Le Mans WTC700 30 mins?

• Thread starter phatfat34
  • 288 comments
Weirdly, Group B Ford Focus works quite well. Fuel 6 the whole time and I only pit once at the end of lap 3 or 4, I usually try to stick it out with RH too.

Well, this is happening to me for the first time
1650717749714.jpeg

1650717820632.gif

Tried in the AMG GT Black this morning (what a lovely car!). Had to go FM 4 to get 2 laps out of it (the Jag Gr4 will give you 3) but that was fine because it started chucking it down before end lap 2.
Won by a weird fluke..... after my second stop on lap 4, I came out 13th after being in the lead (those 45 second stops really hurt!) and managed to get a 32 second lead by the end of lap 6, but I had to pit, no fuel.
I thought the cars behind would overtake while in the pits..... luckily the 3 behind pitted too.
Didn't notice that while in the pits, 30 minutes was up - left the pits and immediately got told won, 1st! Race ended.....
Thanks very much! 👍

Man, I love this race! So far I did it 10+ times at minimum.

At first try I took my [WRX STI Isle of a Man] as a challanger but it wasn't smart choice. The car is incredibly fast, have DRS which is fun to use but also have terrible fuel economy. Refueling every two laps is not a winning strategy for sure...

Then I went into racing bunch Group 4 cars. Everyone did great and allowed me to win with the same strategy:

1. Install high-rev turbo
2. Start on RH tyres and set engine mapping to 6 (ECO) for whole first stint.
3. Pit on lap 4, refuel without changning wheels (the rain is always too light to go for inters)
4. For second, 3-laps stint, you can increase engine map to more power but be careful and watch your fuel level.

Below my impression on gr.4 cars I tested on LeMans WTC700:

[Huracan Gr.4] - fast, easy to drive with neutral balance. The race was pure joy without any stress. Mid-engine magic:)
[Viper Gr.4] - rocket on a straights, but bit heavy so be cautious about track limits.
[Toyota 86 Gr.4] - lightweight hero! Late braking points and manual gearbox so lot of fun if you use H-shifter. Somehow dissapointing on a straights, in theory has superb kg/HP ratio but dont pull like other cars - maybe needs some downforce reduction.
[GT-R Gr.4] - fenomenal engine sound but likes to drink fuel. Maximize mapping efficiency during second stint by incrasing power only on corner exits. I also recommend to use custom gearbox and play with ratios (reduce 6 gear top speed by 10-15km/h, make long 1st gear and close ratios in general).

EDIT: I was right about Toyota 86, just reduce 10% from both front and rear downforce and it pulls lovely on Mulsanne straights:) My fav car so far.

Last edited:
Are 50 second pit stops when getting fuel and tires normal or am I doing something wrong? I keep seeing people say if you enter the pit too fast it will take longer. This definitely isn’t true in my experience so far though. I’ve entered the pits way too fast and almost at a crawl and the time was the same regardless.

Are 50 second pit stops when getting fuel and tires normal or am I doing something wrong? I keep seeing people say if you enter the pit too fast it will take longer. This definitely isn’t true in my experience so far though. I’ve entered the pits way too fast and almost at a crawl and the time was the same regardless.
I thought the same too - looking for a button to press to get it going!
But, apparently it's normal.
On this track it takes 32 seconds before the car even arrives...... other tracks I've tried are shorter wait-times but I still don't understand the reason for it.

EDIT - used the BAC Mono this morning. Lovely drive, does 3 laps on FM 3 (might have got away with 2), comfortable win. Very well mannered car.
Thought I'd see how much they cost and found one in the UK....... £162,495!!! Pre-loved.

Last edited:
@Footix : I'm doing the same strategy except I change tyres at lap 4 to Intermediate one. It does work well

Another great choice for this race is the Silvia S15 Touring car, great Handling and very fast! Just can ran out of fuel easily, but even at fuel 6 it's pretty easy (except with huge rain...)

Last edited:
The rain in this race is random. It always falls in lap 3, but the amount is random, which makes this race unreliable to grind, although you can still win easily with a 2-stop strategy even if you make the wrong choice.

Amount of rain determines whether you pit for Inters, Wets or even new dry tires. The clouds in the weather radar should give a hint, but, as always with weather, they're unreliable.
The randomness of the rain makes grinding this race fun, yes it's an easy race to win and almost impossible to NOT get the CRB, but it's the guessing you think you can make one more lap before you NEED to change tyres or trying to stretch out your fuel for that one lap. This makes it a different race each and every time, and moe fun when you try a new or different car.

A slightly detuned Supra GT500 nails this race every time on a 2 stop stratergy. You can be well over 1 min ahead on lap 6 and just take it easy on the last half of the lap to reach the finish just as the half hour passes. The AI screw up and end up doing a lap in the wet on dry tyres, as long as you have Intermediates or Wets on by the time you start lap 3 you'll breeze past them.
I’ve never not won that race when using the Alfa 4c gr4 @praiano63 tuned. 190 on the straights and un real in the twisties. Ran it last night in a stock gr4 Huracan pitted lap two for drys as it looked like was going to be a full dry race which I’ve had a few of now. No rain on the radar, pouring down by the time I left the pits so had a lap in the rain on Hards. Pitted again end of lap 3 for wets and short shifted like mad on fuel 6 and won by overtaking the leader at the second to last chicane. Best race I’ve had there. Usually it’s a procession to the end.

Agreed @jrbabbitt The random weather makes it a joy to grind. I find Tomahawk Tokyo then Le Mans 30 and then Sardegna road course the perfect grind. Hoping to see more of these 30 minute races at the traditional 24 hr circuits. Someone started a thread the other day that said too much weather. Some people just need to admit GT is not for them. I’ve completed everything almost, only circuit experience to do and a couple of obscure races and I’m still having a blast. Regular 500 mile days.

Last edited:
Had to use inters for the first time in this race (6th time doing it) And still got the CRB despite some horrendous incidents 😂
When the rain started, I was approaching an NSX in the gravel at the Porsche curves who decided to enter the track right in front of me so I ended up rear ending him pretty hard. I then pitted for inters and got punted into the gravel on pit exit! Managed to recover and take the win by 30ish seconds!

Finished with 787B, R92CP, TS050. I'm chicken so I always start with IM and pit after lap 3 or lap 4 depend on tire wear.

787B and R92CP are both easy wins, with ~2 minute ahead when finishing lap 7. But TS050 detuned to 700PP almost feels like different class on this circuit, can't catch up AIs on Mulsanne straight and with some silly mistakes I finished 3rd with ~10 seconds behind.

I would guess the "simulated lap" for PP calculation is on a short distance circuit with lots of turns so KERS has massive bonus. Probably I should buy some new Le Mans cars (with hybrids) and some olds (without hybrids) and test them ...

I don't know about you or any one else but I consider this to be a bug.

If I'm 10 seconds behind the leader with 29:55 off the race elapsed then I'm classed as second, even if I could catch and pass P1 before they finish their last lap. That is how the other Gran Turismo games worked
Not a bug. It's Nurburgring timing where taking the flag when the time is up is a way to prevent a car from having to run another lap of the big ring.

It is totally wrong for every other track in the game where it would be the winner and only the winner can take the flag but I doubt this will be fixed.

Just won with the stock Silvia. Goes 4 laps full throttle. Tyre wear isn’t a factor with slight red tops T the finish. Super stable and a weapon under brakes. being 1000kgs helps.
Going to see how it goes in the 10 lap Autopolis event.

Just won with the stock Silvia. Goes 4 laps full throttle. Tyre wear isn’t a factor with slight red tops T the finish. Super stable and a weapon under brakes. being 1000kgs helps.
Going to see how it goes in the 10 lap Autopolis event.
I'm testing at the moment Silvia S15 Gr.4 and I must recall my words about 86 Gr.4 being superlight - Silvia is far ahead in that category! And have mega kg/HP ratio that kills opponents on a straights. Very goog all-round car indeed.

Yeah, it did well at Autopolis. I mean, the AI pitting on Lap 9 helped, but the car ran as long as the Supra to Lap 8, but with .8 Laps in the tank. Again, tyre wear isn’t a factor. It’s faster than it sounds. Next, DTG II.

Not a bug. It's Nurburgring timing where taking the flag when the time is up is a way to prevent a car from having to run another lap of the big ring.

It is totally wrong for every other track in the game where it would be the winner and only the winner can take the flag but I doubt this will be fixed.
It definitely didn't used to be like that in GT5/6

Also I can't remember who said it in this thread - but yes the Title card does say its an 8 lap race, but after that refers to it as a 30 min race

Attachments

• IMG_7564.JPG
    IMG_7564.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 13
It has to be just me but if it doesn't rain I absolutely struggle, I usually gain 5-6 seconds in the back half only to lose it all on the straights. I've tried it in road cars, race cars, you name it. It seems that if I can't run 4:15-4:17 or I can't catch the leader even on a 1 stop strategy. Easy win in the rain though and I have done it dry in the isle of man wrx sti and a couple road cars. I haven't even bothered with tht 330 p4 or anything more difficult yet.

Last edited:
I've done this a few times. 2 stop strategy using the Caymen with turbo. Soft tyre for 1st stint, short shift and fuel 4. pit lap 3, swap to inters and last 2 laps pit and refuel and blast it on fuel 1. Easy to beat the A I. Not had to use full wets. But did have 1 race where the rain wasn't even heavy enough for inters. Only issue I have is the A.I braking mid corners and mega slow through the final chicanes. Cost me a CRB 1st time when was behind one and they braked right in the middle of the chicane.

Hmm still using the audi pikes peak to great effect.

Tried the Camaro ZL LE but I think I will struggle to get more than 2 laps without a refuel which is useless.

Purple rain started end of Lap 2 and didn’t stop until end of Lap 5. Race was over as I pit when the AI stayed out.
1650967493413.jpeg

Caught them all after I exited the pits. Lapped them on Lap 5. I pit for a splash n’ dash and slowed down 1 minute 30 seconds for the finish.

I came here searching for some ideas and love what I'm seeing so far. I've strictly been using the Mazda 787B tuned down to 700pp and it's simply fantastic. Only need to pit in heavy rain situations to switch to IM tires but other than that it can do the whole race with no pit stop. 1-2 fuel mix until it starts raining (usually lap 3) then fuel mix 6 until the last two laps where I run on fuel map 1. Racing hards. Usually finish around 40 seconds to a minute in front of second place

Last edited:
As mentioned in the update thread about this race, I'm noticing also, the game "switches strategies" when I'm fuel saving or using certain tyres. I used the BRZ to do a no stop and the rain did not stop until I was about 2 minutes behind the leader. Then, last lap, I finish 20th, 1:30 behind p1. Plus, I think it was the first time the Huracan finished higher thn P3. The Swift pitted end of Lap 2, for a cheat to change tyres as the programming brought the purple rain.

Latest Posts

Back