Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
Hmm, my mind is perfectly clear-ish now, but the motivation to put in the effort isn't there right now due to my "condition".:sly: That said, I bought the non-power parts earlier tonight, ready for when I begin.đź‘Ť But don't worry, I'll be doing it right when I do it.

Awesome, thanks Paulie đź‘Ť Get well soon, I trust you're milking it with people looking after you and taking time off :D

Awesome, thanks Paulie đź‘Ť Get well soon, I trust you're milking it with people looking after you and taking time off :D

Not really, there's not much to milk. I booked the remainder of this week off of sick leave in advance before the surgery, if I can I'll be working my Saturday shift for the extra $$$, but we'll see how that goes...... I've just been sitting around watching the 2 seasons of Smallville that I missed on Australian TV because of the channel it was on at the time.:lol: Tomorrow though I'm taking my Ute in to the mechanics and going to a friend's 21st birthday party. He only told me about the party after I'd already booked the surgery.:crazy:

Going to a 21st party gives you a good excuse to have a few shandies which is by far the best pain killer unless you've got some properly dopey stuff off the doc :D

I havn't buy it yet but I'm going to in a few, in the meantime I've got a McLaren MP4 fully tunned and adjusted.

Why didn't you tune the engine until the 3rd stage? It would be even faster than the mp4.

Thank you

LDP XJ-R Predator Edition
(564hp/421kw @ 6,600rpm) (754Nm @ 4,500rpm) (1362kg) (602PP)

Base Model: Jaguar XJ220 '92

Test track: Circuit De La Sarthe 2009 (no chicanes)

Well, i been looking forward to a good XJ220 for a while now so was eager to test this out when i woke up this morning and saw the post (first thing i did)
The stock XJ220 is pretty slow n sluggish of the mark and despite the names claim that it will do 220mph, u'd need a clean straight from here in UK to Paulies home down under to actually achieve that.
Steering can also be stiff on the stock model too and on the straight of the track u can get a top speed of 199mph, most times for stock model have been 3.40-3.50 being as i'm not the best driver.

My XJ220 was already fully tuned again, but i've found that like with every other 'predator edition' tune they can be transitioned up to a higher spec car and still work completely.

Note: I'm rather heavy handed when it comes to the triggers and so with most FR/MR cars i generally keep the skid recovery ON as i did with this tune, everything else was OFF with ABS 1

Firstly, car accelerates a lot faster, the custom gear ratios work a dream and get the car upto a good speed of around 150mph by the first corners, CDLS 2009 has an easy chicane early on and most cars can try to fight back if ur going to fast on it, there was a little fight but mostly down to me braking too late and the car swooped round the few easy corners leading upto the 3 n half mile straight.
The tuned Jag picked up speed rapidly and got upto and held a top speed of 214mph and got around the little kink corner near the end of the straight easily. There is a nasty turn right after the long straight and first time braking is a guessing game, on first lap i broke a little too late and stopped just a over the corner race line but on second lap i nailed it and eased round the corner effortlesly.
There are a couple more straights with heavy braking and sharp corners required but following same tactic as the first one, the car works round them without any fight back.
After the fun of the straights we have the swooping corners which the jag hugged around and kept a steady speed of 110-115mph, having gotten used to the braking the last two easy chicanes went by easily and i ended up with a lap time of just over 3.32 with a couple of small mistakes.

The tune is as good as every other predator edition, car smoothly glides round corners and better drivers will get a lap time of sub 3.30 easily, i'd go as far as saying 3.25 is possible, Its turned my favortie car from a kid into a pleasure to drive ingame and it will deffinitly increase the anmount i use the car online. the only thing that could make this car better is a premium model to change the horrid wheels

It may still be overshadowed by the Mclaren F1 but now on the right track it will most deffinitly give it a better run for its money.

LDP 300ZXR TT Predator Edition
(463bhp @ 6,800rpm) (57kgfm @ 4,500rpm) (1223kg)

Your car feels quite good, though I felt the suspension was a bit too soft. Your suspension is similar to what I'm running for higher-powered Z32. With Sport Softs the car is a natural drifter for me - though I couldn't do very well running a time trial with those tires. Even though I suspected it would change the handling characteristics, I equipped some Racing Softs and took it for a couple rounds on Tsukuba Circuit. The car performed quite well, achieving a time of 0:56:614.

In direct comparison to my tune (de-tuned Turbo Kit to match HP) on Tsukuba Circuit, I would say your tune is a bit better because I could get more oversteer throughout the corners. I will definitely be using your tune for characteristic reference in order to improve the corner-exiting on my tune. This car is definitely worth recognition - thanks for sharing it.

Your car feels quite good, though I felt the suspension was a bit too soft. Your suspension is similar to what I'm running for higher-powered Z32. With Sport Softs the car is a natural drifter for me - though I couldn't do very well running a time trial with those tires. Even though I suspected it would change the handling characteristics, I equipped some Racing Softs and took it for a couple rounds on Tsukuba Circuit. The car performed quite well, achieving a time of 0:56:614.

In direct comparison to my tune (de-tuned Turbo Kit to match HP) on Tsukuba Circuit, I would say your tune is a bit better because I could get more oversteer throughout the corners. I will definitely be using your tune for characteristic reference in order to improve the corner-exiting on my tune. This car is definitely worth recognition - thanks for sharing it.

Excellent feedback đź‘Ť, I think it may be a little soft on some circuit but I was tuning on Trial Mountain and some 'ring laps so some compromise had to be made in order to keep what I was aiming for and make sure it was relatively easy to drive (without being flat out boring) on all tracks.

Ah yeah, I will have to try it out on other courses - I can see where the softer suspension would be more ideal for Trial and 'ring.

LDP-R GT500 NSX #9
(541hp/403kw @ 7,500rpm) (627Nm @ 5,500rpm) (1100kg)

I have Struggled allot with this setup and found Your setup........Daaam it's good....could not have done it better my self...It is so smoothe as a MR can be ;)
The breaking in corners is allot better now, still hard but better. Turning in to a corner is superb, dont really need to use the break arround a corners.
Still need some power/throttle when breaking in or up to a sharper corner......

This setup is fantastic, even my friends uses this setup on there NSX's with small modification:
Honda Mobile 1 NSX '01
Honda TAKATA NSX

Thanks allot

Question:
Just need too fix the gearing to my liking, running the NĂĽrburgring Nordschleife Allot.
Why have You 4 and 5 gear so close and 6th so far away :)

Wish Tuning
I also got the Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model too
This my favorite car over all, but need a good setup.....How and what can I do for U, for U too look into this cars performance?

THX for all the work U all have done!!!!!

Last edited:
One thing i noticed is that some tunes have top speed in KMH and other in MPH. Before this was a simple issue to solve as all u did was just look at the gear ratios till they matched but obviously now, due to custom gears its not possible. Is it too much to ask to edit tunes with both KMH/MPH top speeds? just saves having to goto an online converter :D

LDP XJ-R Predator Edition
(564hp/421kw @ 6,600rpm) (754Nm @ 4,500rpm) (1362kg) (602PP)

Base Model: Jaguar XJ220 '92

Test track: Circuit De La Sarthe 2009 (no chicanes)

I'm glad you liked the XJ220. It may be a little off the pace of my McLaren F1, but this is due primarily to downforce and acceleration, I find the Jag a much much nicer car to drive because it's not overdone.

I have Struggled allot with this setup and found Your setup........Daaam it's good....could not have done it better my self...It is so smoothe as a MR can be ;)
The breaking in corners is allot better now, still hard but better. Turning in to a corner is superb, dont really need to use the break arround a corners.
Still need some power/throttle when breaking in or up to a sharper corner......

This setup is fantastic, even my friends uses this setup on there NSX's with small modification:
Honda Mobile 1 NSX '01
Honda TAKATA NSX

Thanks allot

Question:
Just need too fix the gearing to my liking, running the NĂĽrburgring Nordschleife Allot.
Why have You 4 and 5 gear so close and 6th so far away :)

Wish Tuning
I also got the Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model too
This my favorite car over all, but need a good setup.....How and what can I do for U, for U too look into this cars performance?

THX for all the work U all have done!!!!!

Glad you like the NSX, but it sounds like you've made a mistake in setting the gear ratios somehow somewhere. Another thing of note is I have note yet updated the gear ratios for nearly all my tunes since we were given the ability. For testing my GT500 NSX I think I should be able to tune a Super GT GT-R for you.

One thing i noticed is that some tunes have top speed in KMH and other in MPH. Before this was a simple issue to solve as all u did was just look at the gear ratios till they matched but obviously now, due to custom gears its not possible. Is it too much to ask to edit tunes with both KMH/MPH top speeds? just saves having to goto an online converter :D

Maybe you should just start using a proper unit of measurement.:sly: If I use a unit converter myself there's no guarantee it will be exactly the same as in the game every time, which could cause confusion, but I suppose with the new rules on setting up gear ratios I don't have much choice.

Yeah both the Jag and mclaren are great tunes, i sent the F1 to a buddy last night so we could have a few races on tracks and it was very even results, even on tracks where the F1 had room to get upto speed the Jag managed to catch up through the turns and it ended up 3-3 on race wins.

As for the speed, dude, i aint even know whats what where its concerned over here in UK lol half the country is on MPH other half on KMH its such a mess these days. where i live its MPH, 50mile down road ur on KMH, thats how i ended up with a speed conversion website in my faves in first place lol

The F1 was around 4sec faster than the XJ220 at Grand Valley Speedway in my hands, and I know how to handle a car......or was it 3sec? I can't remember, point is the McLaren should be a deal bit faster, and will get faster again when I finally get around to its gear ratios.

As for the speed, dude, i aint even know whats what where its concerned over here in UK lol half the country is on MPH other half on KMH its such a mess these days. where i live its MPH, 50mile down road ur on KMH, thats how i ended up with a speed conversion website in my faves in first place lol

That is very odd, I've only ever seen MPH speed limits whilst I've been driving (or passenger) and naturally I've only ever been pulled over and given my speed in MPH as well :sly:. Having traversed most of the UK in my relatively short life, it's nowhere near 50/50 split and must be some local council near you trying some silly policy.

The F1 was around 4sec faster than the XJ220 at Grand Valley Speedway in my hands, and I know how to handle a car......or was it 3sec? I can't remember, point is the McLaren should be a deal bit faster, and will get faster again when I finally get around to its gear ratios.

Yeah me n him aint the best drivers. we both swapped over n had a good evening battling the 2 cars against each other.

That is very odd, I've only ever seen MPH speed limits whilst I've been driving (or passenger) and naturally I've only ever been pulled over and given my speed in MPH as well :sly:. Having traversed most of the UK in my relatively short life, it's nowhere near 50/50 split and must be some local council near you trying some silly policy.

yeah more than likely. I think wales, north and south ireland have moved over in the past year or so to KMH, not sure if scotland have/will change over or not. our council is likely to do summat stupid and move over lol

Put in the simplest of ways, your guess is as good as mine. I'll go and check whenever I get the chance but that won't be today.

Hey, Dragonistic and Paulie, would any of you guys mind checking on my Ferrari California (link in sig)? I need some opinions from better tuners than myself. BTW, I also just made myself the Chevelle you have listed. It's quite good, but IMO the Scuderia is still the best you have up. For me anyways =P

Good setup paulie.
I tried you camaro ss 10 tune and it was a ton better.
Need a street car for my new league so ill be using your tunes as a reference.

Just tried your Chevelle tune. What a machine! I ran a 1.08.725 on the TGTT on my second lap. AND that was with the standard 4 speeder. I may invest in the custom 'box in the near future. Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Alright so here's the low down on what's been going on from my perspective lately. I've tuned the Zonda C12S 7.3 Predator Edition and will try to post that tonight. I also reviewed my Acura NSX RM and Alfa Brera tunes for gear ratios etc., and will try and update those tune sheets tonight as well. Then productivity will cease for a little while while I wait for another refurbed PS3 from Sony due to this one having overheating issues. I apologise in advance for this inconvenience, especially since I have a Super GT R35 GT-R request tune that needs to be done- but alas I have no control over the "quality" of products on the market these days.

Edit: In a follow-up to my own sentiments here, I was able to post the Zonda, update the Brera tune sheet, then while in the middle of updating the Acura NSX the PS3 overheated and died, it had been on only for say 15mins. So the Acura does not yet have updated gear ratios or Performance Points listed.

Last edited:
LDP Zonda 600 Predator Edition
(601hp/448kw @ 6,200rpm) (800Nm/590ft-lbs @ 4,200rpm) (1240kg) (587PP)

Description: Lion's Den Performance is proud to present our 600hp Zonda. Now realistically, there are more powerful Zondas that have already since been released by Pagani themselves, and much faster versions too in the form of cars like the Zonda R. Our version boasts not much more than suspension tuning done in-house, a new LSD, gearbox and a set of semi-slick tyres. That's not to say our Zonda is a slow car by any means, and the balance is certainly there. Top speed sits pretty on 350km/hr, while lap times are there to match. Our Zonda may not be the most powerful, or the most race track orientated, but it sure is one sweet drive.

Base Model: Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
Shift just before 6,500rpm.
Smooth driving is essential for this car, it's not the most tame bull in the pen.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: 2.874
2nd: 1.854
3rd: 1.375
4th: 1.069
5th: 0.873
6th: 0.727
Final: 3.170
Max Speed: 440km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/25
Acceleration: 0/60
Deceleration: 0/15

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -15/-15
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 12.5/8.8
Dampers Extension: 4/7
Dampers Compression: 1/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/3
Camber: 1.8/1.7
Toe: -0.12/+0.16

Brake Balance (front/rear): 6/4

Last edited:
so yesterday i tried some of your setup on my fully mod car (i know yours are not) with my g27

1- Ferrari 430 scuderia: 1 word WOW ... this setup is awesome ... i know that is one of your only full race setup but now i love this car more than any other one ... it suit my driving style perfectly

2- Lancer Evo IV and VI : very stable tune ... i dont really like those car, because im not a big fan of AWD car for racing ... i use them for easy and fun drifting on top gear test track ... but i will give them a chance on the ring just to see what they can do with your setup.

3- MR-2 : i will be honnest ... i dont think this car is for me ... MAr are a real nightmare to drive ... i don't like the heavy lift off oversteer they have ... i will need some practice to really enjoy these type of car.

4- 300zx : so i said that all my car was full mod, this one is fun to drive it drift even with my RS tyre on ... but in a way that is fun, because it drift perfectly, with some adjustement i think i can do a really good car with it (just need to know how lol, will find this after i tune 1 or 2 car myself)

5- McLaren F1 : good setup more stable than the stock one need to adjust on corner exit this car have too much power lol ... but really fun to drive on the ring.

I have some car like the acura nsx, the mustang mach 1, camarro z28, chevelle ss, maserati granturismo and the ferrari 458 italia that i will try in a near futur with your street setup (they are not upgrade for the moment) and will post about it ... but as far as i can tell your setup are really good.

I hope you will have time to setup other full upgrade car as most of my car are and I would like to see what they can do with a good setup.

thank you for your great job đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Back