La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

This is my guide to FUEL CONSERVATION at Le Mans...

All the information given is a guide, it it not etched in stone as rules, adjust to your driving and such. These steps I use for maximum fuel saving especially if I am driving a car that barely gets 2 laps at FM6.

A) Use FM6 immediately upon start of race.
B) Get behind P1 and stay there as long as possible, get close like 1 car length or so, ride his slipstream and save fuel.
C) Cut your throttle long before your braking point and coast to it, and if possible coast through the turns some, this also saves fuel.
D) When you are in P1, try not to exceed 160MPH (258KmPH) This too will save you fuel. If you find yourself at 0.8 or 0.9 lap left at the end of a lap, you can stretch it out by dropping your speed to no more than 130MPH (209KmPH) and will be able to make the lap.
E) Pay attention to the weather, you do not want to drive fast in the rain and this will save fuel.

I hope this helps all the newer entrants to this wonderful race.

One more observation on the Le Mans WTC700, If you feel its not right to use a Gr.3 or higher car in this race then consider this...
24 Hrs of Le Mans is a multi-class race event, you basically have four different class races going on the same track at the same time. It is quite normal to have a LMP2 car pass a GT car in the race.

p.s. i will be posting all my Ferrari settings here soon
All very valid points made.Personally i only use FM6 untill the last lap fuel and tyres permitting.then go hell for leather.Most of my tunes will give over 3 laps of fuel and are tuned using FM6.I tend to build a lead up before pitting or the rain comes then do a dash and splash.There are plenty of Classics that get over 4 laps of fuel and a select few can return 10 plus laps so there is plenty to chose from.The big US barndoor cars often have terrible fuel use but can still win as they can build up a good lead.The Skyline Hard top can have a mid twenty second lead by the end of the third lap!

Credits are no problem, still I don't wanna waste a few millions on a car I probably just drive once. I've never been a big Lambo fan and the fact that it's a prototype also turns me off.
But the sound is nice, as I know from @bigmull 's video. I will now look for a video in cockpit view to see if I like the design/view and then make a decision.

@AlexWilmot: Did you turn down the engine sound or is the car really that quiet?
I am not a Ferrari fan,that said i do love the Classic Ferraris in the game,any after '76 in my mind are ugly.But then thats just me.The two Alfa Classics are great cars to race as is the Maserati Spyder.

Watched a video of the Miura in cockpit view, liked what I saw, so I bought the car.

p.s. i had to change the color too, i do not like that mustard orange color that was original, and whe i repaint cars i try to use factory colours.
Yeah, I feel the same. The color it comes with doesn't look very good. I didn't decide on a final paint yet, so meanwhile I made this:

1000010660.png

I gave it all non-permanent racing upgrades and chose RMs 'cause it weighs less than a ton. I didn't change any settings 'cause I wanted to see how it is with defaults.

And well, it's pretty much what I thought it would be. Reminds me a lot of those old MR-Ferraris I drove recently.
The car is surprisingly quick but the rear is very loose and want to slide in every corner.
It's one of those cars you need to learn to drive. You have to know how fast you can take a corner 'cause if you're too fast - even a little bit - you loose the car. On the second lap I passed 2 cars on Mulsanne before the Indianapolis corner and took the lead. At the esses they both passed me again because I didn't dare to drive any faster😄

1000010661.png

But although this is the type of car that makes me anxious, I somehow like it. Next time I will turn up the aero and play with suspension settings to see if this helps.

Last edited:
😳🫢

😄🍻

I don't think I will ever buy one of the Alfas but I will definitely get the Maserati when it's available again!
You made the right decision with buying the Miura...give it a try with the rear-wing, that changes a lot and you don't have to be anxious anymore...;)

Having said that, you are gonna make the wrong decision when you don't get the two classic Alfas, both are among the nicest cars to drive in this game...and the Giulia GT sprint is cheap to get!
I have 26 Giulia GTs in m garage by now. Twenty for a one-make custom race grid I havn't finalized yet, one for a rally/rallycross grid and then I want one in each of the original colours...)
The Zagato is a dream to drive but expensive, so I settled with just one...

I’ll just leave this here.It is a WIP,the gears need sorting big time,that said you can get into 4th on the straight doing 170+ mph. Can get a whole race on RH and just over 4 laps of fuel.

Oh, I have the Giulia, twice. I thought he meant the Zagato and the Berlinetta.
It's a little bit difficult with naming the Alfas correctly, because at the moment, we have 3 Giulias in the game:

.) Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato CN.AR750106 1965

.) Giulia Sprint GT Veloce 1967

.) Giulia GTAm 2020

I would like to have the Berlinetta( and that Mercedes Barker), but not for that many credits...mybe somewhen in the future

It's a little bit difficult with naming the Alfas correctly, because at the moment, we have 3 Giulias in the game:

.) Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato CN.AR750106 1965

.) Giulia Sprint GT Veloce 1967

.) Giulia GTAm 2020

I would like to have the Berlinetta( and that Mercedes Barker), but not for that many credits...mybe somewhen in the future
Yeah, I see. So I own the Giulia Sprint GT Veloce 1967 and also have the Giulia GTAm 2020.
The Zagato somehow doesn't excite me.
And yeah, I would also buy the Berlinetta (and the Barker) if they were cheaper. 3-4kk would be a fair price in my opinion.

Last edited:
Yeah, I see. So I own the Giulia Sprint GT Veloce 1967 and also have the Giulia GTAm 2020.
The Zagato somehow doesn't excite me.
And yeah, I would also buy the Berlinetta (and the Barker) if they were cheaper. 3-4kk would be a fair price in my opinion.
The Zagato is a great car,looks great,sounds great and drives really well.Its a plodder but can win easily at Le Mans.

Last edited:
The Zagato is a great car,looks great,sounds great and drives really well.Its a plodder but can win easily at Le Mans.
Sorry, but I'm really not a fan of this design. Especially the rear. Cockpit view also not very appealing with whatever that is there on the left and the wiper across the windscreen.

1000010668.png

How do you guys enter group C cars in this race? I've been unable so far to get any of them at 700PP 🤔🫣

You must doing something wrong, if you look carefully to our sheets and copy them you must be OK .
Most important is to add power restrictor and ballast in the " right " position.
The others are suspension settings, LCD settings, gearbox ( usually racing one but not always ) and aero settings which are mostly higher in the back , lowest in front.

Found that this Honda Beat is amazing once you slap some racing softs on it, FM6. Typing this while waiting at the finish with still a 3:50 margin with 2nd place 😂

Attachments

• 17053382603303006862350011818087.jpg
    17053382603303006862350011818087.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 10
I've see many ppl here using their phone camera to take pics of the screen.
Maybe not everybody knows but the PlayStation app, available for both, Android & iPhone, has a feature that automatically sends all the screenshots you take in game to your phone. (Works for screen recordings also but with some limitations. Just 1080p and only for clips up to 3 minutes). PS+ is not required.

I am glad to know I'm not the only one that uses the Brake Zone Assist :cheers:
I actually use it not when to brake but when to stop braking as it dissapears when you are at an appropriate speed.I also use the racing line to show me the upcoming track as i have visual impairement that means i can only see just whats immediatly coming not whats in the distance.

Ahh i get you now,funnily enough i cant use this view at all unless i am doing 30 mph!
I play ~95% of the time in cockpit view. Just very rarely I use bumper view for time trials or if I drive a car with really bad cockpit view (like the LM55, when I did the 1 hour Spa for the weekly challenge).

Unrelated post...

Watching another year of the 24 hr Le Mans, and i have to admit i am so glad that the gravel traps in GT7 are not like real where you would need a Manitou to get your car out in no less than 2-3 minutes delay....

Did a Quick stock take...
Just need to do this race 193 times more to have enough money to buy the cars I need for completion
Gt7.PNG

Been having a lot of fun with this car in the 600pp Watkins Glen Chilli race,
So I threw on a Turbo and some RH tyres and gave it a go, was dry race most of the time with lap 5 being "damp" but one set of RH lasted the whole race and some

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240116162133.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240116162310.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240116162329.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240116162319.jpg

I did the newest TT and found out that I actually really enjoy driving the Mazda RX 8 and that there are two of them in my garage...I got one for the rotary-menue book and I did win one with a roulette ticket, and I think I never did drive one...and I completly overlooked the fact, that you can put the 787b engine in it...

I guess most of you know, that the 787b is one of the best(and most expensive) swappable engines and probably the best when it comes to fuel efficiency...i really enjoy it in the RX7, especially for our race here...

So I made a livery, tuned this two cars, one with the engine swap and on with the normal tuning options and tryied out how they work this race...

First the "normal" car:

Tuned it up tp 687PP with RH(so I have the RM option for the race)-1100kg/305kw, mid range turbo...
It will do 3 laps on FM4(I guess even on FM3) and I reckon the RMs will do three laps as well(I was using RHs and after two laps they still looked pretty fresh).
There was a big wall of rain showing up in the second hals of lap 2, so i pitted for IMs, heavy rain in laps 3 and 4, stopped raining in lap 5 and was drying up very quick, so i switched to RMs for the last two laps but to my big suprise the race ended after my 6th lap...
Easy win!

Now the one with the 787b engine:

Reached more than 750PP with RHs(and more than 500kws with grade two weight reduction and only non permanent tunig parts), so I tuned it down to 327KWs(weight 1205kg) to get below 700PP with RMs...
Will do 5 laps and more on FM3, but I guess the tyres won't...so I was planning a 4-3/one stop strategy, but again heavy rain coming in after lap 2, so again switching to IMs...this time it continued to rain until the end of lap 5, still full wet roads in lap 6, so I stayed on the IMs...after lap 6 there were two minutes on the clock and the car on second place alsmost 3 minutes behind, so i just sitted it out...
Very easy win!

rx8 jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back