Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
Myabe it's just me but I'm not going to post a message like this in any tuner's garage. I think all the tuners in here are putting lot of effort and they deserve a little bit of touch by all of us. Don't want to argue with you don't missunderstand, but If you don't like how the car handle probably it's all about different online/offline physics, different driving skills, and different driving styles as you mentioned. If the car "oversteer too much" when you go flat out this mean you need to apply proper throttle control. And don't forget to mention what you think could help the car, if you think it doesn't work (for you). Coming here taking the tunes and write only "this car is great" "this car is disappointing" is not exactly what they mean for "user feedback". They are not selling their tunes they are just sharing, it's free, never forget that. :)

Read the post. I said "or maybe it just doesn't fit my driving style". Read the whole post before you start complaining. But if you really want exactly why I don't like it, it's because I made the mistake of buying all 3 engine upgrades. I tried readjusting the HP to fit, but it didn't work. So it's just as much my mistake as it's Paulie's, if not more mine.

I'm loving this thread. Just found RKM's thread the other day, and tried a couple of their tunes out already, now it looks like I'll have to try a few of yours. I'd like to make one little niggling request, though. Can you include torques in ft-lbs in addition to Nm's? (I've noticed you already have HP and kW's...) As you probably realise it helps us out in the States when we use the default American settings.

I'm loving this thread. Just found RKM's thread the other day, and tried a couple of their tunes out already, now it looks like I'll have to try a few of yours. I'd like to make one little niggling request, though. Can you include torques in ft-lbs in addition to Nm's? (I've noticed you already have HP and kW's...) As you probably realise it helps us out in the States when we use the default American settings.

I suppose one day I might be able to go through and update the torque ratings as well as doing it from now on.

If you look more closely, only I show the torque output in ft-lbs; all of Roj's tunes display it in kg-fm. Nm to ft-lb is easy enough (Nm/1.35 = ft-lbs), kg-fm is a conversion I've never bothered to memorize due to how rarely it's used.

In faaaaaaaact, it's the same case here. Dragonistic's cars use kg-fm, Paulie's got the choice of Nm or ft-lbs depending on measurement system.

I would have used ft-lbs if the game allowed me to use them but it didn't at least on release IIRC and I haven't gone back and checked. I to don't have the conversion memorised but ultimately because it didn't much matter what the torque figure was (so long as it was still there regardless of the exact number) I didn't bother working it out everytime.

In other news, I will no longer tuning any cars due to a general shift in my lifestyle I don't often game at all any more and simply don't have the time to tune and test cars effectively (I barely did before lets be honest). The set ups I've already done will stay but this should be considered my resignation from LDP, or strictly speaking an announcement of as I have already informed Paulie of course.

If you look more closely, only I show the torque output in ft-lbs; all of Roj's tunes display it in kg-fm. Nm to ft-lb is easy enough (Nm/1.35 = ft-lbs), kg-fm is a conversion I've never bothered to memorize due to how rarely it's used.

In faaaaaaaact, it's the same case here. Dragonistic's cars use kg-fm, Paulie's got the choice of Nm or ft-lbs depending on measurement system.

My game only displays in the same kgfm, however I just use an online calculator, same with power, I'm so lazy.

Sad to see you go mate. Good luck with, you know, that reality thing everyone's always talking about.

Pfft, reality, it's soo over-rated, I can vouch for that.

In regards to the Maccy F1, only issue i found is there is a lot of power to the rear wheels and if ur heavy handed on teh accel like me it can cause it to spin out, all i did was turn Skid recovery force to ON and its one, if not the best car in my garage.

Alright. I had more money than I knew what to do with, so I bought a new F1, where I didn't screw up on the parts buying =P

Basics first. 6'28' on the Nordschleife, minus 15-20 seconds for driver-induced screw-ups =P Especially the part between Karoussel and the straight it breezed through, a part which I always seem to have trouble with. Only issue I have is that it seems to like smoking tires when accelerating away from corners where you reach under 100 KPH. That, and it seems quite understeery when going at speed (sweeping corner after straight springs to mind, but I saved it =P). But really, when I actually do exactly as the tune says, this car is very good ;D

I would have used ft-lbs if the game allowed me to use them but it didn't at least on release IIRC and I haven't gone back and checked. I to don't have the conversion memorised but ultimately because it didn't much matter what the torque figure was (so long as it was still there regardless of the exact number) I didn't bother working it out everytime.

In other news, I will no longer tuning any cars due to a general shift in my lifestyle I don't often game at all any more and simply don't have the time to tune and test cars effectively (I barely did before lets be honest). The set ups I've already done will stay but this should be considered my resignation from LDP, or strictly speaking an announcement of as I have already informed Paulie of course.

I've only just discovered you guys, and now one of you is going on hiatus. Sorry to see you go, bud.

Sad to see you go mate. Good luck with, you know, that reality thing everyone's always talking about.

I've only just discovered you guys, and now one of you is going on hiatus. Sorry to see you go, bud.

Appreciate the farewells 👍. As regards this reality thing, it's only as good as the reality in which you find yourself and mine happens to be quite fantastic right now if not always an easy or relaxed one.

Alright. I had more money than I knew what to do with, so I bought a new F1, where I didn't screw up on the parts buying =P

Basics first. 6'28' on the Nordschleife, minus 15-20 seconds for driver-induced screw-ups =P Especially the part between Karoussel and the straight it breezed through, a part which I always seem to have trouble with. Only issue I have is that it seems to like smoking tires when accelerating away from corners where you reach under 100 KPH. That, and it seems quite understeery when going at speed (sweeping corner after straight springs to mind, but I saved it =P). But really, when I actually do exactly as the tune says, this car is very good ;D

Thanks mate.👍 Yeah, I'd say it probably understeers a little at speed to make it a little less taily at low speeds. Give a little take a little, it's what you get with cars that don't manage their power well.

Appreciate the farewells 👍. As regards this reality thing, it's only as good as the reality in which you find yourself and mine happens to be quite fantastic right now if not always an easy or relaxed one.

A fantastic reality? Now I know you're just lying!

Damn, didn't see your announcment 'till now =/ But oh well =/ I assume Paulie will still be doing tunes?

Yeah I'm not going anywhere, even though I don't have as much time for GT5 as I initially did since I decided fitness was a good idea.

Ah well, would've liked to have gotten your drift tune, alas, tis not meant to be!

Goodluck in your new efforts mate, hope all goes well;)

Well, I've been looking at a few tunes already, and have updated gear ratios ready to go, but my brother keeps hogging the computer.:irked: As it is now, I'll only be on for a few minutes, which isn't nearly enough to do anything.👎 I can tell you my Isuzu Bellet gear ratios will remain as is when I update them, except for possibly a longer 1st gear. The Camaro SS 2010 is due for a big gear update, it will make the nose of the Chevy harder to pull in a low speeds but produce far better drive off the low speed corners. You may find this with many of my gear ratio updates. Plus although I have not yet tested anything, I'm betting my 3000GT will also get an update, as 2nd gear seems too short and just doesn't go anywhere before you need to shift. I raced some French guys last night in my 3000GT who just so happened to be using 480 PP (the Mitsu is 481), and beat them very comfortably, although tyre wear was an issue. Even when they upgraded to 500 PP and I stuck with the 481 PP 3000GT, I was easily able to pull away until the tyres went away. Still won a 5 lap race at GVS.
Mr. CoolFiat, I'm very satisfied with using my own layout thanks.👍

Edit: Well I've done some of the work now, all tune sheets updated with the appropriate lay-out since the update. Now it's just a matter of updating gear ratios and inputting Performance Points. Today of course is V8 Supercars though.;)

Edit 2: Bugger me, I switched off my PS3 thinking I'd already done the update to the Camaro tune sheet, but I hadn't.:ouch: The Acura NSX RM is now updated, and the Zonda finally has a picture to go with it. The GT500 GT-R is basically finished, I'll post it when I can.

Last edited:
Hey guys, long time no see! It's been a while since I was active in the ol' Prologue garage, and it looks like you're certainly doing great for yourselves. I'm currently reading through the entire thread from the start - all 35 pages! :scared: - and I couldn't hold off posting any longer. Edit: Just read about Dragonistic leaving, sad to see but wish him all the best :)

I've driven your NSX Type X and GTR Spec X, and it's clear that you're tuning as well as ever! The cars are great. I'll write some reviews up a little while later - that is, if I don't get distracted by no less than SIX or more of your other cars I'm itching to try! :lol: You've tuned some of my favourite and most used cars so far, so resisting will be difficult!

Reviews and an 'interesting' tuning request being cooked up as we speak...

Last edited:
Been lurking awhile here since my last post on the Veyron... My PS3 HDD died and I had to reformat it to get it working again... unfortunately I didn't have my GT5 data backed up, and I had made it to lvl 24 A spec & 25 Bspec... Needless to say I've been using alot of your tunes lately. Back up to lvl 23 A Spec and just started B Spec again tonight (Need the Furai & Zonda R again :D)

Paulie, your Ferrari 458 & '70 Challenger tunes are RIDICULOUSLY good. First off, I was running the 458 en La Festa Cavallino and it DEMOLISHED the competition... I can't remember my lap times right away, but I know I finished nearly 30 seconds ahead of the Enzo. The car handles great, turns into the corners very easily and tons of grip on the way out. The aero on it reallly really REALLY helps. Probably one of my favorite cars.

The '70 Challenger I used in the Historic Racing Car cup. SOOO much power with the supercharger I love it. It was very fast and stopped crazy quick to complement its unbelievable acceleration. The only issue I had (the same one I had with the Veyron) was that on Deep Forest Raceway after the uphill the front end of the car leaves the ground. Very easily compensated for (I'm sure Bob will have a tough time when I get there) by turning early or letting off of all those horsies for a second. That much power to the rear wheels really makes the rear sink. I was surprised that it could out-corner and out-brake the 2J, 2D, FGT MKIV, & Toyota 7 Race car. Also, didn't know you could paint cars after you had RM'ed them.

Thank you so much!

Hey guys, long time no see! It's been a while since I was active in the ol' Prologue garage, and it looks like you're certainly doing great for yourselves. I'm currently reading through the entire thread from the start - all 35 pages! :scared: - and I couldn't hold off posting any longer. Edit: Just read about Dragonistic leaving, sad to see but wish him all the best :)

I've driven your NSX Type X and GTR Spec X, and it's clear that you're tuning as well as ever! The cars are great. I'll write some reviews up a little while later - that is, if I don't get distracted by no less than SIX or more of your other cars I'm itching to try! :lol: You've tuned some of my favourite and most used cars so far, so resisting will be difficult!

Hey good to see you.👍 That's a lot of reading you're under-taking, I hope all our tunes are as enjoyable as the first few for you.👍

Been lurking awhile here since my last post on the Veyron... My PS3 HDD died and I had to reformat it to get it working again... unfortunately I didn't have my GT5 data backed up, and I had made it to lvl 24 A spec & 25 Bspec... Needless to say I've been using alot of your tunes lately. Back up to lvl 23 A Spec and just started B Spec again tonight (Need the Furai & Zonda R again :D)

Paulie, your Ferrari 458 & '70 Challenger tunes are RIDICULOUSLY good. First off, I was running the 458 en La Festa Cavallino and it DEMOLISHED the competition... I can't remember my lap times right away, but I know I finished nearly 30 seconds ahead of the Enzo. The car handles great, turns into the corners very easily and tons of grip on the way out. The aero on it reallly really REALLY helps. Probably one of my favorite cars.

The '70 Challenger I used in the Historic Racing Car cup. SOOO much power with the supercharger I love it. It was very fast and stopped crazy quick to complement its unbelievable acceleration. The only issue I had (the same one I had with the Veyron) was that on Deep Forest Raceway after the uphill the front end of the car leaves the ground. Very easily compensated for (I'm sure Bob will have a tough time when I get there) by turning early or letting off of all those horsies for a second. That much power to the rear wheels really makes the rear sink. I was surprised that it could out-corner and out-brake the 2J, 2D, FGT MKIV, & Toyota 7 Race car. Also, didn't know you could paint cars after you had RM'ed them.

Thank you so much!

Thanks for the high praise on the cars.👍 It's surprising the Challenger should have that issue at Deep Forest, given it has downforce, but then again it doesn't have a lot of it.

Paulie, I like your Tunes and I enjoy trying them out, but I am having a hard time locating your new tunes and and updated ones since you don't mark them as such to help me find them. I wind up having to review the last page or two in this thread so I can get a clue about what you have done recently.

Now though, there are so many Tunes that I can't find the latest ones. Help! Where is the one "putting a bite in my performance"? (I couldn't find the update before this one, either!)

Pete

Hey Paulie. Quick question. You have any simple tips on learning to tune properly? As you may know, I recently opened my own tune shop, but I haven't really been able to get them right. Are there any tips, or is it just a matter of reading up on it and then trial and error?

And I have read the guides located in the stickys, but meh =P

Good to know my set ups are still getting love 👍, look forward to reading the reviews as I still check this thread just incase.

Paulie, I like your Tunes and I enjoy trying them out, but I am having a hard time locating your new tunes and and updated ones since you don't mark them as such to help me find them. I wind up having to review the last page or two in this thread so I can get a clue about what you have done recently.

Now though, there are so many Tunes that I can't find the latest ones. Help! Where is the one "putting a bite in my performance"? (I couldn't find the update before this one, either!)

Pete

I don't think the thread title change is necessarily linked to a new car coming out (though it often is it's not a neccessity), I haven't double checked myself but I will make the suggestion to Paulie now that simply date could be added with each link in the OP in a standard dd/mm/yy format allowing users to use ctrl+f to search the number of the current month in order to narrow it down to what has recently been released.

Edit:

Hey Paulie. Quick question. You have any simple tips on learning to tune properly? As you may know, I recently opened my own tune shop, but I haven't really been able to get them right. Are there any tips, or is it just a matter of reading up on it and then trial and error?

And I have read the guides located in the stickys, but meh =P

The main tip would be trial and error, learn how each feature effects the car by a combination of reading or trial and error. Eventually you'll learn what the 'base' things to do on certain layout cars are, for example I have a pretty estimated set up for an FR car which I then tweak and change to the car in question through testing because I generally like the way it turns out from that base for my own driving style, though some may need extreme tweaks some may fall good (but not perfect) straight away.

I've always found for me personally, I can work out what some things do through visualisation in my head of how the car moves and reacts when put in various situations so tuning came relatively naturally to me for suspension settings but less so for things like LSD which I had to trial and test with different cars.

Edit 2: Apologies if I'm stepping in on your turf now Paulie, just doing my bit whilst you're offline even though I'm not actually part of LDP anymore 👍.

Last edited:
... I will make the suggestion to Paulie now that simply date could be added with each link in the OP in a standard dd/mm/yy format allowing users to use ctrl+f to search the number of the current month in order to narrow it down to what has recently been released.

Your suggestion would help greatly if the date could be added with all new Tunes, especially considering how many Tunes there are now. For the most part, searching wouldn't be necessary. That idea would be better than simply marking new Tunes "*New*".

Pete

Hey I tried that M3 coupe 07 tune and I think by far that is the best set up an M3 could ever have its got the speed and the handling which I really like thank you and keep up the good work

Back