La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

Escudo swapped Evo also into the 8 lap region

Capture.PNG

Chiron Swapped Lamborghini is a boring drive as you have to short shift soo early and it's like a tank, I just put race suspension and changed the gears to test its Fuel Economy (Terrible btw) and ended up finishing the race

Last edited:
hank you, @smoothbore12 @Chikane_GTR for suggesting the Zonda R.

As for the 8 lap challenge, I'd say I got a little lucky and had a dry race on my first go with this amazing car.

I had about 20 to 30 seconds finishing Lap 7.
Please post all settings please?

Thank you, @smoothbore12 @Chikane_GTR for suggesting the Zonda R.

As for the 8 lap challenge, I'd say I got a little lucky and had a dry race on my first go with this amazing car.

I had about 20 to 30 seconds finishing Lap 7.

View attachment 1318196

This was at FM6 for the entire race, short shift at 7k RPM.

View attachment 1318197
It really is a nice car.👍

I'm trying to improve my final time below 34 but rain, rain, rain,:crazy:

Also thanks to how much I enjoy driving this car I started to do the 1 hour of spa race again like I used to before up to 8 times per day.:embarrassed:

Last edited:
Finally i managed to run @AlexWilmot settings on Zonda R .
The " digits " on the left side shows that is faster than what i use and with better downforce.
Although i couldn't make it and i had a spin that cost me about 8-10 sec.
Quite good behaviour, need FM6 not 5 to do 3 laps and cause of the much ballast in front the tyre wear is higher and must change tyres at least one time.
Had light rain in my run but generally i wasn't and in a good mood.

The tune it's self it works fine but my performance was very low .

Last edited:
Can't really bring myself to try again with the Zonda. Getting bored with driving the same car multiple times and the chances for a dry race are just too low.
My problem is that I already drove almost every single car suitable for this event and it gets really hard finding more cars.
The good thing is that I made enough credits here over the last week to buy every car I wanted and to rebuy and fully tune a lot of cars that I only had in stock conditions so far.
And I also drove some higher PP cars in stock form (those which would end up well over 700PP when maxed out) that I hadn't drove at all before and some of those were surprisingly good!
What started as pure grind became something I really enjoyed! I even like the track now!

Being under self quarantine, i found some time to actually watch a 24hr LeMans race, and i am so glad that the real LeMans does not administer penalties like GT7 does. I have seen many many track limit violations (GT7 type) during the race that everyone would have to suffer an hour or more in penalties!!!! and in wet track conditions they were worse.
But on a more positive side, in the YT feed i was watching every so often i would see the brake and throttle telemetry and i noticed in one case that going through the Porsche Curves the throttle and brake indicators matched what i do on the GT7 race. I thought it was amazing that I was hitting the throttle and braking marks as same as real pro drivers.

This thing is thirsty!
Drove the Diablo today. Rain started at the end of 2nd so I had to do a 4 lap stint. FM6, shifted at 5k, drove every corner and chikane one gear higher than you usually would and coasted on the straights. Made it to the finish line with 4% fuel left.
Felt more like a chill sunday cruise than a race😎

Drove the Diablo today. Rain started at the end of 2nd so I had to do a 4 lap stint. FM6, shifted at 5k, drove every corner and chikane one gear higher than you usually would and coasted on the straights. Made it to the finish line with 4% fuel left.
Felt more like a chill sunday cruise than a race😎
I should whip the Diablo out again, been a while since I drove it

Last edited:
Sorry for my utter noob question but is the Le Mans race the one you find under missions ? 24min of Le Mans ?

Oh and I bought my first classic Le Mans racer...that Nissan pfie pfieee pfie 🤟

Last edited:
Sorry for my utter noob question but is the Le Mans race the one you find under missions ? 24min of Le Mans ?

Oh and I bought my first classic Le Mans racer...that Nissan pfie pfieee pfie 🤟
will give directions...
World Circuits...
18d001dd90658-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_436506557863478_1705103741654.jpg
Europe...
18d001ded3d13-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_436506559857822_1705103749444.jpg
24 Hr track...
18d001dfe1785-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_436506562515965_1705103759827.jpg
WTC700 !
18d001e0f9b58-27720657D01D4B63844.315B375F96579043_message_436506564842709_1705103768916.jpg
Hoping this helped

Last edited:
Not much time yesterday, i end up " punishing" my self with this one.
Not permanent upgrades ,just brakes , exhaust,filter etc and the usual, suspension LCD etc.
Didn't change anything,even the gearbox ( racing one ).
IMG_20240112_201527416_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240112_201636654_HDR.jpg

A difficult half hour i won't touch that again

Not permanent upgrades ,just brakes , exhaust,filter etc and the usual, suspension LCD etc.
View attachment 1318796
View attachment 1318795

Funny thing, I just bought one myself, and wil give it a go, if It can be tamed I will try

Funny thing, I just bought one myself, and wil give it a go, if It can be tamed I will try
Under proper tuning might be ,but as it is , is terrible , in every corner and under braking not in straight line , the race is about to "catch" rear end before passes the front one .
I bought one and i realise that i had another two and i thought i could try one with some upgrades.
This car needs aero and suspension tuning ( perhaps ballast position) etc.
Very unforgiving as it is.

Under proper tuning might be ,but as it is , is terrible , in every corner and under braking not in straight line , the race is about to "catch" rear end before passes the front one .
I bought one and i realise that i had another two and i thought i could try one with some upgrades.
18d01a1a8da94-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_436513069903826_1705129179311.jpg

@smoothbore12 you should try this setting, works well.
@bigmull gets all the credit for the tuning of the suspension to tame this "bull"
He is known for doing wonderful tunes on the older cars i love and respect so i dropped into his garage and grabbed his setup he had but modified it for my tastes as I didn't go all out on the power section and omitted anything that would be permanent except the weight reduction. I also added the Carbon Brakes because the older cars have such horrid brakes, added the Low Custom Wing for it needed some stability too and ballast for the front end for balance.
This Muira is great on fuel and tyres, at FM6 i can get almost 5 laps and the RM tyres will last about that long too.
18d01a17d5157-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_436513075178962_1705129199917.jpg
18d01a193fa97-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_436513072911850_1705129191061.jpg

One main thing you must not forget when driving this and it is with the brakes, you must not go heavy on brakes before the turns. Start braking early and LIGHTLY, if you hear the tyres skidding you are pushing too hard and its locking up and you are sliding, just release and lightly apply brakes gradually increasing pressure, the trick of it is to start coasting well before you need to brake. One more thing, when it rains it is a good thing to increase the TC to 3 to remain stable on exits of turns.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a fast car, no doubt about that! And I'm sure that those 3 stages of weight reduction will help with fuel economy. I never do this though.
I try but 3-4 of every car, 1 stock, 1 fully modified and then 1 for wide body and modified and then 1 for wide body and engine swap if applicable

View attachment 1318796
View attachment 1318795

I was in a struggle if I should buy this car or not. I guess the answer is "no" then😄

I try but 3-4 of every car, 1 stock, 1 fully modified and then 1 for wide body and modified and then 1 for wide body and engine swap if applicable
Yeah, I see. But that's too much for me. I usually just buy two. I keep one completely stock and max out the other one although not when it comes to weight reduction. I just do stage one. I think stage 1 is realistic, but more isn't. I mean, how would you shave of 300 kilos or so off a car?

Yeah, I see. But that's too much for me. I usually just buy two. I keep one completely stock and max out the other one although not when it comes to weight reduction. I just do stage one. I think stage 1 is realistic, but more isn't. I mean, how would you shave of 300 kilos or so off a car?
You must add lightness.

Outside or removing interiors, seats, spare wheels, go for lighter wheels, removal of unnecessary electronics and or aircon, plexiglass windows, Carbon or fibreglass body panels, “Swiss-cheese” existing panels ie loads of holes drilled,

Outside or removing interiors, seats, spare wheels, go for lighter wheels, removal of unnecessary electronics and or aircon, plexiglass windows, Carbon or fibreglass body panels, “Swiss-cheese” existing panels ie loads of holes drilled,
Well, it may be possible, I really don't know, but it would be extremely difficult I guess.
And as you said, it would for sure require removing all seats except the drivers one, something that it not visually represented in the game.
I was playing around with the Cayman some time ago, trying to recreate the settings used by German journalist Christian Gebhard, who did 7:42 around the Nordschleife in a test he did for the German magazine Auto, Motor & Sport. The car provided by Porsche (probably the same they used for the official time of 7:40, driven by Porsche test driverTimo Gluck) had different seats, carbon brake disks and the A/C and Audiosystem removed and that made the car lighter by just 36 kilograms. Weight reduction stage 1 already shaves of more than 100 kilograms in the game IIRC, so I had to put in almost 70kg of ballast.

(If anyone's interested:
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/test/porsche-cayman-gt4-nordschleife-test/ )

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't do all those weight reduction in game. It's just not something I like to do. Everyone has his own "style" how to play a game.
Also, as I've mentioned before, I never go for fast rounds in this race. I don't see the point in trying to get a fast lap in a race with enhanced fuel and tire usage. And the way I do this race (just one stop when possible) I almost always have to manage fuel. And if I have more fuel left for the last lap than I thought I would I'm usually eiter on IMs or on rather worn down tires.

With some aero it handles really well, especially a rear spoiler is necessary, to make it brak in a straight line...give it another try, I really enjoy this car after some tuning and customsation...

And with a fitting livery, the rear spoiler dosen't realy spoil the look if the car...;)

View attachment 1318807@bigmull gets all the credit for the tuning of the suspension to tame this "bull"
He is known for doing wonderful tunes on the older cars i love and respect so i dropped into his garage and grabbed his setup he had but modified it for my tastes as I didn't go all out on the power section and omitted anything that would be permanent except the weight reduction. I also added the Carbon Brakes because the older cars have such horrid brakes, added the Low Custom Wing for it needed some stability too and ballast for the front end for balance.
This Muira is great on fuel and tyres, at FM6 i can get almost 5 laps and the RM tyres will last about that long too.
View attachment 1318805View attachment 1318806

One main thing you must not forget when driving this and it is with the brakes, you must not go heavy on brakes before the turns. Start braking early and LIGHTLY, if you hear the tyres skidding you are pushing too hard and its locking up and you are sliding, just release and lightly apply brakes gradually increasing pressure, the trick of it is to start coasting well before you need to brake. One more thing, when it rains it is a good thing to increase the TC to 3 to remain stable on exits of turns.
Many thanks for the plug,regarding carbon brakes,don’t waste your money with them.Someone did a test on brakes,the carbon ones had no improvement over drilled or slotted discs at all,also there was no difference between the other 2 disc types.

Latest Posts

Back