Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
Hey guys, I was wondering. Where does one go about winning the Sambabus? Or is it a once in a while UCD/OCD?

Yo Paulie, when are you going to release the tune for the 2010 sedan scooby?

Cheers loads and keep up the awesome work

David

EDIT: P.S How did the surgery go?

LDP Predatory Rat
(842hp/628kw @ 6,300rpm) (1177Nm @ 4,400rpm) (1329kg) (576PP)

Description: The big block Chevy V8 became affectionately known as the "Rat Motor". There are no two ways about, it's a formiddable power house that seems to know no limits to what it can accomplish. This version here has gone through our workshop and become a Predatory Rat, this Rat will hunt and kill prey. The motor has been supercharged to 842hp with a monumental, Earth shattering 1177Nm of twist. This prodigous power output propels this aerodynamic brick to a respectable 330km/hr. The chassis and suspension has also been entirely replaced with our own gear for what it's worth, making the power somewhat controllable. Our newest extension to the workshop is tranmission manufacturing, meaning we now have full control over the ratios put in to our cars rather than buying off the shelf transmissions from other companies, and this Chevelle is the first vehicle out of our workshop to utilise an in-house manufactured gearbox.

Base Model: Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust System
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Supercharger
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres or Racing Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
Shift at 6,500rpm
Well the car was never going to be the fastest anyway, so why not make it a maniacal power machine?
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: 2.190
2nd: 1.371
3rd: 1.028
4th: 0.813
5th: 0.668
Final: 3.500
Max Speed: 420km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/30
Acceleration: 0/60
Deceleration: 0/5

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -20/-14
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 12.0/6.0
Dampers Extension: 7/4
Dampers Compression: 4/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/3
Camber: 2.0/1.4
Toe: -0.12/+0.14

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/5

Last edited:
Looking forward to the Jag. i always found it a bit sluggish off mark, especially if u want a top speed anywhere near 200mph, still love it tho lol
I get what u mean with the RUF, most people have adapted tunes without need for balast by now so its a bit late coming for it.

Hey guys, I was wondering. Where does one go about winning the Sambabus? Or is it a once in a while UCD/OCD?

It can be purchased brand new at Vokswagen.

Yo Paulie, when are you going to release the tune for the 2010 sedan scooby?

Cheers loads and keep up the awesome work

David

EDIT: P.S How did the surgery go?

Well I suppose I could do it any time now, even though I'm out of time tonight. The surgery is on Tuesday, it's for wisdom teeth so the chances of something going wrong are slim.

Edit 2:
Looking forward to the Jag. i always found it a bit sluggish off mark, especially if u want a top speed anywhere near 200mph, still love it tho lol
I get what u mean with the RUF, most people have adapted tunes without need for balast by now so its a bit late coming for it.

I actually need to tune first gear for launches yet with the Jag. Being that it's only a 5spd gearbox I've made 2nd gear very long indeed. I'm using a mid-range turbo so you don't lose anything in acceleration really, but it does have very good traction for a car of over 550hp. I really love having control over the ratios now.:D

Last edited:
There's plenty to go wrong with wisdom tooth surgery.. or more like the aftermath. Believe me, been there, done that, got the t-shirt and unpleasant memory of spitting mouthfuls of blood as one of the stitches later cut open a vein.. :ouch:

slightly off topic but i really dont envy you having to have a wisdom tooth out lol
on the upside u get sum pretty sweet painkillers for afterwards lol we'll expect sum trippy tunes while ur out your head on prescription class drugs.

Small request to the LDP Tuning Team

Could you guys possibly post the colours you use on your cars??
I'm looking for the green you guys used on your Evora, really seeing my Evo IX RM in that colour

PS: Just need 2 more cars, then I'll have all your tunes posted so far :):):)
LDP FTW

Small request to the LDP Tuning Team

Could you guys possibly post the colours you use on your cars??
I'm looking for the green you guys used on your Evora, really seeing my Evo IX RM in that colour

PS: Just need 2 more cars, then I'll have all your tunes posted so far :):):)
LDP FTW

The green you seek is an Evora factory colour.👍 I don't know where half the colours I use come from, so there's not really much I can do about that. Have you got all the Lion's Den Performance Racing tunes from post #2 of this thread?;)

Edit:
There's plenty to go wrong with wisdom tooth surgery.. or more like the aftermath. Believe me, been there, done that, got the t-shirt and unpleasant memory of spitting mouthfuls of blood as one of the stitches later cut open a vein.. :ouch:

They can do what now?:scared: I hope Australian surgeons are better than Finnish ones then- that's the problem with you Finns, you're too fast at everything, sometimes it's better to take your time.:sly:
Look, I really have no idea what to expect here, so many variables, but I'll be following the after surgery procedures like clockwork as best I can. I was hoping to get lots of tuning done during the aftermath (in particular revising all my gear ratios and editing the tune sheets to display the new tuning options and Performance Points), but if I'm not in the right frame of mind then I won't be touching the PS3.

Last edited:
It wasn't surgeons fault nor me rushing.. I waited over 4 hours before eating anything hot, and once I did.. bleeding started. so, better fill yourself up before surgery.

That's probably alot to do with the fact you're braking in a turn, a no no in front engine cars in particularly if you want to avoid understeer. I tested it on Trial Mountain and coming into the first tunnel you have a sweeping entry and the sharp curve after the hill, which is about as much braking you'll need to do whilst turning and I didn't find any noticeable problems.

Put another way, what turn on what circuit is a problem particularly and I'll do my test it myself and see if it's a taste problem or an all around fault.

I had that problem on madrit. after the long straight then you must brake go a littel left and then right .

Love what you guys are doing. Would you have anything on the Grand Turismo Nissan Skyline GT-R. Everything I have found that is same model year Skyline pushes like a dog.

The green you seek is an Evora factory colour.👍 I don't know where half the colours I use come from, so there's not really much I can do about that. Have you got all the Lion's Den Performance Racing tunes from post #2 of this thread?;)

Just need to get hold of the Corvette C1 & the Isuzu Bellet(hopefully in a couple of days I'll have them:))

The Americans must think that the Aussies are pushing the friendship a bit far! Firstly, the crocodile-chasing convict colony creates their own home-made muscle car by bolting in the Chev small-block. Then they have the hide to call it a Pontiac GTO and sell it in the US. Now, some tuners from Down Under are pulling apart a Dodge Challenger, claiming that it can be improved! So is this the final straw? Or a case of the Aussies getting ahead of themselves? Or just a damn fine car? Let’s start shredding some rear tyres and find out!

LDP Challenger SRT385 Predator Edition Review
Parts only (default settings)
Pretty much everything a muscle car should be. Long wheelbase makes it nicely stable over bumps, so it’s by no means out of its depth at Deep Forest. The basic handling balance is for mild understeer but lean on the hemi V8 and it kicks the tail out instantly. Wonderfully controllable powerslides are but a flex of the right ankle away. Hard to lap consistently because it’s a bit vague and floaty (which would be called “unforgiveable” in Stage 4 Fury Spec Honda Civic, but in this case it’s “character”). Lap time 1:21.7

Lion’s Den Performance Tune
Heading into the first corner hairpin, immediately the shorter stopping distance is obvious. Gearing isn’t suited to this track (this isn’t a criticism- the tune wasn’t designed for this track specifically), the taller 2nd and 3rd of the default settings actually worked better.

The handling is slightly sharper, providing quicker responses and more consistent lap times. But, fear not, the bump compliance is still fine though. Maybe slightly less understeer, still a good match to the car’s character. At the final corner (4th gear left), the soft setup means the front rolls over itself causing it to push wide. I suspect this was also present in the default settings but it wasn’t as obvious because it had more roly-poly action going on in general.

I was actually surprised at the improvement in lap time, purely because the default settings were very good. Lap time 1:20.7

A great example of how a muscle car should be set up.

It wasn't surgeons fault nor me rushing.. I waited over 4 hours before eating anything hot, and once I did.. bleeding started. so, better fill yourself up before surgery.

I was joking that the surgeon rushed his placing of the stitches, and I did eat a lot of dessert/supper tonight.:lol:

Love what you guys are doing. Would you have anything on the Grand Turismo Nissan Skyline GT-R. Everything I have found that is same model year Skyline pushes like a dog.

If you'd like us to tune a car for you we ask that you review one of our existing cars first.👍

The Americans must think that the Aussies are pushing the friendship a bit far! Firstly, the crocodile-chasing convict colony creates their own home-made muscle car by bolting in the Chev small-block. Then they have the hide to call it a Pontiac GTO and sell it in the US. Now, some tuners from Down Under are pulling apart a Dodge Challenger, claiming that it can be improved! So is this the final straw? Or a case of the Aussies getting ahead of themselves? Or just a damn fine car? Let’s start shredding some rear tyres and find out!

LDP Challenger SRT385 Predator Edition Review
Parts only (default settings)
Pretty much everything a muscle car should be. Long wheelbase makes it nicely stable over bumps, so it’s by no means out of its depth at Deep Forest. The basic handling balance is for mild understeer but lean on the hemi V8 and it kicks the tail out instantly. Wonderfully controllable powerslides are but a flex of the right ankle away. Hard to lap consistently because it’s a bit vague and floaty (which would be called “unforgiveable” in Stage 4 Fury Spec Honda Civic, but in this case it’s “character”). Lap time 1:21.7

Lion’s Den Performance Tune
Heading into the first corner hairpin, immediately the shorter stopping distance is obvious. Gearing isn’t suited to this track (this isn’t a criticism- the tune wasn’t designed for this track specifically), the taller 2nd and 3rd of the default settings actually worked better.

The handling is slightly sharper, providing quicker responses and more consistent lap times. But, fear not, the bump compliance is still fine though. Maybe slightly less understeer, still a good match to the car’s character. At the final corner (4th gear left), the soft setup means the front rolls over itself causing it to push wide. I suspect this was also present in the default settings but it wasn’t as obvious because it had more roly-poly action going on in general.

I was actually surprised at the improvement in lap time, purely because the default settings were very good. Lap time 1:20.7

A great example of how a muscle car should be set up.

Nice review mate, I enjoyed reading that. It's nice to see someone compare the tuned settings to the default ones, I don't get that very often but it provides good feedback. I promise you that as soon as I get around to it, now that we have individual gear ratio adjustment, 98% chance says the Challenger will get longer gear ratios in 2nd and 3rd gears. And don't worry, us Aussies will continue to push the envelopes of our friendship make fine muscle cars.👍:)

Hello from Two Brothers Sim Racing. I am a long time fan of LDP and I have began writing a review thread For Lion's Den on the Two Brothers forums. It is still quite basic but i will soon be adding reviews of some of my favorite models.

http://www.twobrothersracing.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11

G'day mate, pleased we could be of service. I'll check that site out now.
Edit: You actually seem to have overlooked our cars in Lion's Den Performance Racing found in post #2 of this thread.;) But seriously thanks for the big rap, I appreciate it mate.:)

Last edited:
I used to 300zx tune for the new seasonal event GT race thingy. i dont think the one i have is exact same model but they all pretty much move the same. mine was a fully upgraded one i had laying round but the tune worked perfectly even with the fully upgraded parts. Its second tune i've used from here for a seasonal event and they've both made me plenty of cash so taa for that guys :D

Soooooo guys, any chance of seeing an LDP drift tune?

I see Dragonistic has posted a future S13 tune:drool:, any chance of an S15 tune too?:) (holding thumbs:tup:)

If I can ever figure out how to drift I might make some drift cars. I can pull a decent power slide but drifting is on a completeky different level. Now the numness from anaesthetics are worn off I'm in more pain today than yesterday, so I can't promise those other tunes today yet either.

If I can ever figure out how to drift I might make some drift cars. I can pull a decent power slide but drifting is on a completeky different level. Now the numness from anaesthetics are worn off I'm in more pain today than yesterday, so I can't promise those other tunes today yet either.

No worries mate, you should just throw in a couple painkillers & chill.

Now switch on the telly & learn how to drift :) ;)

LDP Predatory Rat
(842hp/628kw @ 6,300rpm) (1177Nm @ 4,400rpm) (1329kg) (597PP/656PP)

The Chevelle tune now has its picture, depicting what is only fitting of such a monster. Plus here is a preview of the next tune to come. It's already finished but I haven't had time to post it yet.

LDP XJ-R Predator Edition
(564hp/421kw @ 6,600rpm) (754Nm/556ft-lbs @ 4,500rpm) (1362kg) (584PP)

Description: The XJ200's glory was short lived, as it was quickly outshone by the McLaren F1. Many of them never even found good homes, with some in recent years still being sold basically brand new. Lion's Den Performance was able to acquire one of these and we've gone about giving it a new outlook. New turbos that spool up faster help produce a more robust power curve while raising peak output to 421kw from the 3.5L V6. We then turned our attention to the suspension and drivetrain. A customisable racing suspension allowed us to apply our tuning expertise to the handling, while a new LSD, semi-slick tyres and custom LDP 5spd gearbox help put power to the ground. The combined package sees this Jag around the Nurburgring in under 7'00. Not only that but all the creature comforts remain, it's still very much so a full blown road car.

Base Model: Jaguar XJ220 '92

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
Shift anywhere from 7,000-7,500rpm
Not much to comment on really, it's a rather pleasurable car to drive.
Lowering it seemed to hurt weight transfer too much.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: 3.235
2nd: 2.089
3rd: 1.570
4th: 1.268
5th: 1.058
Final: 2.600
Max Speed: 360km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/8
Acceleration: 0/55
Deceleration: 0/5

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -1/0
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 14.5/12.5
Dampers Extension: 6/5
Dampers Compression: 3/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/4
Camber: 1.8/1.4
Toe: -0.06/+0.20

Brake Balance (front/rear): 4/5

Last edited:
Nice one Paulie, good to see you keeping busy even through the fog of the pain meds. To keep you even busier you need to update the LDP Tarmac Terror WRX Predator Edition tune now that the comp has finished ;)

Nice one Paulie, good to see you keeping busy even through the fog of the pain meds. To keep you even busier you need to update the LDP Tarmac Terror WRX Predator Edition tune now that the comp has finished ;)

I was sort of waiting until I had the time to do the gearing properly now, and as a regular all-rounder tune rather than Trial Mountain specific. This XJ220 I tuned before the op, so this was just a case of taking a picture and posting it.;)

Paulie
I was sort of waiting until I had the time to do the gearing properly now, and as a regular all-rounder tune rather than Trial Mountain specific. This XJ220 I tuned before the op, so this was just a case of taking a picture and posting it.;)

Gotcha. I've nicked the settings for it from the tuners comp thread so I'll have a play with the gearing my self for now as I'm doing a little test at the moment. On that note it's chuffing annoying having to go back to your garage to swap cars when you're running a track in practice, don't even get me started on not being able to save different tune profiles!

No rush on the Zonda C12S 7.3 tune, I don't want it set up for use by someone who is post op....:eek:

Back