Lion's Den Performance- New Autozam, Camaro RM

• Thread starter Paulie
  • 916 comments
Paulie, I like your Tunes and I enjoy trying them out, but I am having a hard time locating your new tunes and and updated ones since you don't mark them as such to help me find them. I wind up having to review the last page or two in this thread so I can get a clue about what you have done recently.

Now though, there are so many Tunes that I can't find the latest ones. Help! Where is the one "putting a bite in my performance"? (I couldn't find the update before this one, either!)

Pete

Well the updated tunes are the ones with Performance Points listed beside them in the first post, there aren't many yet. I would have thought that checking the last page or 2 of the thread would be much easier than sifting through an alphabetically arranged list to see which car has the latest date on it. I COULD potentially put a "NEW" sign beside the most recent couple of tunes when I add them.

Hey Paulie. Quick question. You have any simple tips on learning to tune properly? As you may know, I recently opened my own tune shop, but I haven't really been able to get them right. Are there any tips, or is it just a matter of reading up on it and then trial and error?

And I have read the guides located in the stickys, but meh =P

A basic understanding of basic physics is also a great help, knowing what something does is one thing, knowing why it does it helps you get the exact result you want. I think that sometimes the game may have a few little quirks, so trial and error until you figure out the game's oddities is also a good idea.

Heey paulie can you maybe tune a SLR McLaren '09 sometime ?

Only if you've reviewed one of my cars.;)

A basic understanding of basic physics is also a great help, knowing what something does is one thing, knowing why it does it helps you get the exact result you want. I think that sometimes the game may have a few little quirks, so trial and error until you figure out the game's oddities is also a good idea.

Quirks? Oddities? It's PMS'ing female dog when it wants to.. :P :lol:

LDP-R Group X Giulia Sprint GTA
(212hp/158kw @ 6,700rpm) (231Nm/170ft-lbs @ 6,700rpm) (675kg) (PP)

Tried this setup. This little beast handles very well. Its fun to drive and the exhaust note is awesome. It corners well and exits extremely fast, thats what makes the difference with this car. I dont know if it can be catalogued as a sleeper, but it sure does beat other cars in the same category.

I painted mine grey, I really dont like white that much. Thanks for this setup.👍

LDP Zonda 600 Predator Edition
(601hp/448kw @ 6,200rpm) (800Nm/590ft-lbs @ 4,200rpm) (1240kg) (587PP)

So I finally got round to tuning my stock Zonda 7.3 up to LDP Predator spec and giving it a bit of a run. First off I can confirm that it was possible to set the gearing up exactly as per your tune after not being able to on my maxed out Zonda and it gives an even spread all the way to Vmax. While the Zonda is still a handful even at "just" 601hp it is much more balanced than the stock set up and with a delicate right foot I could even bring the rear into play although once it's gone there's no catching it...at least not by me! I'm enjoying driving it much more than I was before and will no doubt learn to tame it further as I rack the miles up but there's no getting away from the fact that this isn't a car that suffers fools lightly ;)

EDIT: Happy 21st Birthday Paulie :cheers: I trust you've got a suitably messy few days lined up :D

Last edited:
LDP-R Group X Giulia Sprint GTA
(212hp/158kw @ 6,700rpm) (231Nm/170ft-lbs @ 6,700rpm) (675kg) (PP)

Tried this setup. This little beast handles very well. Its fun to drive and the exhaust note is awesome. It corners well and exits extremely fast, thats what makes the difference with this car. I dont know if it can be catalogued as a sleeper, but it sure does beat other cars in the same category.

I painted mine grey, I really dont like white that much. Thanks for this setup.👍

Thanks mate, the Group X Touring Cars are some of my favourites, so I'm really glad you liked it.👍

So I finally got round to tuning my stock Zonda 7.3 up to LDP Predator spec and giving it a bit of a run. First off I can confirm that it was possible to set the gearing up exactly as per your tune after not being able to on my maxed out Zonda and it gives an even spread all the way to Vmax. While the Zonda is still a handful even at "just" 601hp it is much more balanced than the stock set up and with a delicate right foot I could even bring the rear into play although once it's gone there's no catching it...at least not by me! I'm enjoying driving it much more than I was before and will no doubt learn to tame it further as I rack the miles up but there's no getting away from the fact that this isn't a car that suffers fools lightly ;)

EDIT: Happy 21st Birthday Paulie :cheers: I trust you've got a suitably messy few days lined up :D

Good to hear wrt the Zonda. But no, I'm a geek, nothing messy planned. Worked today, basketball tonight, working tomorrow, and dinner at a pizza place on Friday. I also don't like celebrating myself, probably due to a low self esteem.

Sad to see dragonistic hang up the..err.. toolbelt! Ive been a fan of your tunes man, i think we may share the same driving style because i really enjoy the tunes you have put out. The 69' Camaro, The GT-R SpecV, and the RS6 are by FAR my favorte and cars/tunes.

But either way im still a big fan of LDP! Paulie your garage has spoiled me i must say. If i have a car in your garage i dont even drive it stock, i throw your tune on it and go from there. I Like the 458 Tune, i use it quite often but i keep seeing people rave about the 430 Scud, So i think im gonna have to try that very soon.

Im kind of a lurker, i use the internet 99% of the time on my phone, so posting isnt very fun like that! but i always keep up with whats going on here! So just wanted to say keep up the good work! Much appreciaed.

LDP-R 430 Scuderia GT1
(680hp/507kw @ 9,400rpm) (580Nm/428ft-lbs @ 6,400rpm) (1119kg) (PP)

lucernechapelbridgea.jpg

Description: Lion's Den Performance Racing has just taken the wraps off of their new GT1 430 Scuderia. With the whole host of racing equipment included it's ready for sale to privateer drivers. Power is around 680hp, weight close to 1100kg. As an added bonus, when you buy one of these we'll throw in a street version of the GT1 racer.

Base Model: Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Carbon Bonnet
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust System
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres OR Racing Softs

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Front Splitter
Rear Wing
Restore Body Rigidity (Where applicable)
Engine Overhaul (Where applicable)

Tuner's Notes:
Use all available revs before shifting.
The tune should transition over seemlessly to Racing Tyres.
Tuned with all aids off except ABS on 1.

Settings:
1) General Purpose Dry Weather Setup

Body/Chassis:
Ballast Amount (kg): 0
Ballast Position: 0
Aerodynamics: 15/40

Engine:
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:
1st: 3.490
2nd: 2.268
3rd: 1.621
4th: 1.218
5th: 0.962
6th: 0.799
Final: 4.300
Max Speed: 370km/hr
Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/8
Acceleration: 0/48
Deceleration: 0/5

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -15/-13
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 11.0/12.0
Dampers Extension: 4/4
Dampers Compression: 2/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/5
Camber: 1.8/1.5
Toe: -0.12/0.00

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/6

how much is this going for then?

Howdy Paulie

Any chance we'll see the specs on your Scooby soon??:)
Btw, how was the birthday mate

Yes, soon. I've been so busy lately, had practically no time at all for GT5.:banghead: There are so many things I want to do in GT5 atm.

LDP-R GT500 NSX #9
(541hp/403kw @ 7,500rpm) (627Nm/463ft-lbs @ 5,500rpm) (1100kg) (PP)

fujispeedwayf.jpg

Description: Our racing division is at it again, this time taking out the Japanese Super GT in their own NSX. With optimal engine mapping we've extracted a little extra horsepower, and the car has a good setup in it that will help win championships. The setup we used is now made available to all privateer teams.

Base Model: Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Racing Tyres of your choosing

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Tuner's Notes:
You can rev out to the full 8,000rpm no worries
Tuned on Racing Hard tyres
Beware wheelspin, it is there if you're not careful and mid-engined race cars aren't particularly easy to control once sideways
I took the picture before I realised how to work the shutter speed properly
This setup seems to work for other Super GT NSXs as well

Settings:

Body/Chassis:
Aerodynamics: 40/65

Engine:

Transmission:
1st: 3.187
2nd: 2.084
3rd: 1.495
4th: 1.127
5th: 0.893
6th: 0.743
Final: 4.062
Max Speed: 360km/hr

Please Note: You must set the "Max Speed" setting first before adjusting the ratios. If your ratios were previously adjusted, reset to default before inputting my settings.

Acceleration: 0/44
Deceleration: 0/15

Ride Height: -1/0
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 11.8/12.5
Dampers Extension: 4/7
Dampers Compression: 2/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/4
Camber: 1.8/1.7
Toe: 0.00/+0.15

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/5

Will this tune work for the Honda ARTA NSX (SUPER GT) ‘06?

I need a killer tune for an online race tomorrow night at Suzuka. You have set the max speed to 360KMH (225mph) and at Suzuka to top speed doesnt exceed 180mph so if I change this down to 180mph max speed will it throw out all the other settings? We can only tune parts of the car that dont effect the BHP so has to be within 495bhp.

Also using manual gears when is the optimum time to shift up? on the red line or beyond?

Well it looks like I said you can rev to 8,000rpm in that car with no loss of speed. Also worth noting, if you're racing online, that you must account for slipstreaming in your gearing. Those gear ratios are also not yet updated, and I can't say for sure it will work perfectly with any other NSX race car due to power and weight differences. Doing some regular Super GT cars/tests is on my agenda.

LDP NSX Predator Edition X
(422hp/315kw @ 7,900rpm) (403Nm/297ft-lbs @ 6,400rpm) (1045kg) (558PP)

kyotogions.jpg

Description: The world has gone NSX mad by the look of things, and now Lion's Den Performance is adding to our NSX repertoir with the arrival of our Predator Edition X. Designed as an un-compromising time attack car, which can still make super short road trips if need be. As a car that would feel at home in the naturally aspirated class of a Super Lap competition, this NSX makes 422hp with no help from forced induction, and with particular attention in supervising the vehicle's weight, weighs just 1045kg. As proof of this car's time attack ability, it did a 6'59 at the Green Hell.

Base Model: Acura NSX '91

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Racing Modification

Tuner's Notes:
I wish we could get a 6spd gearbox for this thing.
If you're on a track with super long straights, particularly if you think you'll be catching a draft, longer gears may be necessary.
It's super stable at speed but can still light 'em up in 2nd gear.

Settings:

Body/Chassis:
Aerodynamics: 35/60

Engine:

Transmission:
1st: 2.768
2nd: 1.874
3rd: 1.430
4th: 1.138
5th: 0.926
Final: 3.665
Max Speed: 340km/hr

Initial Torque: 0/9
Acceleration: 0/48

Ride Height: -20/-18
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 6.0/6.2
Dampers Extension: 5/6
Dampers Compression: 3/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/6
Camber: 2.7/2.0
Toe: -0.10/+0.18

Brake Balance (front/rear): 6/4

Thanks for the update mate:):)

Drives great.

Yep tested it tonight and it rocks! Thanks alot for this. Gonna try decrease the top speed as I'm getting no where max on Suzuka. Prob try dripping from 224mph to 190 ish. Is that the right thing to do for quicker lap times?

Thanks for the update mate:):)

Drives great.

Thanks and you're welcome.:)

Yep tested it tonight and it rocks! Thanks alot for this. Gonna try decrease the top speed as I'm getting no where max on Suzuka. Prob try dripping from 224mph to 190 ish. Is that the right thing to do for quicker lap times?

Yeah, I drove my finished product SC430 GT500 class car at Suzuka tonight and were I racing it online I'd also have considered ever so slightly shorter ratios. For most tracks they work well. Tonight I bought a regular Joe GT500 NSX, another SC430 to make sure the Eneos version tune I have transfers over, and a regular version GT-R. Perhaps this weekend I'll be testing them all for setups, and posting and updating accordingly.

Maybe he means cost- alot.;) But in seriousness in relative Gran Turismo terms I think just about any tune is chump's change unless it's your first week in the game. Other than the cost of the car, which you'd know if you wanted to buy it.

LDP-R GT500 SC430
(479+hp/357+kw @ 7,000rpm) (514+Nm/379+ft-lbs @ 5,000rpm) (1100kg) (590+PP)

fujispeedwayf.jpg

Description: Our racing division is proud to present a tune for SC430 GT500 privateers. Focusing on stability and driveability, the ride is greatly improved which leads to better lap times.

Base Model: Any Lexus SC430 GT500 Race Car

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:

GT Auto:
Oil Change- if you want extra power

Tuner's Notes:
You can rev out to the full 7,500rpm no worries
I tested both the Eneos and Tom's versions, the Tom's version had less tendency to break out the rear, and could maybe even use less decel on the LSD in good conditions. The Tom's version was faster on handling alone, acceleration was identical.
The Performance Points and power may vary depending on which version of the SC430 you bought and if you did an oil change.

Settings:

Body/Chassis:

Engine:

Transmission:
1st: 3.134
2nd: 2.167
3rd: 1.691
4th: 1.375
5th: 1.155
6th: 0.987
Final: 3.365
Max Speed: 310km/hr

Initial Torque: 0/20
Acceleration: 0/60
Deceleration: 0/16

Ride Height: -6/-6
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 12.4/16.0
Dampers Extension: 4/5
Dampers Compression: 3/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/3
Camber: 1.8/1.4
Toe: -0.08/+0.20

Brake Balance (front/rear): 7/5

bernmarktgassee.jpg

Last edited:
LDP Tuscan Speed X Predator Edition
(563hp/420kw @ 7,900rpm) (583Nm/430ft-lbs @ 5,900rpm) (885kg) (PP)

Ok, the 563 HP come up when the car's engine has been broken in, right?

LDP-R GT500 R35 GT-R
(482+hp/359+kw @ 7,000rpm) (502+Nm/370+ft-lbs @ 5,500rpm) (1100kg) (598+PP)

fujispeedwayfvz.jpg

Description: Our racing division is proud to present a tune for R35 GT-R GT500 privateers. We've put emphasis on getting the nose to point in better, as the original was far too sedated, without going overboard and making the car unstable. The result is a balanced car that goes like stink.

Base Model: Any Nissan R35 GT-R GT500 Race Car

Parts to Purchase:

Tuning Shop:

GT Auto:
Oil Change- if you want extra power

Tuner's Notes:
Shift between 7,000 and 7,500rpm
Compared to the SC430s I've tested so far, this was much faster.
The Performance Points and power may vary depending on which version of the GT-R you bought and if you did an oil change.
This tune transfers perfectly between both Stealth Model and regular models.

Settings:

Body/Chassis:

Engine:

Transmission:
1st: 3.259
2nd: 2.206
3rd: 1.716
4th: 1.389
5th: 1.141
6th: 0.968
Final: 3.255
Max Speed: 350km/hr

Acceleration: 0/60

Ride Height: -2/+1
Spring Rates (kgf/mm): 16.0/13.0
Dampers Extension: 8/6
Dampers Compression: 4/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/6
Camber: 1.8/1.4
Toe: -0.10/+0.10

Brake Balance (front/rear): 5/9

ahrweilergate.jpg

LDP-R GT500 R35 GT-R
(482+hp/359+kw @ 7,000rpm) (502+Nm/370+ft-lbs @ 5,500rpm) (1100kg) (598+PP)

This is a GREAT tune !! really this car drives like a angel ! i love it ! its so direckt on the road . its just so easy to drive it it go's like you want it to go its fast . its very controlt so you dont have to worry about anything . you can see the corner and you wil take it whitout any problems . and the brakes ar also very good . it brakes so fast .

Really sorry about the bad english i hope you guys will still a littel bit understand what i say lol :P .

I understood it all, so don't worry, and thankyou very much.:D

LDP Courtesy Bus
(208hp/155kw @ 4,400rpm) (341Nm/252ft-lbs @ 4,400rpm) (931kg) (PP)

You do realise that the Mid Range Turbo Kit gives the SambaBus more power than the High Range turbo, right?

Isn't it at a less useable engine speed? I suppose gearing could fix that......I'll tell you what, I'll look at that when ever I get around to looking at gear ratios for all my pre-update tunes.:banghead:

Back