Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah its like the pits at Spa once they rebuilt it, took like 2 minutes to trundle the full length of it haha. I like the track tho for a test session as its got lots of tight corners, sweepers, elevation changes, etc and really tests out a car but I'm leaving this one up to you guys.

Well shows you how much I've driven the Eiger track haha. I had no idea it had a pit lane.

I am all for it because when else are you going to see LMP and GT cars on that track? It would be a mess but I think it would be amazing at the same time.

I'd do it with either no or light damage just to avoid the mass pileups....I'm keen to do it but yeah, I'll see what others have to say.

Or maybe not as a pre-season race but just a fun race or something? Maybe after the season is over to wind down or something like that?

Sephy thats actually a good idea, however I have thought of a second break in the season before Suzuka for a 'Heritage' event at La Sarthe 2005 with old LMP's and Group C cars and GTS cars. Maybe just have Eiger Norwand as a show up if you want to race after Round 9.

picture.php

NRG Racing makes it official.
NRG Racing will be Corvette Racings official LMES team and will receive factory support from GM's racing division. Having gained Corvette Racing support in the past this new deal makes NRGR a works team in the fullest sense of the word. Along with NRGR affiliate Project 54/PWR Racing, Corvette Racing will supply parts and services along with 2x new Z06RM GT1's and a ZR1RM GT2 each season of the LMES. When asked about this now full works involvement NRGR owner and driver Mitch had this to say, "we've had support from Corvette Racing and GM in the past and they gave us tremendous help through our attempt and success for the overall win at Le Mans and this new deal just makes it that much better, I'm very happy to have them onboard with us fulltime."

Wow reading that makes me want to race under NRGR in the GTPFIA lol.

My bad, I meant there is a NRGR GT2 ZR1RM in the GTPFIA but its yet to turn a wheel in anger...

Haha yeah I went over to that thread and figured it out. Don't know how I missed it! I'm glad now I have someone to help Chevy win the Manufacturers' Championship lol.

picture.php

NRG Racing makes it official.
NRG Racing will be Corvette Racings official LMES team and will receive factory support from GM's racing division. Having gained Corvette Racing support in the past this new deal makes NRGR a works team in the fullest sense of the word. Along with NRGR affiliate Project 54/PWR Racing, Corvette Racing will supply parts and services along with 2x new Z06RM GT1's and a ZR1RM GT2 each season of the LMES. When asked about this now full works involvement NRGR owner and driver Mitch had this to say, "we've had support from Corvette Racing and GM in the past and they gave us tremendous help through our attempt and success for the overall win at Le Mans and this new deal just makes it that much better, I'm very happy to have them onboard with us fulltime."

Heck yeah

url

The factory guys need to really hook me up. Its going to hard missing the tests, but hopefully it works out.

He's GTP_MPower...
Hopefully once the PSN is up there'll be a new ZR1RM sitting in your garage ready to go, NRGR and CR are pretty quick with those things.
And Flyin, if Lambo is cool with you driving for NRGR then I'm cool with you driving for Lambo :P

NRGR take over Flyin Bull Racing? That'd put you in a GT2 vette you do realise that dont you? :P

This online outage wouldn't be so bad if GT didn't ask you to sign in 4 times before the main screen.

If you disconnect your PS3 from wireless or just unplug the ethernet cable it never asks if you want to sign in.

Sephy thats actually a good idea, however I have thought of a second break in the season before Suzuka for a 'Heritage' event at La Sarthe 2005 with old LMP's and Group C cars and GTS cars. Maybe just have Eiger Norwand as a show up if you want to race after Round 9.

I know I'm late on this comment but a heritage race sounds awesome! Because I would love a chance to drive the GT40...

Cant agree with you more there but this PSN outage is giving me alot of time to think....
Anyone, anyone handy with video editing and has a mic?

picture.php
NRG Racing satellite team Project 54/PWR Racing is one of the more recent teams to enter the LMES. Team owner and driver lilcat89 has had previous success in the GTPFIA GT3 series and has ambitions of GT2 success, Corvettes have been strong in endurance racing in the past and no doubt P54/PWRR plan on capitalizing on previous form to reach their goals in the Le Mans Endurance Series.

Firstly, having previously driven in the GTPFIA GT3 series in a Lamborghini how do you think you'll go driving a GT2 Corvette?

The GT2 car will have quite a bit more grip, but have about the same power. So, I think the change will be fun and I look forward to racing anything right now.

With Project 54 now a satellite team to NRG Racing running under the PWR Racing banner do you think this association will improve your chances of winning?

I think anytime you team up with another team, your chances will increase. The driving side will still be important. Having another team to help test and develop the car and work with will help a lot.

Running as another solo driver like many in GT2 will you look to strategy for the win?

I think strategy will be the deciding factor. Especially, in such a super competitive class as GT2 is.

With a new 2 hour race format how do you see the endurance side of things coming into play?

Consistency throughout a tire stint and not making mistakes will be a huge part of surviving the races. Staying out of trouble and staying off the LMPs will be paramount.

Le Mans has been said by many to be the race they all look forward to, is this the case for P54/PWRR?

Definitely we are looking forward to Le Mans. The history of the track, the legends who have driven there. Its the goal and dream of everyone in sportscar racing. It is definitely our goal to win there.

What are your goals for the season?

The goal for us this season is really just to get used to doing the 2 hour races and developing the car to get the most out of it. I'm really looking for improvement as the season wears on.

Will we see P54/PWRR full time or will it be a race by race decision?

We are definitely going to run the full season. However, some conflicts have come up that are going to keep us from being at the preseason tests.

What lead you to the decision to run in GT2?

We decided that we needed to start out at the bottom class and work our way up as we improve as a team.

And finally, a podium spot at Le Mans would certainly cap a fine first season, will you be pushing hard for the win?

It would absolutely cap off a good year. There is no question that the car can win, but the strategy has to be right. Staying out of trouble will be huge also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back