La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

With some aero it handles really well, especially a rear spoiler is necessary, to make it brak in a straight line...give it another try, I really enjoy this car after some tuning and customsation...

And with a fitting livery, the rear spoiler dosen't realy spoil the look if the car...;)
Straight line braking can be improved easily so there is no “snaking”. The Aston Martin DB3S is a case in point,it can easily hit over 200 mph but stopping it is another matter as you can improve the discs but not the pads.It’s notorious for snaking under heavy braking,but my tune has eliminated it. The DB3S also only has skinny tyres which is another factor. It was a hard car to tune and certainly isn’t an easy car to drive but get used to it it becomes a great car to use.

Yeah, it's a fast car, no doubt about that! And I'm sure that those 3 stages of weight reduction will help with fuel economy. I never do this though.
I also am reluctant to use weight reduction but there are times when you need to.If possible I always apply the body ridigity upgrade as it helps with cornering etc.

Gave this car a go, unfortunately I could only use Slicks for the first 2 laps as it was very wet for the rest of it

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240113154237.jpg

Definitely no snap oversteer as some claim

Me & my horses - Pt.1

Recently I decided to drive all the Ferraris I own in chronological order. So here's my experience with the first four:

Dino 246GT

1000010622.png

1000010623.png

The project started how I like it - with pure chaos🤣
I love how this car looks & sounds! But I don't like how it drives. I don't know how to explain this and if there's a term for this but it's like the steering gets stuck. So you go into a corner and you release the steering but the car keeps going in the direction you steered and it requires counter steering to go straight again. Awful! And then there's also this snap oversteer (I guess?) which is really annoying in the esses. One moment I was like "Oh, the car is doing pretty well here" and a second later I was having an unexpected meeting with Mister Barry R.
Also, if an AI car hits you, it's almost impossible to save the car. So overall you have to drive very carefully with this thing.
On the plus side it's pretty fast, the brakes are quite good for an old car and the fuel efficiency is pretty good also. You can do 3 laps on FM3 without any management.
But unfortunately rain started already at the end of 2nd and so I had to pit early. I was on P19(!) after my pitstop but thanks to the incredibly dumb AI(?) I could take P1 within a lap. The remaining three laps required just driving very carefully but because of the car and the heavy rain (rainmeter darkblue, above 2/3) I was under constant tension. So much that I completely forgot to check fuel. I turned FM up to have an advantage on the straights but then forgot to turn it down again and so I ran out of fuel just after the esses in the 6th and final lap. Still won with more than two minutes in lead.

1000010618.png

365GTB4

1000010624.png

1000010625.png

The complete opposite to the Dino. Visually this is my least favorite Ferrari in the game. But in contrast to the Dino, a car that constantly tries to kill you, it's pretty easy to drive. It may slide a bit if you're too fast into a corner but it's always controllable. Brakes are ok and so is tire wear. Suspension was a bit soft and "wobbly" on default settings so I lowered the car a few millimeters and set the ARBs up to 5.
Race was rather boring, a little bit of rain on laps 4&5 but not enough to require IMs.
Did 3 laps on FM4 without any fuel management on RMs and 4 laps with a bit of shortshifting on RHs and FM6.

1000010619.png

308GTB

1000010626.png

1000010627.png

The successor to the Dino. And it is indeed the same as the Dino, a car that looks amazing (IMO ofc) but is rather awful to drive.
First, although this is completely maxed out and weighs just 1090 kilograms, it doesn't feel very fast or powerful.
Second, it has the tendency to slide in every corner. Now as long as it is dry and the tires are fresh, this isn't so bad. But as soon as the tires wear down (which happens rather quickly) or the surface gets wet, the car becomes pretty much uncontrollable through corners.
Only good thing I can say about this car is that it's efficient on fuel. 3 laps on FM3.
For the race it started raining on lap 3 but just lightly. I pitted after 3rd and switched to IMs. Quite heavy rain on lap 4, then it started to dry up. IMs were ok until lap 6 but then died within one lap. Luckily my lead was just barely enough to end the race at this point.

1000010620.png

512BB

1000010628.png

1000010629.png

Pretty much all I wrote about the 308GTB is also true for this car. Same tendency to slide in every corner. Pretty bad when wet or tires are worn down.
Efficiency is ofc worse 'cause the car weighs in at 1.4 tons. Still, 3 laps on FM4 and 4 laps on FM6 are not bad. Sound is nice but somehow muffled.
Had two dry laps until it started raining. 3rd lap was chaos with 3 yellow flags and lot of crashes. Went from P12 to P1.
This was, AFAIR, the first 6 lap race where I didn't have to stop and wait for the clock to run down. Looks like the car isn't a very quick one🤣

1000010621.png

So far a rather disappointing experience. But I'm positive that the next batch will be better👍

Last edited:
Many thanks for the plug,regarding carbon brakes,don’t waste your money with them.Someone did a test on brakes,the carbon ones had no improvement over drilled or slotted discs at all,also there was no difference between the other 2 disc types.
I, as many others do not like to admit when wrong, and in this case of the Carbon Brakes I am compelled to do so as i just went with my Muira (settings as for the LeMans race) to Route X for a brake test video shoot. I am posting video and there is not a commentary track, I was at top speed when i applied brakes at the 2Km line, I do NOT apply full brakes as they will lock up wheels and slide therefore nullifying the test, I applied brakes as hard as i could with out locking up and as you will see the results were the same, halfway to 2300 meters.
I still feel i get better braking control with the carbons...(but that is my opinon)

I, as many others do not like to admit when wrong, and in this case of the Carbon Brakes I am compelled to do so as i just went with my Muira (settings as for the LeMans race) to Route X for a brake test video shoot. I am posting video and there is not a commentary track, I was at top speed when i applied brakes at the 2Km line, I do NOT apply full brakes as they will lock up wheels and slide therefore nullifying the test, I applied brakes as hard as i could with out locking up and as you will see the results were the same, halfway to 2300 meters.
I still feel i get better braking control with the carbons...(but that is my opinon)

I need to do a test but I think Carbon vs the other two options is not the braking/stopping performance but rather the heat it gives off and thus affecting tyre wear. But I need to do a test for that

I just did another run with the Muira (different account) and my rear was all over the place, i forgot to adjust the aero and balast, I am a doofus...

p.s. i had to change the color too, i do not like that mustard orange color that was original, and whe i repaint cars i try to use factory colours.

Last edited:

I have noticed that if you use Cadence braking that it stops the car better,not all cars need this.It might be wishful thinking that allows the brakes to cool thus maintaining braking or it really does.Having a decent suspension setup also helps on some cars the front brakes can be quite viscous and that lets the rear to get “light” making the rear brake not as effective and encourages the back end to get loose.

I just did another run with the Muira (different account) and my rear was all over the place, i forgot to adjust the aero and balast, I am a doofus...

p.s. i had to change the color too, i do not like that mustard orange color that was original, and whe i repaint cars i try to use factory colours.
Here is a video of my Mura,it’s not a brand new one but you can get the general idea, I will do another one tonight.

Does the Ferrari 365 come with a wide body kit?

I have a car in mind for this race but we'll see how it works out 🤣

Last edited:
There is a knack to driving these old Classics ,the best way to see it in action is by looking at races from the Goodwood Revival on YT.Plus it’s a great excuse to watch extremely rare cars race against each other.

Last edited:
It is where you apply your brakes then release, reapply,rinse and repeat,in essence it replicates ABS.
Oh that's what it's called, I've been doing that long time now, never knew it had a name for it...
Talk about coincidences, I just took a break from driving and went to watch an episode of Top Gear (UK) and it's season 31 episode 5, and what do I find? CHRIS HARRIS talking and driving the Muira SV! funny how life works this easy

Oh that's what it's called, I've been doing that long time now, never knew it had a name for it...
Talk about coincidences, I just took a break from driving and went to watch an episode of Top Gear (UK) and it's season 31 episode 5, and what do I find? CHRIS HARRIS talking and driving the Muira SV! funny how life works this easy
You really should check out the Goodwood Revival from last year,some epic races between E Types and Cobras just for starters.There must be several hundred millions of pounds worth of cars racing.

Bought another DB5 yesterday, did full upgrades and chose a classic Bond style.

1000010645.png

First, I gave it a try with the supercharger. Very quick but extremely thirsty. Too thirsty for one stop.
Without the charger the car feels a bit underpowered but therefore the race actually felt like a race! At lap 3 it was a battle between me, Yamanaka and Portilla and the lead switched between us several times. On lap 4 I managed to get a 8 second lead on Portilla but during lap 5 he was gaining on me because my tires had worn quite a bit. On the end of lap 5 he was just 3 seconds behind me and I knew I wouldn't be able to stay in front for another lap. Luckily he (and Yamanaka) had to pit so I won after 6 laps by 26 seconds.

1000010646.png

Bought another DB5 yesterday, did full upgrades and chose a classic Bond style.

View attachment 1319219

First, I gave it a try with the supercharger. Very quick but extremely thirsty. Too thirsty for one stop.
Without the charger the car feels a bit underpowered but therefore the race actually felt like a race! At lap 3 it was a battle between me, Yamanaka and Portilla and the lead switched between us several times. On lap 4 I managed to get a 8 second lead on Portilla but during lap 5 he was gaining on me because my tires had worn quite a bit. On the end of lap 5 he was just 3 seconds behind me and I knew I wouldn't be able to stay in front for another lap. Luckily he (and Yamanaka) had to pit so I won after 6 laps by 26 seconds.

View attachment 1319220
Funnily enough I was driving this last night, I did tinker with the tune and improved it a bit, I have posted the latest tune.

Last edited:
I wasn't doing this race that much in the last weeks like I did before(spent most of my gaming time with custom races and started to play Outward...), but after Mr. Smoothbore was dissing the Miura a little bit, I had to give it a try, because i remember it as beeing one of the fastest road cars I tried at this race...

And what shall I say, my memory was right...!
I love this car and I even go as far as saying,that there is nothing about that car i don't like...it's fast, it's good to handle(at least with for me with my tune), and it looks and sounds awsome...

IMG_1098.jpg

The race was very typical...started to rain at beginning of lap 3 and by the end of lap 3 the roads were wet, stopped raining in the second half of lap 5 with track started to dry up during lap 6, mostly dry in lap 7...so a 3(RH)-3(IM)-1(RM) strategy was obvious
But the car is very easy on the tires-three laps on RMs should be no problem at all, the RH were almost unused after the first three laps...I used FM6 for the first lap, but switched to FM4 for the other laps, no problem...last lap was on FM1 and it was going like a rocket, hitting more than 300km/h at all three parts of Muslanne in that final lap!
(managed to take the lead already at the Porsche sign in the first lap. so even with RHs and FM6 it is very fast)

Mr Smoothbore, here is my tune, give it a try...

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

Overall an excellent drive, definitly one of my favorites for this race and a real beauty...

miura.jpg

Last edited:
I already made the decision to not buy this car and now I'm unsure again🤔 Thx @Batschisane52🤣

BTW folks: I've done this race many, many times now, so I'm very well used to the track and how it looks.
I just did a time trial and for the first time I chose "Morning". It's incredible how much difference the lightning makes! That looked so....different!

Last edited:
I wasn't doing this race that much in the last weeks like I did before(spent most of my gaming time with custom races and started to play Outward...), but after Mr. Smoothbore was dissing the Miura a little bit, I had to give it a try, because i remember it as beeing one of the fastest road cars I tried at this race...

I love this car and I even go as far as saying,that there is nothing about that car i don't like...it's fast, it's good to handle(at least with for me with my tune), and it looks and sounds awsome...

View attachment 1319255

The race was very typical...started to rain at beginning of lap 3 and by the end of lap 3 the roads were wet, stopped raining in the second half of lap 5 with track started to dry up during lap 6, mostly dry in lap 7...so a 3(RH)-3(IM)-1(RM) strategy was obvious
But the car is very easy on the tires-three laps on RMs should be no problem at all, the RH were almost unused after the first three laps...I used FM6 for the first lap, but switched to FM4 for the other laps, no problem...last lap was on FM1 and it was going like a rocket, hitting more than 300km/h at all three parts of Muslanne in that final lap!
(managed to take the lead already at the Porsche sign in the first lap. so even with RHs and FM6 it is very fast)

View attachment 1319252
View attachment 1319253
Overall an excellent drive, definitly one of my favorites for this race and a real beauty...

View attachment 1319254
Moin,moin.If you think the Lamborghini is fast,try the Skyline Hard Top with the engine swap. Can very nearly do the whole race on a tank and tyres will last the race.On FM6 it will hit nearly 200 mph,FM1 will exceed that by a big margin and it sounds great.Just do a lap to heat the tyres up as I used RH and off you go into the sunset.This has become my fave go to car of the game.

View attachment 1319255

View attachment 1319252
View attachment 1319253

View attachment 1319254
Ill give it a try ,after all as i wrote the car was in stock condition,with upgrades ( not aero or engine ) but stock values.
Under " proper" settings is another story .
@Sir Crashalot i see no reason to not buy it unless you have other cars in priority and not enough credits.
Cars in that class, definitely need a " touch" to be competitive and enjoyable at the same time.
Some are easier than others and some more difficult to deal with.

Me & my horses - Pt.2

GTO

1000010648.png

1000010649.png

This car is very fast (hits 310+ km/h on Mulsanne) and it's good to drive as long as it's dry. On a wet track it's a bit different and also it doesn't brake very well in the rain. It's very thirsty, FM6 all the time and still some shortshifting is required for 3 laps. Great Sound!
Race was dry for 3 laps, quite heavy rain on 4&5. 6 laps total.

1000010656.png

Testarossa

1000010651.png

1000010650.png

Fast & Furious Powerful! Great Sound! Good to drive but you feel the weight. That applies to braking also. Car is quite thirsty, 3 laps on FM6.
For the race the weather was mocking me. Looked like rain coming up at the end of 3rd so I chose IMs. But there was no rain and the tires were completely dead after just 1 lap. So I was forced to pit again. At least I didn't need to manage fuel for the remaining three laps.

1000010657.png

F40

1000010652.png

1000010653.png

Now this is THE classic Ferrari and it's an amazing car, no doubt! It's obvious that it was meant to be a street legal race car. Light, agile, very stable and lots of power. But yeah, the engine has quite some lag and ofc I once again forgot to activate the anti lag system after I bought it. But whatever, doesn't really matter much on this track I guess.
The car has very good brakes and a great sound, but IT'S JUST NOT LOUD ENOUGH! Or maybe I'm already half deaf🤣
It's not as thirsty as I thought, 3 laps on FM5 are no problem.
The race was rather boring, dry except for two short showers. Easy win after 7 laps.

1000010658.png

F50

1000010654.png

1000010655.png

Not nearly as popular as the F40 but in terms of design this is one of my favorites! It also drives very well, maybe even better than the F40, and it feels more "comfortable", not as stiff. It's also pretty good on a wet track with IMs! The engine feels (and sounds) very good but, at least here in this race, with 700PP, the F50 is noticably slower than the F40. It's also more thirsty. 3 laps require either a mix of FM5&6 or shortshifting on FM5.
In the race I had 2 dry laps and unexpected, quite heavy rain on lap 3. Had to drive very carefully, still slid off track twice and managed to accumulate 17.5 seconds penalty before I made it to the pits.
Heavy showers also for the rest of the race which I ended after lap 6 and just 15 seconds waiting time before crossing the line.

1000010659.png

As expected this second part of my Ferrari experience was much more fun than the first one. Every car here is fast, powerful and, most important, good and easy to drive. And those are the cars I saw on TV and in magazines when I was a teenager/young adult and always wanted to drive. When I hear "Ferrari" the first cars that come to my mind are usually the Testarossa and the F40.

Last edited:
@Sir Crashalot i see no reason to not buy it unless you have other cars in priority and not enough credits.
Cars in that class, definitely need a " touch" to be competitive and enjoyable at the same time.
Some are easier than others and some more difficult to deal with.
Credits are no problem, still I don't wanna waste a few millions on a car I probably just drive once. I've never been a big Lambo fan and the fact that it's a prototype also turns me off.
But the sound is nice, as I know from @bigmull 's video. I will now look for a video in cockpit view to see if I like the design/view and then make a decision.

@AlexWilmot: Did you turn down the engine sound or is the car really that quiet?

Last edited:
Credits are no problem, still I don't wanna waste a few millions on a car I probably just drive once. I've never been a big Lambo fan and the fact that it's a prototype also turns me off.
But the sound is nice, as I know from @bigmull 's video. I will now look for a video in cockpit view to see if I like the design/view and then make a decision.

@AlexWilmot: Did you turn down the engine sound or is the car really that quiet?
It wants to be revved up high into the red line up to 8k but I didn’t to save fuel and this doesn’t sound that loud,

Also I think the stock engine sounds louder than the hellcat engine

This is my guide to FUEL CONSERVATION at Le Mans...

All the information given is a guide, it it not etched in stone as rules, adjust to your driving and such. These steps I use for maximum fuel saving especially if I am driving a car that barely gets 2 laps at FM6.

A) Use FM6 immediately upon start of race.
B) Get behind P1 and stay there as long as possible, get close like 1 car length or so, ride his slipstream and save fuel.
C) Cut your throttle long before your braking point and coast to it, and if possible coast through the turns some, this also saves fuel.
D) When you are in P1, try not to exceed 160MPH (258KmPH) This too will save you fuel. If you find yourself at 0.8 or 0.9 lap left at the end of a lap, you can stretch it out by dropping your speed to no more than 130MPH (209KmPH) and will be able to make the lap.
E) Pay attention to the weather, you do not want to drive fast in the rain and this will save fuel.

I hope this helps all the newer entrants to this wonderful race.

One more observation on the Le Mans WTC700, If you feel its not right to use a Gr.3 or higher car in this race then consider this...
24 Hrs of Le Mans is a multi-class race event, you basically have four different class races going on the same track at the same time. It is quite normal to have a LMP2 car pass a GT car in the race.

p.s. i will be posting all my Ferrari settings here soon

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back