Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
LDP Evolution VI TM500 Predator Edition
(504bhp @ 7,400rpm) (50kgfm @ 5,400rpm) (1127kg)

Very good car drives how you want it to drive. its a great car . i have no problems at all with it i only think that the gear must be higher a littlbit i changed it from 330 to 360 so you get a littel more speed when there are long straight .

Sorry for the bad english.

Last edited:
Very good car drives how you want it to drive. its a great car . i have no problems at all with it i only think that the gear must be higher a littlbit i changed it from 330 to 360 so you get a littel more speed when there are long straight .

Sorry for the bad english.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I think I'll leave the gears in the set up as it is as it works on tracks without very long straights fine (Trial Mountain was my most recent test track for the car). I'm sure others like yourself will adjust as they feel neccessary 👍.

Ok, the 599 came back from some testing round the 'ring.

The car oversteers a lot, and doesn't seem to have enough grip in most situations. But, I would be lying if I said the car isn't fast. I blame the possibly different driving styles, but I had to adjust my lines and braking quite a bit for the car to be decent. I tried changing the suspension and LSD settings slightly so it could suit me, and it did help a bit. So for now, that's what I've got. Thanks for making my 599 remotely driveable again. 👍

Apologies if I'm being stupid, but where's our 599 set up? :lol: I can't see it in the lists.

great to have you back Dragonistic!
i've tried your RS6 and M3 several weeks ago and i was very happy with the tunes 👍

i'm already looking forward to more tunes

Apologies if I'm being stupid, but where's our 599 set up? :lol: I can't see it in the lists.

Yeah I'm actually a little confused over this as well, we don't have a Ferrari 599 setup ImprezaAddict.;)

Just a quick thanks to LDP!

Have been playing around with your tunes over the last few weeks and have found them to be a wonderful drain on my credits! But they are well worth the grinding involved. I will look at doing some reviews for my favourites of your tunes once I get some time.

I appreciate the effort you guys go through to produce them! It has spurned me to look at the settings in a lot more detail. Keep up the good work!

LDP Courtesy Bus
(208hp/155kw @ 4,400rpm) (341Nm @ 4,400rpm) (931kg)

Very nice setup! I've just a couple of questions

1) Did you deliberately omit the aero parts that can be installed?
2) For some reason the mid RPM range turbo kit seems to pump out more horsepower than the high RPM range one. Did you notice that?​

Very nice setup! I've just a couple of questions

1) Did you deliberately omit the aero parts that can be installed?
2) For some reason the mid RPM range turbo kit seems to pump out more horsepower than the high RPM range one. Did you notice that?

I purposely omitted the aero parts because I felt they looked worse, and they're hardly aero parts anyway, just a different style of bumper bars.;) So that's merely a taste thing, since they'd give no performance advantage either. As for the mid-range turbo, I'll definitely check that out some time, thanks for the tip.👍

Fitting mid range turbos can always be fun on slower accel vehicles there is usually a sweet spot where the turbos kicked in and if u brake for corners it can take forever to get back up to speed. i noticed it on the Toyota 7 and reverting to teh default low end turbo made it loads better

I purposely omitted the aero parts because I felt they looked worse, and they're hardly aero parts anyway, just a different style of bumper bars.;) So that's merely a taste thing, since they'd give no performance advantage either. As for the mid-range turbo, I'll definitely check that out some time, thanks for the tip.👍

I think the mid range turbo however leaves a big peak in power in the centre but huge valleys either side according to the graph, with the high RPM turbo only dropped 3bhp but giving a more useful and broad band in the useful area.

Is the 300ZX ever going to be released?:sly:

In a word, yes. When? I can't say, though I'll probably work on it next. I will probably not max the BHP though I already bought all the parts so I'll remove the high RPM turbo most likely to make it more drivable for most people and particularly pad users. That or buy another and start fresh.

I think the mid range turbo however leaves a big peak in power in the centre but huge valleys either side according to the graph, with the high RPM turbo only dropped 3bhp but giving a more useful and broad band in the useful area.

that was the issue i found. u have a sweet spot in the middle where the car goes pretty crazy but accelerating and top speed is dreadfull, it isnt too noticable on the sportier vehicles but lower end/slower cars its like waiting for the hamsters to wakeup.

Av also just noticed the RUF '00 tune, i seen one in collectors dealership last night so am gonna try that out later, car looks pretty cool and its summat different

LDP 300ZXR TT Predator Edition
(463bhp @ 6,800rpm) (57kgfm @ 4,500rpm) (1223kg)

Kyoto-Shoren-in.jpg

Description: LDP were delighted to get our hands on such a gem of a car, a classic Japanese import from the late 80s sporting silky smooth lines as if it just rolled off the production line. So what did we do? Naturally replaced everything and decided gave this Fairlady an attitude. The engine has been completely reworked for improved performance providing good torque low down combined with improved peak power whilst retaining the stock turbo kit which creates a usable power band both on the track and on the street. As always that's not enough though and work began on making this mistress do exactly what she was told, when she was told. From a full aero kit to full race suspension the result is a predictable and entertaining car to drive for all levels of driver making a lady which has the personality to match the looks.

Base Model: Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT 2Seater (Z32) '89

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Torque Distributing Centre Dif
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Engine and Chassis as neccessary during the cars lifespan.
Front Aero Type B
Rear Aero Type A
Wing Type A

Tuner's Notes:
Another accessible car to drive for all levels and all input methods (wheel or pad). Compliant with bumpy circuits and won't smoke the tyres until provoked, predictable and smooth to drive.

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Transmission:
1st: 3.197
2nd: 2.128
3rd: 1.543
4th: 1.174
5th: 0.938
6th: 0.786
Final: 3.692
Max Speed: 205mph

Downforce:
0/20

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: -/10
Acceleration: -/38
Deceleration: -/10

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 11.0/8.7
Dampers Extension: 6/5
Dampers Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/4
Camber: 2.4/1.4
Toe: +0.25/-0.13

Brake Balance (front/rear): 6/5

Your 430 Scuderia is a miracle on wheels. Srsly, I just did a 1.03.331 on High Speed Ring with it. Probably sounds slow, but when I usually do around 1.05.9xx in my Scuderia, that's good =P With a joystock BTW. No wheel.

I just had an idea. Why don't you get some of the forums best (or at least good) racers to do laps with your cars on popular tracks, like the Nordschleife, TGTT, High Speed Ring, and post them along with the tuning options? Gives people ideas of how fast they actually are.

I forgot to mention, I have an XJ220 you can have for tuning purposes if needed, i know they can be a pain to find in used car dealership that i bought the second one when i seen it (and not seen another since)

that was the issue i found. u have a sweet spot in the middle where the car goes pretty crazy but accelerating and top speed is dreadfull, it isnt too noticable on the sportier vehicles but lower end/slower cars its like waiting for the hamsters to wakeup.

Av also just noticed the RUF '00 tune, i seen one in collectors dealership last night so am gonna try that out later, car looks pretty cool and its summat different

If the power band becomes like that, for the sake of 3hp I'll just leave it as is, especially since the gearing is presently matched to it. That car was obviously never going to be fast, it was just a fun tune. The RUF is something very different indeed, very fun to drive as well if you know how to.

Your 430 Scuderia is a miracle on wheels. Srsly, I just did a 1.03.331 on High Speed Ring with it. Probably sounds slow, but when I usually do around 1.05.9xx in my Scuderia, that's good =P With a joystock BTW. No wheel.

Thanks mate.👍

I just had an idea. Why don't you get some of the forums best (or at least good) racers to do laps with your cars on popular tracks, like the Nordschleife, TGTT, High Speed Ring, and post them along with the tuning options? Gives people ideas of how fast they actually are.

Check out my GTP division, I am a good driver.:sly: Problem is that my time on one track is meaningless to others because I may simply be faster or slower than they are, plus I don't want to get obsessed with hitting a few perfect laps in every tune I create.:sly:

I forgot to mention, I have an XJ220 you can have for tuning purposes if needed, i know they can be a pain to find in used car dealership that i bought the second one when i seen it (and not seen another since)

I already have an XJ220 mate, but thanks for the offer.:)

Lion's Den Performance News
Good news everyone! GT5 has just given us the ability to adjust individual gear ratios! Yes you read that right, ol' Kaz and his mates have been hard at work creating a large job for us tuners to do. This means we'll need to head back through and tune all of our tunes' gear ratios accordingly. This will not happen all at once, it'll take far too long, but this is certainly a mega advancement and will improve some of our cars in a big way. We'll be sure to post which cars' ratios we've updated as we do it.

Last edited:
Good news everyone! GT5 has just given us the ability to adjust individual gear ratios! Yes you read that right, ol' Kaz and his mates have been hard at work creating a large job for us tuners to do. This means we'll need to head back through and tune all of our tunes' gear ratios accordingly. This will not happen all at once, it'll take far too long, but this is certainly a mega advancement and will improve some of our cars in a big way. We'll be sure to post which cars' ratios we've updated as we do it.

I also think that the "Car ballast adjustment" will also keep you guys busy for a while when you update your tunes.

P.S Thanks for the 458 Italia tune, it truly is a beast and a one of the best tunes around.

I also think that the "Car ballast adjustment" will also keep you guys busy for a while when you update your tunes.

P.S Thanks for the 458 Italia tune, it truly is a beast and a one of the best tunes around.

I doubt either of us will need to bother with ballast as we would tune a balanced setup without it. Why add weight to the car when you can just tune the suspension and drivetrain right?

Wonder if they'll go as far as NFS Shift and go for individual tyre pressures eventually too.
Personally i always thought it was a bit too extreme.

Speaking of test tracks i always use Circuit de le sarthe 2009 (no chicanes) i think it has everything on it to test a good tune, long straights for the top speed and right angle turn after the main one to test braking from extreme speed, sweeping corners to test grip and couple mild chicanes to test manouverability and accel out of corners. Deffo my fave track of the game

Dunno how rare the car is, but it's one of my faves. A Jensen Interceptor. I'll gladly donate it if you guys would tune it, but as said, I don't really know if it's rare or whatnot ;D

LDP Evolution VI TM500 Predator Edition
(504bhp @ 7,400rpm) (50kgfm @ 5,400rpm) (1127kg)

Got to say that I had this car for some time and I wasn't using it because I didn't like how it handle. With this tune, things got different. It's a 4wd so it has that characteristic understeer that they normally have but it's tonned down and you can easily correct it. The oversteer helps you do corners with ease now and you always feel in control ( you won't if you drive like a moron ). So basically, things LDP and Drag for putting this tune for us to use. :sly:

P.S. - When will I see a Mazda RX-7 GT-X ( FC3S ) tune? Is the car that bad that no one wants to tune it?

Almost forgot to add I'll need to adjust the setup sheets some time so they show Performance Points, weight ballast and power restriction (which will 99 times out of 100 remain at 100%, particularly since the restrictor gives you a perfectly flat power curve, which is well and truly different to what a real life one would do). It's a large job ahead of us so bear with us please!

I doubt either of us will need to bother with ballast as we would tune a balanced setup without it. Why add weight to the car when you can just tune the suspension and drivetrain right?

Just looking at tuner notes for the RUF, wouldnt that benefit form a bit of weight at the front? not tried mine out yet but i hear that its a bit arse heavy and it can swing out a bit on corners?

LDP 300ZXR TT Predator Edition
(463bhp @ 6,800rpm) (57kgfm @ 4,500rpm) (1223kg)

I dont like it very much . i get a lot of understeer when i brake in a turn . its very diffecult to controle it then . except that its also a great tune like all the other cars of LDP the only negative is that its almost oncontrolebel when you brake in a turn .

Sorry for the bad english .

That's probably alot to do with the fact you're braking in a turn, a no no in front engine cars in particularly if you want to avoid understeer. I tested it on Trial Mountain and coming into the first tunnel you have a sweeping entry and the sharp curve after the hill, which is about as much braking you'll need to do whilst turning and I didn't find any noticeable problems.

Put another way, what turn on what circuit is a problem particularly and I'll do my test it myself and see if it's a taste problem or an all around fault.

Just looking at tuner notes for the RUF, wouldnt that benefit form a bit of weight at the front? not tried mine out yet but i hear that its a bit arse heavy and it can swing out a bit on corners?

Yes and no, I've already tuned it to a balance that skilled drivers can control and extract good speed. Adding weight now would slow it down, and I don't want to do that as it wouldn't be necessary for my driving, and it is my tune after all.;)

Edit: I tuned the maxxed out Chevelle today and the XJ220 Predator Edition. The Jag is quite fast, especially for a car without aero, although it does have a little bit of nose push mid corner I can't get rid of safely without negative side effects. I had forgotten what the 3rd car I was meant to do was, and now I see it was the C12S 7.3 Predator Edition, so that will be next.👍
Side Note: The Chevelle is absolutely insane, way over 1,000Nm of torque means you can spin the wheels for an entire short straight on Sports Softs. If we're having burnout comps on this site, this Chevy stands a chance!:lol: It is quite slow though despite the crazy fast acceleration.

Last edited:
Back