La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

18cd520585e5-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_436304527570039_1704314560820.jpg
I have 3 accounts and a F40 in each. In one car I did the complete weight reduction (5) and not much else and in another I did the high speed turbo and other Hp increasing items without weight reduction.
Both cars handled well as I have a theory in this that the "Normal" suspension set is relatively tuned for that car and when you change to the fully adjustable suspension the settings numbers are identical to other cars and the handling shows this phenomenon. So I will be using the normal settings and will change if those are unstable.
The first setting is for the lightweight mod.
18cd520716b36-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_436304530501779_1704314572272.jpg
18cd520831773-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_436304533188269_1704314582766.jpg

The second setting is the "power" setting.
18cd520a5ca39-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_436312014621431_1704343807114.jpg
18cd520949554-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_436312011820634_1704343796174.jpg

Both races were surprisingly dry or negligible rain during the races, 7 laps on both.
3 laps fuel @ FM6 and RH tyres will last the entire 7 laps.

Enjoy...

One thing i have noticed with the weather,if you use a car that you havent run for a while,the races tend to be rain free or minimal rain for a few races after which it returns to the usual weather pattern.One thing that irks me is the WEATHER REPORT MAP that you can bring up before racing has never showed any incoming weather fronts at all!It defeats the object of it totally.

Almost just did 8 laps with the Zonda R was about to cross the start/finish line with 4 seconds left but my fuel was down to 0.8 so I had to step on the brakes or it was gonna be a really slow 8 lap.😄

Last edited:
Yesterday " Billionaire " send me an invitation for a challenge, a challenge that i don't think i can make since am terrible on fuel saving and being fast at the same time 😂 .

It's about bringing Zonda R to the 8 lap territory.
So if anyone is interesting might try it also.
For one stop ( with fuel saving ) needed laps no more than 4.10-11 , for two stops must be well under 4.10 .
Note that didn't need to change tyres so you can " shave " some valuable seconds.

Perhaps @AlexWilmot can do this one , as i remember is fast and very good in fuel savings.
Good luck to all those who gonna try it , at least griding will have another meaning for them.

a challenge that i don't think i can make since am terrible on fuel saving and being fast at the same time 😂
Hm, I think I'm pretty good at saving fuel but unfortunately I'm also pretty bad at driving fast😄

On a more serious note: Seems like a good challenge BUT the problem I see is that it depends on getting dry races. And for my experience that's just about a 15-20% chance.

Anyway, this challenge gave me at least an excuse to finally buy the car and from what I can say from the first race I did, which, ofc, was a rainy one, it seems to be a nice car. So I will try although I guess chances are rather low that I will be able to beat this challenge.

edit Looks like @Chikane_GTR had more luck with good weather than I did☔😄

Last edited:
Zonda R mission.

Since i was sure that i couldn't copy " Billionaire's " effort on fuel savings, i decide to use another strategy.
Well here how it went
Lap 3 had to serve 2 sec. penalty
IMG_20240107_194148575_HDR.jpg

During the end of lap 3 rain started and here is lap 4 conditions
IMG_20240107_194410443_HDR.jpg

At lap 6 and at pit straight i encounter a big spin due to accidentally touch the handbrake 😂
IMG_20240107_194628224_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240107_194629825_HDR.jpg

Since i did the second stop i put FM1 to catch the timer as i did and thought that will be enough for 2 laps .
I was wrong , lucky me i had it on FM map and realise little before Porsche bridge that i had only 0.1 laps of fuel!!!!
I switch to manual and just crawl to the finish .
IMG_20240107_194904762_HDR.jpg

Totally i got 4 sec penalties, 2 , 1 and 0.500 x 2 .
Race strategy was FM5 for 3 laps , and FM1 for the last two which wasn't ideal , perhaps FM 2-3 would be better at least for the last one.

IMG_20240107_193626410_HDR.jpg

Lol, penalties, spinning out and still you managed to do it. Nice job @smoothbore12 !

You used the turbo while @Chikane_GTR didn't. So both setups work. Interesting!

Anyway, I did 3 races with the Zonda today and all 3 had enough rain that IMs were needed😕

Don't know what Billionaire settings was , just did some free laps to find out what was better since i had to run F5 and FM1 .
I adjust the gearbox somewhere in the middle and went for a dry race which wasn't exactly dry one .
I don't remember my settings but i can post them at noon , the only thing i remember is that i had 660 hp on that settings.
And for sure i wasn't able to do it as Billionaire did with MT gears and saving fuel tactic.
Is way better than me in that area.

Me too, I think ... The Zonda R is actually not in my garage, but was a favorite in previous GT titles. Been saving credits for the LCD, but I'm sitting on about 15 Million and nothing I'm missing has been coming up.

I don't remember my settings but i can post them at noon
Sure! Although I don't know if I try again. Did a 4th race yesterday and again heavy rain....

And BTW: I bought all available Group C cars last week, that's the Jaguar, the Mazda and the Sauber. I would appreciate if you (or anyone else ofc) could post settings for those.

Don't know what Billionaire settings was , just did some free laps to find out what was better since i had to run F5 and FM1 .
I adjust the gearbox somewhere in the middle and went for a dry race which wasn't exactly dry one .
I don't remember my settings but i can post them at noon , the only thing i remember is that i had 660 hp on that settings.
And for sure i wasn't able to do it as Billionaire did with MT gears and saving fuel tactic.
Is way better than me in that area.
My setup is only running at 600hp and I pretty much stayed on fm6 the whole race with a switch to fm5 for laps 4 and lap 8

Last edited:
Sure! Although I don't know if I try again. Did a 4th race yesterday and again heavy rain....

And BTW: I bought all available Group C cars last week, that's the Jaguar, the Mazda and the Sauber. I would appreciate if you (or anyone else ofc) could post settings for those.

Am going home from work ( take a ferry every day) and i check my phone and found this
IMG_20240107_123714420_HDR.jpg

This isn't my tune , its a copy from the guys that was running Sartegna and from a period that was trying to bust 23 minutes.
It works at the most of them ( i mean suspension,LCD ) without a problem.
When i go home ill upload Zonda and R92CP .
The mazda is with the original gearbox.
The same applies to Porsche 962 .
At R92CP i have the manual gearbox.
The most tricky of them is the mazda ,one digit up and the hell it goes the pp.

@AlexWilmot you're a son of gun mate.
I knew you could do it ,👍

Praiano recently posted a 700pp tune for the 787B which is optimised for Nordschleife but also works well at Le Mans:

Praiano recently posted a 700pp tune for the 787B which is optimised for Nordschleife but also works well at Le Mans:

I have test it also .
Might suit other tracks but in le mans isn't the faster choice for that race.

I have test it also .
Might suit other tracks but in le mans isn't the faster choice for that race.
Also works great on the XJ9. Got a dry 8-lapper with it yesterday. Works on the C9, too. You may need to fiddle with gearing a little bit. No big deal.

I'll see if I can squeeze in the Nissan and Porsche later today with that tune.

Also works great on the XJ9. Got a dry 8-lapper with it yesterday. Works on the C9, too. You may need to fiddle with gearing a little bit. No big deal.

I'll see if I can squeeze in the Nissan and Porsche later today with that tune.

I also apply same tune on them ,what is different is the aero , ballast and gearbox, in some i leave the stock one , in others the racing and at R92CP the manual one.
And of course all of them are 8 laps cars whatever strategy you use , one or two stops.

Yesterday did one race with Subaru drift car .
I went all the way FM6 that gave me full 5 laps .
Here it is tyres condition after 5 laps before enter at pits .
View attachment 1312426
Isn't the best scenario to pit at 5th lap due to tyre wear but 4 is still ok.
Rain was coming so i switch to intermediate tyres and end with a 6 laps race in the wire.
Times are not represent cars potential since i did many mistakes and serve few penalties.
So we have 3 full laps at FM1 and 5 at FM6 witch means the car is one of the most versatile cars in his class.
Today ill have more time to experiment settings and race it again.
I don't know what class is this car , gr3 or gr4 or whatever but definitely its a " winner" .
Ill be back with more info .

PS
I suspect that if @AlexWilmot put his magic hands in this swapped beauty might brake the barrier of 3.50's or close enough.
Gave this one a go, 1 stop race FM4 on RH
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240109151020.jpg

Pretty quick but think there could be some optimisation of the tune
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240109151156.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240109151206.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240109151215.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, @AlexWilmot you almost gave me a heart attack 😂 , thought that was about Zonda R but i realise it was for another car .

Yes ,that drift car is a hell of a fast car under swapp conditions, i don't remember if i read it somewhere or is my touch on it .

The tune above is what you used ?
Are you happy with that or need improvements ?
Ill try your Zonda tune today ( i hope ) to see how it goes and not necessary to make 8 laps .

Edit, can't find your vid 🤐 what happened ?

Last edited:
Question what were your top 3 cars you raced at le man this year?

My list would go like this.

1. Mazda 787B - Amazing car super fast and with great fuel efficiency.

2. Pagani Zonda R - Its not the fastest or the most fuel efficiency but still can get 4 laps but what makes this car my 2nd best of the year for le man is the SOUND (imho) the best sounding car in the game.:drool::bowdown:

3. Honda Project 2&4 - Super fun car not the best handling but its fast and good on feul and plus it feels like you driving a bike in le man.
1.Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15) Touring car.

2. Mazda Atenza Gr3 Road car (engine upgrade added)

3. Randomly select whatever random gr4 car to mix it up.

Back