Lmes

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 1,924 comments

Remove GT1 and go with just LMP and GTE(GT2) or leave as is?

• Yes, bigger GTE field and more competition.

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • No, leave as it is.

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I need to start running some laps and find a good baseline for the car.

EDIT: First laps in Rome and quickest lap of 1:06.742. Consistently in 1:08s though. No LMPs are getting past me in sector 3. Sorry, but its not happening.

Last edited:
I think my best at rome it only a 1.05. Also iirc 1.22s at leguna, and 3.50s at la sarthe.

well I just ran at Le Mans and set a quickest lap of 4:00.7. If you are ten seconds ahead of me then you need to get your car reigned in a bit. The factory Corvette ran a 4:04 at the official test day also.

Also Mitch, why is the M3 GTR in GT1? Especially when it is in GT2 spec from the factory.

02-2.jpg

Bentley Racing Development is surely one of the classier entries in the LMES. If not for the styling of its LMGTP then its definitely the road cars that give the brand its upper class feel. BRD is a match made between a small privateer and a factory team long out of the game, we caught up with team drivers Sephy (blue) and Tatoune (green) to see what makes it tick.

As one of the 2 known factory teams in the competition what sort of support is Bentley giving you?

Bentley Racing Development has been extremely helpful in providing us with all of the necessary equipment and information to make this season successful.

Was it a case of waiting for a car to show up or did you go looking for a factory to partner with?

Initially we were starting out as a privateer team. We looked at a few different chassis before finally being approached by Bentley. They were looking for drivers for their new Racing Development team and we were looking for a seat. So far it seems to be a "match made in heaven" as they say.

Bentley won the 24 Hours of Le Mans, one of only 2 teams to have beaten Audi in the last 10 years (Peugeot in 2009). Do you hope for similar success?

Regulations have changed a lot over the recent years however Bentley are very passionate about winning this championship. The Speed 8 did have its problems at first but ultimately took the podium. It's same with Peugeot. Audi is a very strong team with great personnel and it's clear you need to step your game up to beat them. Bentley have decided to rely on the Speed 8 once again for competition. Everything on the car has been overhauled to meet these new regulations and extensive testing is being done to iron out any kinks. We are very much looking forward to showing what this team is capable of during the upcoming season.

After looking for a teammate during the formation of the competition how do you feel you and Sephy will go in the competition? How did you decide on the LMP class?

I think there's some good guys out there and we will have to work hard, but I'm also confident in the success of our team and the car. The Speed 8 is just an amazing and wonderful car. Also I know Sephy is a perfectionist and he knows how to win races. He's already won the second race in the GTPFIA championship and he's got a lot of talent. Add on that the great communication between us and I think it's the key for success.

I have never run in the LMP class before and I wanted to taste it before the end of my career. I'm getting old and I think that was the perfect time for me to sign with Bentley. Also I want to thank my wife for the support. Without her everything would be different.

LMP is looking to be quite a strong class this year with a couple of older chassis making up the 2 stronger teams. Only Ten10 Motorsports is running a new Peugeot 908. Do you feel that the older cars can compete against this young newcomer?

Peugeot has shown their strength on track in the past. They seem to be a very dedicated team that definitely won't back down from their competition. I feel that both our team and the Audi team have what it takes to keep up with the newer designed chassis though of course Bentley Racing Development will put all of its resources towards securing the championship. We feel confident that our technology and innovation will lead the way to victory.

When we look ahead through the rounds of the competition there are set to be some memorable races to come, which track are you looking forward to and why?

This is a difficult question to answer. Every race on the calender looks exciting with many historical tracks coming up. Rome is going to be great. Such a small tight track it's definitely a spectator race. However who doesn't want to compete at legendary Le Mans?

And finally, will we see Bentley Racing Development on the podium at the end of Round 9?

Though running in separate classes in the GTPFIA, and us both being brand new to the LMP class, we hope the experience we've gained along with the experience of Bentley will not only see us on the podium but at the top of it. We'd also like to take this time to wish the best for every team (factory and privateer) in each of the LMES classes and thank the organizer for putting together such a great competition. This season is going to fun and we can't wait to see how it plays out!

The LMP fight is hotting up, lets hope the battle is just as fierce on the track.
Stay tuned!

Guys its the people that make the racing and thats really what the interviews show, some great people set for some great racing once PSN comes back.

well I just ran at Le Mans and set a quickest lap of 4:00.7. If you are ten seconds ahead of me then you need to get your car reigned in a bit. The factory Corvette ran a 4:04 at the official test day also.

Also Mitch, why is the M3 GTR in GT1? Especially when it is in GT2 spec from the factory.

I'll test the vette at la sarthe tonight, but it shouldn't be that slow I would think. Maybe the 50hp makes a bigger difference then I think on the straights. I would of thought 2-3 but not 10. fwiw, the 550/1250 specs I ran 3.42-3.43s in the vette.

You should be at 500hp/1300kg as per the new specs...FWIW I've run a 3:53 in a 485hp/1275kg ZR1RM (real GT2 spec hp and weights for Corvette) but I do think your 3:41 claim is a bit dubious, a 650hp/1150kg Z06RM can only do it in 3:40 (online, 3:37 offline).

MitchZ06
You should be at 500hp/1300kg as per the new specs...FWIW I've run a 3:53 in a 485hp/1275kg ZR1RM (real GT2 spec hp and weights for Corvette) but I do think your 3:41 claim is a bit dubious, a 650hp/1150kg Z06RM can only do it in 3:40 (online, 3:37 offline).

Yeah that was testing with old specs. My memory could be off, but i know it was in the 3.4xs 100%. This Is all offline testing as psn of down. I test my ZR1 tonight at new specs and see how it compares, also will test the R8, and ford GT. The extra power in the Z and NSX will show down the straights and I expect a 2-3s lap time difference.

Last edited:
So at the current GT2 regs, the times I have for la Sarthe are:
ZR1 : 3:52.851
GT : 3:54.395 (a few mistakes)
350z : 3:49.783
R8 : 3.53.203

Considering the huge difference in hp (350z has 22% more hp then the GT, 350z has 17% more then R8, and 350z has 11% more power then the ZR1) on a track with a big hp advantage (straights) I think they're pretty fair. Only 5s separate them on a near 4 minute lap. fwiw, the GT was ~ 10-12mph slower (then 350z) on the straights but 10mph faster through the porsche curves.

Edit: Oh my 550/1250 lap times were 3:47.484 with the ZR1. Also if you want, I can provide the tunes if you're having trouble setting up the cars. I have a wheel and run no aids besides ABS1, and are setup for that.

Last edited:
La sarthe will expose the cars lack of hp runing solo but once the draft is factored in the differences will be canceled out.

Jav
La sarthe will expose the cars lack of hp runing solo but once the draft is factored in the differences will be canceled out.

Yup, but even in solo runs the difference isn't that great. I'm just replying to lilcat89s statment that the 350z/NSX hps should be brought down.

I will admit that my laps that I ran were more of a baseline run and more or less just running the racing line. I was probably around 8 or 9 tenths driving wise. So, I guess its possible, but even at La Sarthe, 10 seconds a lap is still quite a lot.

Gotcha! Trust me on this guys, the cars are very very evenly matched on the normal tracks. The whole GT2 field is covered by less than .5 seconds!

Ten10 Motorsports Announcement:

We are proud to announce our great new collaboration with Team Oreca, it
seems that they have decided to add us to their great corporation by buying
us for an unprecedented amount of 1.3 million euros. :drool:

They have permitted us to maintain our proud driver and departed owner to
help them achieve success. They also have entrusted us with the most modern
technology available, and support us one hundred percent.

The biggest change that has came to the company was a change of
team name we will now be known as Ten10 Oreca Motorsports.

FullWhiteRGB.jpg

So Mitch if you could update that for us please. 👍

Last edited:
Just gonna put this out there guys, the test session after Madrid is likely to be at Eiger Norwand short track, is everyone up for it or would a different track be preferred?

I'm open to options, will most likely be a real track if its decided to not do Eiger Norwand.

OMG Eiger Nordwand would be hell. Bring it on!

I have done a 30 lap race on this track for fun and it was pretty entertaining (prototypes crashing because they were trying to avoid GT's after landing the jump...) but I'll leave it open, Eiger Norwand or a different track (wont tell you which one either ;))

Lol!! I have a few tracks on mind, but I won't be on the preseason testing so I'll just stay shh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back