Le Mans WTC700 30 mins?

• Thread starter phatfat34
  • 288 comments
Suzuki Swift, RH, fuel map 3 and 4. One fuel stop. Didn't change tires. Seven lap race. Good weather. Third try.

Fourth place. Choked on the last stretch and someone passed me or would have had podium.

Tough race but I like the car. I feel like with AWD some rain would actually help me in this car. Still need to figure out fuel mapping because it's quick around the corners and fast down the stretch. Went fuel map 1 on last lap with two laps of fuel left. Could probably push it more.

Nsx Road car last night then the carrera GT then the farrari 458 . Its the easiest grind in the game now. Hard tyres pit every other lap fuel map 3 or more win by 30+secs.

Only had to use wets once too

I did this race with the Swift Sport Gr4, its light at 900kg or 2200lbs, with a medium turbo kit and a good setup you can do 260km/h with the fuel map set to 6 and it can do 4 laps on a tank, can even push it to 5 if you use fuel saving techniques such as short shift, lift & coast and slipstreaming down the straight rather than overtaking.
Easy to drive, no snap your neck oversteer, does understeer but this is because its an FF, only weakness of the car.

I am testing this race with the Alpha 4C with the high RPM turbo, with fuel map 6 it can do 275km/h, but its not fuel efficient & has a snap your spine lift off oversteer, even with LSD decel set to 60.

Once the timer hits 0, its the final lap for EVERYONE.
So if P20 crosses the line after the race hits 0, they finish in P20, does not matter if their a lap down.
Grayfox, what is your set up for the Swift? Fun to drive. Fourth on first try...

added the Alpine A110 17 and the Gr 3 Ford race car to my Le Mans Hall of Champions. I felt burned out after my last session but reading the update notes has me wondering if this one will ever be as easy again. Might run a few more today to add to the Barker Tourer fund.

The F40 is still my favorite for this race

Update: add the Toms Supra and the Lambo v12 VGT. Shame you can’t tune that one more

Last edited:
Hmm I wonder what a detuned rx7 with the 787b engine would be like... fuel economy the 787b is somehow good in this game but does that translate into rx7 with the same engine...

Last edited:
I've only this with the GR4 Supra. Upgraded turbo kit and adjustable transmission. RH. I run a fairly low drag setup. Much quicker than anyone on the straights, and still faster through corners, especially the Porsche curves. Depending on weather, just a 1 stopper running mix 3 the whole time. Haven't had to run inters or wets yet as the dampness bar never passes the 1st sector.

A lot of fun using the Ferrari 330 P4 in this race. You just need to reduce power a bit and add some rear downforce so it can handle better.
GT7 330 P4.jpg

I did the Race with a lot of different cars, but my favorite was the chapparal 2j (rolling refridgerator). I tuned it down as much as possible, but im only able to get under 700 pp with intermediate tyres and the original transmission with only 3 gears. But the car is a dream to handle even with 3 lap old IM on a dry race track. And you dont take care on the weather radar. 4.10 lap times are possible with IM.
And the sound of the car and the rare gear shifts of the gearbox are a dream. The first gear does his work from zero to 190km/h. Thats crazy 👍

Last edited:
So far I have done and won with the following cars:
AMG CLK
Ferrari 330 P4
Mazda 787B
Alpine 220
Toyota 86 Gr.B
427 Shelby Cobra
GT-R PENNZOIL
BAC Mono
Radical track car?

Testing others....
Didn't make the cut :
Toyota 2000GT

Last edited:
Grayfox, what is your set up for the Swift? Fun to drive. Fourth on first try...
Settings
PP: 699.98
Max Power: 504HP
Max Torque: 64.1kgfm
Weight: 900kg
Weight Balance: 60:40
TCS: 1

Tires

Front: Racing Hard
Rear: Racing Hard

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 90mm
Rear Ride Height: 95mm
Front Anti Roll Bar: 5
Rear Anti Roll Bar: 5
Front Damping Ratio(Compression): 30
Rear Damping Ratio(Compression): 30
Front Damping Ratio(Expansion): 40
Rear Damping Ratio(Expansion): 40
Front Natural Frequency: 3.00
Rear Natural Frequency: 2.85
Front Negative Camber: 3.0
Rear Negative Camber: 2.5
Front Toe: -0.10
Rear Toe: +0.20

LSD
Rear Initial Torque: 10
Rear Acceleration Sensitivity: 25
Rear Braking Sensitivity:50

Downforce
Front: 170
Rear: 270

ECU
Fully Customizable
Output Adjustment: 100%

Performance Adjustment
Ballast: 0kg
Ballast Positioning: 0
Power Restrictor: 100%

Transmission
Normal

Nitrous
Nitrous: None
Output Adjustment: -

Turbo/Supercharger
Turbocharger: Medium-RPM Turbo
Anti-Lag: None
Anti-Lag Settings: -
Intercooler: Normal
Supercharger: None

Intake & Exhaust
Air Cleaner: None
Silencer: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: None

Brakes
Brake System: Racing Slotted
Brake Pads: Normal
Hand Brake: Normal
HandBrake Torque: -
Brake Balance: Brake Controller
Front/Rear Balance: -2

Steering
Change Steering Angle: Normal
4WS System: None
Rear Steering Angle: -

Drivetrain
Clutch & Flywheel: Normal
Propeller Shaft: None

Engine Tuning
Bore Up: -
Stroke Up: -
Engine Balancing: -
Polish Ports: -
High Lift Camshaft: -
Titanium Connecting Rods & Pistons: -
Racing Crankshaft: -
High Compression Pistons: -

Bodywork
Weight Reduction Stage 1: -
Weight Reduction Stage 2: -
Weight Reduction Stage 3: -
Weight Reduction Stage 4: -
Weight Reduction Stage 5: -
Increase Body Rigidity: -

Last edited:
I can confirm this is straight up a 30-minute race. I used the Tomahawk and it did nearly 10 laps, I think. So...it's definitely 30 minutes, not 8 laps...so maybe it WAS going to be 8 laps and it got changed and the titles never did.

EDIT: Also, the hardest cars to win with so far have been the Pickups. The Toyota Tundra managed it with a last lap, full power run and I abandoned the F150 'cause I couldn't catch the leading cars on the first lap and they BOTH have to pit every lap for fuel. 'Cause pickups. It's a pretty easy race to win, really. If you can manage to get above 155mph on the Mulsanne straight you can pretty much catch everyone. So...

Last edited:
That RBJ is insane on the fuel. I think if you Leaned it all the way you'd be pretty close to not having to pit at all unless it rains.

And I have run the race about 50 times and I have only gotten one penalty: I went a little bit wide on one of the final bends, and apparently came back on the track wrong. I’ve slid off that same part of the track many times, so I assume that one time I came back on too quickly. I’ve powerslid through the chicanes, 1080d into walls and off the track, but only got the one penalty.
I've only had a penalty once, the last heavy right hander before hitting the first straight. Was a surprise, but only 0.5 seconds which barely blipped the throttle in the penalty zone!
A lot better than 5 seconds every time you kiss the wall in the Tokyo race!!

The rain in this race is random. It always falls in lap 3, but the amount is random, which makes this race unreliable to grind, although you can still win easily with a 2-stop strategy even if you make the wrong choice.

Amount of rain determines whether you pit for Inters, Wets or even new dry tires. The clouds in the weather radar should give a hint, but, as always with weather, they're unreliable.

Last edited:
The rain in this race is random. It always falls in lap 3, but the amount is random, which makes this race unreliable to grind, although you can still win easily with a 2-stop strategy even if you make the wrong choice.

Amount of rain determines whether you pit for Inters, Wets or even new dry tires. The clouds in the weather radar should give a hint, but, as always with weather, they're unreliable.
It can fall on lap 2. That's how you know it's gonna be REALLY bad. It can also fall on lap 5 either by itself or with a previous rainfall. It's entirely random and it's great. Also, I...don't entirely know if Wets are needed at all in GT7 as in testing I don't think the game gets much above the third line.

Also, I still hate how quickly the track dries. I once felt like an idiot for not taking wets with the GT4 Mustang and when I did, by the time I got out of the pits the track was mostly dry. Completely sogging wet going in, dry going out. That's like 40-50 seconds. It's ridiculous.

A slightly detuned Supra GT500 nails this race every time on a 2 stop stratergy. You can be well over 1 min ahead on lap 6 and just take it easy on the last half of the lap to reach the finish just as the half hour passes. The AI screw up and end up doing a lap in the wet on dry tyres, as long as you have Intermediates or Wets on by the time you start lap 3 you'll breeze past them.

Last edited:
I do enjoy this race as it makes you think and it's different every time. Do you go all out FM1 and do a two stop, or knock it back to lean and make the fuel last - but then how will the wet tyres hold out if it dries too much. Lots of variables but still winnable and a good pay out at the end. I've had it range from 90% of the race in full downpour through to barely a spit of rain through the whole race, and found myself on the wrong tyres many times. With the bizarre 30s wait from entering the pits to actually reaching your crew, the pit stop is a significant factor in overall race time. It's amazing what a difference there is between flat out FM1 and lift & coast FM6, and the rain is always unpredictable so you might take a chance on staying out but get caught on a slippery track on slicks. I hope we get more events like this at the other classic tracks.

I do enjoy this race as it makes you think and it's different every time. Do you go all out FM1 and do a two stop, or knock it back to lean and make the fuel last - but then how will the wet tyres hold out if it dries too much. Lots of variables but still winnable and a good pay out at the end. I've had it range from 90% of the race in full downpour through to barely a spit of rain through the whole race, and found myself on the wrong tyres many times. With the bizarre 30s wait from entering the pits to actually reaching your crew, the pit stop is a significant factor in overall race time. It's amazing what a difference there is between flat out FM1 and lift & coast FM6, and the rain is always unpredictable so you might take a chance on staying out but get caught on a slippery track on slicks. I hope we get more events like this at the other classic tracks.

I use fuel saving 3 or 4 and dona 1 stopper in the Audi pikes peak... I've has races with no.rain or so little rain I kept SH all race and won.

My favorite car in this race is nsx type r 02, race tuned, 480hp.
Fuel map 3 on laps 1 and 2, 300km/h on the straight. Then depends the weather, inters or wets. If the rain is heavy, only have to do 6 laps, and wait in the front of finish line until the time is over and cross it. If the weather is dry, map 6 at the end of 4th lap and do 3 laps without pit

Last edited:
I would like to try this race but I need to win! What would be the best? I saw A220 tip and it looks good. Is it the best for it? No fantasy cars like Tomahawk, I want fair race with a certain win. :D

I would like to try this race but I need to win! What would be the best? I saw A220 tip and it looks good. Is it the best for it? No fantasy cars like Tomahawk, I want fair race with a certain win. :D
A easy way to win, bmw M3 07 of the gt café prize, full tuned at 690pp with 1400kg, racing hard and inters. Piece of cake.

I love the variability of the weather, it's really good practice on a track like Le Man both for wet weather driving and tire choice on pit stops. After putting about 1K miles on my GP.4 Corvette just doing this event, I think I've got a pretty good handle on tire choice. Most of the time I'm right, but when I'm wrong it forces me to think through what the best option is depending all on track condition, what the weather radar shows, the tire set I'm on now, how much fuel I have, and how the other cars are reacting to the weather. Like you said, I really do enjoy that it's a race that makes you think.

And for me it seems to translate well to other races. I put together a 30min GP.4 race on the Daytona road course using the same fuel and tire wear from this race on the professional difficulty. I'm not too familiar with Daytona, so I was off the leaders pace by a couple seconds. But knowing how to conserve fuel and time my pit stops I was able to take one less stop and still won without ever setting a FL.

As for fuel management on Le Mans, I usually go with a 5-6 lean setting and try to only pit once and running out the wear on a set of wets or IM's the rest of the race if I do change tires on my stop. Next time though, I might try the FM1 two-pit strategy.

Went back to the stock Supra for a coupe races, it’s too close. AI have pit manoeuvred me after it rains. Went back to the 155 and I can either run full throttle to Lap 3 with .5 Laps or conserve with .9Laps at the pit stop. Stock tune. 31 minutes or 32, depending on weather.

The A220 works well in this race as it's small and light, so good on fuel economy and it's a fast car, it also looks beautiful racing at Le Mans in the replays

Did tomahawk Tokyo twice in a row this morning just because it mite be gone come Monday ... God it was boring and not fun at all . Good riddance
This is the race to grind ... changes every time you can use almost any car (ran out of fule in a hell cat forgetting fule map lol)
Stick to a road car on hard tyres and unless the rain is torrential you rarely even have to change to wets

Back