it "classic style", no TCS, no ABS.
Race was completely dry, so 7 laps. Got fresh tires and fuel after third lap at P3. Was at P9 after the pitstop and knew that my only chance to win was a 4 lap stint. Took P1 when Portilla drove into the pits at the end of 6th. 15% fuel left, half worn tires and McEwen just 9 seconds behind me. Wasn't sure if I can make it until I reached the esses, crossed goal line with 1% fuel left.

Just had 3 races on this track and I have come to believe that in the last update,whilst increasing the AI grip/speed when wet they have reduced the grip not only in the dry but also in the wet on player cars.On top of this, track now dries much faster.I ran 3 different cars and across the board the lap times were increased by up to 5 seconds compared with the pre update lap times.

@smoothbore12
Here is a setup for the swap MB190E, it is stable for controller users and use caution when exiting turns you may experience oversteer that can be tamed with TCS2.
EDIT: I forgot to add that i have a full rollbar installed and the following Aero parts.
Front A / Rear B / Custom Wing Low
Also do not forget the ballast to get proper 50/50 balance (stability)
With careful fuel minded driving you can get 6 laps at FM6 (5 is easy)

In video you can see that I pass P1 before the Mulsanne Corner.

18d486bb09772-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_436816183253479_1706313215833.jpg
18d486bc5ab7-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_436816186848296_1706313229876.jpg

Hope this works for you.

Last edited:
Back